Author Topic: The God RP  (Read 6308 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: The God RP
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2011, 07:09:27 pm »
There was a terrible explosion at Arthur's table and he was thrown into the air. A bolt of energy burst out of the ink ribbon and struck Arthur in the chest. For a few moments unseen force tried pulling on at the man from every direction, as if to tear him apart. Fortunately the effect was severely impaired and leapt from Arthur to the sniveling form of the Arbitrator. He let out a loud cry as the same tearing sensation came over him. At the same moment Abraxas was struck by an intense, screaming pain and he gripped his stolen throne with the strength of a thousand men, sending dozens of cracks across its surface. The same, horrible screaming sound filled the heavens as the god of Law felt the pain of death wash over him.

Back down on Earth, Arthur had clambered to his knees just in time to see the light around the ink ribbon falter and then vanish. The Arbitrator collapsed in a heap on the floor and began trembling violently. Elsewhere, Abraxas was freed from his sudden bout of pain and released his grip. Inzi peeked out from behind her fountain and uncovered her ears, looking nervously at the others in the room.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2011, 07:36:55 pm »
"Well now, this certainly is an interesting turn of events."  The acrid smell of cigar smoke wafted through the chamber as Chalybs appeared in his usual spot near Vockt.  "I apologize for my tardiness, but industry never rests."

The God of Industry nodded curtly to the other gods, the stern look on his face softening into an almost-smile as he came around to Inzi hiding behind the fountain.  Looking around to the others he retook his stern countenance as he spoke again.  "So then, I think we can safely say that this sordid business is not yet over.  I believe Abraxas has made an excellent point.  We are each only as powerful as the domain we oversee.  If a mortal has any means to strike at us, it is through there.  He would certainly know better than any of us in regards to this subject."
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2011, 03:03:14 pm »
As Abraxas' screams of pain and shock echoed around the hall. However, apart from jumping slightly at the suddenness of Abraxas' outburst, Vockt barely reacted at all, preferring to allow him to flail on the ground. Let the usurper deal with it himself, he is powerful enough to deal with this himself; show false concern once he's recovered. Vockt silently debated whether to also send some of his own servants to investigate Vulgo's destroyed remains - not Reyn himself, of course, but perhaps some hired goons to retrieve samples? Reyn would definitely have sleepless nights ahead.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
  • Blood for the Blood God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2011, 04:24:37 pm »
Areshek merely grinned and tipped his hat to Xenocrates as he passed, he could sense the hatred the God of Democracy had for him, however while Xenocrates hated him, Areshek loved Democracy, after all Democracy was where the God of Crime thrived. Vockt was another God Arashek liked, after all what would he do without him? Him and Xenocrates for that matter, it was all kind of like a vicious paradoxes cycle of symbiosis and parasitism, Xenocrates brought Democracy to a land, Vockt brought capitalism, which was accepted mostly by Democratic governments, and then the people who got screwed by capitalism? They came to Arashek, especially during a crash or a depression.

"Bloody Abyss." Areshek hissed softly as Abraxis began to flail about in his throne, he remained as he was however, as he was not in too much of a hurry to aid the God of Law.

Quote from: The Evil Overlords Handbook
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2011, 06:34:23 pm »
Salley Fox was sitting on her couch in the living room when she got an incoming message. Oddly enough the message didn't have an address and seemed to come out of nowhere. She knew an I.P. tracker wouldn't have helped solving the mystery either as she knew who it was.

: greetings mortal
: or sally, if you prefer
: i have a task for you
s-fox: And what would that task be?
: i need you to find someone and possibly also kill him
: he is... dangerous
: but you dont need to know more
: none of your mortal concerns

Salley has worked with her god for such a long time that she already knew his character and quirks. It was ironic, considering she felt like she was manipulating him more than the other way around. Over the time she learned how to retrieve information from him properly. Infact, as it shouldn't be too surprisiing, as the god of networks and subsequently the internet, Ched has a hard time withholding information. Whenever he tries to be secretive, deep down inside he just can't. The information just wants to leak, it needs to be brought into the public. Since he can't do it himself due to the strict ruleset for the gods to follow, Salley is the only outlet he can use. Just the right question, maybe just nudging a little bit might be enough to flood her with more information that she could ever get from a human.

s-fox: I need to find someone, but I am not allowed to know anything about said person?
: just look around a bit and search for unusual events
: i cant take care of everything you see?
s-fox: It shouldn't be hard searching for supernatural events.
: no not supernatural
: i mean manmade ones
: just unusual

Sometimes Salley wondered if other god agents treat her god the same way. She simply can't imagine a mortal pushing around a god about something more substantial, like the god of war. From what she gathered Ched seemed to be a newborn among gods and probably lacked the discipline or experience to act dignified. Salley considered that her advantage in the long run though.

