Author Topic: Civ4 - C2C Mod  (Read 38659 times)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Civ4 - C2C Mod
« on: January 15, 2011, 05:01:19 am »

C2C
http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=288570

If anyone has been wondering what I have been up to. Well after the big disappointment of Civ5 I went back to my modding roots and helped out with a mod I once worked on. You see there was an awesome mod called "Rise of Mankind" that I followed for a long time. Then it got added on to with another mod called "A New Dawn". The creator of this mod taught me how to mod and for a time life was good and I helped out with that. However he eventfully got tired of all the modding I added so he stripped down the mod and kicked me out of it. I still made my own mod on top of his (a modmodmod) and it was good for awhile however then Civ5 came out and everyone basically went away. Both RoM and AND got retired and only a few modders were left. I am poor and could not afford Civ5. Thankfully it sucked and I saved some money. So I went back to mod again, but to my surprise another moder was continuing some of my ideas in a mod called NWA Prehistoric. Well you know how much I like caveman stuff and I asked if I could join, and well he ahs been awesome. We also adoped another abandon project called Accent of Mankind (AToM) which was going to be thrown away by a friend modder. As you guested I had a hand in planning that as well. So now with RoM and AND retired in their final versions and I collected up my mods and combined them into the prehistoric mod, added some space mod and thew in a lot of new stuff and poof we get Cavemen to Cosmos!! My current, and most awesome Civ4 mod. Not only do i get the freedom to mod the way I want but I get to do it with other awesome modders.

It has so many features I have no idea where to start. It has 9 eras which stretch from prehistoric to galactic. There are so many buildings and units and techs that you will be blown away with the level of depth. If you have any questions please go to the link above. Just though you Civ4 fans would like to see what I have been up to and maybe even try it out.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2011, 10:24:37 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
Re: Civ4 - C2C Mod
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2011, 09:51:44 am »
I like Civ V. >.>

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2011, 11:26:06 am »
*swats Clarke away*

I'm guessing you guys are still alpha or beta phase. Lots of errors and imbalance right?

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2011, 12:59:26 pm »
i like civ5 too :3

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2011, 01:31:09 pm »
So do I!

Catherine the Great, know what I mean. Nudge nudge.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Gungnir

• SunDog Pilot
  • Bbrrrraaaaaiiiiinnnnssss
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2011, 02:04:43 pm »
I...don't own Civ 5.

I'll check this out, I suppose.

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2011, 03:01:16 pm »
I like Civ V. >.>
You haven't even played the prequels...
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2011, 03:04:21 pm »
Yep :D

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2011, 03:04:41 pm »
I also love Civ V. >_>
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2011, 04:41:32 pm »
Then i guess you guys have never played RoM or AND. If you had you would feel like Civ5 was really lacking. Civ5 compared to them are like comparing Pong to WoW. But that's just my bias opinion since now I am modding on top of those. At any rate if you own Civ4 and its expansions then you need to try out this mod. Then tell me how it compares to Civ5.

*swats Clarke away*

I'm guessing you guys are still alpha or beta phase. Lots of errors and imbalance right?

We are good in getting rid of errors but imbalance is still an issue since we are still building. I have a lot I want to add so I am not sure what you would call this. RoM and AND are final and have little to no errors and are balanced. So I suggest you try them first if you want a balanced game. However we are adding even or more content so those start to feel empty and lacking if you have played C2C. In short the more we add the more we wonder how we ever played the game without those new features.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2011, 04:48:06 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2011, 05:16:37 pm »
I played those mods. Those were mods that were added to Civ4 a long while after the game was released. It's not a fair comparison.

gec05

« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2011, 07:03:53 pm »
Also, comparing WoW to Pong? I haven't played Civ5 yet, but I find that to be a highly exaggerated comparison. Comparing Civ5 as a crudely programmed video game during the dawn of home entertainment system is quite a far cry when considering all the effort put into the presentation of Civ5. It just doesn't have nearly as much the content, sure. But you're forgetting this game is still fairly new with a possible expansion in the works. The modding community still has yet to grow accustomed to the new environment. Obviously the amount of available mods for Civ4 make it all the more appealing, hence why you conclude Civ5 sucks.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 16, 2011, 05:45:19 am »
Not to mention, not everyone likes a billion and a one different units and options and what-have-you. Its a mistake to equate "amount of content" with depth.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Tesla

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 16, 2011, 06:31:52 am »
Hydro, I think the amount of willing modders you can find reflects the amount of people who will actually be interested in playing this mod.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 16, 2011, 07:16:54 am »
Whenever I get CivIV and have played the base game for a while I will definitely try this out.  :)
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.