Poll

What do we do?

Go to the captain, tell him the whole story!
1 (14.3%)
Go to the captain, but leave out being infected yourself.
5 (71.4%)
Attempt to handle the issue on your own.
1 (14.3%)

Total Members Voted: 7

Author Topic: Parasite  (Read 2012 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline GroxGlitch

  • Gyruss Gyrusian
  • *****
  • Posts: 2718
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
Parasite
« on: April 04, 2011, 06:47:46 pm »
From your crevice above a coolant pipe, you very clearly see a potential host. You could go about that several ways, but either way, you need a host, or you're going to die very soon.  You leap off your perch, hitting him in the head and knocking him out. Now, do you take complete control or attempt to talk him into accepting it? Both options have their advantages and disadvantages...



Offline Yuu

  • Civilization Emperor
  • *****
  • Posts: 10050
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: Parasite
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 07:57:13 pm »
Two minds are better than one, as they say.

Offline Flamester_

  • Gyruss Gyrusian
  • *****
  • Posts: 2732
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Parasite
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2011, 02:46:22 pm »
Just take him over, worry about minds later.
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline GroxGlitch

  • Gyruss Gyrusian
  • *****
  • Posts: 2718
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
Re: Parasite
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2011, 03:26:24 pm »
Ok, sense we're tied and I'm about to update, we'll do both, but sense Complete Control had the majority for longer, that'll be first.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When you open your eyes, you're on the ground, and your head is throbbing.
"Probably shouldn't have hit him so hard." You think to yourself. When you stand up, you first notice that you're much taller. You look at the floor, picking up the plates of exoskeleton you dumped to fit down this guy's throat and stuff them behind a few crates. The guy's consciousness will be out for a few more hours, giving you complete sway over the body for now. What do you do?

Offline Flamester_

  • Gyruss Gyrusian
  • *****
  • Posts: 2732
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Parasite
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2011, 04:38:47 pm »
Everythings fine, get back to work.
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline GroxGlitch

  • Gyruss Gyrusian
  • *****
  • Posts: 2718
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
Re: Parasite
« Reply #5 on: April 07, 2011, 06:22:13 pm »
You walk over to the console, finishing what he started. Your knowledge of this particular console, after watching it for so long, coupled with your unhindered access to your host's brain, make this job rather quick. Once finished, you think for a second. What was this guy supposed to do after finishing this? Post probing his brain, you proceed to the dispersing hub.
"I finished the touch-up on Engine 5, sir." You inform the officer.
"Good work, Nathan. You're done for now, see you next shift." The officer says. Apparently your host's name is Nathan. You berate yourself for not taking the 5 seconds it would have taken to figure that out. As you walk away, your host's consciousness re-awakens.
"What the-" He thinks.
"Ah...hello there, Nathan."
"What the hell?"
"I'm a Grovosi. I got stuck on your ship when you left Grovos. I had to infect you, I was almost dead. May I stay? I'm not...y'know, homicidal or anything, though that is the stereotype you humans have of most neural parasites."
"Can you at least tell me why the hell you knocked me out?"
"Oh, my friend, trust me. It's a very uncomfortable experience to be infected while still conscious. Besides, I had no way of communicating in a way you could understand, our vocal cords cannot form proper words like yours."
"...Fine, you can stay. Anything I should be on the lookout for?"
"Yeah, your eyes'll change to the color red, I didn't stop to check what color they were beforehand. Don't ask why, I don't exactly know myself."
As you walk, a lady in a uniform similar to Nathan's approaches you.
"Hey Nathan! We still on for later?...wait, what happened to your eyes?" She asks.
What do you tell her!?!

Offline Flamester_

  • Gyruss Gyrusian
  • *****
  • Posts: 2732
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Parasite
« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2011, 08:31:25 pm »
Play dumb, we apparently wear contacts so act like there is a mix up.
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline Yuu

  • Civilization Emperor
  • *****
  • Posts: 10050
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: Parasite
« Reply #7 on: April 08, 2011, 06:23:02 am »
Ditto.



