Author Topic: GHD Storyline: Grox Genocide Operation I (This rp isn't supposed to be here)  (Read 8210 times)

Offline Panthean

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
First off, click here for a general look at the plot-lines!
More specifically though, read up the stuff HERE, and HERE!

As you can tell at less than a glance, I have quite the developed storyline. It's not enough for me though... I'm ambitious like that. I want even more of a story to go with my story; I want more heroes than just the leaders I came up with; I want an epic tale of insane battles in a time of epic war. The first war I want to focus on is the first major war against the Grox, started by Grand Admiral Adria Jestico. I already have the basic outline down which I believe will make this story fairly entertaining to play through. Where the players come in is simple: military, or other important inflectional people from not only the GHD Empire, but from other empires, doing their thing in this war to help fight, or in some cases, even defend, the Grox.

In the future, I would like to go on to some other points in my timeline, and do an rp for the final GGO, the Galactic Civil War, and even on into the eighth and ninth ages through the rise of the GIA, and the huge battle against the infected.

This rp should begin some time directly after Adria Jestico initiates the operation, and orders preparations for the assault on the Alpha Cluster. The speed at which this rp moves could vary from time to time, depending on what the players (you!) want to focus more on. As the GM, I will of course direct the plot movement of the rp, and play as the key leaders such as Adria Jestico.

If you want to play, please fill out an informational sheet, as follows...

Name: (Keep them shorter, and easily to pronounce and spell, or have a nickname or something)
Age/Gender: (Translate it to years on Earth for simplicity's sake)
Weight/Height: (Keep in mind, you don't necessarily want to be too large to go through say... the door on a spaceship)
Species/Empire: (The more details and development, the easier it is for me to integrate you into the story)
Rank/Position/Titles: (These may be a vast array of military ranks, social figureheads, political authorities, etc.)
Affiliations: (For example, a battlefield company, or a part of the crew of a particular ship, please include details of these things.)
Skills: (Be creative, but not too outrageous)
Personal Goals: (Can be anything...)
Character Bio: (You may develop this as the story goes, but if you do decide on a part of your history and want to change it later, keep in mind that your character's actions in the story may no longer fit your bio.)
National History: (Give me a brief overview of what your character's empire's history looks like; it absolutely may not contradict anything in my storyline)
Anything else: (There's a ton of other information that you all may be more or less interested in, so don't hesitate to add extra categories to get your character across)

It goes without saying, or at least, it should, but unfortunately people can be quite... well... ignorant... ignorant of the fact that the things they want to do with the story might totally contradict my story. I am the GM, this IS my story, if you want to write your own story, please go elsewhere.

I'll go ahead and fill out a character sheet to use as an example as well. This is the character bio. for a character from a different point in time that will not be a part of this story, and is just an example.

Name: Nera Jade Arckas
Age/Gender: 30, Female
Weight/Height: 228 lbs. 7'2" tall
Species/Empire: Great Horned Dragon, Galactic Imperial Alliance
Rank/Position/Titles: Supreme Commander and Grand Admiral of the Galactic Imperial Alliance, Chosen by the One God
Affiliations: Galactic Imperial Alliance, "The Fall of Kahn" Jestico Class warship (Captain)
Skills: Tactical and Strategic Mastery, Melee Combat Mastery, Exceptional Leadership
Personal Goals: Save the GIA from the threat of the Infected
Character Bio: This
National History: (See the GHD Empire)
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 10:45:04 am by Panthean »

