Author Topic: The God RP  (Read 6310 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
The God RP
« on: February 04, 2011, 08:32:50 pm »
The God RP
OOC

Welcome to a world of science and technology where a god from the machine isn't as far-fetched as it seems. From high atop their perch in the heavens, the gods rule Earth and everything on it. They fight, struggle, wheel, and deal in an effort to increase their divine power and minimize that of their rivals. Alliances are forged and feuds run red hot as the mortal realm is tugged at from all angles for every last bit of control. And trapped in the middle of it all is you, the mortal representative of an all-powerful god. Your job is to make sure things go well for a god on Earth and you may accomplish this by any means necessary. The gods depend on people like you to take care of the sticky day-to-day business and have no problem replacing you should things go awry. So don't mess up!

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: The God RP
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2011, 01:05:20 pm »
High atop the heavens, away from Earth and the insignificant machinations of the "new" gods, the three elder gods of Death, Love, and War sat around their table and watched the events far blow. The god of War looked over to the god of Love and smiled.

"That little human isn't supposed to be there, is he?"

"No... I suppose not."

"He's angry! Can you feel it? Let's hear what he's thinking..."

There was a flicker of light above the table and the smoky outline of the man appeared. The gods of Love and War leaned in close to listen to the man's thoughts; meanwhile, the goddess of Death sat back in her chair and simply stared at him. He was terribly normal-looking and balding slightly. His surroundings were unclear but it appeared to be an industrial site of some stripe. A small red light flashed in his right hand as he walked toward the front gate to leave. And then his thoughts began to pour out, echoing around the small chamber where the elder gods resided.

"This is just the first of many. The gods will pay for what they've done. Chalybs and Vockt won't be able to ignore this! And their lapdog Abraxas... swift justice indeed."

"He truly has gone mad, it seems. Silly mortals!"

"That location belongs to Vulgo's servant. What could he possibly be doing there?"

"He's mad! It could be anything. Either way, it doesn't mater. He's just a morta-"

The smoky image of the man was blown apart and a loud shriek pierced the heavens. Rising from their chairs, the elder gods walked over to a small balcony and looked out. A long, red trail of light was streaking across the plane becoming more and more faint as pieces of it fell away. It bobbed and weaved frantically as if to try to escape some foul peril. Spying the elder gods, the red blaze rushed toward them as it became smaller and smaller. It cried out in pain and tried to appeal to the elders but it was already too late. Extending her hand, the goddess of Death caught the last remnant of the fading light and clenched her fist around it. When she opened her fingers all that remained was a charred black pebble. Death turned her hand and let the pebble fall over the balcony, into oblivion where it landed amongst a billion others just like it. Love and War looked to Death with a twinge of worry.

"Inconceivable!"

"Vulgo..."

"... is dead. Killed by mortal hands."

Death turned her head and watched the ghostly form of the mortal man reappear above the table. She approached the scene regarded it with interest. It had been a long time since a mortal had bested a god, especially one as powerful as Vulgo, the god of print. It was a situation that would need to be moderated. The elder gods had a rule about interfering with the mortal realm. It would be up to the younger gods to deal with this threat. And if they failed, then maybe the elders would act... maybe. So the elder gods returned to their chairs and watched as the events below unfolded. A great challenge had just been handed to the young gods with the ultimate prize on the line.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2011, 06:31:16 pm »
Mr. Woodholly awoke from his dream filled slumber. The ideas that poured into his mind were plentiful, and escaped in full force within his dreams, and his films. The light was shining perfectly into his grand suite as he got out of his bed and dawned his suit. He decided some 1940's pinstripes would be his thing today, with a bowler hat to top it off. Today was a worrisome day in some respects, and so he felt that he must remain intimidating to those who may want to be forward towards him. Vulgo had been vanquished, the god of print was no ally to Sinima, but he was certainly no enemy either. Mr. Woodholly was well aware that print and cinema had always had a mutually beneficial relationship, and with the death of Vulgo, he feared that would be a slight blow to the power of Sinima. Nothing a bit of flare couldn't fix.

He emerged on the bottom floor of the Oasis Suites, the most luxurious, most notable building in the city, and snapped his fingers. Immediately the birds around him began to sing in harmony, their tune able to be heard by all around. He had much business to be done, and yet he had few ideas where to start. However, like all good screenplays, and all good films, the best beginning is one in which the path ahead is unknown to the audience.

With a slight bump in his step, he muttered, "Oh the times, they are a'changin."
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2011, 08:03:36 pm »
Catherine Xavier Black had had a sleepless night. She stared out of the massive window of her apartment, watching the sun rise. She hadn't bothered to get ready, and besides, it was a rarity that she was ever up to see the sunrise. Catherine had been haunted by dreams of death, of war, so intense that she'd wake up moments after falling asleep.

She walked over to her espresso machine, after turning her computer on. She didn't own a television, believing it featured only ridiculous junk and wasn't worth it, especially the "news". A few minutes later, she was quietly sipping coffee and surfing the net before she'd get ready and head for breakfast. The Internet told her things in the world were still as violent as ever, possibly more so, and crime was rising in the city, causing her to sigh in frustration. She'd entered politics to help the world, but she wasn't climbing the ladder fast enough.

Half an hour later, Ms. Black strode out of the front door of her apartment complex. As she walked to Larry's, the breakfast restaurant she regularly visited, she noticed a homeless old man with a massive white beard sitting against the corner of her complex, asking people who passed for change. No one seemed to give him any mind, and walked right on by, annoying Catherine.

Every minute yielded more evidence of the slow decline of mankind, but she stopped by the old man and smiled, "How are you, sir?" The old man smiled as he looked up, "I'm alright, mam, though I'm too sure about you, Ms. Black." Catherine's smile grew larger, it was always nice to meet a supporter. Before she could speak, a thought occurred to her, and she asked, "Hey, would you like to eat breakfast with me? I'm going down to Larry's, you can eat whatever you want, on me." The homeless man slowly got his feet, leaning slightly on an ancient-looking walking stick, "That idea is quite appealing, Ms. Black. I shall join you. Please, lead the way." He motioned onward, a big white-toothed smile on his face.

As they walked to Larry's, the pair talked about a huge number of topics. Catherine found him to be incredibly wise and full of knowledge, almost unusually so, especially for a homeless man. She even found herself hanging on his every word, and would've passed Larry's if the man hadn't have stopped and pointed out that they'd arrived. When they ordered, the old man asked for nothing but a glass of water, which was even more peculiar for a man who had been begging for change just minutes ago.

Catherine stopped eating for a moment, "Who are you, exactly? You don't seem like the kind of man who would be homeless." He smiled for a moment and took a drink of his water, "Bleh... the things they put in water these days. Anyway, my name is Xenocrates, it's Greek, look it up if you want. You could say I was a Philosophy major in college, and you can see where that got me." He laughed at his little joke, "But you can just consider me to be a crazy old man, with a false name, if you want." Catherine blinked, realizing he'd anticipated her thoughts, "Hmm, well, if you're crazy, you're the interesting kind of crazy, Mr. 'Xenocrates,' if that's your real name." The old man nodded, "I assure you it is."

Suddenly, he stretched a hand across the table, "I'd like to become your friend, Ms. Black, if that's alright with you." Catherine politely shook his hand, "Of course, Xenocrates, of course. I wouldn't have it any other way. It's rare to meet someone so wise and knowledgeable." She then realized that she'd eaten all her food, and felt a wave of unhappiness sweep over her at having to go to work now, leaving this man. At that moment, Xenocrates pulled a card out of his ragged jacket and put it in front of her. It had only a phone number written on it, 936-627-2837. Catherine put the card in her own, much nicer, jacket, as he said, "You can always reach me at that number, always. Trust me, I don't mind the conversation, it's boring where I live. The people there are annoying, to be honest." He laughed at his joke, knowing the truth behind it.

Catherine smiled, "Well, I really have to go, unfortunately. It's been incredibly interesting talking with you, Xenocrates." She giggled suddenly at the name but quickly restrained herself. They both got up, and left the restaurant. Just outside the door, they shook hands once more, the old man saying, "Have a nice day, Catherine Xavier Black, and may your God bless you and keep you safe." He smiled warmly, knowing that she laughed internally at this statement, and blew it off. She said her own goodbye and headed off, not looking back. Not that there was anything to look back at, as the old man had disappeared, and no one in the crowd had noticed the disappearance of the repulsive old beggar as they rushed by.

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2011, 10:21:02 pm »
Arthur frowned as he straightened his tie in the mirror.  He'd been up before sunrise, as was his habit, and already had a feeling that today wouldn't be a good one.  There was no one trigger, rather it was a collective, the shade of the dawn sky, the weight of the air, the feeling that he was being watched.

Admittedly, that last wasn't particularly unusual.  He'd been in a staring contest with the abyss for over three decades, and so far neither had blinked.

His contemplation was interrupted by a movement in his mirror.  In a moment he'd spun about, lifting something small from his pocket and holding it before him as he faced the intruder.  He might have looked ridiculous holding a matchbox car like some kind of talisman, but there were only so many things that could possibly enter his home unannounced.  The words "fine, I won't touch your stupid car" rose from his memory, spoken in the high, childlike voice Atrim had used all those years ago.  It was physically impossible for an Arbitrator to break it's word, and the results could be...  Messy if the issue was pushed.

