Author Topic: Future World  (Read 10304 times)

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Future World
« Reply #60 on: February 17, 2011, 04:19:02 pm »
(Last chance, Dr. Z. It would also be nice if you guys could post more, Haseri and Badger.)

The SAEF is feeling threatened by it's two neighbors, and moves to make closer ties with the middle east. It releases a statement that makes it clear that full autonomy will be maintained. Construction of a space elevator is starting in eastern Borneo, while a moon colony is planned.

The European Union and Pan-African Economic Union both continue their current works. Pan-African diplomats are sent to Russia to discuss military cooperation.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: February 17, 2011, 06:06:30 pm »
No word on Russia's courting of other nations?

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: February 18, 2011, 01:38:12 am »
Honestly, I have nothing. It just doesn't feel like I'm doing anything without at least semi-regular updates.

Maybe NESes from CivFanatics have conditioned me to think so.

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: February 18, 2011, 05:04:14 am »
I'll be updating every day now, anyways.

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 18, 2011, 08:33:41 am »
No he didn't. >.>

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 18, 2011, 02:54:50 pm »
Both myself and Josasa are attempting to absorb you. If not, we'll probably kill and assimilate you. Clarke's not letting those states join me currently for some reason. Their owners are basically dead anyway.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 18, 2011, 09:25:20 pm »
Greater Russia

Domestic

Greater Russia was booming like the old Chinese on crack. The people were motivated, healthier, and harder working than ever. Stories of success were spreading like a plague throughout Russia, which prompted Dakistov to give funds to an up-and-coming film producer to show how amazing Russia had become. The film featured many once-homeless or downtrodden people being interviewed, and explaining how they'd been taken off the streets, sheltered, given food and water, and taught valuable skills. Now, most of them were relatively skilled workers, and becoming more skilled every day. Other interviewees, who had been rejected from the pre-NRHS hospitals because of financial issues, were accepted and testified that they paid hardly anything, and received treatment that saved their lives. A few were even those citizens of the new members of Greater Russia, Poles, Finns, and Czechs talking about things were improving at the speed of lightning. This film, named "Greater Russia: The NEW Land of Opportunity," was quickly distributed across the globe in an effort to drum up Russian support.

With the economy having turned into a snowball, Dakistov turned much of the military from inward affairs to helping build infrastructure in the new member states, along with improving the worst pre-Russian member states. Siberia had become criss-crossed by a network of mines, factories, lumber harvesters, roads, rails, and towns. With Siberia improving of its own momentum, special attention was paid to the more impoverished regions.

While the infrastructure construction explosion continued, Dakistov realigned the budget once more, putting more money in space technologies including military applications, as well as exotic sciences and unconventional forms of reaching space, as well as more money into the general military.

Research on military applications of space technology was really beginning to pay off, as Russian engineers designed realistic kinetic-energy, "Rods from God" military satellites. Entirely legal in terms of UN law concerning outer space activities, these satellite designs and prototypes were generally not mentioned, except in a very obscure fashion, to the regular UN observers. There was no presence of weapons on Luna, nor were any thermonuclear warheads to be placed on the satellites. Russian military contractors quickly set about building dozens of these satellites, with Dakistov asking the SPCM to allow Greater Russia temporary access to some elevator shipments over the next months and years to deploy these "satellites," unnamed in any other way.

Research on mining asteroids was significantly downsized, as no more progress could be made until suitable transports could be designed. Money was thus pulled from the designs of asteroid mining, and added to the budget of the general Russian space program.

With the increased spending on the military, it grew much larger, encompassing far more infantry, tanks, planes, etc. Most notable was the increase in the number of hypersonic stealth air-superiority fighters, an amount which almost doubled, and hypersonic stealth bombers, which increased just under the fighters. Military contractors were churning out hardware within Russia. Greater Russia's nuclear missile systems were also brought completely back online, reasoned once more to serve as a "deterrent" to the other Federations.

Foreign

Very quietly, Russian military officials and ambassadors welcomed the Pan-African diplomats, and were very eager to discuss cooperation on more than just military issues. Dakistov himself eventually attended one of the meetings, and was recorded as stating, "Pan-Africa and Greater Russia share a number of commonalities. Russia was once lagging behind the other Federations, and has now come to forefront, along with the SPCM. Russia contained a great trove of untapped natural resources, and has moved to exploit these. Russia was once downtrodden upon by the West.

"Pan-Africa has the same potential as we had. Your lands contain many resources, untapped. Pan-Africa continues to resemble a hot Siberia; lacking in major infrastructure in many areas. Pan-Africa has always been stomped by the West. Though our cultures may be different, we have experiences many of the same conditions. In Pan-Africa, I see enormous, massive potential. We can help to develop your lands; become trading partners; form an alliance. Together, Pan-Africa and Greater Russia, along with our Pacific allies, can become the single greatest alliance in the history of Mankind. You, my future friends, need only take that first leap. Join us, and the rewards will be unimaginable. Thank you, and may your people forever prosper. We await your decision."

Greater Russia continued to pressure its target nations, seeking to rend them from the other Federations. Pro-Russian propaganda spread throughout the nearby Federations, concentrated in those currently key states that Dakistov so vehemently sought. However, Russia changed its game plan with the Arabs slightly, redoubling its efforts, and pressuring Turkey, all of Iran, Pakistan, and Afghanistan. These last two, previously ignored, would be crucial to boxing in the highly resistant SAEF.

