Author Topic: Kosmosis: The Krin  (Read 4241 times)

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
Kosmosis: The Krin
« on: June 16, 2011, 08:19:06 pm »
EDIT: Ha ha, I just noticed Necro's race is the Vrin...whoops. Ah well, shouldn't be too big an issue.
OVERVIEW:
The Krin are a semi-biomechanical bipedal race. Their skeleton is of a material somewhat similar to steel. The rest of their body is made of a softer metal that can bend and repair itself, almost like organic material. They have a single eye of varying color, blue being the most common color. They have four fingers on each hand (three fingers and a thumb) and have legs like the back legs of a cat (AKA Digitigrade, I believe). A common Krin stands about 7 feet tall, and weighs about a half ton. Their brains are among the most powerful known computers in existence; You could probably fit the entire massed data of the entire Photos Empire's main frame (which I assure you, is a staggeringly high amount of data) inside one Krin, though it wouldn't have much memory left over. They are protected from forms of computer viruses by a special virus they are programmed with; it has the entire "operating system" of a Krin on it, and if a computer virus or such attempts to damage these, it rewrites the damaged data. Not only that, once it tracks down a foreign program, it rewrites it into itself, making the Protector Virus even more effective. The Krin are very strong and able to lift almost fifty time it's own weight with moderate effort.

POLITICAL SYSTEM:
The Krin have a government that is somewhat a cross between a republic and a monarchy. The "kings" are elected by the common people. Once they take power, they have much power, though there is a code that they must abide by. Most matters are simply passed by the leader and accepted, however laws such as tax increases and such must be approved by the general public in a majority vote.

MILITARY SYSTEM:
The Krin military consists of Krin who are willing to join the army, much like a normal recruitment for any other race. Rather than tedious basic training and such, the Krin are merely uploaded with all the battle tactics and such needed. Physical conditioning is rather unnecessary as, being machines, they do not develop musculature and such, and are always at their physical peak, barring malfunctioning parts. I'm not going to go into specific weapons and such right not, I'm too tired.

I'll do more later, this is just a start.
« Last Edit: June 21, 2011, 06:37:56 am by GroxGlitch »

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: Kosmosis: The Krin [ROUGH DRAFT]
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2011, 10:23:40 am »
Mmm...

Artificial race...  :3

Do add more.

EDIT: Ha ha, I just noticed Necro's race is the Vrin...whoops. Ah well, shouldn't be too big an issue.

Must. Resist. Urge. To make a race... That rhymes... With Krin...

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2011, 03:14:01 pm »
Some information on their homeworld, along with a little history!

HISTORY: The Krin were created by an ancient race who's name has long sence been lost by even the Krin themselves. While they were a powerful and stable race, eventually a severe genetic mutation produced sterility in the entire race. Knowing that this was their last generation, the race created the Krin, as a way of "living on", in their minds.  They even went as far as to create an artificial planet for them to live on, called Beshir. Sadly, as even the Krin forgot about them, this didn't work. The Krin are a rather old race, credit to this. They re-used much of their creators' own technology for their own purposes, such as structures, vehicles, and starships.

HOMEWORLD:
Name: Beshir.
Equatorial Radius: 8,231 km.
Type: Artificial, Terrestrial.
Atomsphere: Though the Krin don't need one, the planet sports an oxygen-based atmosphere thick enough for most species to survive.
Gravity: 1.21 G's.
Position: 4th planet from star.
Picture:

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2011, 03:53:09 pm »
Nother' little tidbit!

The GRAVIC INDUCTION FIELD (GIF):
The Gravic Induction Field, or GIF for short, is a common piece of technology used by the Krin. It works by emitting a localized gravity field that can be used to move things by changing the intensity of certain parts of the field. For example, let's say I was to pick up a car in a GIF. Let's assume the GIF's strength is 3 G's. If I were to increase the front end of the GIF to 4 G's, the car would be attracted to that end and move forward. Moving the field would move the vehicle, so long as you kept the car in the field behind the 4g zone. It's used in everything from weapons to propulsion to heavy lifting.
WEAPONS: Most Krin weapons fire an unstable particle blast propelled by a Gravic Induction Field.
PROPULSION: While Krin starships use normal thrusters for sub-light travel, for FTL, they use a large, high-power Gravic Induction Field.
HEAVY LIFTING: Rather obvious. Krin vehicles for heavy lifting feature a GIF Generator for moving large objects. Not much explanation needed there.

