Author Topic: Versefleet Academy  (Read 3738 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Yuu

  • Civilization Emperor
  • *****
  • Posts: 10050
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Versefleet Academy
« on: April 04, 2011, 09:58:20 am »
You are awake.



Or at least you seem to be.

Conscious and somewhat coherent, yet unable to comprehend your senses save for a muddled field of light.

Slowly, the light gradually raises intensity, as an oddly familiar sound begins to fill your ears.





"WHAT IN THE WORLDS?!", the loud voice reverberates through your skull as you try to pull yourself together and get a feel of your surroundings.

A sudden flash of light finally rekindles your awareness and you find yourself standing in the middle of an urban crossroads.

Taking in more from your surroundings, you quickly realize the rather unusual lack of persons within your vicinity, as if everyone is trying to gain some distance from you.

Likewise, the odd presence of abandoned vehicles swiftly point out to a vastly unfavorable conclusion.



Which was then quickly supported by the blaring sound of military sirens.



Once again, you hear a voice, the same as from before, calling out to you from your back.

"COME ON!!", it calls to you in a positively aggravated tone.

Turning around to face the voice's origin, your eyes are, for a moment, caught in an intense glare as the Sun's rays catches you off-guard.

Adjusting your sights, you face the source of the callings.





A seemingly young man of light complexion and azure hair.

Suited in some sort of white and blue vestment, you notice a exceedingly faint and intangible aura emanating from his presence.

Looking back towards yourself, you quickly notice that you have an identical set of attire.



"WE DON'T HAVE MUCH TIME! LET'S GO!", you hear the young man call out to you, stretching out one of his hands and urging you to advance.



SELECT
[1]Okay...
[2]What?



Offline Plank of Wood

  • Final Fighter
  • *****
  • Posts: 8428
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2011, 02:13:35 pm »
Declare that you are Scotty Kirkland and have no time for a petty Drill Instructor's commands.

OR

1
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Galactic-Warrior

  • Starcross Space Cadet
  • *****
  • Posts: 1976
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2011, 06:52:07 pm »
Hey, that name is copy righted!

Ok, we're Scotty Kirkland and we're gunna run. 1.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Yuu

  • Civilization Emperor
  • *****
  • Posts: 10050
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2011, 07:53:27 pm »
"Okay...", you cautiously reply.

For a moment, the young man's brow raised in what seemed to be an expression of slight befuddlement.

"If you say so...", he nodded back as he began to run towards the horizon.

You follow him.








The two of you bolt out of the next intersection and straight onto an array of relatively steep downhill roads, which is when you catch your first glimpse of the seaside in front of you and the cool breeze the usually accompanies its presence.

A faint thought passes through your mind, regarding just how high your recent leap into the air was.

But you don't have much time for that as it soon dawns upon you just how fast the two of you are running down the thoroughfare, clearly faster than what's possible for any regular person, or professional athlete for that matter.

Last time you checked, people didn't leave behind a trail of luminescent afterimages while running this fast. Especially ones that have all the colors of the rainbow, as your companion seems to be exhibiting for some as of yet unknown reason.



Something seems totally off about this, you think to yourself.





"Remember, Full Limiters!", he reminds you about something which you have absolutely no idea about at the moment. Fittingly, your only reply was...



"Wha-", you reflexively spat as you give him a confused.



He looks at you in kind before facing back to where he was going.

You likewise look back to the road as the two of you make a tight turn to the right.





Several rows of what seems to be heavily armed troops greet you and your companion as you exit the curve.

The imagery can be neatly summed up as a couple dozen men and a whole ton of gun-totting RC drones, with half a dozen armored personnel carriers spread around for good measure.



"Let's take them out.", your companion calls your attention as you express not a slight amount of shock.

He then charges ahead of you as he pulls what you presume to be some kind of lance-like weapon from seemingly out of nowhere.



You suddenly feel something weighing down on your clenched right hand.

