Author Topic: BSF Galactic Conquest - Recruiting  (Read 3247 times)

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
BSF Galactic Conquest - Recruiting
« on: February 02, 2011, 01:30:42 pm »
This is a strategy game utilizing Battleships Forever that is currently looking to recruit 4 Players whose megalomania  enables them to send wave after wave of their own men into harms way to secure victory!

This game is turnbased. Players go in a specified order determined randomly at the start of the game.
Players have 2 Resources that they accumulate each turn.
Action Points(aP) accumulate for all players that the same speed. At the beginning of every turn, every player gains 10 action points. They may spend these points on actions necessary to run their empire. Any aP not used is saved for the next turn.
Resource Points (rP) accumulate for all players based on the resources given to them by planetary sectors. They spend these points on purchasing ships and stations. The cost of ships and stations is determined by the designs created by the player using the BSF tourney rules. Any rP not used is saved for the next turn.

Players Start the game with 10 aP, 50 rP, and one 35 rP station in their Home Sector. They may claim or conquer other sectors by moving ships into them. Players are only aware of their own ships and station's locations. Players only become aware of other players ships when they claim territory, scan a sector neighboring their ships, or a major battle takes place. All battles are posted in the thread for all to see.

Actions taken by a player on his turn. These are all turned into me in private messages. I will post updates in this topic once all orders for all players have been sent.

• Buy more Action points- 0 aP 1 aP costs 25 rP
  • Build a Ship - 1 to 3 aP Builds a ship in a sector owned by the player that contains a Station. 1 point to build a Yacht or Frigate, 2 to build a Cruiser, 3 to build a Battleship.
  • Build a Station- 2 aP Builds a station in a sector owned by the player.
  • Scan Neighboring Sector - 2 aP Reveals all ships/stations in an enemy sector that neighbors a sector containing your ships. Useless on neutral sectors.
  • Move Fleet- 1 to 10 aP Moves group of ships from one sector to another sector. Moving to neutral or undefended sectors automatically claims them. Moving to garrisoned enemy sectors initiates a battle. Cost Scales with the slowest ship in the fleet. Slower = more aP. (((1.00 - speed of slowest ship in fleet)x10)+1)

Players are free to contact each other as much as they like.

Ships, Stations and Battles all use Battleships Forever.

Ships and Stations are designed in the Battleships forever ship editor, using the  BSF Tourney rules. The cost of the ship from the BSF rules is the cost that must be payed in rP. Ships enter play in a sector that contains a station, as per the players choice.

Ships can be uploaded to Mediafire in order to send them to me.

BSF Tourney Rules:

Code: [Select]
First step:
-Choose a ship class.
   Station: Increases economy and defends a planet.
   Battleship: Slow, but large and strong
   Cruiser: The middle-ground between frigate and battleship
   Frigate: Small and fragile, but agile
   Yacht: Small, Fast, and economical

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Your ship starts off with these stats
Base Stats-|---Station-----|--Battleship---|----Cruiser----|----Frigate----|-----Yacht-----|
Core HP    |----- 600 -----|----- 500 -----|----- 400 -----|----- 300 -----|----- 150 -----| (Appears as Base HP)
Section HP |----- 225 -----|----- 200 -----|----- 175 -----|----- 150 -----|----- 125 -----| (Set every section to this HP)
Max Speed  |----- 0.15 ----|------ 0 ------|----- 0.15 ----|----- 0.40 ----|----- 1.00 ----|
Accelerate |------ 0 ------|------ 0 ------|----- 0.02 ----|----- 0.05 ----|----- 0.10 ----|
Turning    |----- 0.10 ----|------ 0 ------|------ 0 ------|----- 0.20 ----|----- 0.35 ----|
Base Cost  |------ 15 -----|------ 5 ------|------ 4 ------|------ 3 ------|------ 2 ------|

For every point you spend, add this much to those stats
Add Stats--|---Station-----|--Battleship---|----Cruiser----|----Frigate----|-----Yacht-----|
Core HP Add|----- 60 ------|----- 50 ------|----- 40 ------|----- 30 ------|----- 15 ------|
Sec. HP Add|----- 175 -----|----- 150 -----|----- 125 -----|----- 100 -----|----- 50 ------| (On one section, not all of them)
Max Speed  |------ 0 ------|----- 0.10 ----|----- 0.15 ----|----- 0.20 ----|----- 0.10 ----|
Accelerate |------ 0 ------|----- 0.01 ----|----- 0.02 ----|----- 0.05 ----|----- 0.01 ----|
Turning    |------ 0 ------|----- 0.08 ----|----- 0.14 ----|----- 0.20 ----|----- 0.05 ----|

