Author Topic: Versefleet Academy  (Read 3740 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Yuu

  • Civilization Emperor
  • *****
  • Posts: 10050
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Versefleet Academy
« on: April 04, 2011, 09:58:20 am »
You are awake.



Or at least you seem to be.

Conscious and somewhat coherent, yet unable to comprehend your senses save for a muddled field of light.

Slowly, the light gradually raises intensity, as an oddly familiar sound begins to fill your ears.





"WHAT IN THE WORLDS?!", the loud voice reverberates through your skull as you try to pull yourself together and get a feel of your surroundings.

A sudden flash of light finally rekindles your awareness and you find yourself standing in the middle of an urban crossroads.

Taking in more from your surroundings, you quickly realize the rather unusual lack of persons within your vicinity, as if everyone is trying to gain some distance from you.

Likewise, the odd presence of abandoned vehicles swiftly point out to a vastly unfavorable conclusion.



Which was then quickly supported by the blaring sound of military sirens.



Once again, you hear a voice, the same as from before, calling out to you from your back.

"COME ON!!", it calls to you in a positively aggravated tone.

Turning around to face the voice's origin, your eyes are, for a moment, caught in an intense glare as the Sun's rays catches you off-guard.

Adjusting your sights, you face the source of the callings.





A seemingly young man of light complexion and azure hair.

Suited in some sort of white and blue vestment, you notice a exceedingly faint and intangible aura emanating from his presence.

Looking back towards yourself, you quickly notice that you have an identical set of attire.



"WE DON'T HAVE MUCH TIME! LET'S GO!", you hear the young man call out to you, stretching out one of his hands and urging you to advance.



SELECT
[1]Okay...
[2]What?



Offline Plank of Wood

  • Final Fighter
  • *****
  • Posts: 8428
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 02:13:35 pm »
Declare that you are Scotty Kirkland and have no time for a petty Drill Instructor's commands.

OR

1
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Galactic-Warrior

  • Starcross Space Cadet
  • *****
  • Posts: 1976
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 06:52:07 pm »
Hey, that name is copy righted!

Ok, we're Scotty Kirkland and we're gunna run. 1.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Yuu

  • Civilization Emperor
  • *****
  • Posts: 10050
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 07:53:27 pm »
"Okay...", you cautiously reply.

For a moment, the young man's brow raised in what seemed to be an expression of slight befuddlement.

"If you say so...", he nodded back as he began to run towards the horizon.

You follow him.








The two of you bolt out of the next intersection and straight onto an array of relatively steep downhill roads, which is when you catch your first glimpse of the seaside in front of you and the cool breeze the usually accompanies its presence.

A faint thought passes through your mind, regarding just how high your recent leap into the air was.

But you don't have much time for that as it soon dawns upon you just how fast the two of you are running down the thoroughfare, clearly faster than what's possible for any regular person, or professional athlete for that matter.

Last time you checked, people didn't leave behind a trail of luminescent afterimages while running this fast. Especially ones that have all the colors of the rainbow, as your companion seems to be exhibiting for some as of yet unknown reason.



Something seems totally off about this, you think to yourself.





"Remember, Full Limiters!", he reminds you about something which you have absolutely no idea about at the moment. Fittingly, your only reply was...



"Wha-", you reflexively spat as you give him a confused.



He looks at you in kind before facing back to where he was going.

You likewise look back to the road as the two of you make a tight turn to the right.





Several rows of what seems to be heavily armed troops greet you and your companion as you exit the curve.

The imagery can be neatly summed up as a couple dozen men and a whole ton of gun-totting RC drones, with half a dozen armored personnel carriers spread around for good measure.



"Let's take them out.", your companion calls your attention as you express not a slight amount of shock.

He then charges ahead of you as he pulls what you presume to be some kind of lance-like weapon from seemingly out of nowhere.



You suddenly feel something weighing down on your clenched right hand.

As you look at it to investigate, you find that a similar object, this time with a more sword-like appearance, has materialized in the palm of your hand.



