Author Topic: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim!  (Read 72833 times)

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
Re: Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim!
« Reply #105 on: December 19, 2010, 05:26:07 pm »
A lot of mods fix that scaling crap. The one I played was great. Fear returned to the game.  :P

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: December 19, 2010, 08:05:33 pm »
Don't tease, give us a link.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: December 19, 2010, 10:19:48 pm »
Well look around on planet elder scrolls. They've got a lot of mods, take your pick. Mine was obersomething I don't really remember.

Offline Brandonazz

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • Everything ends.
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #108 on: December 19, 2010, 10:31:26 pm »

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: December 20, 2010, 01:45:00 am »
A lot of mods fix that scaling crap. The one I played was great. Fear returned to the game.  :P

Of course there is. Though mods should not really be there to fix design flaws a bugs. I am glad that they are but still.

So what features do you all wish to see in this new game? I have stated 3 features i would like to see.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: December 20, 2010, 01:53:49 am »
Since I love RPing in these sorts of games, I would love to see more little details and side activities and whatnot.  Perhaps a more detailed NPC relation system.  Getting drunk.  A better guard system definetly.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Gauphastus

• Space Harrier
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #111 on: December 20, 2010, 03:17:02 am »
Wonder how NPC interaction will work this time. Didn't care for the lock-on and complete world pause conversation system they had in Oblivion or Fallout 3.

I just remembered the lockpicking puzzle. I'd really like to see more puzzles in the game, and not just like with the lockpicking minigame. I'd love to have to be smart with the physics to figure some stuff out.

..hmm. Now I'm wondering about the physics.

Geez! I'm really curious about this one.
That Game Informer story can't come soon enough.  :-X
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: December 20, 2010, 05:08:48 am »
Yeah one thing i hope they move away from is making stats just mean a random dice is rolled and check to see if succeed or not and more in to improvement in game actions in game. So the better you are the more tricks you have making task easier.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: December 20, 2010, 05:59:32 am »
Well, given dragons seem to be a large focus they'll need to make severe changes to the combat system to make fighting a foe like that fun. Namely, locational damage, and possibly some ability to actually jump or climb onto large monsters.

What I definitely don't want is for those dragons to just sit or hover close to the ground while I mash the attack button and slowly watch their health guage decrease as I stab them in the foot with a dagger.

Hmm, other features?
An actual minigame for alchemy instead of just "Choose some ingredients and hit 'make potion'". They could just outright steal a minigame from puzzle pirates and it would probably fine but I'd much rather see something a bit more elaborate. The core element should be somehow seperating unwanted elements and combining beneficial ones through some sort of gem-swapping or pipe-swapping mechanism (though better than the boring-ass hacking from Bioshock)
But hell, I'd settle for some sort of cooking mama ripoff to be perfectly honest >_>

For lockpicking I'd scrap the Oblivion minigame and make a variation on Fallout 3's lockpicking instead, since its quicker and makes a lot more sense.

Can the idiotic Oblivion speech game. Not quite sure how to handle speechcraft since its a weird sort of concept to deal with but picking different sized wedges to alternately threaten, joke, brag and come on to is the not the answer :P

Introduce crafting for use with armorer. It especially bugged me in Morrowind that you could walk around taking iron or ebony from the mines but all you could do with it was sell it on. Crafting could tie in with enchantment somehow, possibly giving a bonus to enchantments which are applied while the item is being made rather than applied to a finished item. This would also change armourer from an extremely dull and not especially useful skill into something which actually defines your character a bit more.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: December 20, 2010, 10:16:40 pm »
List of things needed

Speechcraft definately needs to be something better than playing the pie wedge mini game until you max the disposition of everyone in town. The more conversation options route is always good as long as it isn't just a handful of token phrases and can come into play during a sizeable amount of quests and conversations. Of course to level it up can be difficult it's probably just a matter of finding a mini game that represents it and is still fun to play.

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #116 on: December 21, 2010, 09:45:04 am »
I never even bothered with the speechcraft minigames. As soon as I get access to spellmaking I can just make a 100 pt charm spell that lasts for 2 seconds...
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: December 21, 2010, 09:58:04 am »
They could always go the Fallout Route. It seems like a good base system that they can improve on.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 21, 2010, 07:58:25 pm »
To be honest they need a way less shallow form of getting into someone's good books than "Give money -> Likes you more" or "Spam conversation option -> Likes you more". I suppose you'd need the NPCs to have any actual personality at all to pull that off, though.

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #119 on: December 21, 2010, 08:46:32 pm »
"Give money -> Likes you more"

But doesn't this work all the time??
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.