He was met with a pair of pleasant surprises and a thoroughly unsettling revelation.  First, he found that the intruder was not actually in his home, meaning that his precautions hadn't been wantonly violated.  Second, it was not the insufferable Atrim.

Finally, he observed that Abraxas himself seemed to be hovering just outside his window, expression impossibly between boredom and mischief.  With an annoyed gesture, the deity motioned for the window to be opened.  Arthur considered this for a moment before seizing a notepad and writing out this is not an invitation, and pushed the paper against the glass.  The god rolled his eyes and nodded.

He'd rather not take the risk of opening his apartment to an agent of Law.  Against Atrim he absolutely wouldn't have.  Nevertheless, he grudgingly lifted the pane.  Gods had a tendency towards disproportionate response to the smallest offense, and he was already one of Abraxas' favorite playthings.

"Vulgo is dead," the deity announced without ceremony.  Arthur's eyebrows shot up a fraction of an inch in response, his posture tensing minutely.  To most the change would be barely noticeable, but the two had sparred for so long that the change spoke volumes.  "And, if I'm reading you right, you didn't know anything about it," he went on, shifting away from the blunt speech to his more common pattern saturated with qualifiers that made sure nothing said was actually binding.

"And I suppose you want something done about it?"  Arthur returned, likewise avoiding any promise or invitation.

The edge of Abraxas' lip merely twitched upward in subtle amusement.  The expression said I'm manipulating you.  You know I'm manipulating you.  But you'll do what I want because it's still in your best interest.

Moments later, Abraxas was descending to the streets below, fuming beneath his impish exterior.  First off, the flight trick had taken a completely disproportionate amount of effort to pull off, involving strength from a dozen bulls, a pigeon, and the grace and balance of a world class dancer.  That last had been particularly hard to obtain, he reflected as he stepped lightly off the small bird's back, but at least it was being used on him, personally.  The bird itself would probably wreak havoc with it's new impossible strength, but it wasn't something he could easily revoke.  And all this was ignoring what Inzi might think about it.  It was maddeningly hard to predict the flighty god.

Second, he had been hoping that the DDI was behind the attack.  He supposed it might still be, merely from a portion not associated with Arthur, but it seemed unlikely.  He hadn't exactly loved Vulgo, but neither had they been enemies.  Printed contracts were a happy meeting point between the two of them.

Finally, he was, at the core of his being, terrified.  He knew better than anyone that a mortal could undo a god, and the knowledge that someone was at it was deeply disconcerting, especially when they'd done it without preamble as far as he could discover.  His own attempt had been the culmination of centuries of labor.  And that was the source of the rage that very nearly overcame the fear.  He'd gone through all those years of servitude and manipulation specifically so that he wouldn't have to deal with such petty things as death.  He was supposed to be immortal, dammit!

The thought, carried with the force of the divine, immediately hurt the odds of every living thing in the vicinity as far as an afterlife was concerned as he turned into a narrow alley.  As soon as there were no eyes upon, he vanished as if he'd never been there to begin with.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2011, 10:43:15 am »

"Thank you, President. You've made the right decision. I'll make the call right to my colleagues now. I look forward to- Yes. Goodbye and good luck in the future."

Reyd immediately pocketed his phone; now feeling satisfied with his work, opened the blinds on his office window. The cityscape shined just as it did every night - like the stars in the sky that it made invisible. He rubbed his eyes, not out of tiredness but out of relief of his hard work that had consumed him for the last 3 months. Still, he was not entirely happy - if Vockt wasn't right about this then it was Reyn's life on the line.

"Good evening, Mr. Reyn" said a voice behind him. Reyn didn't turn from his window, but raised his hand in welcome to his master.
"Good evening, Vockt" Reyn replied, in a bored sort of way, as if meeting the embodiment of capitalism and wealth was a common occurrence, "You are sure that Xenocrates...?"
"President Waheed is a President in name only. Democracy has no more a say in this matter than Sinima has. Besides, I doubt Xenocrates will be opposed to the opening up of a dictator's market to the rest of the world. This is a different matter to if you were, say, bribing half of the government of the US." replied Vockt, quickly and with a sound of urgency.
"But you don't care, do you?"
"No. The matter of freedom is not ours to worry about. Our concern is if people are making a profit, and the opening up of a huge undersea oil deposit to the international market will do that."
"If you say so..." said Reyn, still unsure if all the bribes, backstabs and general corruption he had orchestrated would not incur the wrath of Democracy's servants.

Reyn turned around and sat at his desk, facing his master. Vockt always reminded him of the capitalists of old, with their top hats and monocles - indeed, on their very first meeting almost two thirds of a century ago Vockt did wear those. Though as the century progressed, Vockt exchanged them for hands free telephone and a pair of sleek, designer sunglasses.
"Mr. Reyn, there is a specific reason why I have come for you today. A God has left this realm."
This was unsurprising to Reyn, in these modern times many old figures of worship faded away due to lack of interest or worse, becoming mundane and average.
"Was it the God of Sail, or the God of Theatre? I had always suspected that the mortals were becoming more complace-"
"He did not become irrelevant, Mr. Reyn. He was murdered. The God of Print, Vulgo, is no longer with us."
Reyn stood up in a panicked and sudden manner. "Vulgo?! But business depends on print to record documents, and to-"
"You know as well as I do that business uses networks far more than it does paper, Ched was far more my ally than Vulgo is. Sit down, Joseph."
And he did.
Vockt continued, "This does not concern me because it has affected my power. This concerns me because this was not the doing of another God. This was the doing of a mortal man."
"A mortal-?"
"Yes. And if they can kill one of our own, then who is to say they will not strike again?", Vockt said, in a more worried tone.
"What are you suggesting I do? Try and take care of this man? Eliminate him?"
"I will speak with my colleagues, Mr. Reyn. I will speak with Abraxas and Chalybs, and see if we can come up with a course of action."

Vockt picked up his suitcase and stood up, walking towards the window, about to return to the world of the Gods and once again leave Reyn to fend for himself.

"And don't get too caught up about Vulgo" said Vockt, to the now paling Reyn "We haven't been on speaking terms since 1997."

« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 01:59:56 pm by Plank of Wood »
the real saviour of this forum

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2011, 10:21:36 am »
Arthur Manray wandered through the burnt-out and vacant corridors of the James Vice Printing HQ. Up until several hours prior, the building had been bustling with activity in preparation for the next day's news. But at some point during the night the facility had been obliterated by some sort of explosion, killing everyone inside including Vulgo's servant and, apparently, the god himself. And this had sent waves throughout the community that Arthur was a part of. Gods weren't supposed to die like that, especially when they were still somewhat influential. Sure, Vulgo's power had dropped off significantly in recent years but he wasn't weak by any stretch of the imagination. A gust of wind blew past Arthur and he turned to see a skinny, young woman standing there. She was wearing short shorts and a tank top. Her feet clunked against the ground under the weight of her hiking boots and she lifted a pair of shiny goggles up into her frizzy blond hair. Smiling broadly, she waved and began to speak.

"How's it going, Arthur?"

"Inzi! Fancy seeing you here. I'm not sure how things are, actually. This Vulgo situation is a strange one. I don't suppose you know anything more?"

"Ah... nah, not really, no. They're holding a meeting which... oh, I guess I should probably be at that one. They can wait. And I'll let Abraxas expend all his words before I lay into him. That guy! Can you believe him? I mean, yeah, I'm not the god of birds or whatever but how about some courtesy. I'm like, fifty times closer to birds than he is. And another thing..."

Arthur was half-listening to Inzi and she rambled on. She had a tendency to do that. He poked through some rubble, causing a minor avalanche of debris. A few of the investigators on the scene looked up to see who had disturbed the site, but upon spotting Arthur and his overseer they knew not to bother. It wasn't like there was much to find laying around. Everything was either charred brick or the dust-like remnants of paper. But that in and of itself was a clue. There were no bodies to be found and the destruction stopped at a very specific point. Whatever had hit the site, it certainly wasn't man-made.

"So yeah, that's pretty much what I'm going to tell Abraxas when I see him. You think that'll work?"

"Oh... yeah absolutely! I'm sure he'll get the message. He's not exactly unreasonable. Just... you know... paranoid?"

"Yeah I guess. Well, hey I'm off to this meeting thing. Don't hang around here too long, it feels cold. And I'm not supposed to feel cold... so maybe there's still god-killing whatevers lingering about. Head out soon just in case... you know?"

"Of course. I won't stay much longer. I assume the others already know that this wasn't a normal mortal weapon that did this?"

"Pretty sure I remember hearing someone say something like that. Maybe. Guess we'll find out! So long!"

There was a whooshing sound and Inzi was gone, off to the realm of the gods to discuss what had happened. She landed unsteadily in a small plaza somewhere in the heavens and looked around to catch her bearings. It was still a bit of a chore to remember where everything was, what with being so new. Then again, the meeting room was one of the biggest buildings around, aside from the super-creepy elder gods' tower. Finding the correct path, Inzi hurried off to the gathering spot.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 01:47:56 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2011, 12:17:00 pm »
"Copilot on the third floor, do not engage," Arthur said into the microphone clipped to his collar as he returned his gaze to the damage on the ground floor.  Something you learned early in this business was that names had power, and you avoided using them when you could.  Gods and their servants could get away with it, but the average mortal mentioning a god by name could attract attention.  Even mentioning a mortal agent could invoke something.  So the DDI used codes and false names.  Copilots, lawyers, secretaries, aides, actors, and a dozen others.

