Author Topic: Blue Planet  (Read 9347 times)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Blue Planet
« on: December 16, 2010, 12:25:41 am »

Sixty years have passed since a strange artifact of unknown origin was detected on the Red Planet.

Soon after its discovery, the alien device suddenly sprang to life, unlocking the waters beneath, returning the fleeting sky, igniting the once dormant core, and spreading the seeds of life all across the surface of the previously dead planet.

It is now the year 2110.

All traces of the once great artifact has all but vanished, and in its place, a vast and thriving world, both strange and familiar, has arisen on the once Red Planet.

You are but one of many individuals tasked with commanding your own arsenal of highly advanced technology in a bid to claim the vast and untold riches of the new Blue Planet.

How you achieve this mission is up to you, or to be more precise, your employers.

May it be through knowledge, power, or cloak and dagger diplomacy, all is fair in business and war!

Welcome back foreman...

Blue Planet is a multiplayer mapgame which runs under the same principles as its successors, Octagonapus' War of the Tomes and Crazen's Chopping up the Planet, though mostly the former.

Each person, or in this case foreman, will start with a small starting base, drones included, proximal to their point of landing. They will then make their way across the Blue Planet as they try to expand the clout of their employers' organization.

Whether it be for glory, riches, or SCIENCE!TM, be sure to keep in mind that expanding one's hold is no easy task. Along your path to success lie a myriad of challenges, not the least of which are the local flora and fauna, other hostile frontiersmen, the interventionist UN Spacy, and a plethora of natural disasters caused by the lost artifact's wake.

Will you struggle side by side, or against your fellow pioneers?

That, is for YOU to decide!

Now go, and make a faction, including its color!

Be sure to make it plausible for the timeframe in question. We are aiming for mid-level tech here, no Aeon Illuminates, please.

Afterward, go and choose a site for the location of your initial camp.

Post in this thread your orders for the first turn. You can build up your camp, construct drones, put down defenses, establish a mining facility, among other things. Make them plausible for your current state, so no building a planet-spanning army despite only having a single factory the size of a small barn.

Also, keep in mind that enacting hostilities on other people will make you hotter and hotter in the eyes of the United Nations Space Army. Push their tolerance to the limit and they'll strike you with a railgun or two. Push their tolerance waaaaaaaay past the limit and they'll send in a unit from the spacy itself.

You can try and appease the UN using the stuff that you've gathered on the planet, such as raw resources, cash, or scientific findings. Keep in mind, however, that it doesn't always work, though frequently bribing treating public officials certainly increases the chances of getting crap past the censors.

In any case, we will start when there's enough people on board.

Though, of course, latecomers are always welcome to the race!

Mars c.2110

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
Re: Blue Planet
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 09:13:30 am »
Various peoples of various ethnicities, classes and faiths all bound together by one thought. The thought was one scientific in nature, but religious in action. Due to the tight laws surrounding the genetic engineering and cloning of people the Aristocracy of Superior Sentients (ASS) came to the Blue Planet to engineer their, and each other's, beings into superior forms. Using cloning they rose armies of dimwitted men with each having the strength and size of an elephant. They rose cities of steel and made their inner cities artificially ran, only oxygen coming from the outside world. They created a nation of laboratories.

I'd like the colour PURPLE and a start on that island with a large lake inside of it, north of the eastern peninsula. We shall name this region Garido Isle and the lake shall be called The Tuyta.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 03:51:59 pm by Badger Man 22 »
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2010, 02:20:10 pm »
The Australian aborigines had watched their people fade, ever since the westerners had come, since the British had tried to assimilate their race into that of the Europeans. Things had changed recently, sure. The irrigation of much of the Australian outback had brought great prosperity to not only Australia, but to the peoples which owned the land there. The Aborigines were not technophobic, far from it. But they feared the further assimilation of their culture, its absorption into that of the West. So the terraformation of Mars was an opportunity. Finally, they could become dreamwalkers once more, carve a true, new Australia out of a fresh world. Thousands of aborigines climbed the sky on great flames, heading to a new home.

