Author Topic: The Mystery RP  (Read 2193 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
The Mystery RP
« on: March 17, 2011, 06:48:40 pm »
The Mystery RP
OOC

It's the Mystery RP! Where the story is unknown, the players are unknown, and the outcome is unknown! Player order is as follows:

Kenotai
Oviraptor
PatMan33
eropS

Annnnnnd go!

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
Re: The Mystery RP
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2011, 10:51:30 am »
A ship was moving through the pitch blackness of space, the distant stars shining through. The ship's ancient engines were giving off the last of their power, but the station, its destination, loomed just up ahead. The network of interconnected pods and stratum was the rendezvous point for a whole manner of opportunists and entrepreneurs. Against the background of the station lay the planet Alpha Tau Phi III, a barren, atmosphereless planet, which simply acted as a gravitational anchor for the station and its satellites. Ships could be seen swarming around the station, and occasionally, if the engines of a ship were completely spent, the ship was retrofitted to act as a new unit to the unimatrix that made up the station.

In the cockpit of the ship, in the biggest chair, sat the captain Chesh Sorran. He sat with one of his arms rested against the thigh of his leg. He stared ahead at the station through the large window with a look of an indescribable nature, perhaps boredom, perhaps not. His uniform was decorated with the various insignia of the trade fleet he belonged to, Zharesh Pi. His helmsmen sat in the upper level of the cockpit.

He had business, as did most of his crew, on the station. As a trading ship, they had a large cargo hold that trailed off behind the ship, with the engine section just at the end. Inside was stored the various precious commodities that were traded among the Colonies of Man. Exotic spices that created vivid dreams, minerals that shone with greenish-purples, metals and alloys nearly as strong as diamonds, edible plants that grew quickly, the list could go on. All very valuable, and traded for similarly valuable things, such as animals, land and sea vehicles, power systems, and of course engine components.

The ship docked with Matrix 03 of subsection Alpha. The sudden stop of the ship was quickly absorbed by the station, and the docking ports opened. Chesh Sorran was already on his way down to the hold to show his customers the merchandise.

The two customers were dressed in an Arabesque style of clothing, with plenty of purples and pinks, which stood out against the not quite so garish browns and greens of Chesh Sorran’s uniform.

“Gentlemen, welcome to the Razhtesh Pi.” He motioned for them to follow him. “I hope you'll appreciate the effort that went into obtaining these…” Once in the hold he held up a grey plastic case. “I trust you have the components I asked for…”

The rightmost man withdrew an orange cylinder roughly 7 centimeters long.

“That’s it! I expected more for these!”

The leftmost man spoke, his voice was raspy and barely audible. “It was all we could manage; it’s rather rare, y’know.”

“You promised at least a meter more than that!”

“We are sorry that this station cannot provide you with what you need…”
“Yeah, it certainly seems it cannot! How am I supposed to leave if I don’t have enough fuel to power my ship?” He facepalmed, and after a moment, he put down the case and pointed out of the hold. “Go, I’ll find someone else who can help me.”

“But, if you need this, who’s to say that we don’t need what you have?”

“I guess, like me, you'll have to find a way to manage.”

“Please, Chesh, allow us to have what we need!”

“Leave now, or I will have you removed.”

The two left in a huff. He put the case back onto the shelf, and opened up to peer at what it was. He let out a sigh of awe, and closed up the case back up and left.

Elsewhere on the station, far from the spat and circumstances of the fuel rod dispute, there laid a section of station not as well kept up. Power was constantly failing, and the people there were poor, their circumstances forcing them to give up their ships to pirates and other ragamuffins.

One of these people was the woman named Nara. When she tells people that, they say “Nara who?” but she always just replies “just Nara.”  She was Asian in appearance, but her skin was very dark. She was also a bounty hunter, emphasis on the past tense. The Administration on Vigilantes and Bounty Hunters stripped her of her standing.

Now, all she was able to do was make some sort of half-assed living in the nether regions of the station, with all the aforementioned problems.  Sometimes, the life support network would give out for several hours, until the mismanagement decided to restore it. Those were cold times, literally.

She stood in front of a heat duct, which was more like an exhaust port for the fusion reactors. She felt the warmth travel up her arms as she rubbed them to keep the blood flowing. The people around her milled, doing nothing with their lives. Well, she hoped to return to work some day. It was inevitable, not as many people was as quick with a pistol, or as experienced with searching the distant stars for individuals. Sometimes she wonders just exactly where that dismissal notice had come from.

She was still warming herself up when she felt a shove from behind, and was thrust up against the heat duct, burning her forearms.