One less, after today.

The DDI had no great love for the gods, but neither had they ever tried killing them.  There were too many variables.  If killing an idea killed a god, was the opposite true?  Would the loss of Vulgo bring about the end of the written word?  Too soon to say.  Maybe, if nothing happened, they could consider similar attempts, but even then he didn't like it.  There had always been gods.  If these were killed, what would replace them?  He wasn't sure he wanted to find out.

He pushed a toe through the ash at his feet, tipping his sunglasses down to get a better look.  It was all paper ash, all burned to a fine, gray dust.  All of it.  That wasn't natural, in any normal fire you'd get bits that were still intact, lifted away by the heat, and even what burned would leave behind crisp, fragile flakes.  Explosions were the same, maybe a little better because the shock wave usually moved more paper before the heat could hit it.  Here, if any of the page had been it it was destroyed utterly, all or nothing.  Probably some kind of resonance with the god's death.

Or, he considered, a resonance with the weapon.  Maybe that was how it had gotten to Vulgo.  Something to look into.

His eye caught on a bright sliver of metal and he bent down, ash clinging to his plastic gloves as he lifted it away.  The canister to an ink ribbon, used as far as he could tell.  It went into a plastic bag and was tucked into a pocket before he turned his gaze back to the scene.

Abraxas lounged in his high backed chair at the meeting grounds of the gods.  He remembered claiming that chair, ages ago, after he'd struck down his patron and taken his power.  It had been incredible.  The feeling of being absolutely invulnerable, oaths and binds flowing through him like blood, the sudden addition of new senses, new knowledge.  It had been like suddenly seeing the world after spending a lifetime in a dark, silent cave, being able to see after feeling his way through muck for decades, fantastic warmth after an eternity of cold and damp.

Sometimes he pitied the other gods for never knowing that sensation of uplifting.  For them these fantastic powers and sensations were normal, mundane even.  It was one of the very few points of agreement he had with Xenocrates.

And, knowing exactly what he stood to lose, the thought shook him to the core.  What if the weapon didn't kill him?  What if it just made him mortal again?  He wasn't sure what was worse.

With such thoughts coursing through his mind, he spied Inzi entering the grand chamber and nodded bitterly.  "I suppose you've heard the news?"  He considered her for a fraction of a second before adding "has your boy found anything?"  Inzi might be an airhead, but Manray was clever.  A different sort of man might have seized the fledgling god's power years ago, but Abraxas had learned his lesson eons ago.  Suspecting everyone of being as calculating as you were could be just as bad as thinking you were the smartest god in the room.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2011, 01:55:18 pm »
Inzi smiled and looked up at Abraxas in his big chair. She never quite understood why he liked that chair so much. Probably some silly reason like showing off his status. Inzi wasn't really the "sit down" type and tended to wander around or at least remain in motion. Poking her finger into a fountain, she finally spoke up.

"The news... you mean about Vulgo or you mean about that poor little bird that accidentally pulled a tree out of the ground? I helped it out, by the way. It's back to its normal life now."

She paused for a moment, childlike in her hope to make a point.

"But I guess you're referring to Vulgo. We both took a look around and I didn't really see anything much but my Arthur said he thought the site looked like a god's work. Or at the very least, not a mortal's doing. I dunno, I didn't stay long. It felt weird there, all cold and stuff. I had to get away. Thought there was going to be a meeting here so I stopped by... figured the occasion was important enough to make an appearance, you know?"

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
  • Blood for the Blood God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2011, 02:10:36 pm »

"So, we once again come for our little group therapy session." The man at the head of the round table said, earning a slight chuckle from the others. The room was an elegant one, a type of classic charm you rarely found nowadays. Despite the used dart board and pool table in the room it was obvious now that this was about business, not leisure. The men themselves where well dressed, suit and ties all of them, you would think them as well functioning members of society, big people in high places, if you did not know the circumstances…

"Now… what news do we have from the front gentlemen?" Frank asked, his tone having a sort of cheer in it, or perhaps the simple neutral tone of man whose day is going well.

"The Fran Family seems to have taken a liking to selling right on the borders of our turf." One of the men decided to open up with a well known problem. "They’re starting to cut in to my sales, and you guys remember how Jonas was hit in the same district?" He finished, referring to one of their agents who fell victim of a shooting, Frank and his organization had to cut all ties with him to make sure they were not questioned.

"The Fran’s are a bunch of upstart little &$#%wits, I’ll deal with them when were done here." Frankie said, his tone became a little annoyed, there was always some new gang or some family who thought they were all that, they always thought that just because they had one or two big successes that they were suddenly ready to take on the big guys.

"The Third Streets and the Anarch Angels." Another man said with a sigh. Frankie shook his head in more annoyance, more god damn problems "Again? You’re serious? There at it again?"

"Ya, I heard there some type of argument over a card game or something stupid like that, anyway, the two gangs are about to go to war…again."

"The shootouts are going to make the streets unsafe, and our own sales are probably going to suffer, and we all know what’s going to happen if we start selling them guns, sure more money, but then the S.W.A.T team comes in." Another one of them chimed in.

Frankie silenced the gathered group; it was pretty easy for him to earn their full attention, not only due to the authority the man wielded but also the fact that as of now the man looked like he was in some sort of trance. His eyes shot open as he looked back towards the group. "We’ll see if we can’t negotiate with them. If we can’t, we cut them off, everything; we don’t need more blood like this on the streets, bad for business, as for any competition that tries to take advantage of our little sales absence, again, leave that to me." He finished as the men simply murmured in agreement to the plan.

"Now, anything else?"

Several more non-descript issues where mentioned, some corrupt politicians words were about to slip, some idiot was not paying his protection money, some black market dealers was holding out on them, all of them regular issues Frankie had to deal with every now and again.

"Right then, before we end this… it is time for our ritual offering…" Frankie said and on que the men began to pull out jewels, money, all types of agents of wealth, all gained through unscrupulous means. They placed there offerings in a large golden bowl in the center, like they had rehearsed it countless times, all accept one man, new guy by the looks of him. Frankie walked around the table, like the new guy he had yet to put anything inside the bowl, but then, again he had made his offering every day of his life since he first entered his patron’s service. Eventually his trip around the room had placed him right behind the new underboss, who was franticly searching his coat for something to place in the bowl, anything, Frankie merely put his hand on his shoulder, silently telling him he was going to be fine.

With all their offering set, Frankie picked up the bowl and placed it in front of a strange shrine, after which he simply turned around and dismissed the men, but not before stopping the new underboss who had not given an offering.

"You’re new here, so theres no need to worry about this little fiasco." Frankie said as the new guy began to visibly shake.

"But let me give you some advice…"

"Always pay your due to the Grand Godfather…" he continued as he pulled out a rose from his jacket, which he tossed into the offering bowl in short order. With no rhyme or reason, the inside of the bowl suddenly caught on fire, melting, no, simply evaporating all of its contents as they began to disappear into smoke, even the diamonds where unnaturally melting.

"Or you’ll burn like that rose…"

Once all of his colleagues had left, Frankie turned back towards the shrine of the God of Crime, Areshek, bowing slightly; the shrine suddenly began to speak.

“Yes…ya…Vulgo? The God of paper pushing kicked the bucket?” Frankie said to the silent voice talking to him, if anyone else was watching he would likely look like a complete loon.

"So who was it? My moneys on Ched, or maybe…you….your pulling my leg my lord?" Frankies next expression obviously showed the answer was no.

"I see, so we got to find this guy and whack ‘im before he kills again? I’ll have my sources look into it." Frankie said as he bowed before walking from the shrine, then turned around as he was given final orders. "The printing place? Sure. I’ll take a look at it."

Areshek was the next to arrive at the meeting, nothing too spectacular, you blinked once and he was not there, you blinked again and then *poof* there he was. He was in his mortal guise, suit and tie, and a burgundies hat, all with a little half cloak for the heck of it. He raised his head up towards his fellow deities, neither whom he did not possess a particular dislike for, though he did sometimes believe Inzi could possibly possess a deitic version of ADD, he did not care to anger or please her in anyway. Now Abraxis, the God of Law, he had a rather complicated conflict with him, the law could either be your greatest friend or your fiercest enemy, as such he considered Abraxis both a pain in the ass, but also someone you could strike a deal with, though you must always choose your words carefully.

But none of that really mattered right now, a God had died, and any one of them could be next.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 02:27:16 pm by SimplyNecro »
Quote from: The Evil Overlords Handbook
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2011, 02:13:47 pm »
 Vockt arrived at the God’s meeting place, scurrying towards his own throne with a feeling of importance and self-imposed power. The former Goddess of Wealth’s chair shined as brightly as it always did – although this seat was only “loaned” to Vockt, he still treated it as if it were his own. He adjusted his tie in his normal fashion, though he ever allowed himself to look untidy in the slightest anyway.
His attention snapped towards Abraxas, who, as always, was incredibly early. Perhaps Vockt had one day chastised Abraxas for being late a century ago, and Abraxas made sure that he was oath bound to always be here before him. Vockt, whilst he was rarely intimidated by any other God, knew first hand of the havoc that Abraxas can cause with webs of laws and oaths. As a businessman, Vockt was already accomplished in avoiding or creating loopholes, but was an amateur compared to the God of Law.

