Author Topic: The KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES  (Read 22405 times)

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
The KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES
« on: June 08, 2011, 11:20:14 pm »

SO... This is an idea that I had just now. All that I really know who would pay any attention to this post at this point would be Yuu and GroxGlitch however, so I may post this in another section. Anyway, I had the idea to trick out, so to speak, the Kosmosis Board. It's a very rough thing, but you get the idea. I added "Chronicles" to the name to both differentiate it from the old failed site and this new idea, as well as give a newcomer the idea this this would be a book series (more like short story series... but in the past, I've seen some pretty epic arcs!)

Other ideas I had were:
A timeline kept orderly and clear from the very beginning. Standardized time, style, and whatnot.
a Database, with things like Ship Charts and things like that.
And, a different style of storytelling reserved for Arcs. Basically, story construction as follows:

• Main Idea
  • Plot
  • Timeline
  • Events
  • Individual Stories

That way, it keeps storylines form becoming a mess as they seem to commonly do with freeform storytelling, and it encourages working toward the next story, keeping people interested in writing.

Also, we need to control nitpicking with new members. There should be a guidelines section outlining basic ideas. No godmodding, and it's definition, etc.

And inventiveness with First Contacts! No story should have that in the name, (stories should all have titles if possible.)

And finally, The Associated Artists group needs to be carried over to the new site, to help people who don't have the ability to draw, or are limited to M.S. paint and whatnot.

This whole post will probably fall on deaf ears. Meh, maybe it'll catch on! I hope! I love writing! Especially science fiction!

Also Humans. Forum Controlled. Maybe a commitee.

Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
Re: The KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2011, 11:34:29 pm »
how about no DM. all conflicts should come from the PC's, which is part of why the old one failed; if I remember right it tried to create a third party villain instead of letting the various races fit into their niches.
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

gec05

« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2011, 11:39:19 pm »
I approve.

Also, DMs? PCs? Fill me in on what the hell that means.

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
  • Blood for the Blood God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2011, 11:46:54 pm »
DM: Dungeon Master, or game master.

PC: Player Character: Or races played by the rpers.

I also agree with Crazen, a third party villain should be used as a last resort. Or at least should not dominate the story completely, racial conflicts should be a central point as well.

Also psychic powers should be allowed.

It just so happens I am done with the concept of a new race!
« Last Edit: June 08, 2011, 11:51:29 pm by SimplyNecro »
Quote from: The Evil Overlords Handbook
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2011, 12:47:55 am »
(heh, I already managed to sneak in shamanistic elemental powers.  :) )

for the record, some species should already know each-other and have interactions. whatever is conductive to the story. saves time, too.
oh, can we do this soon if we are gonna do it? I have had over a year to work on it, and the Agnasi arc will be swell.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 12:52:26 am by Crazen »
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2011, 12:56:15 am »
Personally I don't think we have a big enough writer base, or reader base for that matter, to effectively carry out a story arc. That stuff would have to wait until we get up to at least about a year ago in terms of traffic, I personally think.

And now sleep -_-

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2011, 02:29:38 am »
Finally, I can post the creature that I've been formulating on-and-off for the past year!

In any case, I fully support this venture!   :)

(heh, I already managed to sneak in shamanistic elemental powers.  :) )

BROPINCER!   8)

for the record, some species should already know each-other and have interactions. whatever is conductive to the story. saves time, too.

This.

Though, I would prefer if most of the galaxy was still unexplored, which has a lot more potential for first contacts and frontier stories compared to an already charted galaxy.

oh, can we do this soon if we are gonna do it?

Yes. Yes. YES.

Oh, and we should probably at least ask some of the guys we might know on other forums who might be interested in this as well.

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2011, 03:46:25 am »
I'm confused. Do you want to bring Kosmosis here, restart it or make a new site that is also named Kosmosis?
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2011, 12:44:21 pm »
In regards to where you mentinoned first contacts, I think they should be done away with all together.  If we do this, it should be assumed that each race has some prestablished knowledge of the other races to begin with.  Otherwise the first bunch will just be a whole lot of "Hi, I'm race so-and-so, what's your name!  Let's be friends/enemies!"
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2011, 03:19:48 pm »
maybe have groups that already know each other, but don't know about the outside galaxy. And instead of just an introductory RP, have some story it's based around. An anomaly investigation or whatnot. One I did at the old Kosmosis involved saving a group of my species' (the IIathrians) form a failed warp drive experiment. Kosmosis was abandoned before it could be finished however.

Also, I got my friend interested in Kosmosis/Spore. He's an avid writer, and he's made a pocket novel over the past few months.

Also Also:
I'm confused. Do you want to bring Kosmosis here, restart it or make a new site that is also named Kosmosis?
It would be a whole new site. Mainly just to make it look appealing and sci-fi-ey
The old one would probably be archived on the newer one somehow.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 03:23:02 pm by Kitkat »

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2011, 05:52:46 pm »
I agree with both of the above. no first contact rp, but you can have a story about a new race being discovered/coming out of the closet

For example, my Iavolg won't be fully known until they burst out of the ground on all the planets they have been hiding on and start eating.
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2011, 08:06:36 pm »
I'm looking into possibly creating the website myself. Next we would need anyone with connections to "solicit" the site to anyone else.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2011, 09:29:55 pm »
These places should be a good place to start.

I'll go ask around some of the guys I know there. brb.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2011, 09:39:46 pm »
I'm behind you all the way, Kitkat! It's been way too long since I really did some sci-fi RPing, what with the longwinded TWCBN.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2011, 09:46:41 pm »
Count me in on this.
Lemme know when it's up.
EDIT: I don't know if you guys would have use for it, but I drafted up a quick little New User Guideline thing. Probably not worth anything, but still. If it works out, yay, I saved somebody 15 minutes of work, if not, oh well. I did kinda guess about what there would be, sense there is no current board as of yet:

KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES BOARD, ROLEPLAYING, AND CREATURE CREATION USER GUIDELINES

I. GENERAL BOARD GUIDELINES.
1. No spaming, you will be warned, and if you persist, you will be banned.
2. No vulgar/suggestive Usernames, Avatars, Signatures, or other profile information.
3. Before making posts in other sections, please post a new topic in the New User Greetings section, so that we know you understand the board mechanics fully before entering the general public of the board.

II. NO THEFT.
1. If a user is caught "stealing" (copying the race/fiction/ect of another person(s) without providing due credit) said user shall be given a warning, and if there is a second offense, shall be banned.
2. "Stealing" of content DOES NOT include content you have created elsewhere AS LONG AS verification of said ownership can be established.

III. ROLEPLAYING GUIDELINES.
1. No Godmodding. (Godmodding is where one person in an rp executes an action from another character not belonging to him, has an overwhelmingly unfair advantage/disadvantage from the other Rolplayers in an RP, ect, ect. In essence anything deemable "unfair".)
2. Please use restraint when using suggestive language/swearing. Cussing is ok, but try not to be too suggestive or use words such as "The F  Word" and the like UNLESS DEEMABLE BY THE CHARACTER BEING RPED, in which case a LIMITED amount of these are acceptable. If there IS to be swearing in a Story/Roleplay, please make a noticable notification of such in the first post of aforementioned RP/Story, for the sake of younger users or users who would have an issue with such language.
3. Please use English when posting. Same goes for the non-rp sections.
-NOTE- If you do NOT understand English, please put your post through Google Translate or equivalent so the rest of us can understand it. -NOTE-
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 10:08:38 pm by GroxGlitch »