Author Topic: Fantasy Adventure!  (Read 3141 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Haseri

  • Lode Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2215
    • View Profile
Fantasy Adventure!
« on: June 01, 2011, 03:43:23 am »
You dream. You dream of your future. You see yourself as a captain of the elite City Guard, a wife in your arms and children running as you stand on Hero’s Hill, overlooking the gleaming spires of the city of Sterndale, as the trains and boats that made the city rich come in from parts unknown.

You are Pauliamin Alellex, of the village of Singnstead, a journey of a day or so from that city. You plan to propose to your sweetheart, Elyn Linsons, the smith’s daughter, pretty damn soon. You are part of the village’s meagre day guard, a task you share with your childhood friend, Berthusti Warderss and the grizzled old captain, Crobenjust Periches.

Just as you turn to kiss Elyn, her mouth opens and out comes the harsh voice of Captain Periches. “Boy, wake up, the town is under attack!”

What do you do?



Offline Cyst

  • Space Harrier
  • *****
  • Posts: 4092
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Adventure!
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2011, 04:08:53 am »
Slap your woman's face and tell her to get back to feeding your children. Then go and kill a dragon.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Yuu

  • Civilization Emperor
  • *****
  • Posts: 10050
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: Fantasy Adventure!
« Reply #2 on: June 01, 2011, 05:23:29 am »
Eat self.


"Accidentally" punch him out of surprise.

Get your stuff and proceed to where the fight is taking place, but be sure to always stay in the rear.

Offline Plank of Wood

  • Final Fighter
  • *****
  • Posts: 8428
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Adventure!
« Reply #3 on: June 01, 2011, 05:26:07 am »
Refuse to take part in the draft. Go towards the nearest Red Cross station, and remain there as a refugee.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Rysworld

  • Autoduel Mechanic
  • *****
  • Posts: 4218
  • hhhhhhhh
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Adventure!
« Reply #4 on: June 01, 2011, 03:24:08 pm »
> Pick nose.

Offline Kaizer

  • Mail Order Monster
  • *****
  • Posts: 4393
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Adventure!
« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2011, 06:57:27 pm »
Kill your commanding officer and eat his heart



....thats how you rank up in the military right?

Offline Yuu

  • Civilization Emperor
  • *****
  • Posts: 10050
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: Fantasy Adventure!
« Reply #6 on: June 01, 2011, 07:47:54 pm »
If you're a member of Sauron's army, yeah...  ^^

Offline Haseri

  • Lode Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2215
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Adventure!
« Reply #7 on: June 02, 2011, 03:21:59 am »
Out of pure surprise, you strike Croben. As he is reeling from the sudden attack, you run toward the chest in the next room and acquire your leather armour (like the town has enough to supply you with chainmail armour), steel sword and bow and arrows. You are sheathing your sword just as you rush out to the meeting point, where your friend and fellow Day Guard Bert is lounging against the old bare flagpole, smirking.

"Looks like Periches got you with the old 'the town is under attack routine'. Heh. Your shirt is on backwards, by the way." He sees something behind you that makes his eyes widen. "Oh tell me you didn't..."

As you turn, you see the Captain, holding his face as a rich pruple bruise was starting to form on his cheek. He wasn't snarling and hios face wasn't turning red. He looked calm. Dangerously calm. Except the eyes gave it all away. If you had any idea what lasers were, you would think he was just about to burn you with them, straight from his eyes.

Shame he also spoke with a calm demeanour. "Well, well, well, Alellex. What are we going to do with you? Striking your commanding officer, eh? Looks like someone's on clean up." Bert laughed. "You to, Warderss. We had an unusual amount of skeletons attack last night, so theres bound to be some good bones around. Oh yeah, there are some Creepers to the north. Try and get them away from the walls."

As the captain walks away, Bert sighs. "Damn it, clean up. Listen, I'll go and get our packs, you meet me by the North Gate. And please don't get distracted by your lady friend. Again."

What do you do?

Offline Yuu

  • Civilization Emperor
  • *****
  • Posts: 10050
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: Fantasy Adventure!
« Reply #8 on: June 02, 2011, 06:03:38 am »
"Oh, Bert, you know you're the only one I've my sights on...", you tell Bert just before licking his cheek. Then immediately follow up with "HAH! Just kidding!", just before you dash away to where those bones are.