: think explosions
: infact the one you should be looking out for is a big explosion of some kind
s-fox: Were people harmed?
: what do i care
: thats really the god of empathys domain
: vulgo the god of print died in the explosion
: none of the others yet know how
: but he did and its a real threat
: so you should go and find him before your patron god dies
<-System->  left the channel.

For Salley, that last sentence carried so much delicious irony, she could almost taste it. The optimal solution would be to find that mysterious god slayer in exactly the moment he kills her god. Maybe she is able to somehow kill him and take her god's... or maybe any god's place. The details have to be sorted out eventually, but she was never this close to actually put her plans into motion. She aquired so much during her life, and it would be a shame if her hard work would be wasted for a single human lifetime.

After Ched cut the connection with his agent, he decided to go ready to get to the meeting. He was late and infact didn't want to come anyway. He already knew what was going on, at least as much as the other gods did. His domain was networks, and as much as he disdains the other deities, he couldn't help but establishing one, for the sake of information flow.

However, he wasn't a big fan of Vulgo and didn't want to be accused of god murder... by proxy. Actually, deep inside he secretly wanted the other gods to suspect him of being capable of murdering a god. That would acknowledge his power and wit, which he never doubted to have.

He arrived at the meeting room late and it seemed everyone else was already there. He immediately spotted the gods that gathered around the table. It looked like a gathering of the gods of boring, if it weren't for Inzi. The most boring guy in the crowd was sitting in his chair and seemed to writhe in pain while everyone else was staring at him either shocked or concerned.

"Hey, did you just hear the news or did Sinima pull one of his silly antics again?"
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 06:52:06 pm by Flisch »
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2011, 09:02:38 pm »
Atrim wheezed as he lifted himself off the floor, slumping back to it a few times before recovering enough to push himself into a sitting position against the wall.  He shuddered again as the weapon's effects were pushed away and new life was drawn in.  That attack had cost him decades of hard won life.  It would take years to buy enough to replace it from mortals, even if he dropped his other projects.  Abraxas certainly wouldn't lift a finger for him, as far as his patron was concerned if you couldn't bargain enough to keep ahead of death you were no use anyways.

He blinked as something stung his eye and a hand shot up reflexively, coming away red.  Head damage on top of everything else.  It had taken ages to assemble a face that he'd liked, spoiled in an instant.  He hoped Arthur was pleased with whatever it was he'd...

His gaze traveled over Arthur to find him face down in a pool of blood.  That wouldn't do, Abraxas would be furious if the favorite died.  But that didn't mean he couldn't get something out of it.

"The ribbon."  Atrim's voice somehow managed to be more obnoxious than usual through the haze filling Arthur's mind.

"W...What?"

"The ink ribbon in exchange for enough life to last you a decade," Atrim said, punctuated by a small cough.  It was satisfying to know the Abitrator had taken a hit too.  Had to be something special if he was still recovering.  Like hell he was putting something like that in pest's hands.

"Not...  On your life"

"Nope.  On yours.  You've got a day, tops, even if an ambulance does get here in time.  Twenty four hours to death," he added, leaving no wriggle room.

A dilemma.  He was dying, Atrim's word was proof of that.  The property of the dead was forfeit unless specifically left in a will, which the ribbon was not.  He might be able to pass the ribbon off to another agent, but...  "Promise not...  To use it."

"I swear that I will not wield it."

"Deal."  Arthur felt himself grow stronger even as the word left his mouth, flesh knitting and blood replenishing.  Later, he would try to remember exactly what the bargain had been, but the haze of death over his mind at the time would keep it ever insubstantial.