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
Re: GHD Storyline: Grox Genocide Operation I
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2010, 10:07:19 am »
I do trust that 90% of that is going to fall apart, mainly because the Grox don't exist in this universe. That and your statement here that the Great Horned Dragon Empire (Which is really probably not going to fly either, given it's quite literally a DRAGON, of all things.) cannot just pop in as one of the great galactic superpowers. You need to start small. And, mind you, that takes a while (my Photos have two real life  years here under their belt, and their status as a superpower is debated!)
That or this is a different universe and you're asking people to come up with entire races on the spot, without a dedicated subsection for logging said races.
So, yeah. You're probably gonna have to either A: Re-work this so it fits in with our universe here, B: Make an another galaxy in the CC subsection, not recommended, C: Go find some free web hosting forum thing and make your own forum for this, or D: Make it non-cannon, not recommended either.
Your timing is pretty bad for a major RP like this, given we have a war going on right now almost as big if not worse than the Communicant War.
So yeah.....
And I believe this is in the wrong section, this belongs in the Spore: Roleplaying and Story Games sub-category.
But anyway, Welcome to the forums, and I hope you enjoy your stay! I'm sorry if I came off as rude, but we have certain....how would I put it kindly....standards for the creatures, one of the largest of which, and this is more of a rule of thumb, from experience, it's independent from Spore, ironically. Just send me a Private Message if you want the full details.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 10:11:24 am by GroxGlitch »

Offline Panthean

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2010, 10:25:29 am »
I do trust that 90% of that is going to fall apart, mainly because the Grox don't exist in this universe. That and your statement here that the Great Horned Dragon Empire (Which is really probably not going to fly either, given it's quite literally a DRAGON, of all things.) cannot just pop in as one of the great galactic superpowers. You need to start small. And, mind you, that takes a while (my Photos have two real life  years here under their belt, and their status as a superpower is debated!)
That or this is a different universe and you're asking people to come up with entire races on the spot, without a dedicated subsection for logging said races.
So, yeah. You're probably gonna have to either A: Re-work this so it fits in with our universe here, B: Make an another galaxy in the CC subsection, not recommended, C: Go find some free web hosting forum thing and make your own forum for this, or D: Make it non-cannon, not recommended either.
Your timing is pretty bad for a major RP like this, given we have a war going on right now almost as big if not worse than the Communicant War.
So yeah.....
And I believe this is in the wrong section, this belongs in the Spore: Roleplaying and Story Games sub-category.
But anyway, Welcome to the forums, and I hope you enjoy your stay! I'm sorry if I came off as rude, but we have certain....how would I put it kindly....standards for the creatures, one of the largest of which, and this is more of a rule of thumb, from experience, it's independent from Spore, ironically. Just send me a Private Message if you want the full details.

Well damn, don't blame me... some-one moved this from the other rp section, this story is meant to go on its own

*angst*

I can't pm?! Lame... okay, so how do I get this thing back where it belongs?
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 10:29:05 am by Panthean »

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
It IS where it belongs.
It's Spore related. It belongs here. It was moved by a MODERATOR.
It does not belong in the other RP section because it has Grox, a Spore created creature, so on and so forth.
Ere to for it's right where it belongs.
Why don't you try adapting to us.
And to pm, just go to their profile and click "send this user a private message".
I'd be glad to help you flesh out your first creature.

Offline Panthean

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
Okay, I'm definitely not changing my story, this kind of thing is not what I'm interested, I want to develop my own story more... so, just to be certain, is there no place for a separate storyline from your guys' universe on this site?

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
As I said, you could always make a non-cannon story, but given the large war going on now, not many people my participate.
I would, but I can't say how many others.
You could optionally go to www.fanfiction.net and make it a spore fanfiction, which is what it's sounding like, but if you're looking at an rp with people playing in your universe by your rules, you're out of luck anywhere, RP's like that generally don't work out, given roleplaying is a conglomerate effort.
Again, I would push for you to give our little galaxy a try, but if you're not interested in this kind of thing, I can understand that. RP's ain't for everyone.

Offline Panthean

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
Okay, I think I understand better now. I was confused a bit by the non-cannon part considering that there is no... actual spore cannon, because it's an opened ended game. It's all really fanficition in some form or another so that was confusing.

Tell me if I'm getting this right, the cannon that you are referring to is this story here. Please tell me if I got that wrong.

I would go to fanfiction.net, but I dislike that site, so I'm constantly looking for alternatives to this kind of thing.

Since you're so insistent on me joining this ongoing rp, I'll take a look at it. But I wouldn't want to integrate the GHD into it, because as you may see, I've given a ton of effort into developing the GHD story/plot, solely for my own enjoyment without the intention of making it into rp.