As the SAEF declared their resoluteness to remain independent, Russia withdrew its searching tendrils from the Federation, and immediately classified the Federation as a possible target, which lead to their interest in Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Finally, Dakistov transferred a number of purely theoretical military plans to Yamato. The first was titled "Operation Indian Typhoon," and detailed a combined Eurasian-Pacific blitz of the SAEF, ideally with most of the forces being Pacific in nature, with most of the action concerning mainland SAEF, primarily India. It states that the neutralization of India would be paramount to breaking the spine of the SAEF. Without India, the puny islands of the SAEF would be negligible. Upon victory, the plan also stated that all spoils and territory would go to the SPCM.

The second was titled "Operation Waxing Crescent," and detailed a possible combined African-Eurasian blitz of the Arabs. Pan-Africa would sweep upwards into Northern Africa, and Russia would push through Turkey, Afghanistan, and then Pakistan. From there, it would commit a massive coordinated attack on the main Middle East on three fronts.

The third, final, and currently most unlikely, was titled "Operation Broken Europe." This plan called for a blitz of the European Union, focusing on the lands east of France. Russian armies would advance and occupy Eastern Europe, Scandinavia, Germany, and Italy, in accordance with the generals' thoughts that control of West Europe would be unstable and unlikely to survive for too long a period of time.

All three Operations included scenarios in the event of NAFTA or FSAS intervention, which was likely. However, the Russian re-activation of its nuclear facilities was cited as one reason for NAFTA and FSAS to keep their noses out of the Russian-Pacific-African business. If it became obvious that NAFTA or the FSAS planned to intervene, the plans merely stated that Russia maintained a hidden ace that could be revealed, assuming these Operations were committed a year or two after their creation. All three also stated that the expanded Russian-Pacific domination of space would only make these Operations that much easier, and that the more time that was given to allow the space facilities to grow would greatly pay off in any war.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 18, 2011, 10:49:21 pm »
So... World War 3?

Also, if you don't have it already, shouldn't you research into commercial supersonic transport? You have a pretty big nation and having something like that would be pretty useful in my mind.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 19, 2011, 10:48:46 am »
They're just plans, and flying supersonic transport is very unlikely and probably cost prohibitive. Perhaps the next turn, I'll start laying down bullet train magnetic rails.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2011, 06:25:42 pm »
Sino-Pacific Cooperative Market

Inner Domestic
Thanks to advances in digging technology, the tunnels proceeded much faster than similar projects back at the beginning of the 21st century. Tsushima Island was getting closer and closer to be connected to both Korea and Japan. It was only a matter of weeks before there would be the breakthrough, at which point the workers would hurry to lay down the high-speed rail systems so as to get the rail system up and running. Projections for improved transport of goods showed that the high-speed rails would cut heavy-weight transport times down to 10% of their regular time. For the longest time, the SPCM had always been known for its merchant marine fleet, due to the many islands that fell under its jurisdiction. Now, with these rail systems, the SPCM was expecting a small boom in production.

The space elevator continued construction, now reaching miles into the sky. The thread had been strung from the top of the tower to the population station in orbit, giving it the basis of the couterweight to keep the structure upright. Everything was going according to plan.

Research into military applications for space ships continued unabated. In fact, the SPCM was investing more and more money into these attempts at gaining some security. Engineers were being tasked at designing a major space ship, which was to begun construction as soon as the orbital shipyard was completed. This ship was planned to have a purely military application. It would have a fusion reactor of its own to power everything onboard, once completed it would have the largest mass-driver constructed by man to date, and it would be able to travel between the planets, giving the SPCM the ability to project an influence anywhere they pleased within the solar system. It was planned that this ship would have almost 500 crew members at any given time.

Outer Domestic
Premier Yamato had been awaiting this moment for some time. He had watched the SPCM work towards creating a stronger, more permanent presence in space. And now that the orbital shipyard was completed, the SPCM was that much closer to keeping their foot in the doorway to outer space.

Surrounding him were various newscasters, cameramen, politicians, advisers, and the workers based on the orbital shipyard. It was a time of celebration and everyone was smiling as they knew the implications of this event.

"Without further ado, I hereby christen this station the Zheng He!"

The large assembly hall within the Zheng He resounded with cheers and yells as everyone broke into applause. Down on earth, the people of the SPCM were watching from their homes, no doubt celebrating themselves at their union's successful venture.

Almost immediately, work began on the construction of the military ship.

Foreign
There had been much talk between the SPCM and the NEEZ. Their intentions were not obvious, but at the same time they were not hard to figure out. Because of this, cooperation between the two, especially between their military leaders, had reached a new level. The largest concern for the SPCM was the SAEF. Their geographical position neatly separated the SPCM in two. Australia was a valuable addition to the union, and the SAEF did a very good job of making it appear far away. And now that rail lines were being laid out to connect the union, the SAEF appeared to be more and more in the way. Plans were being drawn up in case of an outbreak of war.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2011, 01:32:35 pm »
Clarke has stated that this game is dead. Since he won't do it himself, I'm doing it now.

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2011, 03:50:01 pm »
Clarke has stated that this game is dead. Since he won't do it himself, I'm doing it now.
Didn't give you permission for that, stop assuming. :I

Most of the blame for this crashing and burning rests on my shoulders; I took a format which was well known and common on a different forum, and assumed that it would work without me really explaining. I also really didn't put much effort to planning it out, I just kind of rushed ahead.

I'm locking this. Make your own if you want, I guess.