“What was that for!”

“Sorry, didn’t see you there!”

“Would you care to try that again!” She was not exactly a very tall woman, and was sensitive to her height.

“Shorty got spunk, huh?”

She was not in the mood. With a single motion, she had the guy pinned against the wall, mere inches from the burning exhaust duct. “WHAT DID YOU SAY?”

“Shorty! You wanna make something of it!”

She shifted her weight just so that the man inched closer to the burning surface. “I am, NOT, in the mood for you!” In her rage, she had failed to notice the clothing of the man. They were of a trade ship, and the badge read as Chesh Sorran. “So, infamous Chesh Sorran? What brings you to this area? Going to make off with even more helpless people?”

“Ge’off of me!” Chesh Sorran struggled against her grip.
« Last Edit: March 19, 2011, 09:27:11 am by Kenotai »
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2011, 11:22:51 am »
She tightened her arm, "How much do you like your face, Chesh?"

He felt the hairs on his face singing from the heat. "Enough!" he shouted. He brought his knee up into the back of her right leg, causing it to buckle. She quickly pushed harder on her left leg and drove him harder into the wall.

But she missed. Because she was only pushing with one leg, she could not direct the man's momentum and his face rammed right into the exhaust port. Chesh screamed out in sheer pain.

"****!" Nara exclaimed as she released him from her grasp. He fell to the floor. As he reached up to his face, his hands trembled and he said, "You... you *****! Look what you've done!"

She backed up slowly, cursing under her breathe. This is not good, she thought.

"You'll pay for this!" he said. He let out another moan, as another wave of pain came over him.

She looked at the man, realizing how easily she could kill him right now. They were alone, no one would know it was her. She clenched her jaw. She stepped forward—Chesh turned to face her. For the first time she could see his face. His skin was burned and peeling off in the places it had contacted the vent.

He smiled. "You realize I've had my personal recorder on this whole time. Everything within six meters."

She backed up and turned to run. The last thing she heard was the sound of Chesh's laughter reverberating down corridor.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2011, 02:48:31 pm »
"Clever." a feminine voice echoed from somewhere near Chesh, "Shame about your face, though. You would think skin rejuvenation would hurt less than the initial injury."

Chesh frowned and glanced around the corridor for whoever was speaking but found nobody. In fact, everyone that had been in the vicinity made themselves scarce after the confrontation with Nara. Down on the lower levels it was usually a good idea to be unseen after a disturbance. Security had free reign to do as they pleased with the unimportant souls that inhabited the bottom reaches of the station. After a long moment of silence, Chesh decided to get a move on and he hurried toward an elevator.

"What? Something wrong?" the voice called out from behind, "Don't you want to talk? I thought maybe you'd be interested in speaking with someone who witnessed that bitch's cowardly assault."

"I'm fine, thanks. My recorder has all the evidence I need." Chesh spoke hurriedly, doing his best to put distance between himself and whoever was speaking. It was considered a good idea not to associate with the station's less-than-desirable elements. And whoever was dogging him clearly wasn't about to bring good fortune.

"Mr. Sorran! I really think you want to speak with me." the voice called out, this time from somewhere in front of the captain, "It's important."

Chesh ignored this and made a sharp right into a well-lit connecting hallway. They knew his name. Not good. A loud crack emanated up from several floors below and the hallway trembled slightly. With a flicker, the lights on Chesh's level shut off and the captain uneasily slowed to a crawl. In the darkness all kinds of strange things emerged from whatever dark crevice they called home. Footsteps hurried to and fro in an effort to beat the lights and Chesh sensed at least a few people rushing past. Amidst the excitement however, Chesh could hear someone approaching with slow, measured steps. He began to back away from the sound and did an about face. Another loud crack came from below and nearly scared Chesh out of his skin.

A generator could be heard revving up and the lights slowly came back to life. Looking about, the captain found himself alone in the corridor once more. He sighed with relief and chuckled a bit. Placing a finger on his pursed lips and glancing thoughtfully at the row of lights next to him, Chesh turned around. A cold, metal hand reached out and grabbed his burned face tightly. Crying out in pain, Chesh fell to one knee.

"Mr. Sorran! My apologies for this, but you must understand my predicament. On your feet. Now!" the owner of the hand gave Chesh a smack on the cheek and waited for him to rise. Groaning, the captain looked at his assailant and grimaced. Her eye implants gave off a faint red glow and bionic augments riddled her body. She wore an evergreen pilot's outfit and a long, flowing cape. Smiling, the woman placed her hand on Chesh's shoulder and tapped her fingers in succession.