How much adding a section costs (Read / as for)
Sections---|---Station-----|--Battleship---|----Cruiser----|----Frigate----|-----Yacht-----|
Cost-------|-- 3 points/1 -|-- 1 point/2 --|-- 1 point/1 --|-- 2 points/1 -|-- 3 points/1 -|

Station - Increases Sector Richness by 1 per 5 sections (max 20 sections) (1 per sector)

Weapons and Modules

Attribute-------|----Cost----| Restrictions or Bonuses and Description
=Expansions=====|============|=
Mining Beam-----|----- 1 ----| Earns 1 rP a turn
Blast Miner-----|----- 3 ----| Earns 2 rP a turn (Gluon Bolter) (Station Only)
GravityHarvester|----- 3 ----| Earns (1*Sector Richness) points a turn (Gravity Beam) (Station Only)
=Projectiles====|============|=
MachineGun------|----- 1 ----| (Like the Gatling Pulse. It has less damage, but more accurate)
Missile Launcher|----- 1 ----| (Cheap Missiles)
Pulse Gun-------|----- 1 ----| May have Arc increased to 360 (Fast Firing)
Repeater Gun----|----- 1 ----| May have Arc increased to 360 (Fast Firing)
Blaster Cannon--|----- 2 ----| (Reliable, all around good weapon, though inaccurate)
Gatling Pulse---|----- 2 ----| May have Arc increased to 180 (Fast Firing)
Plasma Ball-----|----- 2 ----| May have Range increased to 1200. (Invulnerable to Point Defense, damage similar to Missile)
Vulcan Cannon---|----- 2 ----| (Bigger, less accurate Machine Gun)
Gatling Blaster-|----- 3 ----|  (Faster firing Blaster)
MiniMissile Rack|----- 3 ----| (Fires barrage of weak homing missiles)
Plasma Charge---|----- 3 ----|(Missile that does more damage the longer it is traveling)
Quad Blaster----|----- 3 ----| (Regularly Firing Blaster)
Rocket Launcher-|----- 3 ----| (Fast rockets, deal more damage when at full speed. No homing ability)
Particle Rifle--|----- 4 ----| (Small damage, projectiles are immune to Point Defense)
Tachyon Cannon--|----- 4 ----| (Fires Unstable energy bolt, that phases through sections, but not shields!)
Twin Blasters---|----- 4 ----| (Fires 2 Blaster shots)
Repeat.Artillery|----- 5 ----| (Smaller Version of Tac Nuke, less damage but faster reload)
AutoCannon------|----- 6 ----| (Fires a projectile that explodes into many smaller projectiles on impact, or when shot with Point Defense)
Tachyon Driver--|----- 6(4) -| First Driver on a ship costs 6, all subsequent cost 4 for that ship only. (Fires a wave that destroys all projectiles it collides with)
Flash Bolter----|----- 9 ----| When on Yachts or Frigates, range must be set to 900 (Fires fast and long range projectiles, that do moderate damage)
Particle Cannon-|----- 10 ---| When on Yachts, Frigates or Cruisers, range must be set to 900 (Heavy Damage, slow projectiles are immune to Point Defense)
Tac Nuke Cannon-|----- 10 ---| When on Yachts or Frigates, range must be set to 900 (Accurate Gun, fast projectile, long range, high damage, slow reload)
Tachyon Repeater|----- 10 ---| (Faster firing Tachyon Cannon)
Torpedo Launcher|----- 12 ---| When on Yachts, Frigates or Cruisers, range must be set to 900 (Big slow missile, tracks targets and is highly resistant to Point Defense. Very High Damage)
Twin AutoCannon-|----- 15 ---| (Two Autocannons)
=Beams==========|============|=
Mining Beam-----|----- 1 ----| (Smallest beam weapon, fast firing)
Scatter Beam----|----- 2 ----| (Small Beam Weapon, fast firing, not accurate)
Shock Beamer----|----- 2 ----| 4/ship (Beam Weapon, slow firing, will charge up to do bonus damage when not firing regularly)
Beamer----------|----- 3 ----|  (Slow firing, but highly accurate, benchmark beam weapon)
Mega Beam-------|----- 4 ----| (Highly inaccurate beam, but has very high damage and long firing rate)
Twin Beamers----|----- 8 ----| (Capital grade beam weapon. Actually increases all of the capabilities of the single beamer by x2.5)
=Point=Defense==|============|=
Point Beam------|----- 2 ----| (Low rate of fire, but will destroy anything in 1 hit)
Flak Cannon-----|----- 3 ----| (High Rate of fire, low accuracy, good against barrages)
Point Rockets---|----- 3 ----| (Long Range, high rate of fire, has a minimum effective range)
Particle Gun----|----- 3(1) -| First Particle Gun on a ship costs 3, all subsequent cost 1 for that ship only. (Mid range, more accurate than flak, faster than Point Beams)
=Misc===========|============|=
Demeter Launcher|----- 2 ----| (Fires a drone that will harass enemies from different angles)
Sidewinder------|----- 2 ----| (Fires a disk sideways, that will curve back to the front of your ship)
Flare Gun-------|----- 3 ----| (Causes Point Defense to fire at flares)
Weasel Gun------|----- 3 ----| May have Arc increased to 360 (Shoots a shot that will break up and curve around a ship)
Pulsar Gun------|----- 4 ----| (Fires a barrage of pink sparkles. Humiliate your enemies to death)
Railgun---------|----- 4 ----| (Damages many sections in a line, if no shields stop them first)
Tesla Gun-------|----- 5 ----| (Very fast firing, high damage, beam-like weapon, short range)
Twin Railguns---|----- 7 ----| (Two Railguns, with a slightly lower firing rate)
Demeter Pod Lchr|----- 12(8) | 2/ship First Launcher on a ship costs 12, all subsequent cost 8 for that ship only. (Fires a mass of demeters)
Sabot Cannon----|----- 15 ---| 2/ship When on Yachts or Frigates, Arc is limited to 60 degrees(High Explosive railgun. Will pierce any shield)
=Modules========|============|=
Teller Torpedo--|----- 2 ----|
Gluon Bolter----|----- 3 ----|
Gosling Launcher|----- 3 ----|
Gravity Beam----|----- 3 ----|
Deflector Shield|----- 4 ----| 1 per 3 sections
Booster---------|----- 5 ----| 2/ship
Gravitic Impeder|----- 5 ----|
Aegis Deflector-|----- 6 ----| 1 per 3 sections, Attached section is set to 50hp and can have no weapons or modules
Lancet Beam-----|----- 6 ----| 2/ship
Rorschach-------|----- 6 ----|
Impeder Faber---|----- 8 ----|
Dieterling Devic|----- 10 ---|
Platform Faber--|----- 10 ---|
Frosch Gun------|----- 15 ---| 1/ship
Nano Matrix-----|----- 15 ---| 1/ship
Ship Deployer---|----- 15(10)| First Deployer on a ship costs 15, all subsequent cost 10 for that ship only.
Flux Projector--| Restricted for AI reasons

