Poll

Do you like the idea of new gods?

Yes
No

Author Topic: The God RP OOC  (Read 12511 times)

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
Re: The God RP OOC
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 11:46:39 am »
God of Hipsters!

He'll spread his heavenly gospel, but it's probably not worth it; it's really obscure and he can tell it's not your thing.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
  • Blood for the Blood God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2011, 11:53:35 am »
Can there be a God of Supernatural Events? (Ghosts, hauntings, stuff like that...) dark symphonic metal?

You know, the guy who keeps Ghost Busters in a job?

I keep imagining him as one of those Old (Gheezer) Gods that has to adapt to the times.
Quote from: The Evil Overlords Handbook
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2011, 11:55:23 am »
Pat isn't aiming for that stuff. He's aiming for recent, current Gods. People don't worship supernatural events.

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2011, 11:59:36 am »
I will take the god of law.  Not big Law, order of the universe stuff.  Little law, what lawyers deal with.  And the god is technically dead, swindled out of his power and divinity by his subordinate.  He presides over the former law keepers, who are largely as corrupt as he is and act as something between demons and boogeymen.  They're known to be nasty, cruel, and deceitful, but when you have nowhere else to turn you bargain with them.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2011, 12:04:01 pm »
What do you guys think if there was a God of 4Chan? God, there would be global chaos.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2011, 12:07:45 pm »
I think are you serious about playing? :-\

Online Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2011, 12:10:49 pm »
How about a god of recreational weapons?  It would cover pretty much anything not in open warfare.  Hunting, target shooting, paintball, those goofy white kids with samurai swords and ceremonial battle axes.  I'd expand weapons to include fishing, too.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2011, 12:20:57 pm »
Sounds fine to me. God of Recreation! I like it.

Some other ideas that have been thrown about but not claimed...

god of democracy
god of the corporation
god of conservation
god of cinema/television
god of the stock market

Mostly Western ideals, but they work.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2011, 12:23:15 pm »
*claims Democracy*

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2011, 12:30:14 pm »
Claiming God of Capitalism. (Probably counts as Corporation, but stretches to cover matarial possetions and stuff as well)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #25 on: February 03, 2011, 12:36:45 pm »
Character sheets should look like this for your god...

Name:
Represents:
Bio:

And your human character's sheet should look like this...

Name:
Bio:
Abilities:

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 03, 2011, 01:06:27 pm »
Wait, was Secularism one of those bad ideas?

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 03, 2011, 01:24:04 pm »
I call god of Cinema!

Bio inc.
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Neoadept

• Fooblitzky Fooble
  • Has a nice hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 03, 2011, 01:45:50 pm »
Name:  Abraxas
Represents:  Law
Bio:  Once, in an age now long past, Law was the domain of Trum, who rose with the first civilizations as man learned to govern himself.  He created the Arbitrators, a group of mortals blessed with a fraction of his divine power, and set them to upholding the law, binding men to their word punishing those who defied the precepts of civilization.  At their head, Trum placed his cleverest disciple, Abraxas.

Abraxas grew old, and asked for a measure of life that he could continue his duty.  He was stolen from, and so asked for the power to retrieve what was rightfully his.  A hundred small requests, each granted, each giving Abraxas more than Trum intended by virtue of their wording (for those who are of law cannot lie or neglect to fulfill a bargain, even one made unwittingly).  Finally, his master trapped in a web of words and promises, Abraxas tightened them into a noose, seizing his patron's power and place in the pantheon.

The Arbitrators, corrupted by their new leader, fell to this new law, becoming con men and swindlers.  For generations they bartered for what men might offer, taking more than their victim's suspected.  But they were bound in turn, as their patron before them, a thousand oaths, some made without ever knowing, wrapped them, making them little more than beggars or worse despite their power.  Abraxas, by virtue of his mastery of trickery and distance from the mortal world, retained the ability to act freely.  Even as his people scratch out a meager living among mortals, he seeks out fresh, clever minds to supplement his forces.

Despite his tendency to trickery, he is bound by the same laws that undid his predecessor (speak no word that is not true, take nothing that isn't given) and is thus considered safe enough to act as mediator amongst the gods, binding them to agreements between one another.  It generally works out, so long as the fine print is read.

Law is not Justice, Truth is not Honesty, all words are also chains.

