Author Topic: Versefleet Academy  (Read 3737 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Flamester_

  • Gyruss Gyrusian
  • *****
  • Posts: 2732
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 04:41:38 pm »
Fortress, Offense, Melee.
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline Yuu

  • Civilization Emperor
  • *****
  • Posts: 10050
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 05:24:50 pm »
"Cover me!", your ally leaps into the air, brandishing his lance against one of the aerial drones while evading the ensuing cloud of intense enemy fire. Rising from the resulting explosion, he soon zooms towards another target just as a row of high-speed missiles zips through his rainbow-tinted trail.

Noticing another identical salvo heading towards you, you quickly take to the sky as you charge head-on through the swarm of self-propelled projectiles. You spiral through the core of the attack, avoiding direct contact with the weapons until the very last moment, where you launching yourself further into the air by stepping on the last missile.

You then find yourself hurtling towards the army of enemy drones enveloping the massive fortress. From the edge of your sights, you can just see your companion using the drones as stepping stones towards the primary oppoenent.

Knowing what you have to do, you dive into the sprawling enemy presence, garnering the attention of everything within firing arc of you. You continue to slice your way through the resulting storm of twisted flame and shrapnel while dodging an endless barrage of bullets, missiles, and other assorted weapons fire.

The fruit of your efforts finally become visible as you notice a majority of the enemies' firepower are coming towards your way, and not to your ally whose currently ascending towards the enemy fort.

Wanting to close the distance between you and your companion, you hijack one of the incoming missiles coming towards your side and rides it to reach the same elevation as your partner, all the while circling the perimeter of the swarm to gather as much attention as possible.





"Gotcha!", you hear your ally taunt the giant fortress as he strikes the opponent with his charged-up spear, causing a massive explosion which propels you, the nearby drones, and himself, quite a distance away from the enemy fort's location.

It was then that you first hear the tumultuous crackling in the air as the enemy finally activated what seemed to be a super-powered laser.

The two of you quickly hack your way back to the massive adversary as you hear another thunderous blast coming from the trail left by the aforementioned weapon.

It soon sets its sights towards you.



Select
[1]Hit it before it hits you!
[2]Use evasive maneuvers!

Offline Flamester_

  • Gyruss Gyrusian
  • *****
  • Posts: 2732
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2011, 11:28:54 pm »
1!
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

  • Starcross Space Cadet
  • *****
  • Posts: 1976
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2011, 02:35:58 pm »
Begin evasive maneuvers, quickly!
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Yuu

  • Civilization Emperor
  • *****
  • Posts: 10050
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2011, 02:18:36 am »
Realizing you wouldn't be able to outrun the beam itself, you attempt to outmaneuver the turret itself as you dive towards the weapon, charged blade in hand.

Moments before impact, you feel a very powerful shock plunge straight into your right arm before traversing your body and causing a cascade of pain which dislodges your tight grip on your weapon. Your body slams straight onto the thick metallic plating, the sensation slightly muddled by the recent bout of electricity and the deafening noise of the super-powered laser.



The actinic after-effects of the beam caught you mid-dive, delivering you face first onto the expansive deck.



Gathering yourself from your prone and vulnerable position, you quickly become aware of your rather unsavory predicament as countless point defenses turn themselves towards you. Reflexively, you feel the cold metallic floor for your previously disarmed weapon.



You cannot find it.



The defenses are about to dispose of you.





"Look out!", you hear your companion call, several bolts of intense prismatic light pelt the massive fortress' outer shell.

You nod at him briefly before returning to your search.

Looking across the deck, you see your sword embedded near the middle of the craft, right beside the laser installation itself.

"Take out the main cannon!", you hear him call as several powerful explosions rock the deafening background of automatic fire.





Sighing deeply, you then run across the deck, sprinting and dodging fire from all directions as you frantically make your way to the fallen weapon.



I can't believe I'm doing this!, you think to yourself, feeling the ground deform around you while a plethora of weapons pepper your immediate location.



Despite all odds, you manage to reach your weapon, pulling it out of the ground just before the laser fires once again.

Waiting for the actinic veil to falter, you charge your blade once more before finally charging for your prey.



Finally, the curtain of particles run dry, opening the powerful laser to a savage finishing strike.