And the other figure within the Hall of the Gods was the God of Flight. Vockt rarely considered Inzi, she does still help a great deal by allowing big business to spread to every corner of the world; however, he didn’t consider her to be serious enough about godhood as his other colleagues were. Then again, she hadn’t spent half of the last century trying to beat back the forces of communism and anti-capitalism, Vockt thought.
"Inzi, you are not required to take part in this meeting”, he said, deciding it appropriate to answer a rhetorical question, Though if you know more than we do about Vulgo's murder, it would be helpful if you shared.”
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 02:27:17 pm by Plank of Wood »

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2011, 02:56:55 pm »
The hall felt a sudden burst of music, the song ringing similar to most opening themes in films. There was a sudden puff of smoke, a silhouetted figure appearing within it. Sinima emerged from the smoke, yelling, "Dun dun dun duuuuuuunnnnnnnnnnnnn, I have arrived!" His appearance was that of the villain, and he wrung his gloved hands together and began to twirl his handlebar mustache as he cackled. The smoke around him then vanished as he began to step into the hall itself.

Peering around the room, he was immediately disappointed. The room was full of mostly male, uninteresting characters. Abraxas, boring, law was always nice, but too strict as well. Vockt, boring. Areshek, done to death in many films, he was so sick of the character that the god bored him as well. Inzi. Well, at least there was one interesting, unpredictable character here besides himself. The room else-wise was full of stiffs.

"Well this sucks." He muttered to himself, "And here i was hoping for a great scene to begin." The music in the hall changed to that of suspese and drama, taking a seat, the god asked, "So. Who's the one who through in a plot-twist such as this?
« Last Edit: February 07, 2011, 02:58:43 pm by eropS »
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2011, 05:01:40 pm »
Inzi jumped as Sinima appeared and clapped excitedly after his presentation had ended. It had cheered her up quite a bit. Part of the reason she never showed up to meetings was because the other gods were awfully boring and sometimes mean. The other reason she never showed up was because she was forgetful. Sometimes Arthur would remind her to go but he wasn't always around. Turning to Vockt, Inzi responded with her servant's thoughts since she really had no idea of her own on the subject.

"I was saying to Abraxas that whoever killed our friend Vulgo wasn't quite mortal and wasn't quite divine. They used some kind of weapon that was able to completely destroy every living thing at the site and everything associated with Vulgo's domain... and somehow that also killed poor Vulgo."

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2011, 06:31:37 pm »
Xenocrates took his sweet time arriving to the meeting, and when he finally did arrive, he entered slowly, walking methodically, his walking stick clanging on the floor, heavily contrasting with his soundless steps. As the approached the group, he nodded to each and shot a grandfatherly smile at them all, his usual greeting.

The first he greeted was Inzi, by far the youngest of the group present, practically an infant. Xenocrates held her in high regard, as she had helped interconnect the world, bringing the doctrines and teachings of Democracy to the less-fortunates beyond the First World. He realized the others often looked down on her, but he saw enormous potential, even the ability to colonize other worlds that could themselves become democratic. This was practically a dream to him, an entire world founded on the principles of democracy. She received the lowest bow that Xenocrates felt like giving, and the greatest smile.

Next was Abraxas. Abraxas wasn't a particular friend of his, but he wasn't an enemy either. Without Law, there would be no government, and without government, no democracy. Beyond this, Abraxas was also the only other God who had once been a mortal, and ascended to Godhood as well. However, Abraxas had risen to power by striking down his master, while Xenocrates had ascended by will and popular support. Xenocrates also felt that Abraxas had lost his humanity in his rise to power, and lost touch with his old mortality. Abraxas could also be a jackass at times. Nonetheless, Xenocrates smiled and bowed to Abraxas.

Xenocrates turned his attention next to Vockt, who was more of a close associate than Abraxas. The God of Capitalism often moved into lands at the same time or just before Democracy, and so Vockt was something of a pioneer to test new peoples. However, Vockt also liked to use capitalism against the people, helping to oppress peoples such as the Arabs, who were so valuable for their oil. His most recent move caught the attention of Xenocrates, whom had quietly decided to let the river flow and watch the tide, for now. Xenocrates bowed slightly and eyed him in a way that screamed, "I'm watching you closely."

Sinima then caught Xenocrates' eye. Now here was a real piece of work. The God was perhaps the closest to "insane" as any present, but it didn't matter, for now, film helped entertain the people, and happy people don't revolt against democracy. Though, Sinima was rather annoying, and often moronic. Xenocrates silently recalled the old days when the God of Gladiators was still alive, and missed the insane ramblings of that God. At least Marcus hadn't been a showy twit. He bowed and smiled to Sinima as well, anyway.

Xenocrates hardly noticed Areshek, the God of Organized Crime. He didn't like Areshek at all, whom existed only as a detriment to society, especially democratic society. If there was one God he could kill, it would have to be Areshek. Xenocrates inwardly wondered why Vulgo, and not Areshek, had been targeted. Wiping Areshek off the plane of Godly existence would've been beneficial to everyone, God and mortal alike. As it was now though, Areshek still lived, and Xenocrates had to play nice. He bowed modestly low, and smiled as well as he could.

He quietly stood at his usual spot, leaning slightly on his walking stick, and wondered whether or not Chalybs, Ched, and "Doctah OG" would appear. Ched would be rather valuable to this operation if things went well and the Gods decided to work together, and Chalybs would be a boon anyway. Ched could be a bit of a wild card though, being so incredibly young, and his power base being unfocused. "Doctah OG" was far less important though, and Xenocrates could rarely take the "God" seriously, often barely managing to contain his laughter. Xenocrates also couldn't shake the feeling OG would be dead or weakened to a non-existent state in not too many years. "Trend" Gods tended to rise, peak, and crash pretty quickly. That OG had made it this far might actually be an accomplishment, probably not helped by the other Gods' inability or lack of desire to help Xenocrates lessen the number in people living in poverty.

After listening to Inzi speak, Xenocrates spoke, "So you're saying they might be a Demi-God? Or that perhaps a Demi-God designed the weapon?" While Xenocrates let the questions drift through the minds of the other Gods, he wondered whether this weapon would work on a strong God. Vulgo had been dying off for years, and was doomed to obscurity eventually anyway. Xenocrates could understand a single blast finally finishing him, but would a single use of the weapon kill someone such as Abraxas? What would the consequences of Vulgo's sudden death be? Xenocrates could not remember a God being explicitly killed by a single mortal. Abraxas had clawed his way to the top, become a Demi-God, and then removed his master. This mortal, or possible Demi-God, had found a way to circumvent years of patience.

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2011, 06:46:01 pm »
Abraxas took a moment to consider just how much information to put forth.  It was, as always, a careful calculation, the only lies he was capable of being lies of omission.  This particular subject was always a sore one, he was just as vulnerable to the method he'd used to take the seat as Trum had been.  No sense spreading that around.

Still, better to give the meeting a touch of direction.  "It only makes sense to kill a god with his own domain.  I believe they master us just as much as we master them, they are our strengths as well as our weaknesses.  Trum was strangled by a noose of law, I would guess that Vulgo must have been felled by a weapon of...  Print."  He shook his head, "though I must admit I'm not sure how you could weaponize print.  Vulgo may have known a method, but now I fear the secret lies with our assassin.  Whatever it was, I think it was a thing of print, of words...  And ink."

Arthur slid the ink ribbon from it's plastic bag and brushed away the ash that coated it.  There was no brand, serial number, or any other distinguishing mark anywhere on it.  He glanced about quickly before continuing.  He was doing this in a small dinner's bathroom instead of the DDI labs, for the moment unwilling to work too closely with his agency until he was sure it wasn't involved.  There were definitely a few men in it who would leap at the chance to kill a god, and even if they weren't behind it he wasn't sure he wanted them to get their hands on whatever was.

With a slow, careful motion he pulled the ribbon from it's case.  Holding it to the light, he watched as each letter was revealed, the clear ribbon shining through the shaped holes where ink had been used.

saxarbA tkcoV sbylahC ogluV

Of course, it would be backwards.  He was already shaping the familiar names in his mind when an irritatingly familiar voice came from behind him.  "What'cha got there, Arty?  Sure looks iiiintere-"  There was a moment of relief at the Arbitrator's sudden silence before he realized that the ribbon was glowing with a fierce crimson light around the name Abraxas.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2011, 07:09:27 pm »
There was a terrible explosion at Arthur's table and he was thrown into the air. A bolt of energy burst out of the ink ribbon and struck Arthur in the chest. For a few moments unseen force tried pulling on at the man from every direction, as if to tear him apart. Fortunately the effect was severely impaired and leapt from Arthur to the sniveling form of the Arbitrator. He let out a loud cry as the same tearing sensation came over him. At the same moment Abraxas was struck by an intense, screaming pain and he gripped his stolen throne with the strength of a thousand men, sending dozens of cracks across its surface. The same, horrible screaming sound filled the heavens as the god of Law felt the pain of death wash over him.

