Author Topic: Spoils of Foundry - Something Somewhat Different  (Read 1146 times)

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
Spoils of Foundry - Something Somewhat Different
« on: February 04, 2011, 11:59:45 pm »
Ok, idea here is this is that we play a design company for vehicles and stuff like that. And our customers will be sending us requests for designs. They may be military, could be construction, we won't know till we get it :D. I'm not setting a specific time period but it's rather futuristic so walkers, hovering aircraft, and things like that are ok.
In essence, you guys will be brainstorming what could end up being the best designs for the job. You could suggest the entire vehicle, or a single, specific system, I really don't care, however much you imput is your choice. And nothing too insane, please :P.
Some other information: In some cases there will be some upper caps we may need to abide by in which case I will provide any necessary information, as well as accompanying statistics for what will get the most for the money.

Our first job:
The Randall milita has requested a design for a lightweight, fast vehicle able to cover all terrain. Means we're looking at either hovercraft or amphibious. They left the weapons up to us, but they requested something rapid fire, as well as a marker-sensor system. So let's get the design team on it!

*mind you, I'm making this in DoGA*

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
Re: Spoils of Foundry - Something Somewhat Different
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 08:00:47 am »
Hmm... Can't the hovercraft also go on water since it floats, or is this the ye oldie type of hovercraft we're talking about?
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 09:38:36 am »
Yeah, hovercraft can go on water.
Deciding between hovercraft and amphibious, the trade off is hovercraft are faster, but have to be lightly armed and/or armored. Amphibious vehicles can come close to being tanks, but they won't get anywhere fast, especially in the water. So it's speed vs. survivability.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 07:36:34 pm »
Lets go with a hovercraft, they wanted a AT vehicle and a hovercraft can do that.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 07:39:41 pm »
I get the bad feeling this is going to die rather quick, with you being the only one playing.
Crap.
This could have been fun.

But in anycase, Ok, hovercraft. What weapons? What armour? Should the propulsion system be thrusters, a propeller, what?
(and you come up with this stuff by the way.)