Author Topic: Grand Theft Auto: The Man  (Read 2802 times)

Offline Toshipaine

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
    • web - music - art :: kxmode
Grand Theft Auto: The Man
« on: October 02, 2005, 06:01:29 pm »
Imagine the GTA franchise from the viewpoint of police officers trying to shut down the criminals and mafia from the original GTA games. You start off as a rookie officer and advance to detective, then undercover, and later Police Commissioner. Rockstar could go back and retell the story starting with GTA3.

Maybe one day we'll see GTA Online. All cities from all their games including GTA 1 and 2 would exist in a persistent world. You could choose between two sides: organized crime and the criminal underground or the police force and FBI, with each having pros and cons. I think the Guild Wars model would be popular. Rockstar would release small episodic content at $15.00 each. Factions would be similiar to WOW with one difference: lower and upper division ranks. Rank 1 would be the Criminal Underground and Police force (lower) and they would battle one another. Rank 1 would also be restricted to which city they dwell in. Rank 2 would be Organized Crime and the FBI (upper) and they would battle one another and rank 1 factions. Rank 2 wouldn't be restricted to one city. Rank 2 would have jurisdiction over rank 1. To get to rank 2 you would have to work your butt off in rank 1. In either faction advancement to rank 2 wouldn't be easy or guaranteed because of politics and the life expectancy on both sides is low. One concept to make gameplay challenging would center around death. If you die you would start over. This is how EVE Online does things. If your ship explodes you have to rebuild. I think this would add a Rockstar edge to GTA online.

These are my ideas. I'm sure you have ideas of your own.
« Last Edit: October 02, 2005, 08:05:14 pm by Toshipaine »

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
Re: Grand Theft Auto: The Man
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 01:48:48 pm »
I actually thought of the GTA online idea a while ago, but mine wasn't a PvP type thing. It was just going around like in the one player game, but there are other guys. I like your idea better, though.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 02:37:21 pm »
There are mods that do this.
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2005, 02:49:57 pm »
Yes, there are.

Multi Theft Auto (MTA) is a load of fun!

Can't wait for MTA SA.

Offline Gauphastus

• Space Harrier
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #4 on: October 03, 2005, 03:57:59 pm »
Aren't they basically making a game like GTA online already? It's called All Points Bulletin I believe.
You choose to be a cop or criminal and you move up in rank as you go along.

Very excited about it, but I haven't heard anything new on it for a long time.

EDIT: Info here--
http://games.teamxbox.com/xbox-360/1253/All-Points-Bulletin
« Last Edit: October 03, 2005, 04:04:34 pm by Gauphastus »
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 04, 2005, 12:58:06 am »
I knew I heard of something similar when i read through that all points bulletin was it.

Offline Toshipaine

• Microvision Master
    • View Profile
    • web - music - art :: kxmode
« Reply #6 on: October 04, 2005, 12:17:10 pm »
What? No PC version?  :-[