Author Topic: Terraria, a 2-d Minecraft-inspired RPG  (Read 23741 times)

Offline Summoner

• Dig Dug Digger
  • I wont stab you... or will i?
    • View Profile
    • Summoners Deviant Art Page
Re: Terraria, a 2-d Minecraft-inspired RPG
« Reply #105 on: May 19, 2011, 02:22:18 am »
You dont need Hamatchi! Just Portforward it! I just played on GTs Portforwarded server a member was hosting. Also I been playing and got  shadow armor, all shadow weapons,StarFury(Rare item found in Floating Isles),and a grapling hook...

Offline MetallicDragon

• Bungeling Bay Raider
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: May 19, 2011, 01:12:08 pm »
You dont need Hamatchi! Just Portforward it! I just played on GTs Portforwarded server a member was hosting. Also I been playing and got  shadow armor, all shadow weapons,StarFury(Rare item found in Floating Isles),and a grapling hook...

Me and my friend were unable to host when just using port forwarding, but I was able to host when using Hamachi. I couldn't even join my own game when just using port forwarding.

Offline Krakow Sam

• The Nameless One
  • Halloween sux.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: May 19, 2011, 01:25:20 pm »
Server is back up for awhile if anybody is interested.

EDIT: Seems slow today. Not sure what that's about. Played with Sam and Tesla a little bit though. Managed to score some meteorite (oh my god that was maddeningly frustrating asdglasdgh).
I'll take the server back down for now though. If you want some multiplayer, I recommend heading to the fan forum and locating a server. You'll likely be able to meet more people that way.

You are right about the meteor. I mined one myself in singleplayer today that was UNDERWATER.

I think frustration free meteor mining is a two or three man job. One to mine the rock and the rest to fight off the GOD DAMN METEORHEADS ARGLBARGL.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: May 19, 2011, 02:14:03 pm »
The Obsidian skull is a must, as it keeps you from taking damage from the blocks.  And as long as you face the heads as you're mining the constant swinging should knock them back.  I died a ton trying to mine it without the skull.  As soon as I got it, mining was a sinch. 

Dynamite works well too, but I think you lose some precious blocks.

Offline Krakow Sam

• The Nameless One
  • Halloween sux.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 19, 2011, 06:16:14 pm »
Yeah, I had the skull for ages luckily. As for the dynamite, it would hev been super awkward since the meteor helpfully landed in water and sand, meaning blowing it up would have caused a mess of deadly cascading sand blocks and drowning.

Offline Uroboros

• SunDog Pilot
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 19, 2011, 07:32:22 pm »
So, just how is Terraria at the moment? It was released early due to the leaks, so i'm trying to avoid buying it until any potential bugs are smoothed out... but... ITS AVAILABLE DAMNIT. Is there anything particularly annoying/buggish at the moment? I mean, besides the frustrations of hosting?

Offline Gauphastus

• Mach Rider
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastus Land
« Reply #111 on: May 19, 2011, 07:52:38 pm »
Nah, not a lot of bugs. One I noticed was with disappearing doors, but that's about it.

Just waiting on proper Steam integration I guess (server lists and stuff), and updates so we don't need to use friggin Hamachi.
I'm low on players but I can't simply leave Hamachi open for all because the dumb thing will let people take up one of ten slots and then not remove them when they power off. Gotta manually evict people all the time.
It was a pain in the ass with Infiniminer, so I don't wanna be dealing with that all the time again.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: May 19, 2011, 09:31:55 pm »
I thought the disappearing door was because a Zombie broke it down during a blood moon...

Offline RiseWhirled

• Dragon Warrior Slime
  • yep
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 19, 2011, 09:33:24 pm »
Zombies open doors during a blood moon, not destroy them.

Offline Gauphastus

• Mach Rider
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastus Land
« Reply #114 on: May 19, 2011, 10:06:46 pm »
Whoo, finally solved the Hamachi issue. By disabling all of the other connections (ethernet port #2 and Hamachi) and only leaving my main connection available, Terraria cooperates properly. I can now host without anyone needing to piss about with Hamachi.

I will have a password on the game server itself. For the people who knew what it was for the Hamachi server, it's exactly the same.

Anyone else that wants in can shoot me a message on Steam or PM me on the forum here. It's still not 24/7 but I'll try to have it up for a good chunk of the daytime.
Starting a fresh large-sized map, new characters only.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2011, 10:51:46 pm by Gauphastus »
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Spooky Tesla

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 20, 2011, 01:41:40 pm »
I had money in the piggybank in the old map. @_@
Look, just leave me alone.

Offline Gauphastus

• Mach Rider
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastus Land
« Reply #116 on: May 20, 2011, 02:29:45 pm »
It's okay. The old maps are gone so you don't have to worry about them any more.

Ha ha ha.

But no, they're still in the list there. I frequently switch maps depending on who is playing. I just thought it'd be nice to get a large group together on an even level for a bit to build and explore together.
Besides, if you were to place a piggy bank on our new map and load your previous character, you could grab his money out of it anyway. Pretty cool.

EDIT: About the NEW CHARACTERS ONLY thing, we're just now getting into a small amount of demonite gear.
Just letting you know what level we're at. If you wanna start a new map with new characters, you'll have to wait for another round. Please let me know if you're interested at all though.
Despite how many people apparently have the game, there is a surprising lack of interest being communicated regarding these multiplayer sessions.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 01:41:39 am by Gauphastus »
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Krakow Sam

• The Nameless One
  • Halloween sux.
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 21, 2011, 07:11:53 am »
Weeeelll, I think telling people to make new characters is part of the lack of interest. This game is so heavily geared toward finding your awesome gear and so forth, I don't think people are that keen to go back to being squishy people without giant maces just yet.

Offline Spooky Tesla

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 21, 2011, 07:28:46 am »
Yup. My character isn't that powerful, but enough that I'm not interested. Sorry :P
Look, just leave me alone.

Offline Gauphastus

• Mach Rider
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastus Land
« Reply #119 on: May 21, 2011, 02:19:35 pm »
Well, even before the latest session this was kind of a weird problem. I had assumed it had to do with people not wanting to deal with Hamachi but now I don't know.

Anyway, I'm gonna bring the server back up I suppose. Anyone at around Shadow Armor (demonite stuff) or below is fine to enter.
I know a few of our guys do like the restriction so please respect it for now.

Apologies to Pixxel and Lippy for the nagging they got last night during the Eater of Worlds fight.

And Rysworld, next time drop the demonite (and other mats) before you leave. I thought it was pretty clear that I intended to use it.
       ~Ricky Wangstrom