Author Topic: The art-related-technical-issues thread  (Read 2792 times)

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
The art-related-technical-issues thread
« on: April 20, 2011, 04:21:40 am »
So this thread is basically a question-and-answer thread for all art related technical issues, like tablets and photoshop. (Mods might want to pin it. :3)

Of course I didn't make it because I'm such an altruistic person, but because I have a problem with my tablet.

I am using an A4 Odys graphic board (does anyone even know them?) and ever since I changed my OS to Windows 7, the tablet driver refuses to work. I even asked the support but they gave me an "updated" version of the driver, which didn't work either. Did anyone have similar problems with their own tablets, or even just any tips and tricks.

There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
Re: The art-related-technical-issues thread
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2011, 01:31:15 pm »
Touching up scanned pictures.

HOW DO I MATCH UP THE LINES WITHOUT A TABLET.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

gec05

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2011, 02:51:59 pm »
You tablet is a dumb brand.

Well in all seriousness, I have only worked with Wacom. And they are very dependable devices. If it's still not working, you need to contact them again. Whoever manufactured it should know their products better. And if still no solution, I suggest dumping it.

I know Wacoms are pricey, but they are more dependable and are regularly updated and don't need batteries. If not, just wait until your tablet gets yet another updated driver.

Also, Octo, could you please specify the nature of your issue. Your inquiry makes me think you are just stupid.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2011, 02:54:03 pm by Eligecos »

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 12:17:17 pm »
Also, Octo, could you please specify the nature of your issue. Your inquiry makes me think you are just stupid.

Well, this may just be me, but whenever I scan a picture, then try to edit it in GIMP, I have to go over the lines because they're not dark enough. I always end up messing up most of the details with the mouse. Maybe my hand's just unsteady, but this issue's been getting on my nerves.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 12:21:01 pm »

Well, this may just be me, but whenever I scan a picture, then try to edit it in GIMP, I have to go over the lines because they're not dark enough. I always end up messing up most of the details with the mouse. Maybe my hand's just unsteady, but this issue's been getting on my nerves.
When I scan pencil-drawn images and they come out too light, I just mess around with the Brightness and Contrast settings in Paint.net. GIMP will probably have something similar, that could do the trick.

Offline Putspooza

• Mr. Do! Disciple
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 01:51:42 pm »
Does gimp have a vector tool?

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: April 22, 2011, 01:26:51 pm »

When I scan pencil-drawn images and they come out too light, I just mess around with the Brightness and Contrast settings in Paint.net. GIMP will probably have something similar, that could do the trick.
Ah, OK, thanks. My default Brightness/Contrast doesn't do the trick, either, and I didn't think of that.