SELECT
[1]CHARGE!
[2]Run for cover and deal with this in a tactical manner.

SELECT
[1]Slice them with your sword!
[2]What does this thing actually do, anyway?

Offline Galactic-Warrior

  • Starcross Space Cadet
  • *****
  • Posts: 1976
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 08:06:11 pm »
Lets go! 1 2, 1 2, 1 2!
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Yuu

  • Civilization Emperor
  • *****
  • Posts: 10050
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 10:48:35 pm »
You charge straight into the wall of fire specially prepared for you by the armed forces.

Interestingly, you seem to be having little problem dodging what would be a literal death sentence to any normal person, evading the cloud of supersonic lead in such a way that it seems time itself is slowing down around you.

Above, you barely make out your companion as he transforms with great speed into a veritable bolt of multicolored death which sweeps through the attackers with the speed and precision of what can simply be described as a sentient laser beam.

Focusing on your own side of the battle, you wonder what exactly you yourself are capable of.

As if by reflex, an actinic stream consumes your entire weapon before it all converges into a single intensely radiant point. You wave your weapon against several incoming drones, at which point the concentrated energy at the tip of your blade unleashes itself upon your assailants, taking the form of several luminous spheres which hit their mark and disposes of them in brilliant displays of light.



You charge ahead.






Alternating between dodging the storm of bullets and bombarding your enemies from a distance, you finally storm through the enemy line, or at least what's left of it.

You reach the third intersection after just behind your companion, who then looks back briefly before calling out to you.



"Missiles at six o'clock!", he announces, just as the impressively fast projectiles were starting to catch up to you.



You notice similar forces from before, now with copious amounts of air support, approaching the two of you from behind, from the rooftops, from the alleyways, from everywhere basically.



"Ready?", he calls to you again, just before the missiles finally reach a meter of you.



Just then, the two craziest of ideas pop into your head as if by reflex.



SELECT
[1]Let's ride!
[2]Time to home in!

Offline Galactic-Warrior

  • Starcross Space Cadet
  • *****
  • Posts: 1976
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 11:13:07 pm »
. . .

Whats the difference between the two?
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Yuu

  • Civilization Emperor
  • *****
  • Posts: 10050
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 11:51:16 pm »
On involves riding something and other involves homing in to something.

Offline Flamester_

  • Gyruss Gyrusian
  • *****
  • Posts: 2732
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 02:45:05 pm »
Riding is good.
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

  • Starcross Space Cadet
  • *****
  • Posts: 1976
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 04:57:23 pm »
Alright them, lets ride!
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Yuu

  • Civilization Emperor
  • *****
  • Posts: 10050
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 04:24:40 am »
Ready...








With a confident smile you leap into the air, spiraling backwards as you successfully land on top of the zooming missile. Using your own force, you steer your ride upwards and into the vast swarm of enemies. Maneuvering, your craft barely avoids crashing into the field of floating obstacles that make up your armed assailants.

From your peripheral sight, you can make out your companion as he zips through like before, tearing through the thick metallic mist and somehow clearing the path for you and your impromptu vehicle.

Moments later, you finally break through the enemy line as you see your ally dive into the deep alleys below. Sensing the missile's limit, you dismount from the projectile as it soon explodes in a cacophonous sphere of light.








A slight reprieve from the mass of pursuers gives you an air of relief for but a fraction of a moment as you soon realize that you are plummeting towards the ground from quite an impressive elevation.

However, just as you think you were going to end up as paste, you reflexively put your blade ahead of your own self as a large gust of luminescent wind pushes against the ground, slowing your descent and propelling you forward before causing you somersault and land on your two feet.



"You alright?", your companion pats you in the back as he runs past you, prompting you to follow suit in your still slightly shaken form.





Sprinting through the shade, the two of you take out any enemies prowling along your path.

You quickly learn that you can also home into targets with your blade, just like your companion. That, and he can also discharge bolts of energy from his weapon in the form of varying colors of light.