"Let's you and me take a walk, Mr. Sorran. You have something on board your ship that is of interest to me and the people I associate with."

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2011, 05:05:33 pm »
Begrudgingly, the captain obliged. He spat out a bit of blood from the slap and stated, "Hmph. Guess I don't have much choice, now do I?" The woman behind him ignored his remark and kept pushing him forward. They were headed deeper into the recesses in the station, the lights becoming dimmer and less consistent as they began making their way down stairs. The captain gave a quick look over his shoulder, the womans black hair obscuring any part of her face that was not already augmented. Chesh sighed and began to speak again.

"Well. Who are you, and the people you associate with then?"

The grip on his shoulder tightened as the woman responded, "My name is Rassia, as for my associates, Mr. Sorran, you will find out soon enough I'm sure." With that she pressed on word, pushing him forward ever so much.

A shadowy figure sat in a rather large room in the bottom of the station. The lights in the room were dim and the air was smoky. The figures eyes were lizard like, his skin scaled and red with swirls of turquoise. Many who gazed upon him were stricken by his beauty, yet many who gazed upon him failed to tell the tale. The door to the room opened, three figures standing in the doorway.

The shadowy figure in the center of the room smiled, his white, viscous teeth glowing in the haze. "Gentlemen, I assume you are here because you have heard the news?"

The three figures tentatively entered the doorway. One was a taller being, his seven eyes glowing in the haze. Another was averaged sized, his large figure barely able to fit through the door. The third was a man who was more machine than human.

The seven eyed figure, his voice low and steady, said, "Nazath... You have him...?"

Nazath, irritated by the fact these peons would dare question his word let out a slight hiss as he said, "Of course I do you seven eyed gorrilla. Now. Take a seat and be patient as we wait for him to arrive!"

The three figures nodded and took their places at the table in the room, Nazath remaining at the head. The large figure looked to Nazath and asked, "Wh.. When should we exp-"

He sentence was cut off by the sound of the door opening once more, two figures standing in the doorway. Nazath's eyes shone through the fog in the room.

"Mr. Sorran, so glad to have you join us."
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2011, 05:00:28 pm »
Chesh waved his hands in front of him to try and clear away some of the fog. He was mostly unsuccessful.

Nazath spoke again with his sibilant and rolled R accent. “Please, Mister Sorran, won't you have a seat? We mean business here.” He heavily emphasized the word business. Rassia pushed Chesh into the room. Chesh stumbled over to the table and pulled out a chair, which he sat in back to front.

“So, there's business, legitimate business? 'Cause, as you know, I'm as legit as they come.”

“Mister Sorran, don't take me for a fool,” he picked up an object from the table, “I know about the former kidnapping charges, you don't need to lie around me.”

He leaned over the back of the chair, “now where would you have heard about charges filed in the Colonies of Man? A Sar like you would not be very well informed.”

“Well, let us say, that I have many friends. Important friends.” He glanced at the other three clearly not Man people.

Chesh put his hands up. “Alright, alright, so there's corrupt people in the Colonial government, what else is new, it's not Earth so who cares what happens. What I don't get is why that...”

“Woman, Rana?”

“Nara.”

“Nara, she was sent after you. I got rid of her.”

“She's here, you know that, right?”

“Yes, I do, but she cannot do anything, she has no ship or weapons. She's harmless.”

“That's what you think, but look at THIS!” He indicated the burns that ran all across his face. “If someone so low could do this, what kind of organization are you running?!”

“Relax, Mister Sorran, she's not alone down there.” He fiddled with the thing in his hands. “Now, let us talk business.” He pressed an invisible button on the torpedo shaped device, and a huge image made up of alphanumerics ran across and rose up from the table in a large holographic display aided by all the smoke in the room. “This here's my business ledger.” He pressed a button further down on the device, and the image of a large crystalline structure appeared, filled with paradoxical colorings. “Do you know what this is, Mister Sorran?”

He stammered for a second, and finally replied, “it's, a wormhole crystal.”

“And please tell my half-brained friends why it's so valuable.”

“There's only 10 in this arm of the galaxy.”

“Exactly! And how many are in your case, Mister Sorran?”

He was sweating, this wasn't the time for this, he had no use for them, all he needed was fuel for the next biggest thing he was planning. “I, I have.” He lowered his eyes, and his voice. “Seven”

“Seven! This man is a true con artist! And here he was, going to trade them for a mere meter of fuel!”

His head shot up. “How would you know this?”