KRIN PARTICLE RIFLE:
The Particle Rifle is the primary ranged weapon of the Krin military. It uses a GIF to propel an unstable particle at high velocities. Rather simple by Krin standards. The unstable particle is very effective at penetrating armor and has horrendous results on lightly armored or unarmored infantry. It's maximum range is about 750 meters, though it's effective range is about 575 meters, however it can be more or less depending on the skill of the shooter. After 750 meters, the particle simply can't sustain itself anymore and breaks down. The particles are stored inside clips that are loaded into the weapon.
Picture:

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2011, 05:02:25 pm »
Sadly, as even the Krin forgot about them, this didn't work.

Ouch!   :D

Nother' little tidbit!

Wouldn't want to be an organic while on a Krin ship that's about to go FTL, then. The massive acceleration would squish fleshy creatures to a fine mist.   :-\

Though, if the Krin were to make a dampener system using GIF, I guess the problem with the acceleration would be avoided.   :)

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2011, 09:17:20 pm »
Krin, despite being machines, still "feed", in a way; their onboard reactor can only do so much, and as such, Krin typically draw power two or three times a day to help take the load off their reactor, the Krin equivalent of eating.

The outer shell and internal structure of a Krin is all dark-coloured; their outer shell is a dark gray color, and their inner structure is painted in a jet black coating of paint. Despite this dark, almost evil appearance, most of them are at least amiable. There are some Krin that are downright evil, rotten to the core, pardon the pun. Then there are others who are just unpleasant. One of which is KT-239, or "Kresa", who is a General in the Krin military. He's know to commonly have a foul mood. Of course, this could be credited to the fact that the unit under his command has a rather horrid ratio in combat; 1/7, one win to seven losses.
Yeah, you'd probably be pissed too if your leaders were riding your arse for that.

Something I'd like to clarify for future reference: their anti-virus "virus" does NOT mean they are immune to all forms of cyber attacks. While a difficult nut to crack, especially for a first time encounter, it can be fooled or even downright beat, in theory. It'd just take a good enough hacker.

The Krin homeworld, Beshir, is completely constructed over, except for the oceans. Their empire is small, but all the planets in their home system are either planetary metropolises or on their way to that status.

While not large, the Krin fleet is reasonably strong, with regenerating armor, particle weapons, and decent shields. Despite this, they just don't have the numbers to expand very rapidly and keep peace. All the special metals and such are pretty expensive, but they are very cost effective, fortunately.

(Ok, here's some stuff. I'll end up going into detail on most of this later on, but it's up for now.)

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
Re: Kosmosis: The Krin
« Reply #6 on: June 21, 2011, 04:35:11 pm »
Although I didn't exactly want to do mini-updates like this, I'll have to for the To Switch A Pirate RP.

PARTICLE REPEATER: A heavy, three-barreled Particle weapon designed to help offset the vast numerical disadvantage the Krin usually face in combat. Fires a large particle bolt than the standard Particle Rifle at three times the rate of fire.

PLASMA CLAW: A melee weapon used by the Krin, mainly in higher ranking Krin. It essentially projects a field of plasma around the claws, which bear a monomolecular edge, to both increase the power of the attack and to increase armor penetration. The Plasma Field can be toggled on or off and the edges of the claws can be sheathed in use. Other than the monomolecular edge and such, it's pretty much the same as a normal Krin hand, except almost four times the size.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2011, 01:41:51 pm »
There's a goodie on the way:
I've been working the better part of today on a 3d Mesh of a Krin in Blender 2.5, and it's almost done. I need to do the hands, finish my detailing work and such, and then it's onto rigging, UV Unwrapping, texturing, baking, and all that other fun stuff. I'll post pictures as I go along.
EDIT: Ok, here we are:
A front render, the light was a little harsh for some reason:

A back render, not so bright this time:

The first image, from inside Blender's user interface:

« Last Edit: July 01, 2011, 02:31:27 pm by GroxGlitch »

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2011, 03:52:07 pm »
Dang, you sure are getting quite a lot better at this, Grox!  ;D

Keep up the great work!   :)

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2011, 10:01:36 pm »
Krin Defender-class Gunboat:
One of the most common Krin military vessels is the Defender-class gunboat. While it boasts a respectable amount of secondary weaponry for a ship of it's size, it's dorsal mounted gun is it's biggest and best weapon. The dorsal gun, while able to be exchanged by for different weaponry, is uaually a Particle Accelerator. This weapon, a variation of the Railgun, fires a magnetically-active unstable particle at nearly 90% of light speed. This already explosively unstable particle is even more explosive when traveling at such an incredible velocity. Defenders usually need to stay at a distance, because the main gun is very noticeable and is usually the first thing enemies shoot at.

Also made in blender, took about a half hour.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2011, 03:25:15 am »
What's that at the top?  ???

I like the design.