It still puzzles you exactly what is going on, however.

Unfortunately, you just can't manage to bring the matter up with all the things that are incessantly trying to off you.


With an inaudible sigh, you continue your way downhill as you run past more groups of enemies.

As you manage to take down each of your opponents, you slowly get used to wielding your weapon, and for that matter your impossibly high physical aptitude.










"Almost there...", your companion tells you as the two of you vault across a wall and into a vast clearing.

Scanning the area, you notice an abundance of drapes, trucks, steel beams, and tractors.



"Whew!", your companion sighs in relief while looking towards the horizon. "I thought we wouldn't make it in time."

"Some sort of construction site?", your thoughts slip out of your mouth for a moment as you wonder why he led you down here, of all places. Upon hearing, he quickly responds by turning around and raising a brow, as if surprised by your seemingly innocent statement.



"You sure you're okay, Scot?", he asks you with a mix of befuddlement and concern. "You've been acting... awfully strange lately..."



SELECT
[1]Me, strange?
[2]WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE?!

Offline Galactic-Warrior

  • Starcross Space Cadet
  • *****
  • Posts: 1976
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 09:33:29 pm »
2, definitely 2.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Yuu

  • Civilization Emperor
  • *****
  • Posts: 10050
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 01:26:21 am »
Unable to contain the pressure, you finally snap and direct it at your companion.



"WHAT THE-"



However, before you can go any further, your sudden outburst is interrupted by a rather unexpected development.





"Watch out!", your companion tackles you as both of you barrel across the field and away from what you finally made out as some sort of explosion.

A very powerful, not to mention familiar, explosion, to be exact.

And from how things are panning, there was going to be more of it.





"Incoming!", your partner helps you up from the ground as the two of you dash across the area, frantically evading a dozen or so additional blasts.

Scouring the horizon, you make out several small figures, missiles to be exact, quickly zooming towards you, with your partner receiving quite the identical treatment.





As you emerge from the swirling dust after evading the additional salvo, you see your companion standing in the middle of the now slightly darker field, his head raised upwards and weapon at the ready.

Tracing his look, you raised your sights as well as you soon come to grips with what he was actually staring at.








All around, a maelstrom of dust and dirt begins to consume the area as the ground darkens even more from the looming presence above.



"Well, this is it.", your companion remarks as a massive craft, of similar design to your previous assailants, ominously hovers towards your current location.

A brief look at its exterior reveals its heavily armored nature.

Its skin covered all over in what could be made out as missile tubes, point defenses, gun ports, and various other forms of high-powered weaponry.



It is in no way less than a true flying fortress.





Soon, the area is flooded with a swarm of heavily armed reinforcements, both on and above ground.



Your companion looks back at you and briefly gives a nod before heading off to face the massive aerial adversary.



SELECT
[1]Focus on the enemy fortress.
[2]Focus on aerial targets.
[3]Focus on ground targets.

SELECT
[1]Fight offensively.
[2]Fight defensively.
[3]Fight balanced.

SELECT
[1]Melee.
[2]Shoot.

Offline Plank of Wood

  • Final Fighter
  • *****
  • Posts: 8428
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 07:47:11 am »
Flying enemies, offensively, melee.

:V
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Galactic-Warrior

  • Starcross Space Cadet
  • *****
  • Posts: 1976
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 08:06:27 am »
Flyers, offense, shooty shooty.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Flamester_

  • Gyruss Gyrusian
  • *****
  • Posts: 2732
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #15 on: April 07, 2011, 04:41:38 pm »
Fortress, Offense, Melee.
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline Yuu

  • Civilization Emperor
  • *****
  • Posts: 10050
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #16 on: April 08, 2011, 05:24:50 pm »
"Cover me!", your ally leaps into the air, brandishing his lance against one of the aerial drones while evading the ensuing cloud of intense enemy fire. Rising from the resulting explosion, he soon zooms towards another target just as a row of high-speed missiles zips through his rainbow-tinted trail.

