Author Topic: GHD Storyline: Grox Genocide Operation I (This rp isn't supposed to be here)  (Read 8218 times)

Offline Panthean

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
Could I get a blunt, direct, straight answer to this question...

Are all the threads and stories in this board connected together as part of singular universe/galaxy/whatever and ultimately apart of the same story?

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Yes you are. You're being dicks and badgering the guy. It's the same proud tradition that the Spore RP section has practiced since its inception. Except now there's a skeleton crew left trying to leech moisture out of the desert wasteland that remains. If you want to play a game, play a game. Canon be damned. It's more fun that pulling rank and protocol on someone.

Are all the threads and stories in this board connected together as part of singular universe/galaxy/whatever and ultimately apart of the same story?

That's what they try to do, yes.

Offline Panthean

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
Yes you are. You're being dicks and badgering the guy. It's the same proud tradition that the Spore RP section has practiced since its inception. Except now there's a skeleton crew left trying to leech moisture out of the desert wasteland that remains. If you want to play a game, play a game. Canon be damned. It's more fun that pulling rank and protocol on someone.

That's what they try to do, yes.

I think I'm beginning to understand... I've seen something similar before

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
  • Blood for the Blood God...
    • View Profile
Bout time I got about to posting on this...
-Everything that has been said in this post-

First, I won't deny it, it is a very detailed history.

You need to start small.

Not exactly, You can't exactly say you control the entire galaxy, but you don't need to actually start on your home planet with one rickety rocket. For example, me: The Core Combine started off reasonably strong, and with time got stronger, but not because I solely say so.

Patman, we aren't denying him entry.

Agreed.

Except now there's a skeleton crew left trying to leech moisture out of the desert wasteland that remains.

It's true  ;D

As for the being dicks part... Well I'm not denying him.

But we could be kinda over reacting here. So what if it's not our cannon? So what if it does not contribute to our mess of a storyline we take pride in? It's not going to harm our precious little poisoned well (HISSS. OUR WELL!)

For all intents and purposes, it is just another game...so whats the harm in playing? I'm actually taking a closer look at things right now...

On that note...

**** your canon. You guys aren't exactly in a place to be denying people entry because their story doesn't fit your infinitesimally small sweet spot that is really convoluted and, let's be honest, pretty stupid.

Hey.... where not stupid, naive maybe... but not stupid...
Quote from: The Evil Overlords Handbook
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

Offline Panthean

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
Re: GHD Storyline: Grox Genocide Operation I
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2010, 05:43:31 pm »
The storyline would have been something along the lines of me not having any character like other players would have, and just sticking to the role of basically being dungeon master and only using very high and up characters to direct the story. The empire wouldn't control the entire galaxy, not at this point, it would be after the final Grox wars that all different empires unite and become one, which well, duh, then they would control a vast majority of the galaxy. Besides the point...

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
my only complaint with using the grox is, why? there are a lot more interesting things you could come up with.
 ie: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=16737.0   if your looking for an example of a 'similar' society to the grox. most people would suggest you check the naucean thread, but I find them bland

as for it not being cannon, eh, I break cannon all the time.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 07:03:42 pm by Crazen »
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Wow, did people overreact or what...  :(

I wholeheartedly agree with SimplyNecro on all of this.

Also, welcome to the board, Panthean!  :)

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
Wow, did people overreact or what...  :(

I wholeheartedly agree with SimplyNecro on all of this.

You DARE try to be nice to a noob?! NOOO! I will not stand for this, not one bit! We must be as harsh, blunt, and uncompromising as Al-Qaeda Tea Party BP officials who haven't had their coffee yet on the morning after a New Year's party!

Also, welcome to the board, Panthean!  :)

DRAT! I've been foiled by the power of love!

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
Okaaaaaay..... *Slowly moves away from omegatripod*

Anyway, yes, welcome to the forum Panthean. Hope you have a good time here.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!