Author Topic: Fantasy Adventure!  (Read 3139 times)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: Fantasy Adventure!
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2011, 07:02:50 am »
Check it out, though do it as stealthily and far away as possible, in case something did attack him.

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2011, 09:32:00 am »
You edge around the wall cautiously. There's useful stuff on the ground, but they can be saved for later. Up on the wall there is some hubbub. The Dawn Archers are yelling and pointing. One of them notices you. "Paul! Paul! It's Bert! A creeper got him! And I think the crater opened up an old mine shaft!"

There are thousands of old mine shafts all over the damn place, created whenever an Engineer gets a fancy and needs a lot of raw materials. Some of them can even reach the bottom of the world. You just hope this isn't a 'hole punch' - essentially a huge chunk taken out of the earth.

It's dark down there. There must have been just this thin crust of dirt over the shaft. You think you can just see him on a set of stairs, writhing in pain. Which means he's still alive, at least. Up on the wall there are people scrambling to fetch some ladders.

What do you do?

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 06:11:08 pm »
Drag him outta there, stat!

Makes you look good in front of everyone while also making Berty body indebted to you.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 10:24:21 pm »
Burn everything.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2011, 05:53:19 am »
There's no way you can drag him out - he's too far out of reach. But you try beating away at the dirt. Most of it just crumbles away as you follow the stairs around. Eventually you come to a part that doesn't look like too deadly a drop. So you do.

It hurt a lot more than you expected. You hear a few ribs crack, but the adrenaline your body is producing allows you ignore it. However, an error occurs when you attempt to roll over, misjudging the width of the step. Thankfully, these are cobblestone steps, so you grab one before you fall to your doom. A few arrows slide out of your quiver, never to be seen again, but they can be replaced. You finally manage to haul yourself up.

Trudging warily, using the light from the broken crust to find you way to your fallen friend. You come across his prone body. Now you could wait, but you here monsters in the darkness below. Skellies and zombies would probably burst into flames, but spiders could be a huge problem. He's alive, but who knows what moving him could do.

What do you do?

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2011, 06:55:37 am »
Carefully check if his neck is intact.

If his neck is broken, get those bones out and rip open your sack (get your mind out of the gutter! This is not that kind of sack) then use them as a makeshift contiguous head-neck-chest splint/collar. Afterwards, drag him out of there, making sure that he's as prone as possible throughout all of this as to not disturb his neck. The pain and risk of paralysis would suck for Bert, but it beats getting left behind and eaten by horrible monsters, so tell him to serious the crap up if he ever complains about it.

Otherwise, haul him outta there using a fireman's carry.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2011, 10:26:49 am »
Shoot fire down the pit and then levitate. Then wake up from this dream and eat a bowl of cereal.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2011, 04:25:40 am »
You reach Bert. He's groaning - good. He's still alive. "Bert, you OK?"

He gives you a look. He manages to croak "Yeah. I think it's just my limbs broken."

"OK, I'm going to lift you over my shoulder. Get ready." There's a yell and some swearing. "Really sorry, mate."

As you climb the stairs, dirt drops down into the shaft below. Pillars of flame shoot up as sunlight hits the undead. Faces appear over the lip of the hole. Two women come down with a stretcher. After you carefully place Bert on the stretcher, some body passes you some water. The Captain appears as torches are being placed on the wall. "Good job Alellex. Warderss should be fine, eventually. Plus, this is a good find. Take the rest of the day off. Though I may have a job for you tomorrow."

What do you do?

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2011, 05:20:03 am »
Take the rest of the day off.

We're most likely gonna need it.

Oh, and get ready to suit up. Chances are we're gonna be sent down there tomorrow.