Atrim plucked the ribbon off the ground and examined it for a moment.  There was a waver of red light again.  "No."  He stated, the word reverberating with power.  Possession was nine tenths of the law, and what an Arbitrator owned was theirs absolutely, never to be stolen or turned against them unless they gave it away.  The red light died down and he grinned wide.  It was weaker than it had been a moment ago, much weaker.  But even diminished, even if he could not use it himself, it was perhaps the most valuable thing in the gods' domain.

"It is good," Abraxas said, rising stiffly from the floor, "to know where we stand with each other."  He glared at each god in turn.  "You know, I came here willing to work with you, bargain away some of my knowledge and power to make sure we all came out of this safe.  But I guess that deal's off the table now."

"I guess that there's just no respect for familly," he said with eyes on Areshek.

"Or love for the greater good," he told Xenocrates.

"No investment in the future?"  He asked Vockt.

He slumped back into his throne, stone rumbling as it crumbled slightly at the touch.  "I wonder," he added thoughtfully, "who's next?"  With that he leaned back and watched in silence.  Let the idiots come crawling back once they realized just what they stood to lose.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 09:04:30 pm by Neoadept »
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2011, 09:38:44 pm »
Sinima looked with interest at the events that were unfolding around him. His mustache began to twitch as he sensed the anger pour out from the god of law. He felt he was rather unrelated to the god, but Sinima was not one to particularly want to draw the ire of any god un-related and non-threatening to his domain. Why have more enemies then you have to? Though, the current situation was one of... entertainment.

The music in the room quickly changed from that of suspense to that of a more light mood. "Well, Ched, I assure you, as much as i applaud the value and rarity of such events, I did not orchestrate this. Such a series of events like this is of course well within my nature to carry out... Well, I am almost disappointed I didn't think of it first. Seems no one is sure what, is going on..." Sinima gave a sly grin, his evil appearance lending itself well to the moment.

Sinima then wrung his hands together and cackled, "Seems things are getting interesting! Here I thought this century was going to be dull! Ha!" A fog began to envelope him, the music in the room turning to an eerie, evil tune. With a maniacal laugh the god of cinema called out from behind the fog, "Well. Hope I'm not next, eh?" With that, he vanished from the room.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 09:41:27 pm by eropS »
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2011, 10:23:28 pm »
Elsewhere...

A middle-aged, balding man sat at an aging partners' desk in the bowels of a deteriorating estate outside the city. An otherworldly glow surrounded his inert form and he stared blankly at a cockeyed portrait on the other side of the room. Looking back at him was a muscular man standing atop a steam locomotive that appeared to be racing through a world of golden machines and scantily-clad angels. In the man's hand was a silver sword that radiated white light, the same light that illuminated the man and the room around him. Three objects sat on the man's desk and a small clear patch in the thick dust that matted the marble surface indicated that until recently, there had been a fourth. From left to right the objects were:

A coin with four names etched into it, "Vockt" being at the center in the largest letters.
A piece of parchment with four names scrawled down, "Abraxas" carrying the most weight.
A cog with four large teeth, each one bearing a name but with the most time and effort being put into "Chalybs".

The man's blank eyes fluttered and he seemed to come back to reality. Grumbling slightly, he looked down and hovered over the three remaining objects for a moment. A thousand thoughts raced through his mind, many of them not his own. In the end, a loud and clear voice cried out from within him, urging him to decide.

"Chalybs was our partner and our friend... we made him strong and in return he made us strong. Then he turned against us, deciding instead to follow the god-traitor, Abraxas. And he struck us down with his cruelest laws, laws that would make mighty goddess Death avert her gaze! Treachery has proven to be law's successor and no finer example exists than Vockt. Vockt, the god of greed. Vockt, the god of profit. Vockt, the god that puts Abraxas' duplicitous nature to shame! Go now, my child! Strike down the original traitor! Make Vockt suffer as I have and show him true pain!!"

There was a loud crack as the man's hand slammed down around the coin. He gripped it tightly and immediately made for the door.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2011, 10:27:44 pm »
Xenocrates rolled his eyes, muttering just loud enough for the others to hear, "Overly dramatic fool, Sinima is." He hadn't felt particularly perturbed by Abraxas' little incident, other than shocked that another God was affected so soon, "Well, hey, you're not dead now, Abraxas, be happy because of that. I highly doubt any one of us would've been able to save you if your fate had been to die. Trying to help you might have led to our own deaths. I'd expect the same reaction from you, Abraxas, if I were crumpled over in pain."