As you look at it to investigate, you find that a similar object, this time with a more sword-like appearance, has materialized in the palm of your hand.



SELECT
[1]CHARGE!
[2]Run for cover and deal with this in a tactical manner.

SELECT
[1]Slice them with your sword!
[2]What does this thing actually do, anyway?

Offline Galactic-Warrior

  • Starcross Space Cadet
  • *****
  • Posts: 1976
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2011, 08:06:11 pm »
Lets go! 1 2, 1 2, 1 2!
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Yuu

  • Civilization Emperor
  • *****
  • Posts: 10050
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2011, 10:48:35 pm »
You charge straight into the wall of fire specially prepared for you by the armed forces.

Interestingly, you seem to be having little problem dodging what would be a literal death sentence to any normal person, evading the cloud of supersonic lead in such a way that it seems time itself is slowing down around you.

Above, you barely make out your companion as he transforms with great speed into a veritable bolt of multicolored death which sweeps through the attackers with the speed and precision of what can simply be described as a sentient laser beam.

Focusing on your own side of the battle, you wonder what exactly you yourself are capable of.

As if by reflex, an actinic stream consumes your entire weapon before it all converges into a single intensely radiant point. You wave your weapon against several incoming drones, at which point the concentrated energy at the tip of your blade unleashes itself upon your assailants, taking the form of several luminous spheres which hit their mark and disposes of them in brilliant displays of light.



You charge ahead.






Alternating between dodging the storm of bullets and bombarding your enemies from a distance, you finally storm through the enemy line, or at least what's left of it.

You reach the third intersection after just behind your companion, who then looks back briefly before calling out to you.



"Missiles at six o'clock!", he announces, just as the impressively fast projectiles were starting to catch up to you.



You notice similar forces from before, now with copious amounts of air support, approaching the two of you from behind, from the rooftops, from the alleyways, from everywhere basically.



"Ready?", he calls to you again, just before the missiles finally reach a meter of you.



Just then, the two craziest of ideas pop into your head as if by reflex.



SELECT
[1]Let's ride!
[2]Time to home in!

Offline Galactic-Warrior

  • Starcross Space Cadet
  • *****
  • Posts: 1976
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #6 on: April 04, 2011, 11:13:07 pm »
. . .

Whats the difference between the two?
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Yuu

  • Civilization Emperor
  • *****
  • Posts: 10050
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #7 on: April 04, 2011, 11:51:16 pm »
On involves riding something and other involves homing in to something.

Offline Flamester_

  • Gyruss Gyrusian
  • *****
  • Posts: 2732
  • Bread Kitty
    • View Profile
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #8 on: April 05, 2011, 02:45:05 pm »
Riding is good.
Quote from: Mr. Wizard
Flamester is truly a god among us.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

  • Starcross Space Cadet
  • *****
  • Posts: 1976
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #9 on: April 05, 2011, 04:57:23 pm »
Alright them, lets ride!
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Yuu

  • Civilization Emperor
  • *****
  • Posts: 10050
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2011, 04:24:40 am »
Ready...








With a confident smile you leap into the air, spiraling backwards as you successfully land on top of the zooming missile. Using your own force, you steer your ride upwards and into the vast swarm of enemies. Maneuvering, your craft barely avoids crashing into the field of floating obstacles that make up your armed assailants.

From your peripheral sight, you can make out your companion as he zips through like before, tearing through the thick metallic mist and somehow clearing the path for you and your impromptu vehicle.

Moments later, you finally break through the enemy line as you see your ally dive into the deep alleys below. Sensing the missile's limit, you dismount from the projectile as it soon explodes in a cacophonous sphere of light.








A slight reprieve from the mass of pursuers gives you an air of relief for but a fraction of a moment as you soon realize that you are plummeting towards the ground from quite an impressive elevation.

However, just as you think you were going to end up as paste, you reflexively put your blade ahead of your own self as a large gust of luminescent wind pushes against the ground, slowing your descent and propelling you forward before causing you somersault and land on your two feet.



