Which Option?

1!
0 (0%)
2!
0 (0%)
3!
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Author Topic: Space Battles and Explosions! - An Adventure Game  (Read 5242 times)

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
Re: Space Battles and Explosions! - An Adventure Game
« Reply #15 on: March 24, 2011, 02:56:35 am »
Yeah, Stuart.

I'm just following the crowd at this point.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 24, 2011, 04:25:33 pm »
Of course you'll try to get on Stuart's good side! She's basically your boss, after all.

You talk with her for a while, drinking as much alcohol as you can find. Through this drunken bonding activity, you actually become pretty good pals. She talks about being annoyed with being shoe horned into the Naval ranks, rather than as a fighter pilot as she'd prefer, though eventually admits she's far more successful as a Naval officer than as a pilot. She thinks you're listening and so enjoys your company more - . You both discuss how you felt about going on the thing your doing in space soon whilst finishing off the booze... and then you start getting tired and shtuff... and you both get up and ret- retrie- retire to your quarters and fall ashleep immediately.

You aweken to the sound of the overhead speaker piercing your eardrums. An army of Thai construction workers are drilling inside your head, and the flouresant lighting kicks your eyes in the crotch. Woodland creatures urinated in your mouth while you slept and then a bear died inside it afterwads. You're glad that at least you didn't go to the bar with the lower officers - otherwise your liver would have hung itself right there and then.

After drinking the hangover cure passed down through the generations by your family, you get dressed and report to the bridge. You notice that you should have been awake and hour ago. Luckily as a higher officer you haven't got any specific orders, so you can basicly roam free.

How do you start your working day?

1) Log in to the UNSF Database - I need to check what's going on without anyone finding out how incompetant you are.
2) Read through your reports and dossiers - I'll have to do this at some point, I guess.
3) Talk to someone - I could try and help someone else with their job, or find out what I need to do.
4) Stall for Time - If I pretend to look like I'm doing something then I'll eventually get some orders.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 24, 2011, 06:17:03 pm »
Go with 2.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2011, 03:50:14 am »
1 seems like the most sensible thing to do.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2011, 06:11:33 am »
4) If you look busy, maybe no-one will notice you're an hour late.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 25, 2011, 11:22:16 am »
Definitely one, wouldn't want them to think you didn't know what you were doing.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 25, 2011, 04:05:24 pm »
You find the nearest free terminal and log in. You find out that your current standing orders are to -

"Lt. Kirkland - the Captain wants to see you in the bridge."

Oh balls. Oh balls. Oh balls.

You go to the bridge, expecting to be yelled at. However the Captian barely raises an eyebrow at your rushed and tired appearance.

"Kirkland, you've read through the mission dossier?"

"Uh, no sir."

The Captian gives you a disapproving look, and you mentally bring push your next promotion back another year.

However relief comes in the form of Stuart, who announces that we're three more hours until we reach the dissengagement point for our FTL engine.

"Well Kirkland, three hours until we're at our destination. Isn't there something you should be doing?"

Yep, you need to get the mission details somehow. You can go through the reports and dossiers yourself, though that would take a long time. You could also ask Stuart to summarise the mission for you - though she could miss things out.

1) Go through the reports yourself - It'll take a long time, but details are important!
2) Ask Stuart - I'm confidant in her ability to remember the important details of the mission.

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2011, 04:22:02 pm »
Go through them yourself, its not like you've got anything else to do.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2011, 04:30:46 pm »
Go with 1.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 26, 2011, 05:46:22 am »
Yeah, 1.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 28, 2011, 03:07:59 pm »
You sit down with the dossiers, and herpalerp your way through them.

The mission is a raid on a Mining Colony turned Military Base in CGA territory. The job of the Cleveland is to support the larger Carrier Vessel, the UNSV Hubble in it's attack on the defence stations. Whilst the carrier will deal with the stations themselves, the job of the Cleveland is to take down any enemy ships that may pose a threat to the Carrier - mostly Beam Frigates or Boarding Vessels. The HQ vessel for this raid fleet is the carrier UNSV Apollo, which will be on the other flank of the attack. Intel also states that the fleet can advance through an astroid belt, which may provide cover from attacking fire - however that will mean that larger ships will be unable to pass through - the Mission plan states that the larger carriers must get as close as possible to the Defence stations without crossing this belt.

Your Job, Scotty, is to relay the orders of the Captain down to the lower ranks. You'll also be responsible for precise firing orders and giving intel to our fighters - or even troopers if nessesary.

You also learn that Captain van Der Waals will potentially be promoted and transferred to a Capital ship, as has been expected for a long time. If you do well, you are likely to get Second in Command of the Cleveland.

You notice that it is almost time to get into combat stations.

You'd better get moving then! Where do you head?

1) The Bridge - I need to get orders from the Captain in person.
2) The Gunnery Control Centre - I will assume control of this fight personally!
3) The Fighter Bay - The fighters may prove important and I shall command them from here.
4) To Someone - I'll look for someone I know and I'll stick with them.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 28, 2011, 03:18:30 pm »
1, also, I'm getting the feeling that something is going to go wrong.

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2011, 03:11:51 am »

That must be one dense asteroid belt if large ships can't get through them.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 29, 2011, 08:16:23 am »
That must be one dense asteroid belt if large ships can't get through them.

Space Wizard did it.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 29, 2011, 04:35:42 pm »
Its always a wizard who did it...