Author Topic: Civ4 - C2C Mod  (Read 38644 times)

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
Re: Civ4 - C2C Mod
« Reply #75 on: May 04, 2012, 08:58:34 pm »

So have you guys tried Warlock: Masters of the arcane? It's pretty fun, kind of like Civ5 but with Magic.
There's a demo on Steam if you haven't tried it yet. :)

I saw no point in creating a new topic for it so let's pretend it's a Civ mod. ::)

If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #76 on: May 05, 2012, 01:16:43 am »
So have you guys tried Warlock: Masters of the arcane?

I watched a Let's Play of it. Its not too bad from what I saw.

Welp, finals are done.

Time to play this for a few days continuously.

EDIT: loljk, keeps crashing, buggy as hell. Couldn't even play for 10 turns after a handful of attempts that took forever.

What setting did you use? bigger maps tend to be more laggy for some computers.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 01:45:25 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: May 05, 2012, 05:24:53 am »
Interesting. I have to keep a eye on that game. I am also thing of getting Elementals. A game from Star Docks which also have the Master of Magic flavour to it (Master of Magic is a old game which is Civ meets magic. Look it up. It still fun to play and is on GoG i have heard.)
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #78 on: July 04, 2012, 12:28:49 am »
Caveman to Cosmos version 24 came out today!!  ;D ;D ;D

The team did a great job this cycle and it has so much new stuff. I personally discovered how to import and export 3D models so now we have a lot of new custom made units ranging from Da Vinci Tanks, Custom Hovercrafts and even a Dolphin Mech!  :o

The multi-maps are still not in yet but they will be soon if you want to use the SVN version which is updated regularly. We also have some new team members so a lot more is being made this cycle than before. The Future eras are being totally redone and it will give the Cosmos part that this mod deserves.

For more info check out our sub forum. We would  be happy to help you with any questions you may have or hear your ideas.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #79 on: August 02, 2012, 06:14:04 pm »
Caveman 2 Cosmos v25 came out today!  ;D

Now with viewports! Even old slow computers can run fast because the view screen only loads a small part of the map! You can make he screen as big as you want. Turn times have been speed up considerably since it only has to process what is in the view screen. You can move the view screen around in the Military Advisor.

There are many other features too!

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #80 on: September 07, 2012, 06:39:40 pm »
Caveman 2 Cosmos v26 came out today!

Now with a complete Civic overhaul! There are not only new civics but new civic categories and re-balanced existing civics. Many buildings have also been re-balanced. Trans-Human Era techs have been redone and now French translation for nearly every file. Graphics for leadeheads and flags have also been redone to look better. Some new units such a a bunch of types of Battle Elephants, some wild animals like Playtypus and Toucan. The old guild system was removed and replaced with 18 new guild national wonder which help you build your empire better. There are many other new features too but those are the most notable.

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #81 on: September 07, 2012, 10:00:49 pm »
Glad to see the guild system overhauled. It made the corporate part of the game way too cluttered.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #82 on: November 03, 2012, 04:08:28 pm »
Caveman 2 Cosmos v27 came out today!

Now so many things were rebalanced in this version. We basically took almost an entire cycle to fix bugs, balance things and repair things that were broken. However there is always some new content too.

In other news I will be one of 11 players in a C2C multiplayer game. 6 of us (including me) will be doing a Let's Play of this human vs human game. It should be very exciting since the last Civ4 multilayer game I played was with LadyM and some others here on Gaming Steve. I can only imagine how crazy it will get with the C2C mod.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2013, 01:30:46 am »
Caveman 2 Cosmos v28 came out yesterday!

This time around we have some cool stuff like closeable Leaderhead Traits as you play. Also there are many more positive and negative traits each with more specified stats. Also the later part of the tech tree has been redone to be more historically accurate to when things were invented or projected to be invented. Also a ton of balancing to aircraft and other units. As well as some new types of resources (ex. Vanilla, Cocoa, etc), terrain features (ex. Caves, Ancient Forest, etc) and terrain improvements (Tidal Harness, Sea Mill, etc). Also more overhauls to the Civics too. And of course lots of new buildings and units. In short it has been a very productive cycle.

Here are some screeshots.

Pic1
Pic2
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 01:33:08 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 30, 2013, 10:50:15 am »
C2C: Turning games of Civ IV into Rube Golberg machines since 2010.™

But in all seriousness, lookin' good. Maybe I'll give it another shot and hope I've configured everything to not crash this time.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 30, 2013, 10:59:09 am »
I've been playing this mod (only up to classic era) and I love it. I think you and all of your team has done a good job, Hydro.
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2013, 03:04:58 pm »
Thanks. :D

It really is a team effort. In which I am very proud and lucky to be a part of.  :)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #87 on: March 28, 2013, 06:07:15 pm »
Caveman 2 Cosmos v29 came out today!

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: March 31, 2013, 03:34:49 am »
Is this mod supposed to be played on one of the optional super-slow speeds? I'm in the second millennium BCE and almost every building in my capital takes one or two turns, and every unit takes less than one despite the fact that I'm playing on epic.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #89 on: April 02, 2013, 11:54:17 am »
Yes. "Snail" is basically equal to Civ4 Vanilla "Normal" speed in terms of balance for this mod.