"You alright?", your companion pats you in the back as he runs past you, prompting you to follow suit in your still slightly shaken form.





Sprinting through the shade, the two of you take out any enemies prowling along your path.

You quickly learn that you can also home into targets with your blade, just like your companion. That, and he can also discharge bolts of energy from his weapon in the form of varying colors of light.



It still puzzles you exactly what is going on, however.

Unfortunately, you just can't manage to bring the matter up with all the things that are incessantly trying to off you.


With an inaudible sigh, you continue your way downhill as you run past more groups of enemies.

As you manage to take down each of your opponents, you slowly get used to wielding your weapon, and for that matter your impossibly high physical aptitude.










"Almost there...", your companion tells you as the two of you vault across a wall and into a vast clearing.

Scanning the area, you notice an abundance of drapes, trucks, steel beams, and tractors.



"Whew!", your companion sighs in relief while looking towards the horizon. "I thought we wouldn't make it in time."

"Some sort of construction site?", your thoughts slip out of your mouth for a moment as you wonder why he led you down here, of all places. Upon hearing, he quickly responds by turning around and raising a brow, as if surprised by your seemingly innocent statement.



"You sure you're okay, Scot?", he asks you with a mix of befuddlement and concern. "You've been acting... awfully strange lately..."



SELECT
[1]Me, strange?
[2]WHAT THE HECK IS GOING ON HERE?!

Offline Galactic-Warrior

  • Starcross Space Cadet
  • *****
  • Posts: 1976
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2011, 09:33:29 pm »
2, definitely 2.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Yuu

  • Civilization Emperor
  • *****
  • Posts: 10050
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #12 on: April 07, 2011, 01:26:21 am »
Unable to contain the pressure, you finally snap and direct it at your companion.



"WHAT THE-"



However, before you can go any further, your sudden outburst is interrupted by a rather unexpected development.





"Watch out!", your companion tackles you as both of you barrel across the field and away from what you finally made out as some sort of explosion.

A very powerful, not to mention familiar, explosion, to be exact.

And from how things are panning, there was going to be more of it.





"Incoming!", your partner helps you up from the ground as the two of you dash across the area, frantically evading a dozen or so additional blasts.

Scouring the horizon, you make out several small figures, missiles to be exact, quickly zooming towards you, with your partner receiving quite the identical treatment.





As you emerge from the swirling dust after evading the additional salvo, you see your companion standing in the middle of the now slightly darker field, his head raised upwards and weapon at the ready.

Tracing his look, you raised your sights as well as you soon come to grips with what he was actually staring at.








All around, a maelstrom of dust and dirt begins to consume the area as the ground darkens even more from the looming presence above.



"Well, this is it.", your companion remarks as a massive craft, of similar design to your previous assailants, ominously hovers towards your current location.

A brief look at its exterior reveals its heavily armored nature.

Its skin covered all over in what could be made out as missile tubes, point defenses, gun ports, and various other forms of high-powered weaponry.



It is in no way less than a true flying fortress.





Soon, the area is flooded with a swarm of heavily armed reinforcements, both on and above ground.



Your companion looks back at you and briefly gives a nod before heading off to face the massive aerial adversary.



SELECT
[1]Focus on the enemy fortress.
[2]Focus on aerial targets.
[3]Focus on ground targets.

SELECT
[1]Fight offensively.
[2]Fight defensively.
[3]Fight balanced.

SELECT
[1]Melee.
[2]Shoot.

Offline Plank of Wood

  • Final Fighter
  • *****
  • Posts: 8428
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #13 on: April 07, 2011, 07:47:11 am »
Flying enemies, offensively, melee.

:V
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Galactic-Warrior

  • Starcross Space Cadet
  • *****
  • Posts: 1976
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
Re: Versefleet Academy
« Reply #14 on: April 07, 2011, 08:06:27 am »
Flyers, offense, shooty shooty.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!