Author Topic: The Flojin  (Read 1983 times)

Offline Lookatroopa

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • The Fan-Ball Wiki
The Flojin
« on: March 19, 2011, 07:02:23 am »
I don't have pictures yet because i don't have a good program for it.
Here's some basic information:
Name: Flojin
Lifespan: Normal circumstances: 50-60 years
              Diseased: 10-40 years
              Siamese twins: 70-90 years
Locomotion: Walking/Flying
Size: 0,5 to 0,75 meters
Diet: Meat, Plants, Ground, Water and Minerals
Description: Dark yellow wasp-like body with yellow paws, three gold/green eyes, long mouth on end of tail
Special abilities: Flying with paws, poisonous teeth
Limitations: No speech, cant run, colorblind (everything looks gold/green)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2011, 05:46:06 am by Lookatroopa »

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
Re: The Flojin
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2011, 11:27:28 pm »
Greetings. I'm just checking, but did you read the topic called "Read Before Making a Creature"?

And how in the holy mother of crystallized banana pancakes can they turn any liquid into water? They can't, it's impossible.

Now, I'm not trying to be mean or rude. I welcome your efforts at a new species and encourage creativity but also a degree of realism and professionalism. I'm not trying to discourage you here, but just please do your best when making these things. Don't be a noob, but go ahead and have some fun.

And I recommend Paint.NET for drawing. Just either use a tablet or edit scanned pictures first.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 12:12:48 am »
And how in the holy mother of crystallized banana pancakes can they turn any liquid into water? They can't, it's impossible.

Maybe the Flojin artificial and were made by a very advanced race?

Though, yeah, a naturally occurring creature wouldn't be able to do that, so I guess it depends on the Flojin's origins.

As for the program, try powerpoint. It's kinda exotic and requires an acquired taste, but it's actually a pretty good program.

Offline Lookatroopa

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • The Fan-Ball Wiki
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 05:52:10 am »
Greetings. I'm just checking, but did you read the topic called "Read Before Making a Creature"?

Now, I'm not trying to be mean or rude. I welcome your efforts at a new species and encourage creativity but also a degree of realism and professionalism. I'm not trying to discourage you here, but just please do your best when making these things. Don't be a noob, but go ahead and have some fun.

And I recommend Paint.NET for drawing. Just either use a tablet or edit scanned pictures first.
I did read the topic. What did i do wrong?

And thanks for the constructive criticism, i removed the ability to turn any liquids into water.

And thanks for suggesting Paint.NET, i will check it out.

Maybe the Flojin artificial and were made by a very advanced race?

Though, yeah, a naturally occurring creature wouldn't be able to do that, so I guess it depends on the Flojin's origins.

As for the program, try powerpoint. It's kinda exotic and requires an acquired taste, but it's actually a pretty good program.

The Flojin are actually natural, but some species collect them for experiments.

And i tried powerpoint, but i cant really draw good with it.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 07:41:40 am »
You didn't do anything wrong, there are just certain standards that people stand by. Don't worry bout it, almost everyone goofs up their first creature when they first make it. Just go back and revise it later, that works. There's this creature sheet, I think, I'll see if I can look it up for you, that may help.
As for artwork, my suggestion would be the DoGA series 3D Modeling programs. They're very, VERY easy to use. It's pretty much a drag and drop system of premade parts. I'd be willing to do some of the art for you until you get onto your feet with a good program if you'd like.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2011, 09:37:50 pm »
I did say I was just checking. Good to know we've got a new member wiser than some I could name.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Lookatroopa

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • The Fan-Ball Wiki
« Reply #6 on: March 21, 2011, 09:30:00 am »
You didn't do anything wrong, there are just certain standards that people stand by. Don't worry bout it, almost everyone goofs up their first creature when they first make it. Just go back and revise it later, that works. There's this creature sheet, I think, I'll see if I can look it up for you, that may help.
As for artwork, my suggestion would be the DoGA series 3D Modeling programs. They're very, VERY easy to use. It's pretty much a drag and drop system of premade parts. I'd be willing to do some of the art for you until you get onto your feet with a good program if you'd like.
Well, i would like it if you could make some art.
Here is an picture of Flojin:
(It is made on Spore)