At one fell swoop, the fortress' main weapon transforms into a miniature cloud of shrapnel and chunks of smoldering metal.



Soon after, you feel everything fall silent as a new series of sounds make an unpleasant introduction.

Likewise, a strong rumble begins to take over the entire vessel as you begin to feel a sudden decrease in altitude.



The fortress is falling.





"Scot!", your partner calls to you while standing on the edge of the vessel, waiting for you to approach him.

Beckoning him, you run like hell towards him, reaching him shortly afterward.



Hand-in-hand you leap from the sinking vessel and onto a pair of inactive aerial drones.

The two of you watch as the ship impacts the ground, sending a massive shockwave across the entire area.



As the smoke and dust finally clears from the surface, the two of you hop along the sea of drones on your way down to the surface.





"Whew!", your companion stretches out as he looks across the static army of assailants. "That was, slightly different than usual..."

... usual..., you thought to yourself. USUAL?!

"Right, Scot?", he adds while turning towards you.

Wait, we do stuff like this all the time?!, you express no slight amount of shock at what you just heard.

"Y'know, you were acting pretty strange back then...", your partner continues while placing his hand on your shoulder, an oblivious grin present on his face. "For a moment there, I thought you were some kind of...", he continues, putting his head closer to yours, his eyes and voice set on you with a cold-as-steel demeanor. "Spy."



"Nah, I'm just kidding!", he chuckles while patting you on the shoulder.



"Seriously, though, you don't seem kind of alright today...", his face suddenly changes to that of concern, his voice strongly reflecting the same type of emotion as he inquires further into your apparent condition.



You are unable to further respond, however, as you suddenly lose and your strength and completely black out.

The last thing you hear is your partner calling out your name as everything is consumed by an impenetrable wall of darkness.








You are awake...



Again.



Slowly, you gain control over your body as you dazily make out your surroundings.

While doing so, a light from above shones upon you faintly. It's actual nature clouded by your state of mind.

You eventually notice your form has been slowly descending. Deescending into the impervious abyss below...



Until...





You suddenly find yourself on a large circular pedestal, suspended on a thick cloud of illuminated dust which stretches endlessly across all directions.

The sky above you, a silent, pitch black void sprinkled with pointed lights.



Suddenly, a series of familiar faces flashes in front of you in rapid succession.

Yet, as you try to recall their names, you find them impossibly hard to distinguish...



... let alone remember.





You return to the dark abyss.



Your feet land remarkably silent upon the solid, mist-covered floor.

Attracted by the mellow, unmistakenly alien, hue of glow emanating from beneath, you turn your sights downward as you pierce the soft veil and comprehend the surface below.



However...



You instinctively shut your eyes and turn your face away in absolute, yet vastly ignorant, terror.

You cannot remember, let alone comprehend, the very reason for which you avoid the imagery forged onto the stained glass below.



It simply is.



Slowly, everything fades from your sight as the darkness overcomes you once again.



Somewhere in the distance, you can hear a soft, lone voice...



Calling you...



Beseeching...








Do not...

... the deepest of darkness...

... will always be...


... let go...


... the darkest of nights...

Will be...





Scot...



Scot...



You hear a very familiar voice calling out your name.

It's the man from before.



You slowly open your eyes, a mellow light floods your senses as you slowly emerge from your slightly dazed form.



"Scot..."



You make out the direction from which the sound came from, to which you turn your head to while you gradually open your eyes.



"He's waking up."





As you slowly come to, a strange sensation runs across your mind.



A thought.



A name.



You can't remember it completely, driving you back to sleep whenever you try recall it.



Still, it seems to be on the tip of your tongue.



Select
[1]Try to remember.
[2]Forget it.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

  • Starcross Space Cadet
  • *****
  • Posts: 1976
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2011, 03:10:52 pm »
1, definitely.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Flamester_

  • Gyruss Gyrusian
  • *****
  • Posts: 2732
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2011, 09:36:05 pm »
1
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline sporelord

  • Omega Racer
  • *****
  • Posts: 1068
    • View Profile
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2011, 01:27:01 am »
1
Check out MindWorld a Psychological Sci-Fi FPS adventure indie title....It's pretty awesome :p http://www.indiedb.com/games/mindworld/images/mindworld-concept-art1