Author Topic: Star Wars: Clone Wars  (Read 4843 times)

Offline legameboy

• Lunar Lander Leader
  • Meep!
    • View Profile
    • Echonet
Star Wars: Clone Wars
« on: March 27, 2005, 10:24:40 am »
While I was gone on spring break, I bought myself the Star Wars: Clone Wars Volume I DVD, it's great fun.

Volume II on the other hand... that was all that Volume I should have been. Volume II is incredible. I don't think I can wait any longer for Episode III to come around.

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
Re: Star Wars: Clone Wars
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2005, 08:13:46 pm »
While I was gone on spring break, I bought myself the Star Wars: Clone Wars Volume I DVD, it's great fun.

Volume II on the other hand... that was all that Volume I should have been. Volume II is incredible. I don't think I can wait any longer for Episode III to come around.

Did Volume II of the Clone Wars (episodes 11-20) come out yet? I thought they were still working on those.
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
  • Returned from the grave, now with more immunities!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2005, 10:00:01 pm »
They've been out for a long time. I watched them on TV, and they where awsome! I love the Jedi-killing robot fight seen.
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #3 on: March 28, 2005, 03:11:26 pm »
Actually Volume II just aired last week for the very first time. You can still see them at:

http://www.cartoonnetwork.com/promos/200503_starwars/

Offline Zealousy

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 28, 2005, 05:40:49 pm »
I thought volume 2 came out right around when episode 2 was released in theatres.
*scratches head*
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather ... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
- Will Shriner

Offline Greyleaf

• Boot Hill Bandit
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 28, 2005, 05:51:04 pm »
Wow ... I had no idea they actually had a Star Wars tv series, lol. Episode three will be pretty cool, but the origional episodes were the best to me. Especially the final scenes against the second death star and Palpatine's throne.
98% of the teenage population does or has tried smoking pot. If you're one of the 2% who hasn't, copy & paste this in your signature.

Offline Zealousy

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 28, 2005, 05:59:03 pm »
Well, it's not really a tv series so much as a mini-series. It's managed by Gendy Tartakovsky, the creator behind Dexter's Laboratory, Powerpuff Girls, and Samurai Jack. each season is ten episodes, each episode being 5 minutes each. Cartoon Netwook would play it once a week, as a nice in-between for shows, so instead of seeing 5 minutes of commercials you could watch 5 minutes of action-packed jedi goodness! ;D ;D

As far as the Classic Trilogy, I tend to like the middle film the most. The stakes certainly were the highest in Episode VI, but to many of my friends and me (it's proper english, I swear!) the stakes never really felt that high. Of course, a lot of the tension went away after seeing the ending, but the second one's just so damn good. :D
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather ... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
- Will Shriner

Offline Scipion

• Stargate Superstar
  • Returned from the grave, now with more immunities!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 28, 2005, 09:56:02 pm »
Is there a difference between Volume II and Season II? Cause I've seen Season's I and II, I didn't know ther ewas anything else.
-Just like Gaming Steve all of my ideas, suggestions, and comments are merely edjucated guesses. These are based on prior experience and current released info.-

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #8 on: March 28, 2005, 10:01:47 pm »
It's a bit confusing. But Volume I came out in two parts, all in all there was a total of 20 episodes. Volume II just came out last week and only had 5 episodes, but they were much longer than the original ones (which were only 5 minutes each).

Definately check them out online while you still can (they will probably take them down soon).

Offline lemurbouy

• Defender Devotee
  • oh my...
    • View Profile
    • Leeman's Livejournal!
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2005, 01:37:58 am »
I'm at a point now where I'm taking this series more seriously than the two prequels.  Right now, the main reason I want to see Revenge of the Sith is to find out how Clone Wars ends.  I know the state of the Star Wars universe is in constant discussion and debate in the geekdom but right now, I'm just relieved that something so awesome is being taken out of something I consider to be mediocre.  I'm restating a lot of what's been said both by my friends and on the Intranet but I felt like adding my two cents to the fire in a horrible mixture of metaphors.  thank you. -leeman

Offline Serdun

• Revenging Yar
  • Sup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2006, 05:50:31 pm »
I never actually saw that movie...
Yes. Of course.

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • It was either that or a rattle-snake bite...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2006, 08:31:31 am »
Anyone who saw Episode III should watch the Clone Wars cartoons just to see that General Grevious isn't some crappy cyborg, but one who killed off a large portion of the council himself.

I own both DVDs and love them so much. I believe they are made by the same guy as Samurai Jack (which I also own). Together they are about the same length as another prequal, but it is a far better movie then Episode II. If only they had Boba in it...but he may be on the TV show...

Wow, this makes me realize how long it's been since I was an active user here.

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2006, 03:11:51 pm »
Anyone who saw Episode III should watch the Clone Wars cartoons just to see that General Grevious isn't some crappy cyborg, but one who killed off a large portion of the council himself.

I own both DVDs and love them so much. I believe they are made by the same guy as Samurai Jack (which I also own). Together they are about the same length as another prequal, but it is a far better movie then Episode II. If only they had Boba in it...but he may be on the TV show...

Yeah, didn't he get that wheezy voice for mace windu?

And Samurai Jack was a great show, too bad they got rid of it  :(

Offline Serdun

• Revenging Yar
  • Sup.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2006, 03:29:24 pm »
And Samurai Jack was a great show, too bad they got rid of it :(
There was one episode of that show where it showed his childhood, and it always made me want to eat a muffin...
« Last Edit: May 03, 2006, 02:48:49 pm by Serdun »
Yes. Of course.

Offline Cool AN

• Mansion Maniac
  • Life is worth much more than gold
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 03, 2006, 04:41:09 am »
I really need to get those episodes on DVD.

Quote from: /lurk
PALM: Oh face, come closer. I've needed your touch since I heard that fundamentalist Christians were being stupid again.
FACE: Not again! Quickly Palm, come to me!