Back down on Earth, Arthur had clambered to his knees just in time to see the light around the ink ribbon falter and then vanish. The Arbitrator collapsed in a heap on the floor and began trembling violently. Elsewhere, Abraxas was freed from his sudden bout of pain and released his grip. Inzi peeked out from behind her fountain and uncovered her ears, looking nervously at the others in the room.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 07, 2011, 07:36:55 pm »
"Well now, this certainly is an interesting turn of events."  The acrid smell of cigar smoke wafted through the chamber as Chalybs appeared in his usual spot near Vockt.  "I apologize for my tardiness, but industry never rests."

The God of Industry nodded curtly to the other gods, the stern look on his face softening into an almost-smile as he came around to Inzi hiding behind the fountain.  Looking around to the others he retook his stern countenance as he spoke again.  "So then, I think we can safely say that this sordid business is not yet over.  I believe Abraxas has made an excellent point.  We are each only as powerful as the domain we oversee.  If a mortal has any means to strike at us, it is through there.  He would certainly know better than any of us in regards to this subject."
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2011, 03:03:14 pm »
As Abraxas' screams of pain and shock echoed around the hall. However, apart from jumping slightly at the suddenness of Abraxas' outburst, Vockt barely reacted at all, preferring to allow him to flail on the ground. Let the usurper deal with it himself, he is powerful enough to deal with this himself; show false concern once he's recovered. Vockt silently debated whether to also send some of his own servants to investigate Vulgo's destroyed remains - not Reyn himself, of course, but perhaps some hired goons to retrieve samples? Reyn would definitely have sleepless nights ahead.

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2011, 04:24:37 pm »
Areshek merely grinned and tipped his hat to Xenocrates as he passed, he could sense the hatred the God of Democracy had for him, however while Xenocrates hated him, Areshek loved Democracy, after all Democracy was where the God of Crime thrived. Vockt was another God Arashek liked, after all what would he do without him? Him and Xenocrates for that matter, it was all kind of like a vicious paradoxes cycle of symbiosis and parasitism, Xenocrates brought Democracy to a land, Vockt brought capitalism, which was accepted mostly by Democratic governments, and then the people who got screwed by capitalism? They came to Arashek, especially during a crash or a depression.

"Bloody Abyss." Areshek hissed softly as Abraxis began to flail about in his throne, he remained as he was however, as he was not in too much of a hurry to aid the God of Law.

30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2011, 06:34:23 pm »
Salley Fox was sitting on her couch in the living room when she got an incoming message. Oddly enough the message didn't have an address and seemed to come out of nowhere. She knew an I.P. tracker wouldn't have helped solving the mystery either as she knew who it was.

: greetings mortal
: or sally, if you prefer
: i have a task for you
s-fox: And what would that task be?
: i need you to find someone and possibly also kill him
: he is... dangerous
: but you dont need to know more
: none of your mortal concerns

Salley has worked with her god for such a long time that she already knew his character and quirks. It was ironic, considering she felt like she was manipulating him more than the other way around. Over the time she learned how to retrieve information from him properly. Infact, as it shouldn't be too surprisiing, as the god of networks and subsequently the internet, Ched has a hard time withholding information. Whenever he tries to be secretive, deep down inside he just can't. The information just wants to leak, it needs to be brought into the public. Since he can't do it himself due to the strict ruleset for the gods to follow, Salley is the only outlet he can use. Just the right question, maybe just nudging a little bit might be enough to flood her with more information that she could ever get from a human.

s-fox: I need to find someone, but I am not allowed to know anything about said person?
: just look around a bit and search for unusual events
: i cant take care of everything you see?
s-fox: It shouldn't be hard searching for supernatural events.
: no not supernatural
: i mean manmade ones
: just unusual

Sometimes Salley wondered if other god agents treat her god the same way. She simply can't imagine a mortal pushing around a god about something more substantial, like the god of war. From what she gathered Ched seemed to be a newborn among gods and probably lacked the discipline or experience to act dignified. Salley considered that her advantage in the long run though.

: think explosions
: infact the one you should be looking out for is a big explosion of some kind
s-fox: Were people harmed?
: what do i care
: thats really the god of empathys domain
: vulgo the god of print died in the explosion
: none of the others yet know how
: but he did and its a real threat
: so you should go and find him before your patron god dies
<-System->  left the channel.

For Salley, that last sentence carried so much delicious irony, she could almost taste it. The optimal solution would be to find that mysterious god slayer in exactly the moment he kills her god. Maybe she is able to somehow kill him and take her god's... or maybe any god's place. The details have to be sorted out eventually, but she was never this close to actually put her plans into motion. She aquired so much during her life, and it would be a shame if her hard work would be wasted for a single human lifetime.

After Ched cut the connection with his agent, he decided to go ready to get to the meeting. He was late and infact didn't want to come anyway. He already knew what was going on, at least as much as the other gods did. His domain was networks, and as much as he disdains the other deities, he couldn't help but establishing one, for the sake of information flow.

However, he wasn't a big fan of Vulgo and didn't want to be accused of god murder... by proxy. Actually, deep inside he secretly wanted the other gods to suspect him of being capable of murdering a god. That would acknowledge his power and wit, which he never doubted to have.

He arrived at the meeting room late and it seemed everyone else was already there. He immediately spotted the gods that gathered around the table. It looked like a gathering of the gods of boring, if it weren't for Inzi. The most boring guy in the crowd was sitting in his chair and seemed to writhe in pain while everyone else was staring at him either shocked or concerned.

"Hey, did you just hear the news or did Sinima pull one of his silly antics again?"
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 06:52:06 pm by Flisch »
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2011, 09:02:38 pm »
Atrim wheezed as he lifted himself off the floor, slumping back to it a few times before recovering enough to push himself into a sitting position against the wall.  He shuddered again as the weapon's effects were pushed away and new life was drawn in.  That attack had cost him decades of hard won life.  It would take years to buy enough to replace it from mortals, even if he dropped his other projects.  Abraxas certainly wouldn't lift a finger for him, as far as his patron was concerned if you couldn't bargain enough to keep ahead of death you were no use anyways.

He blinked as something stung his eye and a hand shot up reflexively, coming away red.  Head damage on top of everything else.  It had taken ages to assemble a face that he'd liked, spoiled in an instant.  He hoped Arthur was pleased with whatever it was he'd...

His gaze traveled over Arthur to find him face down in a pool of blood.  That wouldn't do, Abraxas would be furious if the favorite died.  But that didn't mean he couldn't get something out of it.

"The ribbon."  Atrim's voice somehow managed to be more obnoxious than usual through the haze filling Arthur's mind.

"W...What?"

"The ink ribbon in exchange for enough life to last you a decade," Atrim said, punctuated by a small cough.  It was satisfying to know the Abitrator had taken a hit too.  Had to be something special if he was still recovering.  Like hell he was putting something like that in pest's hands.

"Not...  On your life"

"Nope.  On yours.  You've got a day, tops, even if an ambulance does get here in time.  Twenty four hours to death," he added, leaving no wriggle room.

A dilemma.  He was dying, Atrim's word was proof of that.  The property of the dead was forfeit unless specifically left in a will, which the ribbon was not.  He might be able to pass the ribbon off to another agent, but...  "Promise not...  To use it."

"I swear that I will not wield it."

"Deal."  Arthur felt himself grow stronger even as the word left his mouth, flesh knitting and blood replenishing.  Later, he would try to remember exactly what the bargain had been, but the haze of death over his mind at the time would keep it ever insubstantial.

Atrim plucked the ribbon off the ground and examined it for a moment.  There was a waver of red light again.  "No."  He stated, the word reverberating with power.  Possession was nine tenths of the law, and what an Arbitrator owned was theirs absolutely, never to be stolen or turned against them unless they gave it away.  The red light died down and he grinned wide.  It was weaker than it had been a moment ago, much weaker.  But even diminished, even if he could not use it himself, it was perhaps the most valuable thing in the gods' domain.

"It is good," Abraxas said, rising stiffly from the floor, "to know where we stand with each other."  He glared at each god in turn.  "You know, I came here willing to work with you, bargain away some of my knowledge and power to make sure we all came out of this safe.  But I guess that deal's off the table now."

"I guess that there's just no respect for familly," he said with eyes on Areshek.

"Or love for the greater good," he told Xenocrates.

"No investment in the future?"  He asked Vockt.

He slumped back into his throne, stone rumbling as it crumbled slightly at the touch.  "I wonder," he added thoughtfully, "who's next?"  With that he leaned back and watched in silence.  Let the idiots come crawling back once they realized just what they stood to lose.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 09:04:30 pm by Neoadept »

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2011, 09:38:44 pm »
Sinima looked with interest at the events that were unfolding around him. His mustache began to twitch as he sensed the anger pour out from the god of law. He felt he was rather unrelated to the god, but Sinima was not one to particularly want to draw the ire of any god un-related and non-threatening to his domain. Why have more enemies then you have to? Though, the current situation was one of... entertainment.