AI:
-Any AI and range may be chosen.

The Core:
-May be covered by other sections.
-Weapons or modules cannot be connected off the core.
-Cannot be small, civilian, or defense platform core.
-Stations may use the Defense Platform Core

Shields:
-Aegis shields are allowed, but restricted to 1 Aegis per 3 sections, and the section it shields is set to 50hp and can have no weapons or modules
-Deflector shields are allowed, but restricted to 1 Deflector Shield per 3 sections
-Aegis and Deflector section requirements are cumulative. (6 sections means 2 deflectors or 2 aegis, or 1 of both.)

Ship Deployer:
-First Deployer on a ship costs 15, all subsequent cost 10 for that ship only.
-Can only deploy Fighter.shp, Bomber.shp, and Interceptor.shp
-Fighter.shp: 60hp, Speed 3, Turning 5, Accel 0.10, FlankingAI, max range 300, armed with 1 Pulse Gun
-Bomber.shp: 70hp, Speed 2, Turning 2, Accel 0.30, FlankingAI, max range 300, armed with 1 Missile Launcher
-Interceptor.shp: 50hp, Speed 4, Turning 2, Accel 1.00, NormalAI, max range 350, armed with 1 Particle Gun
-All deployed ships only have a core, no added sections.
-Deployable ships have no core restrictions, any core may be used
-Battleships Only

Sections:
-Sections can be scaled three times in each direction, either larger or smaller. (This is not cumulative, you may do 3 in each direction)
-Parenting between sections must be logical.
-Sections may overlap other sections within reason. No more than 25% can be covered by another section.