Name:  Arthur Cormin
Affiliated with:  Sought by Abraxas, Senior Agent at DDI
Bio:  For reasons that he keeps private, Arthur has been a subject of Abraxas's interest for decades.  As a child his family was broken by a web constructed by an Arbitrator, and at sixteen he ran away either in the hopes that either he or his parents would be freed.  He hopes his familly was left alone, because agents of law have never stopped tormenting him.

Years of dealing with the plots of the divine made him uniquely suited to fight back against them, and when he finally ran into the Deific Defense Initiative it was no great leap to join them.  Since the dawn of time mortals have been ensnared in the plots of the gods, but as the deities retreat from the physical world and human knowledge increases, certain agencies have moved from being pawns to being players.  In his role at the DDI Arthur seeks to limit the influence of the gods in the workings of the world, and strives to direct what they do towards the betterment of humanity.

Despite his new position, Abraxas still pursues him as relentlessly as ever, attempting to snare him in a web as subtle as a fine mist.

Abilities:
I'm With the Agency:  Despite being merely mortal, Arthur has access to the resources of the DDI, which possess a black budget in the billions and unlimited area of operations.  Still, he is bound by their rules and regulations as much as he is helped by them.
I Know What I'm doing:  Arthur has been dealing with deities his whole life, and he knows how to face them as well as a divine agent might.

Name:  Atrim
Affiliation:  New Arbitrator of Abraxas
Bio:  His former life as a pure mortal shrouded in mystery, Atrim is know only as an Arbitrator, specifically the one who has hounded Arthur all his life.  Impish, arrogant, and not nearly as clever as he thinks he is, he is caught by his own words nearly as often as he comes out ahead.  Has a complicated relationship with his master.

Abilities:
Words Untrue are Never Spoken:  Atrim, like all Arbitrators, cannot lie.  But, as we all know, truth is not honesty.
A Deal Once Made is Never Broken:  All Arbitrators hold perfectly to any deal they make, assuming the other side is upheld just as truly.
What's Mine Belongs First to Me:  Anything can be bartered to an Arbitrator, even the intangible.  Love, beauty, and talent are just a few of the things they deal in.  Anything they own can be summoned to them at any time, and they are given a certain amount of freedom in altering these objects.  By the same token, they cannot take anything that is not given, though what constitutes a deal or gift is open to argument.
Break Your Oath and Mine is Free:  It is an absolutely terrible idea to break an oath to an Arbitrator, as it frees them from any related oath they made to you, or even an oath made about you.  Many a familly have found themselves in dire straights upon accidentally breaking a blood oath made generations ago.
Nefarious?  Nearly.  Ne’er-do-well?  Never!  Neither nearly names this narrator.  Naive and knowledgeable, notorious and inscrutable, this nascent Nero is known naturally as Neoadept.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 03, 2011, 02:00:23 pm »
Name: Vockt
Represents: Capitalism
Bio:Vockt was born in 1602 with the creation of the Dutch East-India Company. Instead of being a god of wealth or luxury which would be expected, he is a god of self-interest, profit making and material goods; whilst similar to Wealth, it is distinct in the respect that Wealth was traditionally reprisentative of inherited wealth, of Kings, Lords and the Land owners which had a monopoly over their assets - whilst Vockt's control is over that of the merchant and the buisnessman, whose assets could die the next morning or be stolen by his own collegue.

With the spread of the Free Market and of Capitalist ideals in the 18th and 19th century, his power spread to all four corners of the globe. Vockt constantly tries to keep the equilbrium between huge Corperations, as the more competion created within his domain, the more worship he recieves and the more powerful he gets. Cities such as New York and London were his powerhouses and the richer part of Western Society was his playground, which led to his overall cockiness when dealing with other Gods - in his own mind the Old Gods would trade their Godhood for mortality in order to get the sort of power he held.

Depsite his dominance in much of the mortal world, his crippling flaws include his cockyness, his gambling attidute and the tendancy to ignore the equal powers of the other Gods - Vockt cannot understand that mortals have needs beside goods and money. Many times he has been punished by his collegues for his cockyness and attempts at grabbing more than his fair share of the world. Karl Marx's creation of Communism, the Stock market crashes in 1929 and the 1980s, creation of the Soviet Union and many, many worker Strikes were all punishments on Vockt's un-godlike attitude.

Want to check if is this too Powergamey or will it do? I don't want to move on to making a human if I'm taking more than my fair share.

Also Neoadapt was on the last page, in case you missed that last page post.
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 02:27:28 pm by Plank of Wood »