Poll

(Pre-E3 Poll) Who's conference are you most excited for?

Microsoft's
5 (22.7%)
Sony's
3 (13.6%)
Nintendo's
14 (63.6%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: E3 - 2011  (Read 15091 times)

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
Re: E3 - 2011
« Reply #75 on: June 07, 2011, 01:57:17 pm »
Oh okay I haven't got that far yet, I only seen wii sports and Super Mario brothers me...and it uses wii motes too?

Ill have to watch the rest when I get back tonight.

Yes all wii controllers are forward compatible. Wich is kinda cool. I hope the 720 is like that because I love me my 360 controller.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 07, 2011, 02:06:29 pm »
Hasn't playstation always done this?  Or have I not noticed changes to their controllers because they were small and I was lazy?
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 07, 2011, 02:13:40 pm »
Yeah, you try plugging a PS2 controller into a PS3. :P
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 07, 2011, 04:36:49 pm »
Yeah, you try plugging a PS2 controller into a PS3. :P

WHERE DOES IT GOOOOO

But there have been almost no changes in the PS controller design for 15 years, so I don't blame you.

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 07, 2011, 05:09:25 pm »
Thank goodness for this! Now I'll have even MORE Nintendo stuff to covet, but not have enough money for!

AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #80 on: June 07, 2011, 05:15:43 pm »
Hahaha.
Funny guys.

If you don't believe that this is real or something--
http://twitter.com/#!/gustavhalling/status/78029240041345026
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 07, 2011, 05:28:23 pm »
So that's why everyone was going crazy about the dino shot. That's Rad.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #82 on: June 07, 2011, 08:00:41 pm »
But I don't consider their console a victory when people buy it and it becomes an expensive dust collector because its a piece of gimmicky garbage with very few good games for it, and even most of the good games for it pale in comparison to the other consoles *decent* games.

Are you serious, dude? You're supposed to be one of the consistently smart members of the forum and here you are blabbering on with tired and factually inaccurate arguments. I admit to being a Nintendo fanboy, but I WILL NOT let you sling crap like that.

The fact that the Wii sold well is just the icing on the cake. We're talking about some of the best games that have ever been made being released on the Wii. Even without massive third party support, Nintendo's achievements with its first party titles on the Wii is nothing to dismiss. It's a shame you bought into the "it's a gimmick" line that the competition have been peddling, because you're missing Mario Galaxy, Donkey Kong, Zelda, BIT.TRIP, A Boy and his Blob, among others.

Really, the Wii is a remarkable success and shows just how good Nintendo is at making games. They're the best. And yes, Nintendo made mistakes. They ignored the hardcore and fell horribly behind in the online space. Certainly more could have been done to tie the handhelds and the console together. And I'll even admit that Nintendo went overboard with making some of their core IPs casual-oriented (Kirby in particular). But to come here and have the stones to say that the Wii is a failure, and then to conclude that Nintendo's best offerings on the Wii pale in comparison to the competition's "regular" stock. Gorman... really? Really?

You go back and come up with a proper post filled with proper reasons why you think the Wii is a failure. Not some elitist, snooty BS that ignores the facts. You're just looking for a reason to say that Nintendo sucked and that's not right and I will not tolerate it.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 08:03:01 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 07, 2011, 09:09:20 pm »
Okay Pat fine, The nintendo wii is a failure in my eyes because the moment I walk in to gamestop and look at the wii section I have to wade through literally 90% of shovel ware like stuff like deca sports and one hundred sports and mini game clones, games like cooking mama with absolutely no substance just to find a good game, and even then those *good* games are normally sub par and outdated. You cited donkey kong, the exact same game we played on the SNES with a graphics upgrade, same with super mario brothers wii.

Galaxy is pretty good, its only my personal preference that rules against it, I don't find that game fun because its a walk in the park, my mom loves Donkey kong, SMPW and Galaxy, shes 50 years old and not a gamer, and there's my problem with the console, its not for gamers, but it tries to pretend it is.

The whole waggle thing is an attempt to fix what is not broken, innovation in games is great, but PC gamers never complained about using a mouse and keyboard, and  I never complained about normal controllers, the whole motion thing flopped hard, very few games use it well, even my monster hunter tri simply uses motions to trigger a canned animation as if you just pushed a button and that's what a lot of wii games do, very few games actually mimic your movements or at least do it well. So what happened? every old franchise and its mother got a new side scroller thats what happened. And how do you play these games? you turn the damn controller sideways and use it as a normal controller abandoning half of perks you marketed the console with.

The wiis best games use the console and its controller to play like the other consoles play, if its best games are to be played in the same way I would play a 360 game, yet lacks all the graphical and processing power that the 360 has..I don't consider that a win.

I can count the amount of good wii games on my hands, without bias, not just games I like, but non shovel ware games. And many of those like I said feel old and outdated. The wii sold a ton of consoles, but not a ton of games, and some of its best sellers are stuff like Wii fit, I don't know about you, but I've never lost any sleep over being excited for the next exercise game.

I don't think Nintendo sucks, I think the Wii sucks and I think because the wii sucks and is doing well its hurting the industry, case in point, the 360 kinect and the playstation move.

If the WII U keeps its promises I may not share that sentiment with it, but the Wii to me is something done terribly wrong marketed very right.

The Wii is behind its competitors in power, has terrible online capability, marketed itself on its motion capability but failed to do them well, the vast majority of games that exist for it are budget mini game or sports collections. Its best games rarely use the motion capability if at all (Smash bros, NSMB, DK) some of its best sellers are games revolving around working out and getting in shape. Most of its games lack depth of any kind and are incredibly simple and easy. That is why I think it is a failure as a game console, a failure for gamers, not Nintendo.

Mind you this is all just my opinion, you are of the opinion that some of the best games ever have been released on the Wii and I think its insane but its your opinion, I wouldn't rate galaxy DK or any of that above an 8, good games but nothing special. We will just have to agree to disagree on that.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 09:19:35 pm by Gorman Conall »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #84 on: June 07, 2011, 09:39:40 pm »
That's an awfully narrow-minded perspective to be coming from. It's just games... they're supposed to be fun. I don't care if it's Super Mario 750. If it's fun, I'll buy it and love it! Heck, if Madden Football suddenly becomes spectacularly awesome and it's only that way on the PlayStation, I'll buy that!

The great games on the Wii might not be readily apparent because they're no hype train for you to follow. But if you took some time and looked around, you'd see that there are a ton of really great games to play on the Wii. And that's about it. The Wii is a wonderful console and worth the time.

**EDIT**
Pikmin 3

« Last Edit: June 07, 2011, 09:47:23 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 07, 2011, 09:57:27 pm »
I hope it's more like Pikmin 2. Ie, no day counter/timer....

Honestly did anyone BEAT Pikmin? That game was hard as hell.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: June 07, 2011, 10:04:24 pm »
Good!  I really want to play a pikimin game sometime.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Rysworld

• Autoduel Mechanic
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 07, 2011, 10:12:03 pm »
Oh, wow, that's amazing.

Pikmin is one of my favorite game series.

YISS.

Offline Clayface

• Jungle Hunter
  • user #9
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 07, 2011, 10:32:24 pm »
there is a game for the wii called little king story, it's kind of like pikmin

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 08, 2011, 01:06:04 am »
I hope it's more like Pikmin 2. Ie, no day counter/timer....

Honestly did anyone BEAT Pikmin? That game was hard as hell.

I one hundred percented it.

Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.