Poll

(Pre-E3 Poll) Who's conference are you most excited for?

Microsoft's
5 (22.7%)
Sony's
3 (13.6%)
Nintendo's
14 (63.6%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Author Topic: E3 - 2011  (Read 15083 times)

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
Re: E3 - 2011
« Reply #60 on: June 07, 2011, 10:21:15 am »
Man, you know what? I feel pretty good about this and I really don't care that much about Nintendo.
This thing really sold me. I mean for **** sake, the controller is basically a Cintiq.

HRRNG.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

gec05

« Reply #61 on: June 07, 2011, 10:22:07 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JElywbkSbY" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0JElywbkSbY</a>.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #62 on: June 07, 2011, 10:25:54 am »

Soooo psyched about the Wii U. Luigi's Mansion 2.

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 07, 2011, 10:36:26 am »
I skipped this past gen of consoles.  The Wii-u looks like something that could definitely earn its keep. 

Though one big question is...multiple video controllers?  They showed one video controller and multiple wii-motes, but I'm wondering if it will be able to handle more than one video output stream.  And if you have to buy another new controller, it can't be cheap.  I would guess $100 for the controller at the very least.   

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 07, 2011, 10:41:32 am »
This looks pretty good. Makes me even more excited for next-gen.

Offline ilikesanta

• Karateka Krazy
  • '06 Time Magizine Person of the Year
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 07, 2011, 10:41:50 am »
I skipped this past gen of consoles.  The Wii-u looks like something that could definitely earn its keep. 

Though one big question is...multiple video controllers?  They showed one video controller and multiple wii-motes, but I'm wondering if it will be able to handle more than one video output stream.  And if you have to buy another new controller, it can't be cheap.  I would guess $100 for the controller at the very least.   

By the look of the thing I'm guessing only one pad controller at a time. It might be able to handle more, but the controller by itself is probably to expensive to expect people to buy and extra controller.
I need a new tag.
My Spore Creatures

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 07, 2011, 11:26:59 am »
I skipped this past gen of consoles.   

Wait. What?

It's been like, 7 years... how...?
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 07, 2011, 11:33:29 am »

Wait. What?

PC Master race.

:y

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #68 on: June 07, 2011, 11:52:37 am »
That whole talk between Geoff and Reggie was unbearable.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 07, 2011, 12:29:22 pm »
I haven't caught up on stuff today yet but Nintendo may be winning profit wise...which really is all that matters to them. But I don't consider their console a victory when people buy it and it becomes an expensive dust collector because its a piece of gimmicky garbage with very few good games for it, and even most of the good games for it pale in comparison to the other consoles *decent* games. (Ironically I own TWO wii's only one game is ever played on them, monster hunter tri)

So yeah a win for Nintendo, and a big fat loss for its gamers. Now I gotta go look at their new console..probably more gimmicky casual trash but its worth looking at before I say more.

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: June 07, 2011, 12:31:06 pm »
They didn't show a single casual game for the Wii U. They'll probably exist, but waggle seems to have gone away as the main mode of control.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 07, 2011, 12:46:15 pm »
I don't have time to watch it all because I have to go to work, but it looks like the Wii U is just a new controller for the existing wii and not a new console huh?

I cant see people doing that again, they marketed wii motion plus (something that should have been on the wii at launch) and people bought it..and then almost nothing motion plus related came out and the stuff that did saw almost no difference from non wii motion plus games. I cant really see people going and buying another add on for the wii. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking on my behalf.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 07, 2011, 12:48:26 pm »
Unless they've invented some sort of special SD card that makes the Wii not have badgrffix then its a new console. Also, the picture of the new console that they released >_>
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 07, 2011, 12:48:47 pm »
No, it's a whole new system.  HD, better processor and better graphics.  Better than Wii, on par with PS3/xbox.

Wait. What?

PC Master race.
:y
Exactly.  I had a PC before I had an NES.  :P

I was going back to school when they were all released and I had no money.  I've played a game or two on them all, but even after I got out and had spending money again, nothing screamed "BUY ME!" 

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 07, 2011, 12:54:08 pm »
Oh okay I haven't got that far yet, I only seen wii sports and Super Mario brothers me...and it uses wii motes too?

Ill have to watch the rest when I get back tonight.