Author Topic: Rango  (Read 4081 times)

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Rango
« on: March 15, 2011, 05:32:25 pm »
Has anyone seen this yet? I saw it over the weekend and have to say that it is an very beautifully animated film. the rest of the film is a pretty good homage to the spaghetti western one of those family films that is written to be seen by the whole family not just the kids.

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
Re: Rango
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2011, 08:42:11 pm »
I was told that it makes a lot more sense if you saw "Fear and loathing in Las Vegas"... so i guess I'll watch both when they come out on DVD.

-Lego

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 16, 2011, 04:27:43 pm »
I never saw Fear and loathing but the movie made plenty of sense to me. How ever there is just one gag that just knowing about fear and loathing will help you. Rango momentarly gets stuck on the windshield of Raoul Duke and Dr. Gonzo the main characters of Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. In fact there are a few gags based around previous roles played by Depp.

Offline shock223

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2011, 01:31:13 am »
considering that Hunter died a few months ago, i would think that Johnny would try to do it

gec05

« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2011, 11:06:48 pm »
The film was a blast to watch. At first it didn't interest me as much. But now I really like it.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2011, 03:58:41 am »
The film was a blast to watch. At first it didn't interest me as much. But now I really like it.

Gec likes a talking lizard? What a shocker!  8)

gec05

« Reply #6 on: April 11, 2011, 07:50:35 am »
Rango is a lizard? I didn't really notice.

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #7 on: April 11, 2011, 08:20:58 am »
It looks like Rango is supposed to be a Chameleon (judging by the eyes). But some of the animals were hard to even tell they were animals.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: April 11, 2011, 11:57:32 pm »
Well considaring there is one scene where he does change colour to make himself look like a rock, clearly he is a Chameleon. I'm not sure what Beans is meant to be, I mean clearly some kind of lizard although only because she is a reptile she really don't look like anything.

gec05

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2011, 05:35:44 am »
Hah, you guys.

The point I was making is that I didn't care if the movie had a lizard. I just wasn't interested in it period because I don't like westerns. I only saw it because my mom wanted to see it. Surprisingly she didnt like it as much as I did. Isn't a great movie, but a very good one to watch.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2011, 07:11:25 am »
The only reason I went to see it was because the animation looked really really good, and honestly it really was the story wasn't hugely spectacular but worth checking out to for some very beautiful scenes.

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 08, 2011, 03:37:09 pm »
The only reason I went to see it was because the animation looked really really good, and honestly it really was the story wasn't hugely spectacular but worth checking out to for some very beautiful scenes.

Same here. I'm a sucker for good 3D.

Trippy movie.

Offline 762

• Goddess of Phobos
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 12, 2011, 05:18:42 pm »
It looks like we're getting to a point where animated movies are surpassing live action movies for how good they look (depending on preference and type of movie, of course). Hopefully 3d animated movies won't be just for kids anymore.

Spore countdowns: USA Europe