I'll choose Green as my color, and take for my location the strip of land between the Agyres Sea and the Northern Ocean. The name of my faction shall be, say, True Australia.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 02:23:08 pm by Clarke »

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
  • Blood for the Blood God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2010, 03:59:27 pm »
The Scion Collective, an almost cult like group of technocrats mostly consisting of individuals obsessed with progress as well as other mysterious benefactors, grew dissatisfied of earth long ago. Shackled by restriction and regulations, the collective had always hoped to escape to a place where they could pursue their interest without too much scrutiny. Now with the blue planet being colonized the collective sees its opportunity. The collective now sends its own foreman, an artificial intelligence named COMBINE, to pioneer  the stars and stake their claim on the planet.

My color shall be MAROON and I believe I will start on left side of the map near the center of the upper peninsula.
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 05:48:51 am by SimplyNecro »
Quote from: The Evil Overlords Handbook
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

Offline Watcher in the Puddle

• Mystery House Madman
  • Ad infinitum
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 07:07:49 am »
In the year 2030, a group of oceanologists create a small ocean-going nation to protect the ocean's ecology. Sadly, 80 years later, thousands of species extinct, they save numeros Earth species and flee the rotting Earth to this new planet,to live a life in alien oceans. The Hydropolis Green.

My location is that large bay to the far west wih islands in,I shall name it Hydrohai Bay and my colour will be OCEAN BLUE
In a game like this you cannot win, only lose more slowly

Offline Detoxicated

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • Spirit of Monkey
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 18, 2010, 09:18:34 pm »
McBurgerFry Inc. is a fast-food serving corporation which began operating in the late twenties of the 2000's, they use the unclaimed land as gigantic cornfield to feed the masses on earth. Mercenaries and private armies protect McBurgerFry Inc.'s territories and interests, while the businessmen buy weapons from earth.

I chose yellow
OK, both of you die and let us know what happens.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 18, 2010, 11:25:11 pm »
Interstellar Transportation Industries, a leading provider of space transportation between Earth, Luna, the various orbital habitats, and more recently, Mars. It first began when space travel began to be more affordable in the early 2050s with the creation of miniaturized fusion power generators. It was also the first civilian company to have one of their spaceships reach Martian orbit with a international research group in cryogenic hibernation.

Recently, they have taken a personal interest in Mars, wondering if there are any other alien artifacts hidden under the surface and if possible, have the secret of FTL travel or a equivalent. Employing their private armed forces, the ITI Mobile Infantry, and a army of xenologists, archaeologists, researchers and scientists, along with their meager space fleet, they will scour Mars for any remaining artifacts. Using their Mars-based headquarters, New Port Royal, as their base of operations.

I choose Gray and my city will be in the middle of the largest lake/sea.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2010, 12:33:58 am »
McBurgerFry Inc.

Favorite faction so far!  ;D

Well, it seems we have enough factions to start.

I'll go ahead and whip up the update.

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2010, 03:25:35 am »
Oh noes, I wanted to join! D:

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2010, 06:09:11 am »
Though, of course, latecomers are always welcome to the race!

I'm pretty sure you can still join.

30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2010, 06:24:29 am »
Indeed.

Post your guy so, Z, so I could add them in the current update.

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2010, 03:52:34 pm »
Gaelic Independence Movement, a group of Cornish, Welsh, Scottish, and Irish nationalists fed up with British control, grouped together under one banner. Pooling whatever funds they could find, steal, or otherwise attain, they bought out a parcel of land on the Blue Planet, and transportation. Setting off like the original settlers of the Americas, they seek out a place they can call their own.

The island and a parcel of land off to the right of the map. If that's already taken, then that bit of land surrounding that inland sea.

Green, of course.

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2010, 03:54:13 pm »
Clark took green, you'll probably need a different shade.

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2010, 05:46:01 pm »
Wait, we can claim that much land and split up our forces? In that case, a small colony on the westernmost edge of the Hellas Sea.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2010, 06:30:06 pm »
Actually... you can't.

Everyone's jusst starting out, and that map is biiiiiiiiig...

I'll just use light green for Doc then.