Offline Haseri

  • Lode Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2215
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Adventure!
« Reply #9 on: June 03, 2011, 04:45:53 am »
"Oh, Bert, you know you're the only one I've my sights on..." In the same moment you lean in to lick his face, his contorts into one of revulsion, then to just disgust as you lick his face. You pull back and smile. "HAH! Just kidding!" And then you run towards the gate, with Bert shouting profanities at you.

Unfortunately, the run to the gate does not bring you near the smithy. Maybe later. Right now, you wait at the gate, which is just a door in the inner wall leading to the gap, which seperates into the outer wall. The gap is a depression in the ground, so the night guard can hack at the legs of anything next to the outer wall. The two walls are joined by a landing, on which archers can stand. The interior of the gap is lit with infinity torches - the Engineers' most useful invention by far - just as the roads are.

Beyond the outer door are the rolling hills of the surrounding land. Animals graze and live. Wheat grows in the fields. Zombies and skeletons, who must have found a place to hide once the sun came up, but are now foolish enough to come outside, burst into pillars of flame. You can't see it yet, but the ground close to outer wall has fresh pockmarks from the usual nightly battle with monsters. Even as you stand here, waiting, some women are carrying fallen warriors out from the gap. The word seems to be that no one has died - thank the Maker - but there are still some pretty rough injuries.

After a few minutes of waiting, Bert appears with two packs. He throws yours, but in such a way that it lands in pig excrement. "Serves you right," he says through a smirk. You cross the gap and stand outside village. "Right, we'll do a standard circle around the village. You want to right or left?"

What do you do?

Offline Yuu

  • Civilization Emperor
  • *****
  • Posts: 10050
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: Fantasy Adventure!
« Reply #10 on: June 03, 2011, 05:53:07 am »
Depending on which one is our dominant hand, go to the side where your dominant hand is between you and the outside.

Also, make sure you have as little contact with the excrement as possible without compromising your job.

Offline Cyst

  • Space Harrier
  • *****
  • Posts: 4092
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Adventure!
« Reply #11 on: June 03, 2011, 12:28:06 pm »
Shoot fireballs at the zombies and skeletons.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Kaizer

  • Mail Order Monster
  • *****
  • Posts: 4393
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Adventure!
« Reply #12 on: June 03, 2011, 01:30:10 pm »
realize your in minecraft and ask why your not digging for diamonds

Offline Haseri

  • Lode Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2215
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Adventure!
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2011, 03:06:45 am »
Diamonds? You remember that they are underground. Where the monsters are. You aren't immortal, like an Engineer.

"I'll go right, you go left. See ya 'round the back." Bert sets off to go counter-clockwise around the village, while you go clockwise. There are some spiders, pacified by the sunlight, which you easily avoid. The archers will get them later. Feathers, arrows, string and sulphur. All useful bits and pieces, found in the remains of the fallen monsters. There's the occasional food item or useful piece of leather from an unfortunate animal that got caught in the battle. It all goes in the sack.

The outer wall is made of wood. Stone is too expensive. At irregular intervals, some wood juts out, to stop spiders from climbing up it, a tactic they had been using lately.

On the eastern horizon is the tower of the Engineer Mynthia Cotterss, sticking out of a natural ravine. Engineers like to disturb the land as little as possible, unless it gets in the way of one of their Projects. Mynthia has never done it, but there are tales of Engineers flattening mountains armed only with pickaxes. The joys of not needing to rest...

As you look at the tower, there is a momentary purple flash. If you had blinked, you would have missed it. Thinking it is just more Engineering tomfoolery, you get on with your job.

You eventually make it to the very back of the village. After a few minutes, you realise that Bert is taking a long time. There wasn't that much stuff on the west side, surely? And it's not like Bert to be squeamish around bodies. You probably should investigate.

What do you do?

Offline Clayface

  • Jungle Hunter
  • *****
  • Posts: 1653
  • user #9
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Adventure!
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2011, 03:18:22 am »
stand on your head!

Offline Yuu

  • Civilization Emperor
  • *****
  • Posts: 10050
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: Fantasy Adventure!
« Reply #15 on: June 04, 2011, 07:02:50 am »
Check it out, though do it as stealthily and far away as possible, in case something did attack him.