The music in the room quickly changed from that of suspense to that of a more light mood. "Well, Ched, I assure you, as much as i applaud the value and rarity of such events, I did not orchestrate this. Such a series of events like this is of course well within my nature to carry out... Well, I am almost disappointed I didn't think of it first. Seems no one is sure what, is going on..." Sinima gave a sly grin, his evil appearance lending itself well to the moment.

Sinima then wrung his hands together and cackled, "Seems things are getting interesting! Here I thought this century was going to be dull! Ha!" A fog began to envelope him, the music in the room turning to an eerie, evil tune. With a maniacal laugh the god of cinema called out from behind the fog, "Well. Hope I'm not next, eh?" With that, he vanished from the room.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2011, 09:41:27 pm by eropS »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2011, 10:23:28 pm »
Elsewhere...

A middle-aged, balding man sat at an aging partners' desk in the bowels of a deteriorating estate outside the city. An otherworldly glow surrounded his inert form and he stared blankly at a cockeyed portrait on the other side of the room. Looking back at him was a muscular man standing atop a steam locomotive that appeared to be racing through a world of golden machines and scantily-clad angels. In the man's hand was a silver sword that radiated white light, the same light that illuminated the man and the room around him. Three objects sat on the man's desk and a small clear patch in the thick dust that matted the marble surface indicated that until recently, there had been a fourth. From left to right the objects were:

A coin with four names etched into it, "Vockt" being at the center in the largest letters.
A piece of parchment with four names scrawled down, "Abraxas" carrying the most weight.
A cog with four large teeth, each one bearing a name but with the most time and effort being put into "Chalybs".

The man's blank eyes fluttered and he seemed to come back to reality. Grumbling slightly, he looked down and hovered over the three remaining objects for a moment. A thousand thoughts raced through his mind, many of them not his own. In the end, a loud and clear voice cried out from within him, urging him to decide.

"Chalybs was our partner and our friend... we made him strong and in return he made us strong. Then he turned against us, deciding instead to follow the god-traitor, Abraxas. And he struck us down with his cruelest laws, laws that would make mighty goddess Death avert her gaze! Treachery has proven to be law's successor and no finer example exists than Vockt. Vockt, the god of greed. Vockt, the god of profit. Vockt, the god that puts Abraxas' duplicitous nature to shame! Go now, my child! Strike down the original traitor! Make Vockt suffer as I have and show him true pain!!"

There was a loud crack as the man's hand slammed down around the coin. He gripped it tightly and immediately made for the door.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2011, 10:27:44 pm »
Xenocrates rolled his eyes, muttering just loud enough for the others to hear, "Overly dramatic fool, Sinima is." He hadn't felt particularly perturbed by Abraxas' little incident, other than shocked that another God was affected so soon, "Well, hey, you're not dead now, Abraxas, be happy because of that. I highly doubt any one of us would've been able to save you if your fate had been to die. Trying to help you might have led to our own deaths. I'd expect the same reaction from you, Abraxas, if I were crumpled over in pain."

Xenocrates began to slowly walk around the room, "Anyway, this is crucial information. It means either it takes more than one hit of this weapon to kill strong Gods, or perhaps this second weapon simply wasn't built as strong as the one that took down Vulgo. I'm hoping it's the former... If so, we might have time to prevent a second strike against one of us, which could be the finishing blow, if we react quickly enough. And, since we now have a survivor with first-hand experience, we may have more... information... about the attacker?" He eyed Abraxas closely, trying to read if the God had discovered anything new during the incident.

Once he had made a full circle around the room, he stopped once more at his spot, and spoke, "To divide now would be foolhardy. This meeting was convened for cooperation, it should be concluded with cooperation. Our attacker has the ability to strike down a God. We do not know him, or her. They may be mortal, or a Demi-God. Chances are they somehow have access to some fractured piece of Godly power, obtained through unknown means. We do not know their next target, but we can guess based on his first: Vulgo. The attacker hit the God of Print first. My guess is that those related to Print are in danger." He nodded towards Abraxas, "If Abraxas was hit, then we can assume that those connected to Abraxas and Vulgo are in danger." He pointed to himself, "Including myself."

Xenocrates closed his eyes for a moment, pondering his words carefully, "Our attacker seems to have something against the government in general, I believe. He or she is angry about our actions, wants to make the Gods pay for what they've done. He or she was affected by the Gods in some way, perhaps one of us broke apart their family or killed a friend or loved one, who knows. But we know for sure that they'll go to any lengths to kill their targets, any lengths to make a point. Anger, while a great motivator, also clouds the mind." He hit his stick against the floor loudly, making absolutely sure everyone was paying attention, "I propose we set try to set a trap for this assailant, give him or her a target that they can't resist, and wait, while guarding our other sites. A trap seems the best option at the moment. They probably want to do the most damage with the least effort, and are probably too angry to realize what's going on, before one of our agents moves and takes them down. Opinions?"

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 09, 2011, 07:37:56 am »
"Xenocrates, are you suggesting we use one of our own agents as bait?" said Vockt, who scowled at the thought of such a thing, "My own man is unhappy enough with our arrangement without martyrdom on his job description. And I do not want to lose a century's worth of experience!"

Vockt shook his head, trying to make sense of the situation, "Perhaps you are right, however. Until then, I am repositioning my agent into hiding, in some secluded corner of the world, and I would suggest you all do the same". He rose from his chair, and faced Xenocrates.

"I am far more concerned with the face that mortals have the ability to murder us. Or more importantly, why. I can understand why they would target Abraxas, and some mortals hate me; but Vulgo? Why would a mortal target a God of Print? It's possible that a mortal wants to wipe us out; but why would attacking a still fairly powerful Deity, yet one not powerful enough to have a significant affect on the others, be an attractive first target? Why not Abraxas first, as he is possibly one of the strongest among us, rather than second?"

He turned away from Xenocrates, "I am probably the next at risk, Law and Print are the two, or at least were the two, biggest factors in my power. And without me, many of you will wither away and die as well" he said, eyeing Chalybs ever so slightly.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 09, 2011, 08:08:52 am »
"I am with the Greek on this one." spoke Chalybs as he thoughtfully rolled his cigar between his fingers.  "Without any more information than we currently have, our best option is collaboration.  It is clear their intent in targeting Vulgo was to send a message, a warning if you will."

Slowly rising from his seat, he glanced around the table. "We will construct a trap, one they cannot and will not resist."  Turning to Vockt, he continued.  "Hesitant as you are to paint a target on your back, you have already done so my friend.  Your recent work with President Waheed will garner great publicity, and will not go unnoticed by our assailant.  If you are so reluctant to risk your agent, then allow my pawn to take the brunt of the assult."

"The oil deposit in the region is my domain regardless.  I will command my pawn to begin its development immediately.  An underconstruction oil rig is an accident waiting to happen.  Our assailant will make a move on it, and when they do we will be prepared."
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 09, 2011, 05:12:52 pm »
While the other gods talked, Ched slowly walked to his seat. It was not a throne like most of the others. Instead it was a swivel chair, however its shape and ornamentation fit into the exalted architecture of the room and didn't seem to be out of place.

As Ched was sitting down he listened closely to the discussion. He wondered why only so few gods showed up. Sure, the elder gods weren't concerned as much as their domain was far too powerful or interweaved too closely to mankind's fate that it was near impossible for them to die, but then again, they thought that about every god up until recently. However, there were lots of lesser deities, who didn't show up. Did they do their own thing? Did they simply not care? That would be a foolish thing. If that weapon was made by a mortal it would spread across the globe like any new techology. The alternative however made Ched shiver even more. What if it was made by another god? What if... a god has gone rogue? Is that even possible? Lot's of questions circled in Ched's head back and forth.

As soon as there was a small break between the other gods' words, he raised his voice.

"What if that person didn't kill Vulgo because he wanted to see him dead? What if it was merely a test run? He didn't manage to kill Abraxas, did he? Maybe he is still figuring out how to wield it properly..."
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #27 on: February 09, 2011, 07:50:25 pm »
Inzi had snuck out of the meeting shortly after Abraxas' episode. She hoped he was okay but couldn't stand to be in the room any longer. Instead she decided to make her way back to the main courtyard but had managed to get herself lost once more. She didn't realize her mistake until a large statue of the elder gods blocked her path. Pursing her lips, Inzi made an abrupt left turn and found herself in a hall filled with portraits and statues of the divine. This was the correct way, she'd find the entrance on the other side. With a spring in her step, the young goddess hurried across the hall. She wasn't a fan of this room, it was kind of creepy what with all those eyes stating back. Still, as she ran she spied a few familiar faces.

A large sculpture of Sinima stood prominently in the center of the room and swiveled such that it was always facing the viewer. Inzi oftentimes wondered what was on the back of the statue but wasn't fast enough to catch a glimpse. There was a large portrait of Amoverus, the god of monopolies hanging over a silent fireplace. Inzi had met him once back when she was very young but otherwise he seemed to skip the meetings, too. Vulgo's portrait sat on a small easel along with a note written by the god himself. A small candle burned solemnly by the easel and several flowers had been laid nearby. Hanging over the far door was a bust of Liquidus, goddess of water. She was one of those types that people hadn't seen or heard from in centuries. An ancient god, for sure, Liquidus was thought to have shied away from the heavens as her powered dwindled. There were rumors though that she was in regular contact with the elder gods but to what end was a mystery.

