Author Topic: A Tale of Civilizations II - OOC  (Read 21466 times)

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
Re: A Tale of Civilizations II - Sign-ups and planning!
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2011, 02:30:50 pm »
Great to see you joining munchkin! That tech setup is interesting, very fundamental.

Yea I think it will work out with 4 to begin with, and joining later on wont be a problem. How this should be done can be discussed when the need arises. I need a bit more work on the world map (that I use, that you won't see for long), and some other preparations before we can start. I think I should be able to finish this tomorrow or during the weekend so we can get started soon! :)
@davidramnero

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
Re: A Tale of Civilizations II - Sign-ups and planning!
« Reply #31 on: March 27, 2011, 08:43:54 am »
Okay! The game has started, all the stats is in the main thread.

What you should do now:

• Analyze the stats. See how your royals turned out and your starting conditions.
  • Decide what you want to spend your WP on.
  • Decide how your royals should structure the organization of the civilization.
  • Post RP material, such as religion, culture, background for your civ, background for your royals etc. This point is optional but recommended. It is also very unrestricted. Be creative!
@davidramnero

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
Re: A Tale of Civilizations II - OOC
« Reply #32 on: March 27, 2011, 10:11:42 am »
A couple of things: i'm wondering why my guys produce rafts, pottery and fish without any of the prequsite techs, and also, given the length of time it'll take to reach any of the "structure" techs, what level of housing can we give our tribes?

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 27, 2011, 10:29:39 am »
Sorry, forgot to correctly update that section as I copied the template. Fixed now.

I am not sure I understand your question, do you mean what you are able to accomplish with level 5 structures? In that case think of it like level 5 Stone Structures allows structures like the pyramids, and the full research is 5*75. Enormous pyramids can't be built out of hides and sticks though, so level 5 Hide Structures does not allow as high level of housing, but rather advanced and impressive tent-like structures for example.

« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 10:56:48 am by Huckbuck »
@davidramnero

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 27, 2011, 10:33:43 am »
What i'm asking is if we're allowed any basic level of housing without the structure techs, i.e what level of housing can we currently give our tribes with the tech they already have.

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 27, 2011, 10:56:27 am »
Ah ok. Basic huts made out of branches and vegetation is allowed, but not much more than that.

Another thing I feel I might have to explain:

Example picture

As you see the map is divided into an irregular grid. This is to simplify control of land and movement of military and other units. The grid is supposed to represent natural regions based on the landscape and the regions average about 10000 km^2. It is therefor important to remember that the region marked as your land is not all populated by your people, rather their population is concentrated in a small area. The rest encompass land they might hunt in or at least know of and is not controlled by anyone else. The size of these regions also mean that you are not limited to one city or town in each region, even though I will keep stats like population by region, you are free to say all live in one large city or scattered in small villages whichever you prefer, as it does not directly affect the gameplay.
@davidramnero

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 27, 2011, 11:29:15 am »
I hope that post was good enough. At this point I'm slowly fleshing out the characters and the people themselves. I'm hoping to leave some room for development and change over the next couple of posts.

Here are a couple of questions though:
-How much WP should be devoted to food production for a population? Is 1/5 of the population a good rule of thumb?
-I kinda threw up the idea that Kelem is looking for a suitor. Can I throw up some basic stats I would prefer and then you add them, or were you thinking of something different for this scenario?
-When people have a baby, are you going to be able to pick out some of the characteristics, or will they be completely random?

I had a few more but I can't remember them right now.

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 27, 2011, 01:08:26 pm »
I really enjoyed your post! Setting the bar straight away! :)

1/5 sounds about right yes. And yes, you can say what qualities are looked for. Same with babies, you can say how they try to raise the child.
@davidramnero

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 27, 2011, 01:12:48 pm »
I'll probably get my first post up in about an hour or two, got some work to do first though.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 27, 2011, 01:43:08 pm »
Quick question, do the Reigians have anything domesticated yet? And if so is that open for assumption or is it something specific?
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 27, 2011, 01:54:25 pm »
Good question. You can not have cattle, horses (including donkeys and zebras) or elephants. Other than that my opinion is that it does not affect gameplay enough so you are free to have any animal tamed that fits in a jungle. Higher levels of domestication allows you to have cattle and animals like dogs, that have been bred to live with humans and are therefor more fit for it. Now you have more or less tamed 'wild animals' rather than pets and heavily domesticated creatures like cattle and sheep.

Horses and elephants are special resources that only exists in some places and require some work for them to be used.

EDIT: Another point I want to add regarding the map is that the brown areas aren't just plains or anything like that, there are still forests in these areas unless my description of an area says otherwise. The green parts on the map however are parts where there pretty much is only forest, and not the passable type neither. I will add this info along with the other map info to the first post so it is easy to find.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 01:57:38 pm by Huckbuck »
@davidramnero

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: March 27, 2011, 02:06:31 pm »
Could I have say, chickens, guineafowl or peafowl?
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Huckbuck

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: March 27, 2011, 02:13:48 pm »
Yes, that should make enough sense. Though the chicken wouldn't really be what we call chicken, instead they would be either http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Junglefowl for or http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grey_Junglefowl.
@davidramnero

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: March 27, 2011, 02:15:00 pm »
Maybe I missed it but could I see a list of everything that WP can be potentially spent on?
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 27, 2011, 04:10:07 pm »
Finally remembered my other questions:
-If we go over the required technology limit (like 52/50 TP), do those carry over on to the next level of that technology (ex. I was researching Firemaking I, and actually had 11/10 TP. Would this carry over as Firemaking 1/?)?
-And what are the time periods we're looking at? Is each turn 1 month or 1 year (or even 1 week)?