Nazath motioned to the Septarian, who got up and left the room briefly. He came back in moments later with a pink and purple robed Arab, heavily bruised and bleeding profusely.

“What did you do?!” Chesh got up and ran over to him, but the other two figures held him back. Rassia came over and spoke to him.

“And why should you care about his well being? Is it because he's a Man? Nazath, bring up the file.” Nazath pressed the button on his controller, bringing up a multitude of humanoid and non-humanoid faces, and yet all distinctly not Man. “Man has yet to fully realize the potential for wormhole crystals, and so their trade is handled like diamonds were in the days of old, artifacts of beauty, hard, valuable, but not much practical use.” She turned to face him. “So, you went after species that had, kidnapped their scientists, philosophers, engineers, and even in one case,” she ran her hand up and around one of the images, as if she was caressing it, “a religious leader. Of course, according to this gentleman here, you were only offering him one crystal. A crystal per meter of old fuel, I hope you realize we aren't stupid, 7 meters of fuel would get you to the next spiral arm, a course that would take you through a lot of empty space.” She walked up to him, pulling her hair back, revealing the heavily augmented nature of her face, neck and head. “No Man has gone there, but others have, and we,” she looked at the other four, “would like to visit it too.” She put her hair back and walked away from him. “Untold riches await those who get there, but of course, governments, folkways, mores, and laws stand in your way.” She turned and looked at him.

“I, I don't know what to say, a lot of that is true. But I never hurt anybody!”

“Of course you didn't, but the various governments didn't like how you interfered with everything. You've made a mess of things.”
« Last Edit: March 22, 2011, 02:50:18 pm by Kenotai »
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #6 on: March 25, 2011, 03:52:17 pm »
"Now I'm sure you know what happens next." Nazzath mumbled while Rassia's metal hand tightened around the captain's neck, "Turn over the crystals and you may have a chance to live out the rest of your days."

Chesh looked as if he were about the say something but he held his tongue and nodded. Clasping his clawed hands together, Nazzath stood up and approached the captain. Rassia quietly fell back in line behind her superior and watched as he ran one of his claws along the captain's ear. Flashing a mouthful of pointy teeth, Nazzath let out a hiss and urged Chesh onward. Together, the trio left the cold room at the bottom of the station and entered an express elevator that had already been programmed to stop at Matrix 03 of subsection Alpha. Soothing music filled the spacious compartment, making Chesh a bit more nervous. Nazzath's random neck spasms didn't seem to help either, as the giant lizard's head occasionally jerked in a random direction. Keying into Chesh's discomfort with her keen sense of intuition and a multitude of extrasensory augmentations, Rassia let out a faint chuckle and poked the captain in the kidney.

"Don't worry," she whispered in a sultry fashion, "it'll all be over soon."

The doors slid open to reveal Chesh's ship in the docking bay. Several well-dressed bystanders stood around its perimeter and tried not to be too conspicuous.

"What? You don't trust me?" Chesh said curtly as Nazzath replied with a sharp push that broke the skin, "As you were, Sorran. I'll sleep soundly regardless of your fate."

Grinning, Rassia followed close behind the captain with Nazzath taking up the rear. They stepped on board Chesh's massive and aging ship and headed for the cargo hold. Rassia paused for a moment and looked around the corridor, feeling a sense of unease. She waited for Nazzath to pass by and leaned in, mumbling something in his ear. Giving her a nod followed by a sharp jerk to the left, Nazzath placed his hand on a small repeater that hung down by his muscular thighs. Chesh stopped at a large door and hastily entered its key code. The door slid open and Chesh pulled a small case from the shelf. He turned and walked toward Nazzath.

"Here they are. All seven of them." he smiled faintly and placed a hand on top, "Would you like to see them?"

"Give it here, I'll inspect them myself." Nazzath growled, snatching up the case and opening it wide.

A dull golden light rushed out of the case and the seven tiny crystal twinkled idly. Nazzath plucked one up between his claws and examined it closely.

"Alright. Not bad, Sorran. Hah! Not bad at all!" Nazzath chuckled with delight and Rassia joined in, "Looks like you're free to go. It's been a pleasure doing busine- AH! I see... the bounty hunter, of course. How are you doing, Nara?"

"Just fine, Nazzath. Thank you." Nara spoke softly as she stared at the backs of Nazzath and Rassia. She was hoisting a large gun meant for use at close range and Chesh stared at her, wide-eyed. "If you'll just put that down and leave the ship... and don't bother calling your men. They've already been taken care of."

"Of course..." Nazzath grumbled, closing the case and setting it on the floor. He turned around and slid it toward Nara with his foot, "I don't suppose you're in the mood to bargain?"