-snip-

I c wat u did thar!  >:3

Offline GroxGlitch

  • Gyruss Gyrusian
  • *****
  • Posts: 2718
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
Re: Parasite
« Reply #8 on: April 08, 2011, 04:03:43 pm »
I was unaware I did anything......thar.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Oh, hey Cathrine! Yeah, those morons at LensTech effed up my contacts. I ordered Brown, and for some reason got Red. I've never even seen a human with red eyes!" Nathan said.
"Yeah, I know how it is." The woman, Cathrine, said. "One time my cousin ordered Light Blue from them, got Black. That's pretty much the complete opposite of what she ordered. Those computer-controlled ordering systems of theirs are in serious need of repair." She said.
"But yeah," Nathan smiled. "We're still on for later, provided some last-minute work doesn't interrupt. See ya." Nathan said, as Cathrine began to walk the opposite direction.
"My tentative girlfriend. We planned a date for later this evening, shipboard time. If you could, please don't screw this over for me." Nathan thought, with a touch of sarcasm on the end.
"Ha. Like I'd really risk getting tossed out and dying. NOT. LIKELY." Nathan entered a sliding door, into what appeared to be his quarters on the ship.
"I'd like to explain a few informative bits, to prevent an issue later. See the jacket and pants? They're color-coded for what job you do on the ship, they're uniform while on duty. Red is engine section. Blue is hydroponics and that sort of thing. White is Bridge crew. Green is cafeteria, and Black is janitorial. This ship is a freighter, so we'll be stopping off on several planets. One of the frequent planets is yours, Grovos."" An announcement blurted out over the PA system:
"ALL RED-LEVEL PERSONNEL TO STORAGE BAY 8"
"****!"
"What?"
The other two red-level guys are in the sick bay with the Flu, which means I have to sort this mess out. Probably some moron unable to figure out which side of the fuel cell goes in first."Nathan thought sarcastically. Nathan walked to the main elevator, and after the door opened, pressed the STORAGE LEVEL button. Once it went down and the door opened, he walked through the corridor until he came to the door labeled 8. Something struck him wrong the instant he went in; it was dark.
"Oh, a shame. There's only one of you. Oh well." Came a voice from somewhere in the dark. The blast door shut behind Nathan.
"What the hell!?!" Nathan spun 180 degrees, looking at the door, then back out forward, where another person stood.
"What's going on here?" Nathan demanded. Rather than answering, the figure lunged forward, pinning Nathan to the ground. From it's open mouth sprouted a trio of tentacles attempting to wedge open Nathan's mouth. Nathan, at the same time, got a weird feeling in his throat, like something coiled was sitting there. When it finally pried his mouth open, a long tentacle shot from his mouth, knocking the figure off him like the strike from a whip. It retracted back down his throat.
"Agh, what the hell?" Nathan stumbled, getting up.
"Tentacle. I was able to spawn it. I'm guessing the situation sped up the process. Told you that stuff was weird-feeling. You say. The figure stands back up as well.
"Ah, I see you've been infected by one of us as well. A shame, the one in you isn't taking advantage of his power." The figure said, casting back into the shadows. The blast door unlocked, and Nathan ran through it. It re-sealed once he was through. Nathan collapsed on the wall.
"So...you can mutate that kind of stuff?"
"Yeah. I can re-absorb it once it's no longer needed, meaning it's temporary. I can't mutate you yet, I haven't been connected to your nervous system long enough, we're not synced."
"Ok...good to know...sorta. Anyway, we need to do something."[.i]
What do we do?

Offline Yuu

  • Civilization Emperor
  • *****
  • Posts: 10050
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: Parasite
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2011, 12:41:03 am »
Woah, there's more of 'em?!

Call the captain, stat.

Leave out you being infected yourself, though.

Wouldn't want to get thrown out of the airlock, now do we?



"Ah...hello there, Nathan."

: D