Author Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim!  (Read 29204 times)

Offline Met

• Karateka Krazy
  • Well... whatever.
    • View Profile
    • Wiki Userpage
Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim!
« Reply #510 on: February 19, 2012, 04:10:58 am »
Might be a repost, but I just discovered it.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHbF9ynGZV0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHbF9ynGZV0</a>

Offline Kaizer

• Arkanoid Vaus
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 19, 2012, 10:37:13 am »
game of the year

Offline eropS

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Dat klopt, ik was daar
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: April 11, 2012, 07:01:48 pm »
Well it's been like, 6 months since this came out. I just got back into it after making my way through the workshop

What mods are ya'll using at this point?

I have about 24 mods running, tried a Drink Eat Sleep one but found it got to be tedious because fast travel would just drain your sleep stat and then you'd be screwed with no where to sleep in the middle of a dungeon.

The others are mostly just stylistic ones, Sounds of Skyrim, SkyUI, Better Snow, Better Werewolves, Unlimited Bookshelves, Detailed Cities, etc. If any of you know of some good ambiance adding mods let me know! (Or good mods in general) *Especially if they aren't performance heavy* I am probably going to add Scaling Magic some time soon, too.

So far I am not noticing any sort of crashes from the mods, but i do get a frame-rate drop when zoning into the main map after a particularly long dungeon.

Also: Dual Wielding/Light Armor is an awesomely fun way to play. Doing it on Expert right now and am level 17, and damn, are you forced to think strategically for almost every tough encounter because just straight running up to them will get you killed; which means I have to use a mix of alteration/restoration and shouts almost at all times to stay alive (I have even had to break out the occasional scroll for some boss fights). I have so many poisons I could destroy a lake haha. It's very fun and fast paced and if you're bored because you're finding the game easy, try the life of the Light armor dual wielding maniac.

No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Pixxel

• Spy Hunter Spook
  • Pop Tart Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: April 12, 2012, 09:52:35 am »
Well this guy has a weekly mod show. You could check that out.

There is a portable tent/bedding mod if you want to solve that sleep problem for that Eat, Sleep mod.
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline Crazen

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: May 06, 2012, 01:06:12 am »
for the sixth ****ing time I accidentally overwrote my own character. and this one was level 40!

EDIT: then I got angry and deleted the rest.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 01:10:24 am by Crazen »
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline eropS

• Goddess of Phobos
  • Dat klopt, ik was daar
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: May 06, 2012, 01:52:07 am »
Ouch, that sucks.

But hey, NEW CHARACTER, YO! I like generally starting from scratch.

Do a dual wielding light armor character on Master diff. Super tough at start of game, but you're godlike by the end (by end i mean like, level 26 or so if you spec right, plus you'll have some sort of strategy developed for almost all situations) (but I mean not really since I'm so strong at this point I have run up to the last 2 dragon priest and just destroyed them, getting kinda bored now...)
« Last Edit: May 06, 2012, 01:56:22 am by eropS »
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Crazen

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: May 06, 2012, 02:17:35 am »

I dunno, I did unarmed. I can't imagine that adding swords to my arsenal would make it more challenging.

Also, punching a dragon in the face is the pinnacle of manliness, even especially if your a woman.
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Gauphastus

• Mach Rider
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastus Land
« Reply #517 on: May 06, 2012, 08:12:22 am »
I made a new guy too a couple days ago. Same sort of guy basically. First character was a juggernaut with a greatsword, really good at smithing and enchanting.
The new guy uses sword and shield, heavy armor, a bit of magic (oh my god, I had no idea how useful this stuff was), focused on alchemy and.. enchanting again because it's so useful.
A bit of archery too because it's fun. Haven't found a better bow in a long time though.

So yeah, I'm still having a good time even if it's kind of the same thing. What bores me though is that I have to do all these quests and quest chains again.
Oh well.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Crazen

• Duck Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: May 06, 2012, 12:22:16 pm »
yea, I played a paladin. Magic heavy armor, mace and shield, with restoration. Also I played all lawful and good and stuff. it gets expensive:

bureaucratic ass: "You have to pay the 2000 gold tariff"

<pay 2000>
<pay 190 (bribe)>
<or I could kick your ass, and its totaly free and has no consequences (brawl)>

Dragonborn: sure I'll pay the 2000 gold.

bureaucratic ass: you will?! really?! wow, no player has ever done that before! uh.....I mean, yes, that is acceptable.

It got weird when I was immune to magic, nigh indestructible, and I could fight indefinitely: enchanted weapon restores mana. mana restores health and stamina. second enchantment charges weapon via soul capture. thus, meters always full.
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Celdur

• Baseball SuperStar
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: May 06, 2012, 12:52:59 pm »
i remember using the heal spell along with the life leech for mana spell next to eachother, and it would let me heal up my health and mana at no cost
woo game design

it also uped my restoration skills

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Didero

• Arm Wrestling Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: May 25, 2012, 12:31:26 pm »
Horses!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS2GG2tLh9Y" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yS2GG2tLh9Y</a>

Offline Gauphastus

• Mach Rider
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastus Land
« Reply #521 on: May 25, 2012, 03:49:47 pm »
If they had spears, they could form a sort of phalanx and put a stop to that right away.
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Mr. Wizard

• Questron Serf
  • Totally Innocent.
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: May 25, 2012, 04:11:33 pm »
Haha the guards are all "What is this witchcraft?!"
Man, that Wizard.

Great DM?

Or Best DM Ever?

Offline Spooky Tesla

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • ฏ๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎๎
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: May 31, 2012, 04:33:59 pm »
Dawnguard trailer!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PjBSicSVqI" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3PjBSicSVqI</a>

Holy ****! Is this more than you were expecting too?
Look, just leave me alone.

Offline Pixxel

• Spy Hunter Spook
  • Pop Tart Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: June 01, 2012, 02:15:40 am »
Yes it was, Tesla. damn...
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o