Author Topic: Canceled too soon!  (Read 58246 times)

Offline Leng

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • !?!?
    • View Profile
Re: Canceled too soon!
« Reply #60 on: March 17, 2006, 08:02:08 pm »
i think the deal was that they appealed to US military types/wannabes and other patriots as their core audience... and then they started all this creepy Evil Government stuff and turned them off.

the Battlestar Galactica remake, on the other hand, started with self-reflection from the get-go.
I have been told
not by one but two of my lovers
that I've got a heart of gold
but I'm unable to share it with others
They call me a poet who'll never have a poem
a tiger with no taste for bone
I'm the wonderful wonderful wizard who's waltzing alone

Offline Gameses the 1st

• Akalabeth Addict
  • GUNDAMS RULLLLLLLLLLE, also Modaraters scare me
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 18, 2006, 01:17:47 pm »
3 shows, 1.Samurai Pizza Cats2.Monkey Magic3.Digimon, I mean I baerly remeber the first two cause they only showed 10 episodes of each of them and after The 2nd season Digimon got a movie and went on for two more seasons and that was it so yah only those 3
GUNDAMSGUNDAMSGUNDAMSGUNDAMS

Offline sgore

• Questron Serf
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 18, 2006, 02:28:58 pm »
actually they're making a new season of digimon if you look earlier the thread. but anyway:

Golden Palace. Basicly Take the golden girls, minus dorathy, and make them hotel owners. That's actually the premise of the show. It was the unoffical last season of the show. Of course it wasn't the same without Arthur.
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Gameses the 1st

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 18, 2006, 05:04:53 pm »
Really wow, but whats the storyline ??? :D ??? :D

Offline sgore

• Questron Serf
  • Actually, Jeopardy is my second favorite game show
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 18, 2006, 08:21:31 pm »
I'll PM you, I don't want this thread going too off topic...
What meme is relevant right now? Look, just imagine I'm riffing on that. Updating signatures is exhausting.

Sam:The Ploofy Master

Offline Gameses the 1st

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 19, 2006, 11:14:23 am »
I also miss Mega Man, that was a great show

Offline WinterSnowblind

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Exitus Acta Probat
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 20, 2006, 02:16:25 am »
Actually fox is in talks to bring futurama back.

Also an Addition to the list(should I actually put in a list?): Early Edition. http://www.tv.com/early-edition/show/263/summary.html
 Yes it fits out of my designated peramiters, (running for about 4 seasons) but still, This was a really good show that didn't get the desirved attention it should have. It was about a guy in Chicago who got tommorows newspaper a day early. He went around trying to stop all the bad things in the Paper from happening. A very intresting premise into a really good series. It airs in reruns on Pax at the moment. Orignally on CBS.

They're doing four movies, and then a 5th series.  But it probably won't be for a while.
Great news though, Futurama is one of the best shows ever, a lot funnier than the Simpsons.  I can't understand why it was cancelled in the first place.

Offline Amayirot Akago

• Phoenix Fighter
  • RAARGH!! Gorulk SMASH!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 28, 2006, 03:41:22 am »
Firefly. Best Sci-Fi show since Star Trek, and it was cancelled after a mere 15 episodes, with several never even aired. We still got Serenity out of the whole deal though.

Also, Star Trek Enterprise. Sure, may not have been the best Trek ever, but it surely deserved better.

Anime lover, gamer, and dreamer

Offline Gameses the 1st

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 29, 2006, 07:12:05 pm »
Another show would be monster rancher I mean they never showed the serise finale

Offline Pinstar

• Ultima Lord
  • Your friendly neighborhood Teralyte
    • View Profile
    • The Legacy Challenge
« Reply #69 on: March 30, 2006, 03:38:08 pm »
Mystery Science Theatre 3000!

Okay back to the world of the reasonable, I am surprised that the show lived for 10 years. I'm GLAD it did, but I still pine for more. The only thing that even remotely looks like it is "Cheap Seats", the Sklar brothers' palty attempt to MST old ESPN sports footage. They fail miserably, though there IS one show, where a segment of the show is actually MST3Ked by the old cast OF mst3k, or at least people who sound like them. (not the sports footage itself, the Sklar brothers).

Anyway, enough of my MST3K rant. What were we talking about again?  ;D
Creator of the Legacy Challenge

Visit my spore page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Pinstar
Ratings and comments on all my creatures are always welcome!

Visit my Minicity
http://pinstar.myminicity.com

Offline TheShark

• Kaboom Boomer!
  • It was either that or a rattle-snake bite...
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: April 19, 2006, 09:43:24 am »
Another show would be monster rancher I mean they never showed the serise finale

I would agree. I play the games all the time, and I was extremely excited for the show. It was pretty good too, but they did cut out at a most inconvieniant moment.

Wow, this makes me realize how long it's been since I was an active user here.

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: April 19, 2006, 12:10:16 pm »
Ruruoni Kenshin

To be fair, Toothy, Kenshin should have been cancelled or at the very least put on indefinite hiatus. The reason it was cancelled originally in Japan was because the anime had caught up to the manga, so the 3rd season was based on just the animators' ideas -- and they were terrible by contrast.

As for Naruto: That show is never ending. Ever. Masashi Kishimoto, the creator of Naruto, has said that he has no clear idea as to how long Naruto is going to be but he will likely continue the manga for several more years at the very least. The anime is not really catching up with the manga because Kishimoto is inhumanly fast and produces something on the level of 10 pages per week. So there will be more for the anime to show for the foreseeable future.

Offline Behumat

• Joust Warrior
  • Coruscant committee to fight urban sprawl
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 20, 2006, 09:59:41 am »
Juuni Kokki (12 kingdoms)
 I heard they stopped making them because the author hasn't put out a new book in years, so they don't really know where to go from here.
Also, I'm not sure I could keep watching Kenshin, now that I've seen the last movie. :(

Offline Damned_Zombie

• Cobra Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 20, 2006, 10:17:38 am »
Kenshin? You mean Ruroni (sp?) Kenshin? I loved that show! Definately canceled too soon.

...and they made a movie??

Offline PHI-1618

• Star Wars Padawan
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 20, 2006, 10:34:46 am »
Kenshin goes in this order chronologically:

Samurai X: Trust & Betrayal

Rurouni Kenshin: The TV Series

Rurouni Kenshin: The Movie [which sucked]

Samurai X: Reflections [which didn't]

The Samurai X shows feature a very different style of animation and are noticeably darker than the core series. Reflections is the final Kenshin storyline.

And yes, 12 Kingdoms (the anime) moved too fast for its own good and caught up with the author and is no longer in production because of it. The same, I believe, is happening to Crest of the Stars.