Offline Haseri

  • Lode Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2215
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Adventure!
« Reply #16 on: June 05, 2011, 09:32:00 am »
You edge around the wall cautiously. There's useful stuff on the ground, but they can be saved for later. Up on the wall there is some hubbub. The Dawn Archers are yelling and pointing. One of them notices you. "Paul! Paul! It's Bert! A creeper got him! And I think the crater opened up an old mine shaft!"

There are thousands of old mine shafts all over the damn place, created whenever an Engineer gets a fancy and needs a lot of raw materials. Some of them can even reach the bottom of the world. You just hope this isn't a 'hole punch' - essentially a huge chunk taken out of the earth.

It's dark down there. There must have been just this thin crust of dirt over the shaft. You think you can just see him on a set of stairs, writhing in pain. Which means he's still alive, at least. Up on the wall there are people scrambling to fetch some ladders.

What do you do?

Offline Yuu

  • Civilization Emperor
  • *****
  • Posts: 10050
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: Fantasy Adventure!
« Reply #17 on: June 05, 2011, 06:11:08 pm »
Drag him outta there, stat!

Makes you look good in front of everyone while also making Berty body indebted to you.

Offline Cyst

  • Space Harrier
  • *****
  • Posts: 4092
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Adventure!
« Reply #18 on: June 05, 2011, 10:24:21 pm »
Burn everything.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Haseri

  • Lode Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2215
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Adventure!
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2011, 05:53:19 am »
There's no way you can drag him out - he's too far out of reach. But you try beating away at the dirt. Most of it just crumbles away as you follow the stairs around. Eventually you come to a part that doesn't look like too deadly a drop. So you do.

It hurt a lot more than you expected. You hear a few ribs crack, but the adrenaline your body is producing allows you ignore it. However, an error occurs when you attempt to roll over, misjudging the width of the step. Thankfully, these are cobblestone steps, so you grab one before you fall to your doom. A few arrows slide out of your quiver, never to be seen again, but they can be replaced. You finally manage to haul yourself up.

Trudging warily, using the light from the broken crust to find you way to your fallen friend. You come across his prone body. Now you could wait, but you here monsters in the darkness below. Skellies and zombies would probably burst into flames, but spiders could be a huge problem. He's alive, but who knows what moving him could do.

What do you do?

Offline Yuu

  • Civilization Emperor
  • *****
  • Posts: 10050
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: Fantasy Adventure!
« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2011, 06:55:37 am »
Carefully check if his neck is intact.

If his neck is broken, get those bones out and rip open your sack (get your mind out of the gutter! This is not that kind of sack) then use them as a makeshift contiguous head-neck-chest splint/collar. Afterwards, drag him out of there, making sure that he's as prone as possible throughout all of this as to not disturb his neck. The pain and risk of paralysis would suck for Bert, but it beats getting left behind and eaten by horrible monsters, so tell him to serious the crap up if he ever complains about it.

Otherwise, haul him outta there using a fireman's carry.

Offline Cyst

  • Space Harrier
  • *****
  • Posts: 4092
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Adventure!
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2011, 10:26:49 am »
Shoot fire down the pit and then levitate. Then wake up from this dream and eat a bowl of cereal.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Haseri

  • Lode Runner
  • *****
  • Posts: 2215
    • View Profile
Re: Fantasy Adventure!
« Reply #22 on: June 08, 2011, 04:25:40 am »
You reach Bert. He's groaning - good. He's still alive. "Bert, you OK?"

He gives you a look. He manages to croak "Yeah. I think it's just my limbs broken."

"OK, I'm going to lift you over my shoulder. Get ready." There's a yell and some swearing. "Really sorry, mate."

As you climb the stairs, dirt drops down into the shaft below. Pillars of flame shoot up as sunlight hits the undead. Faces appear over the lip of the hole. Two women come down with a stretcher. After you carefully place Bert on the stretcher, some body passes you some water. The Captain appears as torches are being placed on the wall. "Good job Alellex. Warderss should be fine, eventually. Plus, this is a good find. Take the rest of the day off. Though I may have a job for you tomorrow."

What do you do?

Offline Yuu

  • Civilization Emperor
  • *****
  • Posts: 10050
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: Fantasy Adventure!
« Reply #23 on: June 08, 2011, 05:20:03 am »
Take the rest of the day off.

We're most likely gonna need it.

Oh, and get ready to suit up. Chances are we're gonna be sent down there tomorrow.