Author Topic: The Witcher  (Read 21286 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Companion Cube
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • Google
Re: The Witcher
« Reply #150 on: May 19, 2015, 05:42:52 am »
I feel like CDPR are starting to do a lot of the things that will eventually start to cause problems.

Am not sure anymore. Glad I didn't pre-order.

Online eropS

• Tetris Tumbler
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: May 19, 2015, 06:27:14 am »
I'm sure the game is still great but yeah I'm also sitting on my hands with this because seriously 2/2 games had a second edition that was better that I totally missed because I already played the lesser game
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline PatMan33

• Companion Cube
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #152 on: May 19, 2015, 06:59:47 am »
Witcher 3 Enhanced Edition

Only zł4.99!

Offline Krakow Sam

• Manhunter
  • Halloween sux.
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: May 19, 2015, 10:56:21 am »
The Hitcher is my favourite video game character.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rHU7iYSY4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z5rHU7iYSY4</a>
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Companion Cube
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #154 on: May 19, 2015, 03:04:08 pm »

Sam stop, you're on fire today!

Offline Krakow Sam

• Manhunter
  • Halloween sux.
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: May 20, 2015, 10:59:03 am »
Thanks man.

Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline PatMan33

• Companion Cube
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #156 on: May 26, 2015, 06:32:46 am »
This game.

I'm playing it.

Offline PatMan33

• Companion Cube
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #157 on: July 04, 2015, 08:47:55 am »
So.

I loved Witcher 1. I really liked Witcher 2.

And I guess continuing the trend of liking these games less over time, I enjoy Witcher 3. But damn, I can't get into Witcher 3. It feels bleh. Like, I don't know, it feels like it's doing what it thinks it has to do. There's nothing hooking me there. Whatever grabbed me about the first games is gone from this one. Something is missing. Anyone else having this problem? I see a beautiful game world, lots of dialog, cool places to visit, tons of things to do... and... so the **** what? I don't care. This game doesn't feel like the other two and while it's clearly a very good game, it's not a game I feel like I have to play.

What the heck is going on with Witcher 3? Why don't I like it as much as the other two? I haven't even played it in like, two weeks! Would rather play XCOM or Chrono Trigger or something. :\

Online eropS

• Tetris Tumbler
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: July 04, 2015, 11:13:10 am »
I'm waiting on this one but that's too bad to read you feel that way. Steve seemed to really enjoy it so I took that to mean good things, maybe you're being a hipster haha
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline PatMan33

• Companion Cube
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • Google
« Reply #159 on: July 04, 2015, 05:41:31 pm »
It's a great game and deserves all the praise it gets for its design and mechanics.

I'm just not having a ton of fun and don't feel like playing it when I have other games I'd rather play. Honestly I think it was the way the game started that annoyed me. Mondo spoilers?

The **** did Yennefer come from all of a sudden? I played the first game more than five times through and the second game three times. I could have sworn the whole reason I was on this damn quest was to find her, and then there she is right at the start of the game. Oh... okay. So now we're not looking for Yennefer, we're looking for Ciri now. Uh... okay. Who the **** is Ciri? Where in the actual hell did this character come from? I think I remember her being mentioned once. And certainly not in this context.

I started off with questions and confusion and it kinda messed up the experience for me because I still don't know what I'm doing. Thought I knew what I was doing, but then they apparently solved that problem off-screen and now here's something new. Why did I bother playing the first two then? :|||||||||||