Noticing another identical salvo heading towards you, you quickly take to the sky as you charge head-on through the swarm of self-propelled projectiles. You spiral through the core of the attack, avoiding direct contact with the weapons until the very last moment, where you launching yourself further into the air by stepping on the last missile.

You then find yourself hurtling towards the army of enemy drones enveloping the massive fortress. From the edge of your sights, you can just see your companion using the drones as stepping stones towards the primary oppoenent.

Knowing what you have to do, you dive into the sprawling enemy presence, garnering the attention of everything within firing arc of you. You continue to slice your way through the resulting storm of twisted flame and shrapnel while dodging an endless barrage of bullets, missiles, and other assorted weapons fire.

The fruit of your efforts finally become visible as you notice a majority of the enemies' firepower are coming towards your way, and not to your ally whose currently ascending towards the enemy fort.

Wanting to close the distance between you and your companion, you hijack one of the incoming missiles coming towards your side and rides it to reach the same elevation as your partner, all the while circling the perimeter of the swarm to gather as much attention as possible.





"Gotcha!", you hear your ally taunt the giant fortress as he strikes the opponent with his charged-up spear, causing a massive explosion which propels you, the nearby drones, and himself, quite a distance away from the enemy fort's location.

It was then that you first hear the tumultuous crackling in the air as the enemy finally activated what seemed to be a super-powered laser.

The two of you quickly hack your way back to the massive adversary as you hear another thunderous blast coming from the trail left by the aforementioned weapon.

It soon sets its sights towards you.



Select
[1]Hit it before it hits you!
[2]Use evasive maneuvers!

Offline Flamester_

  • Gyruss Gyrusian
  • *****
  • Posts: 2732
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #17 on: April 08, 2011, 11:28:54 pm »
1!
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

  • Starcross Space Cadet
  • *****
  • Posts: 1976
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #18 on: April 09, 2011, 02:35:58 pm »
Begin evasive maneuvers, quickly!
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Yuu

  • Civilization Emperor
  • *****
  • Posts: 10050
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2011, 02:18:36 am »
Realizing you wouldn't be able to outrun the beam itself, you attempt to outmaneuver the turret itself as you dive towards the weapon, charged blade in hand.

Moments before impact, you feel a very powerful shock plunge straight into your right arm before traversing your body and causing a cascade of pain which dislodges your tight grip on your weapon. Your body slams straight onto the thick metallic plating, the sensation slightly muddled by the recent bout of electricity and the deafening noise of the super-powered laser.



The actinic after-effects of the beam caught you mid-dive, delivering you face first onto the expansive deck.



Gathering yourself from your prone and vulnerable position, you quickly become aware of your rather unsavory predicament as countless point defenses turn themselves towards you. Reflexively, you feel the cold metallic floor for your previously disarmed weapon.



You cannot find it.



The defenses are about to dispose of you.





"Look out!", you hear your companion call, several bolts of intense prismatic light pelt the massive fortress' outer shell.

You nod at him briefly before returning to your search.

Looking across the deck, you see your sword embedded near the middle of the craft, right beside the laser installation itself.

"Take out the main cannon!", you hear him call as several powerful explosions rock the deafening background of automatic fire.





Sighing deeply, you then run across the deck, sprinting and dodging fire from all directions as you frantically make your way to the fallen weapon.



I can't believe I'm doing this!, you think to yourself, feeling the ground deform around you while a plethora of weapons pepper your immediate location.



Despite all odds, you manage to reach your weapon, pulling it out of the ground just before the laser fires once again.

Waiting for the actinic veil to falter, you charge your blade once more before finally charging for your prey.



Finally, the curtain of particles run dry, opening the powerful laser to a savage finishing strike.








At one fell swoop, the fortress' main weapon transforms into a miniature cloud of shrapnel and chunks of smoldering metal.



Soon after, you feel everything fall silent as a new series of sounds make an unpleasant introduction.

Likewise, a strong rumble begins to take over the entire vessel as you begin to feel a sudden decrease in altitude.



The fortress is falling.