As far as the pm's go, I'm serious... I go to the link to send a new message and it says I can't do it.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
The cannon I'm referring to is the storyline of the universe that the roleplaying on this site takes place in. Some differences are: There are no Grox, so on and so forth.
So because your RP introduces Grox, it would be noncanon, because in the canon, there are no Grox. It's reallly complicated :)
And yeah, I can agree with you. I particularly don't care for FF.net any more, it has a tendency to utterly butcher anything I upload, removing ninety percent of the punctuation.
And if you're at least willing to take a look at our RP group...thing, that's great! You show a great amount of dedication and detail in your backstory, which from the amount you have their alone, could easily make you one of the greats here, with a cool, unique creature.
Hell, it's better than I've done for history! :P
Oh, and you might want to check with a moderator or Gaming Steve himself if your PM function isn't working.

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
His ability to PM isn't working because he doesn't have a high enough post count.

Panthean, please read the rules of the Spore RP & Creation Corner. Read up on other peoples' races and RPs. Make your own race before joining any RPs, ok? And remember, this all takes place OUTSIDE of the Spore game universe. This is something completely different. There are no Sporebucks, Grox, T-Scores, space captains, or Maxis-made creatures.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
Omega is right on both points, both about the PMs and our cannon.

The fact that it is contained under the name of Spore RPs is really just a throwback to it's origons.  Our RP universe has been developing for just about 5 years now, and while it was origonally inspired by Spore, it already had very little to do with Spore by the time the game eventually came out.

For all intents and purposes, this is an origonal sci-fi setting, with no ties to the game.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
Yeah, try developing your race first before doing something like this and maybe do a first contact RP (Though from what I heard, its been debated whether or not first contact RPs are needed...). And try to be original when it comes to making your race.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Panthean

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
His ability to PM isn't working because he doesn't have a high enough post count.

Panthean, please read the rules of the Spore RP & Creation Corner. Read up on other peoples' races and RPs. Make your own race before joining any RPs, ok? And remember, this all takes place OUTSIDE of the Spore game universe. This is something completely different. There are no Sporebucks, Grox, T-Scores, space captains, or Maxis-made creatures.

Thanks for the PM info. very helpful.

You missed the beginning of this discussion though, where this thread was moved from some-where else, so of course it was not made to go along with this boards story-line... I'm going to look into this story though, I may join.

Omega is right on both points, both about the PMs and our cannon.

The fact that it is contained under the name of Spore RPs is really just a throwback to it's origons.  Our RP universe has been developing for just about 5 years now, and while it was origonally inspired by Spore, it already had very little to do with Spore by the time the game eventually came out.

For all intents and purposes, this is an origonal sci-fi setting, with no ties to the game.

Really?.. I'm like 5x as interested now.

Yeah, try developing your race first before doing something like this and maybe do a first contact RP (Though from what I heard, its been debated whether or not first contact RPs are needed...). And try to be original when it comes to making your race.

Well... did you actually look at the links? If even you just clicked them you would see a ridiculously huge amount of development, so please do not try and tell me my ideas are under-developed. Unless that's not what you're getting at, in which case, disregard that statement, I took you wrong.

Don't worry, when I actually make a thread that is MEANT to go here, I will be sure to have looked more into this board's development.

just FYI, I am going to remove this thread due to its displacement. (I don't know if I can even remove my own threads, if I can't it obviously will not be removed)

If you wish to continue these unrelated discussions feel free to email me at epanthean@yahoo.com

I'll wait a bit so anyone who might want to continue discussion can get that address.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 11:57:06 am by Panthean »

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile

Well... did you actually look at the links? If even you just clicked them you would see a ridiculously huge amount of development, so please do not try and tell me my ideas are under-developed. Unless that's not what you're getting at, in which case, disregard that statement, I took you wrong.

Don't worry, when I actually make a thread that is MEANT to go here, I will be sure to have looked more into this board's development.

Actually, when I said that. I meant making a race in the creation corner and RPing with other people in the RP section. Also, you can't double post. Edit your last post instead.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 02:21:01 pm by Galactic-Warrior »
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
If I may step in and offer some sage advice...

**** your canon. You guys aren't exactly in a place to be denying people entry because their story doesn't fit your infinitesimally small sweet spot that is really convoluted and, let's be honest, pretty stupid (see: Superpower RP). So let the guy do his game, it doesn't matter. Just have fun with it and blow stuff up and be nice.