Weapons and Modules:
-Limited to 3 per section, beyond that the price goes up by +1 for each extra weapon or module. 4th is +1, 5th is +2, etc.
-Weapons and modules must rest, without overlapping, on its parent section. (This does not mean all the pixels of the weapon\module have to be on the parent section, just that where it sits should be on its parent section)
-Weapons and modules may touch, and may cover the section, but again, may not overlap.
-The arc of the weapon can be set from 0 to 135 degrees, weapons with larger default arcs than that can only be made smaller.

Thrusters:
-Thrusters cost -1 resource. It makes ships cheaper.
-Thrusters must be placed on the outer most sections, and must be hanging half off the section it is attached too.
-The section they are attached to may not be aegis shielded.
-Thrusters do not count toward the 3 weapon or module limit of a section.

Fleet Position
-You are allowed to request how your fleet be set-up. Please take a screenshot of how you would like it to look.
-Otherwise, the fleet will be set up in a straight line.

Game Map: WHITE letters are sector names, BLACK letters are Richness

Players
Purple Faction -
Red Faction -
Green Faction -
Blue Faction -
« Last Edit: February 04, 2011, 09:11:54 am by Mr. Wizard »

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
Re: BSF Galactic Conquest - Recruiting
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2011, 01:50:19 pm »
Count me in, I've been waiting for something like this. Give me some time to get some designs up.
But may I make a request? Make the Small hull usable for a fighter or something like that, if it wouldn't throw balance off too much.
Oh, just a note, according to your statistics, with the speed, turning, and acceleration of a battleship being 0, it would be completely and totally immobile.
Crap, looks like I can't play, I can't upload the ship files, it won't find them :(
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 02:37:38 pm by GroxGlitch »

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2011, 02:17:29 pm »
Yeah, you need to buy the upgrades to make it mobile, and that is why the station module can only be bought for the Battleship.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2011, 02:27:58 pm »
And, for the points to add sections, is it three points to add one section to a Yacht, or the other way around?

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2011, 02:29:14 pm »
3 points for 1 section.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2011, 02:34:29 pm »
Ouch. Ok, gimme a sec, I'll have my ships up, I'll edit my first post. I only have two basic ships designed, but they should work quite nicely.

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2011, 02:40:48 pm »
You can send them to me in PM's if you want to keep them secret :D

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2011, 02:46:14 pm »
You can send them to me in PM's if you want to keep them secret :D

Nooo, trust me, I have no issue broadcasting them on the topic itself.
I do the Photos for crying out loud. I had to cast off my shame the instant I started them :P
But when I open up the Custom Ships directory with MediaFire, it only shows the base ships the ship maker comes with  :-\

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2011, 02:51:11 pm »
Pay attention to where the game saves the ships, and look there when uploading the ships.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2011, 03:03:51 pm »
... Custom ships.
Custom ships.
That is where it saves the ships. I've checked, nothing shows up when trying to upload.
Even if I go in through My Computer and open the spot through there, they don't show up. Only when saving or opening a ship file.
ok, If I save a picture of the ship, would you be willing to load it as a background and re-construct it?
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 03:08:00 pm by GroxGlitch »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 02, 2011, 03:30:25 pm »
Waves of my own men eh?

As long as I get a purple velour uniform I'm in!
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 02, 2011, 03:47:46 pm »
... Custom ships.
Custom ships.
That is where it saves the ships. I've checked, nothing shows up when trying to upload.
Even if I go in through My Computer and open the spot through there, they don't show up. Only when saving or opening a ship file.
ok, If I save a picture of the ship, would you be willing to load it as a background and re-construct it?

Alright, just for these ones. But if the Editor can find the files, then so should your browser. It might be saving it to a different custom ships folder, perhaps in My Documents. You should try to save them from the editor onto the desktop, or some other place you know you will be able to find them.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 02, 2011, 04:17:01 pm »
I FIGHT FOR SPACE SPACE

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 02, 2011, 10:33:23 pm »
I'll just watch, but why is the smallest ship a yacht? Isn't that a personal pleasure ship? I would think either a sloop or corvette are the smallest ships next to gunships/bombers and fighter-craft
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2011, 05:33:41 am »
Nope

The term originated from the Dutch Jacht meaning "hunt". It was originally defined as a light, fast sailing vessel used by the Dutch navy to pursue pirates and other transgressors around and into the shallow waters of the Low Countries.

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Karate Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2011, 08:50:17 am »
For the sake of the unimaginative or lazy, I have created default ships and stations which anybody can buy. the 35 rp station is the default station everyone will start with, unless they submit an alternate 35 point station for their home planet.

Click to download.

(The battleship in the download is less crappy than the pictured one)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2011, 09:16:03 am by Mr. Wizard »