Author Topic: The KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES  (Read 22423 times)

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
Re: The KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES
« Reply #45 on: June 18, 2011, 10:16:13 pm »
Well, some kind of spy sabotage scenario with rising tensions could lead to war.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 18, 2011, 10:25:31 pm »
There are a lot of different scenarios out there that could work. But like I was suggesting, I think that it might be a better idea if not everyone knew the actual outcome of the RP, so that there would be a sense of 'exploration' with that unknown variable added into the game.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 18, 2011, 10:48:46 pm »
Well obviously. Planning RPs kills the whole point of RP. RP is supposed to be progression, point in time to point in time, based on the characterization and perspective of the participating characters. Not a planned sequence. That's a book or novel or story.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #48 on: June 18, 2011, 11:05:15 pm »
How about the assassination of one of the civilizations' Pope analogue?

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2011, 11:30:40 pm »
Raz and I have been talking a bit about this, and we've actually come up with something that should be pretty interesting (at least we think so). It does involve a little bit of a setup beforehand, but that's something that everyone could easily work around.

Basically, it goes under the assumption that there is a religious organization that is stylized off of the Catholic Church. This Church, covertly sends a group of 'hit squads' after a high profile target. This target is a somewhat well known pirate who has harassed a number of different organizations, both of government and private affiliation. That's about all of the info these hit squads are given, and the RP revolves around the chase.

I would play the pirate, who would be the main villain, while the players would play the hit squad sent out to take out the pirate.

This would require some cooperation on everyone's part, specifically when it comes to the church. This church doesn't have to be all powerful, the general idea is that it has some followers in almost every race, and that it is well funded and pretty powerful nonetheless. It might also require that some races be more 'open' to this church than others, since this RP could lead to some very interesting follow-up RPs at the conclusion of this one.

This would be a good starter RP, because it can include personalized characters that are able to be pretty high up in their respective race's hierarchy, yet still participate in some nitty-gritty action as they chase this pirate around some solar systems.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: June 19, 2011, 12:07:20 am »
I could make some minor edits to the ideas I have for my race's religion if nobody else wants to fill that religion role.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: June 19, 2011, 12:17:06 am »
The religious structure Josasa and I are thinking of is as such;

The Source

When exactly the Source came to be is unknown. It is commonly thought among scholars that the Source began as a hodgepodge of *insert my race name here* beliefs  that were thrust together when the *insert* began their colonization efforts, with the various Kingdoms vying for control of the most extraterrestrial land, warring with one another, taking prisoners and accepting immigrants.

This mixing of beliefs eventually gave rise to what is known as the Great Epiphany, when a *insert* colonist and terraformer named Ser Salandius Carzoa realized the interconnectedness of every single rock, cell, creature, planet, star, solar system,  and galaxy in the Universe as he planned the first realistic effort at terraforming the first *insert* colony, Merkae.

Ser Carzoa went on to abandon his Knightship in favor of a Resonation, and forged the first true, though small, church that would soon become known simply as the Source. Ever since, the Source has spread like wildfire, galvanizing almost the entire *insert* race to its cause, and even spreading to other races. Soon, the Source ceased to be a *insert* organization, and became a truly galactic organization, composed of many races who hold high office.

The Source's central belief is that all things are connected to God, otherwise known as the "Source." The Source is the source of all life, of all energy, of everything, and all life, energy, and everything is part of the Source. The Resonator, basically the Pope, is the head of the Source, and resonates with the Source the most, and understands its desires. The Resonator then transmits these energies and intentions to his Conduits, the high priests, whom themselves transmit these energies and intentions to the Channels, or lower priests, whom themselves transmit these energy and intentions to the Links, or members of the Source, the common people.

In this way, the structure of the Source resembles a chain, which eventually reconnects with itself, as the Resonator listens to the Links, which are a part of the Source. This also means that all Links are integral to the whole chain, which fosters a sense of purpose, community, and belonging.

From this circular chain of life, energy, and everything, comes the symbol of the Source; a simple circle with thick white lines.

The Resonator is democratically elected, and therefore of my race, which I will unveil at some point in time. Jos and I have been talking a lot about this.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: June 19, 2011, 12:52:58 am »
The Source

Umm...

Other than that, seems ok.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: June 19, 2011, 12:54:01 am »
The name of the organization is basically the name of God.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: June 19, 2011, 12:54:44 am »
I know, but it's also the name of the one from Spore, incidentally, not that I mind it too much.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: June 19, 2011, 12:58:01 am »
Well we're not calling it the Battery :P

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: June 19, 2011, 01:16:24 am »
Here is the rough draft of the opening post, although it may change a bit. It gives an idea of what we're going for with this RP and if it's even something that other people would be interested in.

