Author Topic: City of the Dead-OOC  (Read 7931 times)

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
Re: City of the Dead-RP
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2011, 10:25:01 pm »
Boom weaponry has been changed on my character. Also bolded things to look nice.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 19, 2011, 02:20:40 pm »

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 19, 2011, 02:50:59 pm »
I probably won't join but,

Fast, "new" zombies, or your classic, shambling zombie?
Depends on both the type of zombie, and the age of the zombie.
For your basic, run of the mill zombie, the older it is, the more the brain has broken down, and the more damaged it's motor function becomes. Zombies that are a few weeks old can run. After that, motor decay has them down to a shuffling-walk, able to run in short bursts when they see that. After about two months, it's a limp completely.
...so in short, it would be taken in a spur of the moment manner. This way here, people who prefer runners and people who prefer the shambling dead can both be happy to a certain extent.

However, there are mutated zombies that have stable motor function, though still not much brighter than a regular zombie. They have physical mutations as well, but many are to varied to go into at the moment (a list shall be made later.)

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 19, 2011, 03:03:33 pm »
One of those who believe in mutated zombies eh.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 19, 2011, 03:12:19 pm »
Well...if they're not mutated, then there's no challenge to dispatching them.
Imagine Left 4 Dead or Left 4 Dead 2 with only common infected.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 19, 2011, 03:18:28 pm »
You apparently never played on Expert and/or Realistic Expert.  :P

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 19, 2011, 03:26:22 pm »
I loved playing expert on the first L4D, for the second game with so many zombies that do a lot more stuff, I'm stinking to normal or hard. And thats not even playing realistic.

Also, can we get a city map?
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 19, 2011, 03:31:48 pm »
Yeah, L4D2 Realism is hard as all hell. And that's assuming there are guns and ammunition practically around every corner. Oh, and zombies who die from chest shots hah. Head shots should be the bottom line. Even slow zombies are very dangerous, especially in the confined close quarters of a city, where one can be lurking anywhere. Ammunition, even in America, would eventually run out and not just be all over the damn place. So yeah, L4D2, even on Realism, still doesn't equal how dangerous zombies really would be, even slow ones.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #23 on: January 19, 2011, 04:59:53 pm »
Name: Carson Melbourne

Weapon: .308 bolt action rifle, wooden baseball bat, pocket multitool

Bio: Carson is a fairly-normal college student, or at least he was before things went bad. He had a girlfriend, a part-time job, and an 18 credit semester. On weekends he enjoyed spending time on the Internet or hanging out with friends at the bar, and every now and again he'd venture out to the range to get better with his rifle. Nowadays Carson spends his time trying to figure out what to do with his life, so not much has changed since college. He's often conflicted about whether or not he should be enjoying things to extent that he does. It tears him up that most of his family and friends are gone, but part of him had always been preparing for a zombie-filled apocalypse and when it actually happened he just kind of fell into his role. Though, Carson would still much rather be shooting imaginary zombies on his computer than dealing with real ones. The old days were absolutely better. At least now he has plenty of time to master the fifty yard shot.

« Last Edit: January 19, 2011, 05:04:22 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 19, 2011, 06:41:13 pm »
We could try doing what they did in Metro 2033, manufacture our own ammo and weapons. That air rifle may come in handy.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2011, 06:57:55 pm »
Unless you have access to the raw materials and the tools to convert those raw materials in finished weapons and ammunition, not going to happen. Course, improvised weapons are a different beast.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2011, 06:59:38 pm »
Hey I was just playing that!

If this is taking place in the US and it's only been two years, I don't think weapons and ammo are going to be a problem. Enough people know how to pack ammunition to keep the supply up and there would be millions of weapons around. They'd also be in good shape and of good quality, not some rinky dink AK-47.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2011, 07:36:09 pm »
And I think there should be millions, if not somewhere nearing a billion bullets/shells/whatever if I'm theres a nearby military base. So are we all gonna start together or somewhat scattered?

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2011, 10:55:11 pm »
Somewhat.

I think things will come together in the story.

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2011, 05:10:23 am »
Unless you have access to the raw materials and the tools to convert those raw materials in finished weapons and ammunition, not going to happen. Course, improvised weapons are a different beast.

Part of the point of my guy is he has the tools and skills, raw materials might be more of a problem but not massive.

I'd say clean water would be the biggest concern.