Author Topic: Civ4 - C2C Mod  (Read 38676 times)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Re: Civ4 - C2C Mod
« Reply #15 on: January 16, 2011, 11:55:21 am »
I played those mods. Those were mods that were added to Civ4 a long while after the game was released. It's not a fair comparison.

Yes, mods take time, I get that. And it was not until Civ4 had both expansions made that it actually was worth modding. Since if you made mods before that you would have trouble converting.

Hydro, I think the amount of willing modders you can find reflects the amount of people who will actually be interested in playing this mod.

That's good then. Because a lot of modders who jumped on the Civ5 band wagon have since returned to mod for Civ4. And even before Civ5 there were a lot of modders for this mod (well the predecessors of this mod).

Not to mention, not everyone likes a billion and a one different units and options and what-have-you. Its a mistake to equate "amount of content" with depth.

I totally agree. I am in the camp of "more is more" while I know many other modders who believe "less is more". IF you think less is more then play Civ5 or even RAND since it has cut back a lot from what RoM+AND was. The creator of RAND, Afforess, is totally in your camp and there are lots of others in the Civ4 community who would agree with you. I just happen to like to mod by adding, not subtracting.

Also, comparing WoW to Pong? I haven't played Civ5 yet, but I find that to be a highly exaggerated comparison. Comparing Civ5 as a crudely programmed video game during the dawn of home entertainment system is quite a far cry when considering all the effort put into the presentation of Civ5. It just doesn't have nearly as much the content, sure. But you're forgetting this game is still fairly new with a possible expansion in the works. The modding community still has yet to grow accustomed to the new environment. Obviously the amount of available mods for Civ4 make it all the more appealing, hence why you conclude Civ5 sucks.

Ok maybe its an exaggeration, but I still feel like Civ4 (even Vanilla) is superior to Civ5 when it comes to the ability to mod it. Sure Civ5 has nicer graphics (not by much) and hex is cool. But overall being able to actually mod Civ5 has been not only difficult for other modders but really frustrating. Many of the aspects of modding they use to be able to do has just been hard-coded or dumbed down and even taken out of the game all together (can we say religions?).

But really this topic was not ment to debate whether or not Civ5 is better than Civ4, its to show you this awesome mod and that you should try it out because a lot of people put a lot of their time and effort into the game and really it is like 3 or 4 expansions into one, if not an entirely new game that just happens to use Civ4 as its base.

Whenever I get CivIV and have played the base game for a while I will definitely try this out.  :)

Awesome. I suggest you work your way up by playing RoM and then AND before trying out C2C. It can be overwhelming for new players. Its more aimed for veteran Civ4 players crave more content.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2011, 12:07:59 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2011, 03:19:26 am »
honestly hydro. this looks awesome.
Hydromancer, you're probably the most creative character on this very forum, but it's not your creativity which intrigues me, it is the fact that you start projects from scratch and you succeed to bring them up to a sophisticated level. (think sagan, the nauceaans, now this)
Once i have civ 4 installed, ill definitly check this mod out, as i already loved RoM...
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2011, 04:52:51 am »
Thanks Detoxicated! :D

BTW Version 7 came out today. He releases around 1 update a month since we have been producing so much new stuff. You can download it here. Enjoy!

Oh also I still do Sagan 4 Detoxicated. It runs on autopilot most of the time, but we still get new members so it never quite dies. Just yesterday I posted 2 new species. I don't think I will ever give up Sagan 4. Its just too fun for me to post when I get in the mood.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2011, 04:56:40 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 01, 2011, 12:05:35 pm »
I've been playing A New Dawn and I've been re-addicted to Civ4. Was up to like 1 am on a school night last night because I kept wanting to keep going. Anyway, I think AND has just the right amount of content. It's not too slow, not too fast, and there is a good amount of depth and thought. However, I'm not sure C2C would hit that balance like AND does, instead opting for an overflow of content.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #19 on: February 01, 2011, 02:18:37 pm »
I've been playing A New Dawn and I've been re-addicted to Civ4. Was up to like 1 am on a school night last night because I kept wanting to keep going. Anyway, I think AND has just the right amount of content. It's not too slow, not too fast, and there is a good amount of depth and thought. However, I'm not sure C2C would hit that balance like AND does, instead opting for an overflow of content.

Well from the feedback have had its seems we have optimized things so the game runs faster than even AND yet with more content. Right now not everything is balanced or even put in. So maybe in a few months we will work out the balance issue of the new content. Needless to say AND feels naked without the stuff we added since a lot of it actually use to be in AND before Afforess took it out.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #20 on: March 20, 2011, 04:06:22 pm »
The new C2C version came out today! You can get it here;D ;D ;D

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #21 on: March 20, 2011, 07:31:40 pm »
The early periods in this game plus the RoM base are just fantastic.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #22 on: March 22, 2011, 08:54:25 pm »
The early periods in this game plus the RoM base are just fantastic.

Thanks! Just got done with a some more tweaking and building for the next update. we update around once a month so it will be awhile till its in the mod. I am really happy with how the game is shaping up. I can't wait to see how the Galactic Era works out since we are just in the beginning of applying it to the game.

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 25, 2011, 05:19:24 pm »
So I wanted to try the mod, but whenever I load the mod it sends me back to the desktop and nothing happens... ???
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #24 on: March 25, 2011, 11:26:49 pm »
So I wanted to try the mod, but whenever I load the mod it sends me back to the desktop and nothing happens... ???

Weird. Post your errors here.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #25 on: May 13, 2011, 12:25:43 am »
C2C v11 came out today! A whole bunch of new content, many fixed bugs and a ton of fun! :D

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2011, 12:51:48 pm »
@Brandonazz

Nice to see ya posting over on the CFC. Thanks for the feedback.

Offline Xoatl_169

• K.C. Munchkin Maestro
  • Beast MODE!
    • View Profile
    • Twi Light
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2011, 07:45:35 am »
Been playing the Rise of mankind 2 mod for awhile now. I usually play on gigantic earth maps and when i reach industrialism it takes like 5 mins each turn. Once I get a computer with high processing power (I assume thats the reason for the slow turns) ill revisit ROM and maybe your mod.
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Dimitri1only

Leave me some comments would you?

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #28 on: June 26, 2011, 02:58:14 am »
C2C v13 cam out yesterday. Its very fun! It also has a new feature that allows for future updates to not break your game if you reload an older game (v13 or above). I have no idea how they did it but man its great not having to restart a game every time we have an update (which is often for the modders like me).

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #29 on: August 04, 2011, 07:52:20 pm »
C2C v15 came out yesterday. Its very fun and improved speed. Lots of new features like dynamic culture and lots of new units. Also the AI has improved greatly. I have lost twice in a row due to how hard the AI is to beat now. I love how challenging it is and the computer is not doing as many stupid thing anymore. :D Just though i would share since i know there are some civ fans on GS.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2011, 07:54:13 pm by Hydromancerx »