Conduit Phara stood in front of the assembled Program, scanning the faces of each and every alien that sat before her. These were all the best of the best when it came to their respective races. Some were excellent with weapons, some were intelligent, some were devout zealots, while others were just very well connected. Whatever the reason, they were sitting in this room, waiting for her to begin the briefing.

“Some of you may have heard of this name,” Phara clicked a button and the wall behind her flickered to life. A large portrait of a Forthi was presented. There didn’t seem to be anything special about this particular individual, except for a massive scar that ran down the right side of his face. The wound started from the top of his skull and stretched down and out of the frame of the photograph, suggesting that it continued down a good portion of the upper body. This wasn’t really saying much, though, as the Forthi were smaller creatures that were generally between a meter and a half and two meters tall.

“He goes by the name of Sigma Suul, and pirating is his profession of choice.” Phara continued as the group stared at the hardened face of their new foe. “The reason that you’ve been called here, is that Suul recently attacked a Source ship that was travelling between Octanus I and Reeva IV.” Phara clicked another button, and the picture behind her changed to show these two solar systems and the highlighted planets.

“Our ship was following protocol, although it was on higher alert, as the areas surrounding Reeva IV are known for pirate activity. The standard distress signal was reported shortly after leaving warp, as the Source ship had to exit early due to the asteroid field that sits relatively close to Reeva IV. This is also the reason for increased pirate activity, as the asteroid field gives them somewhere to hide. Not much information was gleaned from this distress signal, except that it was sent one hour and thirty two minutes after exiting warp and that three pirate ships were spotted. The identity and actual number of these ships are unknown, since that information was not broadcast, although we are assuming that they were all frigates. These are the ships that are known to be under the command of Sigma Suul.

“Now we know that these ships were under the command of Sigma Suul, since the crew members of the abducted ship were released planet side several days later. Alongside this, we have a number of sources in the pirate community. All but Suul claimed no involvement in this attack on the Source. It seems that many people realize the power of the Source, and understand that we are not to be trifled with.” Phara smiled as she said these words, as did most of the people in the room. It was no secret that the Source was nearly everywhere in the civilized galaxy. Several different governments officially sanctioned the religious organization, and the number of Links within the Source was in the billions. This made for a very lucrative collection pool, which made sure that the Source always had capital to ensure its spread.

“Further probing of our contacts in the pirate community turned up where Suul frequents and where he could most likely be found. Using this information, we are sending you out on a search and destroy mission. Sigma Suul himself is to be apprehended and brought in alive. His entire crew is to be eradicated as are his ships and equipment. Suul has strayed and he must be switched. He has lost his way, and it is up to the Source to right his wrongs. Let our brother’s energy be purified.”

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: June 19, 2011, 10:40:56 pm »
Sorry for being gone for disappearing for a week, but I bet most of you don't care.

Anyway, I'll put in my two cents for The Source. I think its origins should be more along the lines of a dead non-player alien race's religion. Like a exploration team from one of the the first space-faring races finding the ruins of the said dead race's temple or somewhere along those lines.

I like the idea of a galactic Senate, sort of like the United Planets in Gal Civ and maybe the Citadel in Mass Effect. I'm unsure on how that would work though.

While I was gone, I was thinking up a new race somewhat inspired from one of the book series I've been reading. I already drew up a picture for one of their first interstellar ships thats mostly like the ships in the series, except the one in the series used antimatter to make increase its speed. My race's ships won't use antimatter of course, I think a number of you may not like it too much if I did. I'm also getting ideas about weapons that could be developed, like bomb-pumped laser systems and maybe large laser cannons positioned next to a star to shoot massively powerful laser beams at threatening asteroids or ships.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: June 19, 2011, 10:45:25 pm »
That might be possible, to make the Source based on some ancient race. At this point though, it still really isn't any specific race's religion. We didn't want people feeling like they would be under someone (as in Raz's) thumb, simply because some of their race was religious and the Resonator (or Pope) was under his control. We were really trying to say that this religious organization has evolved past the idea of just a single race, and has taken on autonomy over the past several decades (if not centuries).

And on that topic, is there absolutely no interest in this RP?

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: June 19, 2011, 10:53:32 pm »
I am, I was just gone for a week.

Also, I'm seeing a number of new races in the Creation Corner for Kosmosis. I'm guessing those are going to be the races we're going to use for this?
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!