Giving the door a large push, Inzi found herself back outside in the main courtyard. She smiled to herself and marched past a small monument commemorating the elder gods, en route to the exit.

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 13, 2011, 01:09:58 pm »
Areshek reach into his coat and pulled out a large and extravagant looking cigar, the type that only a God could ever smoke. "Well Abraxas you aren’t swimming with the fishes yet are ya?" He said as lighted it "Besides, you would probably be even more pissed at me if I somehow made it worse as our Democratic friend here said." He continued as he puffed out smoke from the cigar.

"Since it looks like we are going for a trap, and our dear master of industry Chalybs has volunteered to set the stage, I could easily provide a few individuals to aid in carrying out the hit. Best part? We can easily make it all look like some type of accident, which I believe Chalyb may have been going for?"
« Last Edit: February 13, 2011, 02:14:19 pm by SimplyNecro »

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 13, 2011, 04:34:38 pm »
"If you're going to stab me in the back," Abraxas said with a glare, "you should at least have the decency to be ashamed when I survive.  Don't pretend for a second that your inaction was an attempt to be helpful.  You saw an opportunity to let an inconvenience vanish, and you took it, and since it turns out not to have worked you seem to be worried about what kind of enemy you might have made.  And trust me, there will be a reckoning."  He let his glare wash over them for a few moments longer before the corner of his mouth flicked upward in a malevolent grin.

"But, for the moment, I still think we have bigger bills to veto.  And since it isn't my hand under the gavel, I believe I can put forth an Arbitrator to assist.  Should our enemy prove to be resistant to...  Conventional means, we will attempt to bind him by his own words."

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: February 13, 2011, 04:50:12 pm »
Xenocrates thumped his stick against the ground loudly a few times, "So it's settled. We will set the trap in Chalybs' new refinery's construction site, and wait patiently. Not many will be needed to set it effectively, and too many of our people concentrated in the area would seem suspicious. However, everyone should provide what support they think is best. This enemy is an enemy of all Gods, he has struck down one of us." He didn't look towards Abraxas at all, but knew Abraxas would realize what his words could be implying, "Now then, I believe we have mostly settled the matter of this meeting, unless there is more to discuss?"

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2011, 10:52:18 pm »
Sinima had left the meeting with flare, and found himself in his godly chambers. Pacing the floor, he finally reserved himself to his grand desk. He sat before a typewriter and logged the days events, noting that it was indeed the start of something fantastic. As he wrote, an idea sparked in his godly mind. His malicious figure began to cackle, his eyes gleamed, his mustache twitched in delight. Sinima then rose from his desk, and with a puff, vanished.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Mr. Woodholly had arrived at his studio hours before anyone else had. Looking around in glee he observed his fantastic machinations that allowed his grand ideas to come to life. He skipped along the hard concrete floor of the studio warehouse and came upon a small door that had a star reading 'M. Woodholly' on it. Turning the handle, he snapped his fingers as he entered the door, immediately all the lights in his room came to life.

His room was surprisingly big, when compared to the seemingly small amount of space alloted to it from the outside. There was a large desk with a computer on it, and beside it a typewriter. There was also a television always turned on to the IFC, with another tv focused on AMC. In the table in the center of the room, there was a bowl of M&Ms, with all the brown M&Ms being removed for being too, 'dull'. With a bump in his step he strided toward hi-

There was then a sudden burst of fog in the room. The air filled with entry music and the lights in the room flickering. "Oh, hello there Sinima." Woodholly said rather nonchalantly. The fog then suddenly vanished, the music stopping, and the lights returning to their normal state. There stood Sinima, god of cinema, in his villain form. "Hmph, well at least you're on your toes my good chum."

"To what do I owe the luxury of this visit my lord?" Mister asked with a rather excited tone.

Sinima smirked, "My my, have I got the plot point for you in this great scheme of life. As you know, Vulgo has been destroyed, yes?" Woodholly nodded. Sinima then went on, "Well, earlier today there was indeed a meeting between us gods and we were discussing the circumstances of Vulgo's 'death'. Well, wouldn't you know it that in the middle of this discussion, BOOM, Abraxas goes down in a fit of pain! Can you believe it?! It was absolutely delicious, the shock of it, it completely blindsided me! ME!" He threw his arms up in disbelief, going on to say, "Well, needless to say he was less than pleased, so I left. Well, upon returning to my abode, I happened upon a most... fantastic... brilliant... unexpected idea. Mister Woodholly, we are going to try to end Abraxas."

Woodholly looked at the god in shock, he shook his head, "He is the god of... law? What could we possibl... wha.. ho... whe... why?"

Sinima gave a sly grin, "Why not? It would be something new, would it not?"

Woodholly replied, "But why make an enemy of him! He is not just some pushover you know! Laws are important."

Sinima shrugged, "Eh, we will live on beyond laws, Woodholly, for film is timeless. Law will not be able to stop us."

Woodholly shook his head, "Well... who am I to argue with a god. Though, this does indeed sound like it will be quite the event. What is your idea?"

Sinima nodded, "He is weak, that blow took something from him and I believe this would be a good time to test his power. You will write and produce a film Woodholly, The Anarchist Maniphesto, you will write it, and it will be one of the greatest films yet. I'm sure you know what I want it to do. Make people question the laws Woodholly, make them rise against them. The power of film will reveal itself with this masterpiece. Oh, this will be quite the show, eh?!" Sinima then cackled and vanished in glee.

Woodholly too, smiled, "This indeed, will be quite the twist." He then continued to his desk and began to type furiously on his typewriter.

« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 11:01:11 pm by eropS »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #32 on: February 16, 2011, 05:07:56 pm »
The balding man had spent most of the day getting across town and was currently standing at the end of a short line of people waiting to get into the guided tour of the Olympus Trade Corporation. A small sticker was stuck to his jacket and the name "Joe" had been hastily written down. Joe smiled at a family as they walked past him and left the busy lobby. The OTC was one of the largest corporations in the world and Vockt was known to play a role in it. Grinning broadly, an attendant waved Joe and the rest of his group forward. There was a buzzing sound as the metal detector picked Joe out of the crowd. Embarrassed, he reached into his pocket and pulled out his coin.

"Sorry, forgot all about it!"

He dropped it onto the conveyor and then stepped through the security scanner. Reaching the other side without any hassle, Joe picked up his coin and continued on into the elevator.

Meanwhile, Arthur "Hawk" Manray was walking around near Sinima's studio, pondering the events of the day. He still had almost no idea about what was going on and was worried that things were going to get out of hand if he didn't find out soon. Hawk was startled back to reality as he bumped into someone passing by. He turned to apologize but whoever it was didn't seem to care very much. They continued on their way with their head down and a long cloak drawn over their face. Hawk considered this person for a moment as they had a divine aura but that wasn't exactly news, especially on a day when a god had been killed. People were probably coming out of the woodwork to get things sorted. With a shrug, Hawk continued on his way.

The cloaked person, on the other hand, turned at the entrance to Sinima's studio and passed through it. A short while earlier he had been somewhere far away but Sinima's words had found an ear to occupy so the cloaked man decided to risk a trip outdoors. He made his way across the large open area at the front of the lot and stopped at an enchanted door meant to keep trespassers out. Sinima had just left the premises, he felt it. And with the patron deity gone, the man stepped through the enchanted door and into Mr. Woodholly's domain. He could hear the man tapping away at his typewriter and moved toward the sound. Walking out from the wall behind Woodholly, the cloaked man finally spoke.

"That seems like an interesting script you're writing there."

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 17, 2011, 08:13:44 am »
Reyn typed furiously on his Laptop, in an almost entranced state. Waheed was getting uneasy about free trade, and was planning to revoke the new reforms - this was unfortunate for Reyn, as he now needed to fill the pockets of the rest of his government in order to prevent this. Vockt used to call it "bribe bombing", though back when he used that phrase the bombs were far, far more literal.

A light pop echoed around the room; Reyn looked up and saw the familiar figure of Vockt, sitting in front of him.

"News?" said Reyn, sounding not at all impressed with this interuption,
"Yes" answered Vockt, "The Gods are under attack. Abraxas had a... spasm of some kind, and it appears Vulgo was attacked through his avatar."
"His avatar?"
"His avatar."
"Yes. And the conclusion I have come to is that, assuming that the attacks are systematic in nature, with Print and Law being attacked..."
Vockt stop mid sentence, staring at Reyn in a way of uncharacteristic worry and anxiety.
"... You're next?" finished Reyn, quickly putting two and two together.
"No. Through our avatars. You're next."
Reyn felt a small tinge of pride - Vockt rarely called him an "Avatar" as such, more of an "Associate" or "Agent".
"And so" announced Vockt, "You are leaving the City."
"When? Where to?"
"To the Gulf Islands. And right now."
"Right now? Just out of the front door."
"I'm not taking any risks" said Vockt, as if address a naughty child "So take the private helicopter to the airfield, and take a Gulfstream directly to the Gulf. When you arrive..."
"Vockt" interrupted Reyn, "Waheed is having doubts about..."
"I don't care. Stage a coup. Start a revolution. Have it invaded. You are safer in the hands of war than here."
"I don't think thats necessary..."
"We can discuss when you're at the Islands. But now, you're leaving. Take to the skies."