"No. There will be no deals with you. And I want the crystal in your hand, too." Nara said with a glimmer in her eyes.

Hissing loudly, Nazzath clenched his claws together and extended it to Nara. As he opened his scaly fingers to hand over the crystal, Rassia whirled around and thrust two large pistols in the bounty hunter's face. A single, concussive shot rang out and the caped Rassia let out a shrill cry before stumbling backwards and falling to the floor with a grapefruit-sized hole in her chest. Nazzath used the brief distraction to unholster his own weapon and he slashed at Nara with his free hand. His claws sliced through her face with ease and she grunted loudly, firing a wayward shot just past Chesh's head. The captain dove for cover and came to rest behind a pile of upended boxes, his face centimeters away from the wormhole crystal that Nazzath had apparently dropped. Its gentle glow had vanished and a harsh light had begun to flow forth. Gritting his teeth, captain Sorran edged backwards.

"H-hey... uh..." Chesh called out to a preoccupied Nazzath and Nara, "uh..."

Locked in a standoff, the pair were oblivious to whatever was happening behind the boxes and it wasn't until the entire ship was rocked that they took notice. The tiny crystal had taken to the air and was pulsating wildly, emitting loud tones with each burst. Another violent quake hit the ship and the exterior doors slammed shut. With a grinding sound, the vessel was dragged across the docking bay and alarms blared across the station. With one final lurch, the ship careened through the station's fortified walls and tumbled out into open space where it vanished in an explosion of light.

Some time later, Chesh awoke with a start. He looked around his ruined cargo hold and unsteadily got to his feet. In the far corner he spied an unconscious Nazzath, bound and gagged. His weapons were nowhere in sight. A small pool of blood stained the floor where Rassia had been but her body was nowhere in sight. It had probably been flung down the corridor by the immense force that struck their ship. From the way the engines were humming, he could tell that they were moving at a steady clip but he hadn't given any commands. Staggering and holding his head, Chesh navigated to the bridge where he found Nara standing before the map. She was continuously zooming out and scrolling around looking for something, anything that was familiar.

"You... what are you doing with my ship?" Chesh woozily blurted out, "What's happened?"

"If I knew that I'd tell you." Nara said shortly, "One of those damn crystals activated... don't ask me how. And now we're  up the creek without a paddle. Thing dumped us out somewhere in space... still in the same galaxy but nowhere near our civilization. I'm getting readings from all around but nothing is showing up on the map. Must be tuned to a different channel or something. Man, we're so screwed."

Chesh stepped up to the map beside Nara and looked at the situation. He reached for a button and pressed it.

"I remember as a kid my Dad used to tell me to use my eyes when all else failed. This map is useless to us." Chesh smiled as the bridge's visor opened, "We'll use our eyes."

The pair gasped simultaneously as the visor pulled away. Laid out before then was a sight unlike anything they'd ever seen. Its beauty was only matched by mystery. At a loss for words, Chesh tried as best he could to say something. He looked away from the alien sight and sat down in the captain's chair.

"Okay... so I think we're going to be... okay. Right? I hope... so before we go on any further, what do we do with Nazzath?"

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2011, 06:14:03 pm »
Nazzath's eyes glowed red with rage as he laid bound and gagged in the corner of some control room he was unfamiliar with. They narrowed as he listened to the fleshlings discuss his fate.

Nara looked upon the lizard with contempt, her wounds still bleeding slighty and her eye slightly blinded because of his attack. "Hmph. I say we kill the fiend, what good can he possibly do?"

Chesh looked to Nara and shook his head, "Do you honestly think this ship can be piloted by two people alone? I usually have a crew of eight! We're in the middle of god knows where and you want to just kill him off like that?"

Nazzath had gnawed through his gag and spat out the shredded remains with contempt. "Indeed Nara, you can't honestly believe you'll make it out of here alive without me?" He then let out a sinister chuckle as he looked out the window and saw the galaxy before him. "Besides, I would say at this point I'm the only one who knows what has happened, and what we have to do to make it through this." Nazzath grinned at the two humans before him, what choice did they truly have?

Nara narrowed her eyes and looked to Chesh, "He's lying, he has no idea where we are! How can he!"

Shaking his head, Nazzath said, "Humans.... always underestimating the power of the galaxy.... You think a wormhole crystal will just spit us in the middle of no where? Bah! It's all calculated! I would just be needing to be allowed to... take control to see just what happened and where we were jumped to..."

« Last Edit: March 27, 2011, 06:16:31 pm by eropS »
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.