Xenocrates began to slowly walk around the room, "Anyway, this is crucial information. It means either it takes more than one hit of this weapon to kill strong Gods, or perhaps this second weapon simply wasn't built as strong as the one that took down Vulgo. I'm hoping it's the former... If so, we might have time to prevent a second strike against one of us, which could be the finishing blow, if we react quickly enough. And, since we now have a survivor with first-hand experience, we may have more... information... about the attacker?" He eyed Abraxas closely, trying to read if the God had discovered anything new during the incident.

Once he had made a full circle around the room, he stopped once more at his spot, and spoke, "To divide now would be foolhardy. This meeting was convened for cooperation, it should be concluded with cooperation. Our attacker has the ability to strike down a God. We do not know him, or her. They may be mortal, or a Demi-God. Chances are they somehow have access to some fractured piece of Godly power, obtained through unknown means. We do not know their next target, but we can guess based on his first: Vulgo. The attacker hit the God of Print first. My guess is that those related to Print are in danger." He nodded towards Abraxas, "If Abraxas was hit, then we can assume that those connected to Abraxas and Vulgo are in danger." He pointed to himself, "Including myself."

Xenocrates closed his eyes for a moment, pondering his words carefully, "Our attacker seems to have something against the government in general, I believe. He or she is angry about our actions, wants to make the Gods pay for what they've done. He or she was affected by the Gods in some way, perhaps one of us broke apart their family or killed a friend or loved one, who knows. But we know for sure that they'll go to any lengths to kill their targets, any lengths to make a point. Anger, while a great motivator, also clouds the mind." He hit his stick against the floor loudly, making absolutely sure everyone was paying attention, "I propose we set try to set a trap for this assailant, give him or her a target that they can't resist, and wait, while guarding our other sites. A trap seems the best option at the moment. They probably want to do the most damage with the least effort, and are probably too angry to realize what's going on, before one of our agents moves and takes them down. Opinions?"

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2011, 07:37:56 am »
"Xenocrates, are you suggesting we use one of our own agents as bait?" said Vockt, who scowled at the thought of such a thing, "My own man is unhappy enough with our arrangement without martyrdom on his job description. And I do not want to lose a century's worth of experience!"

Vockt shook his head, trying to make sense of the situation, "Perhaps you are right, however. Until then, I am repositioning my agent into hiding, in some secluded corner of the world, and I would suggest you all do the same". He rose from his chair, and faced Xenocrates.

"I am far more concerned with the face that mortals have the ability to murder us. Or more importantly, why. I can understand why they would target Abraxas, and some mortals hate me; but Vulgo? Why would a mortal target a God of Print? It's possible that a mortal wants to wipe us out; but why would attacking a still fairly powerful Deity, yet one not powerful enough to have a significant affect on the others, be an attractive first target? Why not Abraxas first, as he is possibly one of the strongest among us, rather than second?"

He turned away from Xenocrates, "I am probably the next at risk, Law and Print are the two, or at least were the two, biggest factors in my power. And without me, many of you will wither away and die as well" he said, eyeing Chalybs ever so slightly.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2011, 08:08:52 am »
"I am with the Greek on this one." spoke Chalybs as he thoughtfully rolled his cigar between his fingers.  "Without any more information than we currently have, our best option is collaboration.  It is clear their intent in targeting Vulgo was to send a message, a warning if you will."

Slowly rising from his seat, he glanced around the table. "We will construct a trap, one they cannot and will not resist."  Turning to Vockt, he continued.  "Hesitant as you are to paint a target on your back, you have already done so my friend.  Your recent work with President Waheed will garner great publicity, and will not go unnoticed by our assailant.  If you are so reluctant to risk your agent, then allow my pawn to take the brunt of the assult."

