Author Topic: Future World  (Read 10323 times)

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
Re: Future World
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2011, 07:58:42 am »
Shouldn't you already be able to use ion drives since we have them today?
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2011, 08:01:12 am »
Yes, but not widely used.

And it was more a question than an order.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2011, 09:26:02 am »
The Sino-Pacific Cooperative Market would like to point out that the UN still contains those states not capable of reaching space, yet they have an equal say in the laws concerning space. At the same time, it would probably be a good idea to separate home from space. There are many concerns that the UN can deal with on Earth while the USFN would be more suited to focusing on space. This separation would benefit everyone involved, and no doubt spur on larger migration to space with more efficient laws.

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2011, 09:43:39 am »
(Yeah, the UN controls all that stuff, it's more powerful during this time than it is now. All nations already have space capability, but non have fifty thousand, or anywhere close, in space at this time. There are no states that remain outside of the influence of a federation, and all are represented by a federation, not individually.

As for rockets, remember we have widespread fusion power. It should take one turn to reach any object in the inner solar system, and two to any object within the orbit of Saturn.

Note that nobody has any colonies yet. A few small research stations are on the moon, one on mars. These are all controlled by the U.N.

I'd like everybody to have a space elevator eventually, really. Everyone has territories on or near the equator, small islands controlled by the EU and NAFTA, such as the pacific islands and St. Helena, are still in their control.

And Dr. Z, Flisch owns Israel. You'd have to ask him.)

The NEEZ, PAEU, and SAEF all begin pumping large quantities of money toward the research and development of space-based technologies. All plan to establish basic moon colonies, while the PAEU also begins work on an expedition to Mars. SAEF begins drafting blueprints to transform a mid-sized asteroid into a habitable area by carving it out and capping it, spinning it to generate gravity. The NEEZ starts a program that will attempt to mine asteroids for the materials which are now scarce on Earth. The SAEF agrees to the SPCM's proposals to demilitarize and reduce tariffs.

« Last Edit: February 05, 2011, 09:46:13 am by Clarke »

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 08, 2011, 02:06:51 pm »
Yeah, uh... I don't see any progress bar, so... how about pumping more money into space programs?
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 08, 2011, 02:26:50 pm »
Perhaps I should have been more clear. It isn't exactly like Populous - in fact a player's posts should quite outnumber mine. I only step in to correct something that's gone a bit too far, like Badger's Jupiter station, and to post NPC and UN actions.

So, for now, you could start setting up colonies on the moon and mars, someone could claim Phobos or Demos, or maybe begin developing mining operations in the asteroid belt. "Start sending the habitats needed for a small colony over to Valles Marineres, and begin selection of a few hundred colonists, as well as assembling a few larger ships in orbit. Begin a program to locate a medium-sized crater to develop into a colony on the moon." would be an example post. If you move to fast, I'll tell you, and you can adjust your post so that the actions are toned down a bit.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 08, 2011, 02:47:30 pm »
So this is really a lot more free form? We just kinda go at what we think is the right speed and you cut in if it's too fast?

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 08, 2011, 03:04:24 pm »
Exactly.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 08, 2011, 03:20:38 pm »
Can I join?

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 08, 2011, 03:39:37 pm »
Sure.

If anybody doesn't post within 30 hours, Raz gets their federation. :3

*Clarke starts a stopwatch*

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 08, 2011, 03:40:50 pm »
Well, you've got three NPCs, and NPCs aren't as interesting as PCs.

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 08, 2011, 03:42:14 pm »
Yeah, but I like to have some control. I also feel a few people have lost interest, so I'm just going to wait and see who posts and who doesn't.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 08, 2011, 03:43:18 pm »
I was starting to hawk the NEEZ federation though :o Untapped natural resources? And they're going into space? Exploit those suckers first.

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: February 08, 2011, 03:46:17 pm »
Fine, you can have them. :P

But I'll start posting for players if they continue to be inactive for an extended period of time.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 08, 2011, 04:16:17 pm »
North Eurasian Economic Zone

The NEEZ, in an unpredicted move, suddenly abandoned plans for a lunar colony, stating, "The effort simply isn't worth it at this time. We must strengthen the Motherland before pushing out further into space." However, they plan to continue funding a space program, as well as the earlier plans to mine asteroids for raw materials, but most of the funding will be immediately diverted to the "Strong Motherland Plan."

The plan details efforts to repair and rebuild aging infrastructure, finance the construction of mines and factories to vitalize the economy, offer incentives to citizens to move near to the new work sites, and expand the rail and road system across the NEEZ, with particular attention to connecting vital resource sites, among other initiatives to strengthen the Earth-side NEEZ economy, including increasing the number of recycling facilities to take in the world's scraps and trash so that the valuable materials can be extracted, as well as plans to almost completely switch farming activity over to highly efficient robots to produce a larger crop to turn the NEEZ into much more of a player in the increasingly strained agricultural markets of the world.

The current Prime Minister views the exploitation of Russia's untapped resources as far more important to not only the NEEZ, but also to the other federations, who will want and need Russian materials to expand their space programs effectively.

For foreign policy, Prime Minister Dakistov heavily lowered tariffs and trade barriers to the other federations, looking to further economically integrate the NEEZ into the rest of the world. Dakistov also voted Nay against the creation of the USFN. Other than that, the NEEZ were rather quiet on the foreign front.