Poll

IT'S THE COPS!

Play it cool, bros.
*run to the bathroom and hide in the shower*
CHEESE IT!
I ain't afraid of no pigs. *poker face*

Author Topic: The Planetary Construction Project v2: EVEN MORE PCP!  (Read 24550 times)

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
Re: The Planetary Construction Project v2: EVEN MORE PCP!
« Reply #345 on: March 03, 2011, 03:54:57 pm »
The Runjian

City Profile

Name: Veruk
Founded: Year 100
Population: ~7000
Dominant Culture: Runxu
Name of Inhabitants: Runjian

Language: Runxigo is an isolating-agglutinating language. The basic sentence order is in Verb-Subject-Object, while the extended order is Verb-Subject-Place-Object-Time. The writing system, advanced for its time, is an 'abjad,' used by the high clerics to write down procedures for religious ceremony. The direction for writing is right to left.

Consonants:
m, p, b, s, z, t, d, sh, zh, ch, j, x, gh, f, v, k, g, h, hh, r, rr, n

Vowels:
i, y, ɯ, ɑ, a, ə, e, u

Example words:

In reading order: Runxu, Runjian, Tsuk, Taihi, Veruk

Example sentence:

Tsuk protects Veruk. (Protects Tsuk Objective-noun Veruk)

Architecture: The structures of Veruk (and the surrounding cities) are a mixture of stone and wood, which are mainly short, squat structures that are round in their design. The circle, and the variations of this, are common in Runjian architecture, most likely the side effect of the religion they worship. This also carries over into city planning. Oftentimes, the cities (Veruk is no exception) of the Runjian are laid out in a circular pattern. At the center is a structure that holds much importance for the people. In the case of Veruk, this structure is a large stone obelisk that is much taller than any of the surrounding structures. It is so tall, that it actually protrudes higher than the jungle canopy.

Food: The Runjian live the settled life, and rely on agriculture as their main source of food. There farms are setup much in the same way their cities are. Slash and burn techniques clear large circles for cultivation, leaving behind nutrient rich soil. There are various fruits that grow in the jungles surrounding Veluk, most of which the Runjian cultivate. The main grain they harvest is rice, which is abundant in the jungles.
Over time, the Runjian have domesticated the water buffalo, which they use as their primary source of meat. At the same time, these animals are often used in labor projects, mainly for carrying cargo from village to village.

Leadership: The Runjian are ruled by a hierarchy of priests and priestesses that claim to have the power to speak to the gods. This may well be true, especially given the fact that they are able to read and write the script found on the monuments and temples dedicated to the gods. This divine insight allows these leaders to effectively establish their rule over the Runjian people. Who would not be happy when they have the gods on their side?

Religion/Culture: The religion of the Runjian consists of offerings to the obelisk-god, which houses the deity that protects the area around it. Offerings consist of rare fruits from deep in the jungle. These are done at high noon during the full moon. As such, the gods within the obelisks are considered the sons and daughters of the moon (masculine), named Tsuk, and the sun (feminine), named Taihi.

Technology: The Runjian are skilled in the art of masonry, as suggested by the obelisks they construct, as well as the houses they dwell in. Alongside this, the Runjian were one of the first civilizations to develop a written language, which were often inscribed in the stones of their structures. This was normally limited to a certain segment of the population though, and not everyone was expected, or even allowed to become fluent in the written language.

War: The Runjian are generally peaceful people, but when war is necessary, they do not stand down from it. Actual close combat is hard to come by in the jungle, and ranged weapons have dominated the battlefield in the past. Because of this, most of the tribes of this region (including the Runjian) prefer bow and arrows to clubs or spears. That's not to say they don't use them, but from the tactical standpoint, the Runjian are more likely to strike from a distance rather than get up close and personal.
Even still, the Runjian are known to enter battle with small circular shields made from hardened wood. These are often decorated with various colors which signify a person's rank in the military hierarchy. The more vibrant the color, the higher up that person is. The 'general' of war party can easily be identified from their colorful shield, and whether or not it has any animals parts on it (feathers, teeth, claws, etc.).

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #346 on: March 03, 2011, 05:34:27 pm »
Dude... what the heck?

I didn't expect you guys to do that much work! AWESOME!!!! :D

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #347 on: March 03, 2011, 05:38:10 pm »
Well, you know, when work is fun, is it really work? :)

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #348 on: March 03, 2011, 06:10:21 pm »
Greek letters, Greek letters everywhere. Also Arabic and Indo-European and runes without UCS equivalents.

C Ω Ω ن‎ ن‎ // \\  ʌ  ʌ Б Б [] [] [] [] ☐ ☐ ᛋ ᛋ
       "  "   "       "     "                  "     "
« Last Edit: March 03, 2011, 06:29:10 pm by Brandonazz »

Offline Watcher in the Puddle

• Mystery House Madman
  • Ad infinitum
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 04, 2011, 06:54:25 am »
I may not be part of this, but I'm still enjoying this! But how do stages progress?
In a game like this you cannot win, only lose more slowly

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #350 on: March 04, 2011, 11:34:36 am »
When the group decides they wan to move forward, we advance.

Stage 2 begins on Saturday.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #351 on: March 04, 2011, 02:04:40 pm »
I know at least two groups have posted their two, and there were a couple others. Hurry up guys!

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #352 on: March 16, 2011, 03:29:21 pm »
Wow! I am really impressed with you guys. If i was not so busy I would want to join this. Great work you guys!  ;D