Author Topic: Gaming Steve Sci-fi Universe: How Does It Measure Up?  (Read 15390 times)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: Gaming Steve Sci-fi Universe: How Does It Measure Up?
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2011, 11:45:06 am »
Oh, Omega, what did the Race ever do to you?   ;D ;)

I wonder how they'd react to the Kratair, a race of lizards who are on the other side of the progressiveness spectrum...

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 18, 2011, 02:18:55 pm »
No, the real question is how would they react if they met the Wexxians, Combine, Photos, Nameless, and all the other powerful races.

Now that I think about it, it seems there are more military/technological/whatever superior races than "regular" ones...
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #32 on: January 18, 2011, 03:26:50 pm »
It'be fun to see the Race invading Beyon, having sent a probe to the planet back when it was wilderness, not anticipating what it would look like now.

Straha would soon see the virtue of Atvar's ways.   :d :p

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 18, 2011, 07:59:12 pm »
GW, the Kratair were powerful. Once upon a time.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 18, 2011, 10:24:39 pm »
I don't know much about the older races aside from the Nauceans and a bit of the Wexxians. The only races I know best is the ones currently active and even then, its not much.

And in other news, there appears to be a lull in activity in the Spore RP section...
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2011, 06:16:31 am »
It's because everyone feels like they need to wait untill the nameless war is over. I Know I have been.
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2011, 09:27:39 am »
Well, I'd like to finish it up, but unfortunately my races aren't in any of the other RPs so I am forced to wait.

Also, I'm thinking of making a "official" name for my impactors. What do you think fits more: Kinetic Energy Weapons or Kinetic Kill Weapons? I prefer KEWs, but I need another person's opinion.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 19, 2011, 02:42:43 pm »
Kinetic Kill sounds more slang-ish, I'd go with Kinetic Energy Impactors.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 19, 2011, 10:32:54 pm »
A Kinetic Energy Weapon is called a gun or a sling. Just gonna put that out there.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 20, 2011, 03:55:40 pm »
A Kinetic Energy Weapon is called a gun or a sling. Just gonna put that out there.
Not exactly. A Kinetic Energy Weapon is any weapon that deals damage via kinetic energy transmission impact.
Or in short, it doesn't explode.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2011, 07:49:29 pm »
I don't know much about the older races aside from the Nauceans and a bit of the Wexxians. The only races I know best is the ones currently active and even then, its not much.

And in other news, there appears to be a lull in activity in the Spore RP section...

I've been thinking about getting back into the Spore RPs, though I'm not sure where to start anymore.

I can understand you not being very aware of the Kratair, as they were before your time and not quite as profilic as the big Golden Age races like the Nauceans, Wexxians and Torpals.  Still, they were one of the, if not the, most powerful races in the Silver Age.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2011, 10:03:06 pm »

I've been thinking about getting back into the Spore RPs, though I'm not sure where to start anymore.

I can understand you not being very aware of the Kratair, as they were before your time and not quite as profilic as the big Golden Age races like the Nauceans, Wexxians and Torpals.  Still, they were one of the, if not the, most powerful races in the Silver Age.

I looked at the Nauceans because thats where basically people get their inspiration from, I looked at the old Wexxians a bit after they came back, Torpals, I think they're aggressive. All the races between that and those currently active now I have no idea.

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2011, 10:52:39 am »
An idea just occurred to me: people post detailed inormation about their races, with history that can lead anywhere up until space travel to discourage godmodding (i.e., no saying that your race has control of multiple star systems or antimatter weaponry). Then, an experienced and skilled writer on the forum makes stories about the races interacting with one another, taking input from the forum members along the way. It could make for less interactive but very different stories. I'm not saying that I want this style replacing the way we RP, I'm just saying that the thought just came into my head and I wanted to share it.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2011, 03:02:47 pm »
you seem to be looking at power as if this is a competitive game. I thought it was more story oriented, so it really shouldnt matter how 'strong' your civilization is.

I say this with having two races, both underpowered compared to most on here.
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 23, 2011, 08:40:03 am »
An idea just occurred to me: people post detailed inormation about their races, with history that can lead anywhere up until space travel to discourage godmodding (i.e., no saying that your race has control of multiple star systems or antimatter weaponry). Then, an experienced and skilled writer on the forum makes stories about the races interacting with one another, taking input from the forum members along the way. It could make for less interactive but very different stories. I'm not saying that I want this style replacing the way we RP, I'm just saying that the thought just came into my head and I wanted to share it.
I see what u did thar.