**EDIT**
I don't deny that this will probably implode spectacularly though. You guys have already dragged too much mud across the guy and his idea to give it the time of day. And yes... this RP is supposed to be here. It's a Spore RP and this is the Spore RP section.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 02:07:59 pm by PatMan33 »

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
Patman, we aren't denying him entry.

Offline Panthean

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
Could I get a blunt, direct, straight answer to this question...

Are all the threads and stories in this board connected together as part of singular universe/galaxy/whatever and ultimately apart of the same story?

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Yes you are. You're being dicks and badgering the guy. It's the same proud tradition that the Spore RP section has practiced since its inception. Except now there's a skeleton crew left trying to leech moisture out of the desert wasteland that remains. If you want to play a game, play a game. Canon be damned. It's more fun that pulling rank and protocol on someone.

Are all the threads and stories in this board connected together as part of singular universe/galaxy/whatever and ultimately apart of the same story?

That's what they try to do, yes.

Offline Panthean

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
Yes you are. You're being dicks and badgering the guy. It's the same proud tradition that the Spore RP section has practiced since its inception. Except now there's a skeleton crew left trying to leech moisture out of the desert wasteland that remains. If you want to play a game, play a game. Canon be damned. It's more fun that pulling rank and protocol on someone.

That's what they try to do, yes.

I think I'm beginning to understand... I've seen something similar before

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
  • Blood for the Blood God...
    • View Profile
Bout time I got about to posting on this...
-Everything that has been said in this post-

First, I won't deny it, it is a very detailed history.

You need to start small.

Not exactly, You can't exactly say you control the entire galaxy, but you don't need to actually start on your home planet with one rickety rocket. For example, me: The Core Combine started off reasonably strong, and with time got stronger, but not because I solely say so.

Patman, we aren't denying him entry.

Agreed.

Except now there's a skeleton crew left trying to leech moisture out of the desert wasteland that remains.

It's true  ;D

As for the being dicks part... Well I'm not denying him.

But we could be kinda over reacting here. So what if it's not our cannon? So what if it does not contribute to our mess of a storyline we take pride in? It's not going to harm our precious little poisoned well (HISSS. OUR WELL!)

For all intents and purposes, it is just another game...so whats the harm in playing? I'm actually taking a closer look at things right now...

On that note...

**** your canon. You guys aren't exactly in a place to be denying people entry because their story doesn't fit your infinitesimally small sweet spot that is really convoluted and, let's be honest, pretty stupid.

Hey.... where not stupid, naive maybe... but not stupid...
Quote from: The Evil Overlords Handbook
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

Offline Panthean

• Breakout Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2010, 05:43:31 pm »
The storyline would have been something along the lines of me not having any character like other players would have, and just sticking to the role of basically being dungeon master and only using very high and up characters to direct the story. The empire wouldn't control the entire galaxy, not at this point, it would be after the final Grox wars that all different empires unite and become one, which well, duh, then they would control a vast majority of the galaxy. Besides the point...

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
my only complaint with using the grox is, why? there are a lot more interesting things you could come up with.
 ie: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=16737.0   if your looking for an example of a 'similar' society to the grox. most people would suggest you check the naucean thread, but I find them bland

as for it not being cannon, eh, I break cannon all the time.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2010, 07:03:42 pm by Crazen »
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Wow, did people overreact or what...  :(

I wholeheartedly agree with SimplyNecro on all of this.

Also, welcome to the board, Panthean!  :)

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
Wow, did people overreact or what...  :(

I wholeheartedly agree with SimplyNecro on all of this.

You DARE try to be nice to a noob?! NOOO! I will not stand for this, not one bit! We must be as harsh, blunt, and uncompromising as Al-Qaeda Tea Party BP officials who haven't had their coffee yet on the morning after a New Year's party!

Also, welcome to the board, Panthean!  :)

DRAT! I've been foiled by the power of love!

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
Okaaaaaay..... *Slowly moves away from omegatripod*

Anyway, yes, welcome to the forum Panthean. Hope you have a good time here.