"Scot!", your partner calls to you while standing on the edge of the vessel, waiting for you to approach him.

Beckoning him, you run like hell towards him, reaching him shortly afterward.



Hand-in-hand you leap from the sinking vessel and onto a pair of inactive aerial drones.

The two of you watch as the ship impacts the ground, sending a massive shockwave across the entire area.



As the smoke and dust finally clears from the surface, the two of you hop along the sea of drones on your way down to the surface.





"Whew!", your companion stretches out as he looks across the static army of assailants. "That was, slightly different than usual..."

... usual..., you thought to yourself. USUAL?!

"Right, Scot?", he adds while turning towards you.

Wait, we do stuff like this all the time?!, you express no slight amount of shock at what you just heard.

"Y'know, you were acting pretty strange back then...", your partner continues while placing his hand on your shoulder, an oblivious grin present on his face. "For a moment there, I thought you were some kind of...", he continues, putting his head closer to yours, his eyes and voice set on you with a cold-as-steel demeanor. "Spy."



"Nah, I'm just kidding!", he chuckles while patting you on the shoulder.



"Seriously, though, you don't seem kind of alright today...", his face suddenly changes to that of concern, his voice strongly reflecting the same type of emotion as he inquires further into your apparent condition.



You are unable to further respond, however, as you suddenly lose and your strength and completely black out.

The last thing you hear is your partner calling out your name as everything is consumed by an impenetrable wall of darkness.








You are awake...



Again.



Slowly, you gain control over your body as you dazily make out your surroundings.

While doing so, a light from above shones upon you faintly. It's actual nature clouded by your state of mind.

You eventually notice your form has been slowly descending. Deescending into the impervious abyss below...



Until...





You suddenly find yourself on a large circular pedestal, suspended on a thick cloud of illuminated dust which stretches endlessly across all directions.

The sky above you, a silent, pitch black void sprinkled with pointed lights.



Suddenly, a series of familiar faces flashes in front of you in rapid succession.

Yet, as you try to recall their names, you find them impossibly hard to distinguish...



... let alone remember.





You return to the dark abyss.



Your feet land remarkably silent upon the solid, mist-covered floor.

Attracted by the mellow, unmistakenly alien, hue of glow emanating from beneath, you turn your sights downward as you pierce the soft veil and comprehend the surface below.



However...



You instinctively shut your eyes and turn your face away in absolute, yet vastly ignorant, terror.

You cannot remember, let alone comprehend, the very reason for which you avoid the imagery forged onto the stained glass below.



It simply is.



Slowly, everything fades from your sight as the darkness overcomes you once again.



Somewhere in the distance, you can hear a soft, lone voice...



Calling you...



Beseeching...








Do not...

... the deepest of darkness...

... will always be...


... let go...


... the darkest of nights...

Will be...





Scot...



Scot...



You hear a very familiar voice calling out your name.

It's the man from before.



You slowly open your eyes, a mellow light floods your senses as you slowly emerge from your slightly dazed form.



"Scot..."



You make out the direction from which the sound came from, to which you turn your head to while you gradually open your eyes.



"He's waking up."





As you slowly come to, a strange sensation runs across your mind.



A thought.



A name.



You can't remember it completely, driving you back to sleep whenever you try recall it.



Still, it seems to be on the tip of your tongue.



Select
[1]Try to remember.
[2]Forget it.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

  • Starcross Space Cadet
  • *****
  • Posts: 1976
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #20 on: April 10, 2011, 03:10:52 pm »
1, definitely.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Flamester_

  • Gyruss Gyrusian
  • *****
  • Posts: 2732
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #21 on: April 10, 2011, 09:36:05 pm »
1
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline sporelord

  • Omega Racer
  • *****
  • Posts: 1068
    • View Profile
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2011, 01:27:01 am »
1
Check out MindWorld a Psychological Sci-Fi FPS adventure indie title....It's pretty awesome :p http://www.indiedb.com/games/mindworld/images/mindworld-concept-art1