"The oil deposit in the region is my domain regardless.  I will command my pawn to begin its development immediately.  An underconstruction oil rig is an accident waiting to happen.  Our assailant will make a move on it, and when they do we will be prepared."
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2011, 05:12:52 pm »
While the other gods talked, Ched slowly walked to his seat. It was not a throne like most of the others. Instead it was a swivel chair, however its shape and ornamentation fit into the exalted architecture of the room and didn't seem to be out of place.

As Ched was sitting down he listened closely to the discussion. He wondered why only so few gods showed up. Sure, the elder gods weren't concerned as much as their domain was far too powerful or interweaved too closely to mankind's fate that it was near impossible for them to die, but then again, they thought that about every god up until recently. However, there were lots of lesser deities, who didn't show up. Did they do their own thing? Did they simply not care? That would be a foolish thing. If that weapon was made by a mortal it would spread across the globe like any new techology. The alternative however made Ched shiver even more. What if it was made by another god? What if... a god has gone rogue? Is that even possible? Lot's of questions circled in Ched's head back and forth.

As soon as there was a small break between the other gods' words, he raised his voice.

"What if that person didn't kill Vulgo because he wanted to see him dead? What if it was merely a test run? He didn't manage to kill Abraxas, did he? Maybe he is still figuring out how to wield it properly..."
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2011, 07:50:25 pm »
Inzi had snuck out of the meeting shortly after Abraxas' episode. She hoped he was okay but couldn't stand to be in the room any longer. Instead she decided to make her way back to the main courtyard but had managed to get herself lost once more. She didn't realize her mistake until a large statue of the elder gods blocked her path. Pursing her lips, Inzi made an abrupt left turn and found herself in a hall filled with portraits and statues of the divine. This was the correct way, she'd find the entrance on the other side. With a spring in her step, the young goddess hurried across the hall. She wasn't a fan of this room, it was kind of creepy what with all those eyes stating back. Still, as she ran she spied a few familiar faces.

A large sculpture of Sinima stood prominently in the center of the room and swiveled such that it was always facing the viewer. Inzi oftentimes wondered what was on the back of the statue but wasn't fast enough to catch a glimpse. There was a large portrait of Amoverus, the god of monopolies hanging over a silent fireplace. Inzi had met him once back when she was very young but otherwise he seemed to skip the meetings, too. Vulgo's portrait sat on a small easel along with a note written by the god himself. A small candle burned solemnly by the easel and several flowers had been laid nearby. Hanging over the far door was a bust of Liquidus, goddess of water. She was one of those types that people hadn't seen or heard from in centuries. An ancient god, for sure, Liquidus was thought to have shied away from the heavens as her powered dwindled. There were rumors though that she was in regular contact with the elder gods but to what end was a mystery.

Giving the door a large push, Inzi found herself back outside in the main courtyard. She smiled to herself and marched past a small monument commemorating the elder gods, en route to the exit.

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
  • Blood for the Blood God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2011, 01:09:58 pm »
Areshek reach into his coat and pulled out a large and extravagant looking cigar, the type that only a God could ever smoke. "Well Abraxas you aren’t swimming with the fishes yet are ya?" He said as lighted it "Besides, you would probably be even more pissed at me if I somehow made it worse as our Democratic friend here said." He continued as he puffed out smoke from the cigar.

"Since it looks like we are going for a trap, and our dear master of industry Chalybs has volunteered to set the stage, I could easily provide a few individuals to aid in carrying out the hit. Best part? We can easily make it all look like some type of accident, which I believe Chalyb may have been going for?"
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 02:14:19 pm by SimplyNecro »
Quote from: The Evil Overlords Handbook
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2011, 04:34:38 pm »
"If you're going to stab me in the back," Abraxas said with a glare, "you should at least have the decency to be ashamed when I survive.  Don't pretend for a second that your inaction was an attempt to be helpful.  You saw an opportunity to let an inconvenience vanish, and you took it, and since it turns out not to have worked you seem to be worried about what kind of enemy you might have made.  And trust me, there will be a reckoning."  He let his glare wash over them for a few moments longer before the corner of his mouth flicked upward in a malevolent grin.

"But, for the moment, I still think we have bigger bills to veto.  And since it isn't my hand under the gavel, I believe I can put forth an Arbitrator to assist.  Should our enemy prove to be resistant to...  Conventional means, we will attempt to bind him by his own words."
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.