Reyn frowned and extinguished his cigarette.
"So what, I just leave?"
"You barely exist in any records. Olympus doesn't even register you as one of their tenants, employees or senior staff. A mortal will blindly accept your absence, though I doubt your murderer will."

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2011, 04:10:00 pm »
Joe had long since abandoned the tour group and was making his way through the upper offices in the OTC building. He felt a flood of energy rush through his body and knew that Vockt was near. With a start, Joe began to race toward the source of the energy but stopped himself at the last moment. He needed to be patient and not mess this up. Vockt was far too powerful for him to deal with head on which was why he had been instructed to go through the avatars instead. Still, it was too compelling of a chance to let up. Frowning, the balding man approached the reception desk outside of a door that simply said "Private". Joseph Reyd was behind it and so was Vockt and Joe decided that he was going to need to make a change. The receptionist smiled at him and spoke.

"Oh hey. Good afternoon, sir. You have an appointment? What am I saying, of course you do! Why else would you be here, right?"

"Hah... indeed. Yes, I'm here to speak with Mr. Reyd about a private matter concerning him and his boss."

"His boss? Then you're one of those guys with the thing... all important and whatever? Yeah okay, I get you. I'm only given need-to-know information since I'm just a receptionist. They're probably expecting you. Just one sec, I'll buzz them an-"

"Hold on! No need to do that just yet. I haven't even introduced myself. You can call me Joe Trust."

Smiling timidly, Joe extended a hand to the receptionist. She blinked for a moment and then reached out to shake it. Her body convulsed painfully as she grabbed Joe's hand and the veins beneath her skin bulged. She tried to scream but nothing happened and in just a few painful moments her body had melted away to nothing. Joe remained and smiled. Cracking his neck, his balding, middle-aged body rapidly morphed into that of the receptionist, clothes and all. He chuckled and squeezed his voluptuous breasts together before reaching down and buzzing the office intercom.

"Hey Mr. Reyd, there was this weird guy out here just now. Said something about people coming for you and then he ran out the door. I got security down in the lobby looking out for the guy. But he gave me this note and said to give it to you."

Joe the receptionist placed the coin on a blank piece of paper and then folded it up, placing it in his bra. He opened the office door and walked toward Reyd and Vockt. Removing the piece of paper, he held it out to the businessmen. Everything that was the receptionist was now part of Joe and he knew how she carried herself around her bosses. Part of him wished he had spared the woman, as she seemed like his type.

"Yeah I looked at it and don't really know what it's all about. This is more on your level I guess. Not for some lowly receptionist to understand. I only work for a god, right? Hah! How are you Mr. Vockt? You look cold."

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 25, 2011, 02:20:13 pm »
At the mention of his own name, Vockt had a sudden look of suprise and worry.
"Reyn, have you told any-?"
Reyn silenced him with the lifting of his hand, and used his other to reach inside is desk.
"A note? Surely he'd send me an e-mail, or at the very least a text" he said, clearly suspicious - anyone who knew the name of a God was a clear threat, especially if that person is clearly just a mortal.
With a dull thunk, Reyn opened a draw, still keeping his eyes on the secretary.
"You could say that print is almost, dead, couldn't you?" said Reyn, staring fiercely.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #36 on: February 25, 2011, 02:39:26 pm »
Joe frowned and his disguise shifted, changing into the form of a carnival strong man. He clenched his fists and the paper around the weapon burned away. Reyd might not have recognized Joe's new form but there was a decent chance that Vockt might. Joe had become the spitting image of a dead god's servant, the god of carnivals, to be precise.

"Not nearly as dead as you're about to be!"

With the coin-shaped weapon held firmly out in front of him, Joe careened toward Vockt's avatar. As the gap closed, the coin in Joe's hand violently began to emit sparks.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 25, 2011, 02:51:41 pm »
Both Vockt and Reyn jumped away in shock and panic, knocking Reyn's computer and a potted plant to the ground

Reyn dived towards Vockt, shoulder barging him out of the window. With a mighty crash, Vockt's figure was propelled out of the office and out of the building. Such a fall would kill an non-god, however Vockt's divinity would allow him to escape unscathed.

With shattered glass raining all around, Reyn crawled towards the opened draw, yanking it out of the draw itself, and hurridly searching through it's contents, hoping that the desk between himself and Joe wound buy him a few seconds...

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #38 on: February 25, 2011, 03:01:07 pm »
"Hah! Thanks for making this even easier. He was the only one that could stop me from getting to you!"

Joe's reached out with his free hand and hurled the desk to the side where it exploded into splinters against the wall. He grabbed Reyd by the neck and shoved him into one of the remaining window panes. Holding the sparking coin in front of Reyd's race, Joe began to laugh.

"This might hurt a bit. Amoverus sends his regards."

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 25, 2011, 03:15:10 pm »
"It's not over yet!" spluttered Reyn, pushing something cold and metal into Joe's ribcage. A gun; an old, rusted revolver.

"This is a parting gift from war, back when he retired in 1918. I'm willing to bet whatever you can do to me is nothing compared to what this can do." he continued, violently jabbing it, "And like hell I'm wasting the last shot on you!"

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 25, 2011, 03:25:12 pm »
Xenocrates had decided to monitor Vockt closely, since he was attempting to evacuate his servant to safety. He supposed that Vockt would be the next hit, if Print and Law had been attacked. His suspicions were confirmed when Vockt went flying out a window, and he was quickly on the scene, casually strolling into the office through the door.

"Hello, hello, look who it is," Xenocrates said with a smile. He observed the scene of the two fighting avatars, "Gentlemen, please, we can reason this out. There's hardly a need for conflict. I understand the death of carnival must have been hard on you, but honestly, going around killing other Gods? Sit down, both of you."
« Last Edit: February 25, 2011, 03:27:02 pm by Raz »

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #41 on: February 25, 2011, 03:34:35 pm »
"Stay out of this, Xenocrates. It's not your problem but it will be if you don't get out of here. Either way, it's time to end this! Say goodbye Mr. Reyd and the traitor Vockt."

Joe thrust the coin into Reyd's hand and stepped back. Vockt's servant rose up into the air and was engulfed by a bright light that began to spread around the office. All things related to Vockt and his work exploded apart as the light found them and wherever he was, Vockt could feel his power draining away. Joe's laughter filled the office as his weapon did its work. Giving a bow to Xenocrates, the circus freak changed back into a balding, middle aged man and he ran out of the office.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 25, 2011, 03:49:17 pm »
Xenocrates would've whacked Joe in the head with his staff, but the man apparently moved too quickly. Heavily annoyed by the uncompromising lunatic, Xenocrates turned his attention to Reyd, and advanced forwardly quickly towards the light. Gripping Reyd's arm with a strength unlike any elderly man, Xenocrates brought the staff up, and slammed it against the approximate position of the coin, hoping the Godly object would dislodge the weapon before Vockt and Reyd both perished.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2011, 04:07:16 pm »
Against a god's power the coin was powerless and the light that was killing Reyd and Vockt vanished. The man fell to the floor and Vockt, though slightly wobbly, was able to regain control of his situation. Sitting on the floor at Reyd's feet was the coin. Vockt's name glowed brightly and the room felt terribly cold, even for a god. All around the heavens a sense of foreboding flooded the hearts and minds of the divine and they knew that the killer had tried to strike again. This time however, he had apparently failed. And his escape had not yet been secured.

Back at Sinima's studio, the cloaked man groaned loudly seemed to swell with power. It was brief but it was enough. His posture improved and his voice seemed to become more-youthful. Sighing, he pulled off his cloak and revealed his aging figure. Placing a hand on Woodholly's shoulder, the man sent him skidding across the floor.

"You're supposed to answer when a superior asks you a question, boy."

Holding his hand over Woodholly's typewriter, the old man zapped it with a strange energy and then vanished. The typewriter burst to life and began shooting page-after-page into the air. This continued for a few moments until a stack of papers had formed on the floor near Woodholly. It was his script, now finished. And looking over the pages, it was spectacular and it was terrifying.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: March 03, 2011, 02:45:11 pm »
Woodholly was lost in his script, the furious typing on the typewriter drowning out the sounds in the room. He was too lost in his creativity and imagination to even hear the cloaked figure ask him anything, let alone hear him open the door. His world was filled with words, scenes, lines, characterization and special effects. Sinima's task would be done thought Mr. Woodholly, who was growing more and more excitied as he wrote the end of a god.

His train of thought was cut short though, as he was finishing the last line, 'lawless', he felt a sudden grip on his shoulder. Intending to turn to see the intruder, Mr. Woodholly was quite surprised to find himself thrown violently back to the far edge of the room by this unknown man. Dizzy from the quick movement, Mr. Woodholly watched in horror as his beautiful script flew in the air around him. He feared it would be destroyed, or, worse, STOLEN!  Regaining his composure, Mr. Woodholly stood up.

The air in the room grew chilly as the sounds of thunder filled the room. It was a stormy mood, thus the scene should fit the tone of the main character in it.

"Who in the heck are you! What do you think you're doing! This is private property good sir and I am damn sure that you are not supposed to be here!"

He then felt an ominous presence coming from the figure, the sounds in the room began to fill with rain as the thunder storm sounds grew more prevalent.

"Wh...What do you want..?"