Author Topic: NationStates  (Read 1341 times)

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
NationStates
« on: November 09, 2010, 11:59:59 pm »
After searching the Forums I have found that are no topics on this game specifically. This has been fixed.

NationStates is a... I can't really explain it myself.
Just click the above link and you can find out.

Anyways this topic is for general discussion of this 'game' and whatnot.

DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
Re: NationStates
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2010, 01:18:43 am »
I have my own nation.

It's called the Enkindled Nation because I saw it on a Mass Effect RP website...

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2010, 06:54:36 am »
Played it, quit it. I didn't like how they exaggerated every decision I chose.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Brandonazz

• Baseball SuperStar
  • Hoc etiam transibit
    • View Profile
    • My Internet Treasure Trove
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2010, 07:05:03 am »
Nationa is a small, bustling state with a population of 11 billion.

This game gets silly and uninteresting too quickly. Nationstates 2 was alright for the brief period of time it existed.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2010, 07:50:33 am »
Yeah, Nationstates was fun for the amount of time it took to get through all the issues before they started repeating.

It really kills the immersion when you have to make that damn indigenous shrew extinct every other week, y'know?
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline IamMe

• Gorf Goon
  • +200 Points!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2010, 01:50:31 pm »
God I haven't been on this in years. My nation was "OnFireLand", and it was constantly on fire.

The Oppressed Peoples of OnFireLand is a huge, devout nation, remarkable for its sprawling nuclear power plants. Its hard-nosed, hard-working, cynical population of 618 million are ruled with an iron fist by the corrupt, dictatorship government, which oppresses anyone who isn't on the board of a Fortune 500 company. Large corporations tend to be above the law, and use their financial clout to gain ever-increasing government benefits at the expense of the poor and unemployed.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent, corrupt, pro-business government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Law & Order, and Healthcare. It meets every day to discuss matters of state in the capital city of City Designation 01D-E32. Citizens pay a flat income tax of 80%. A powerhouse of a private sector is led by the Arms Manufacturing, Uranium Mining, and Information Technology industries.

Organ donation is compulsory, the nation's new foreign policy of 'very disproportionate retribution' has its neighbors on edge, all government facilities are built in the subterranean citadel of City Designation 01D-E32, and all citizens are solely referenced by their allocated identity number. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is relatively low, thanks to the all-pervasive police force. OnFireLand's national animal is the Phoenix, which teeters on the brink of extinction due to widespread deforestation, and its currency is the Flammable Paper Money.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 12:08:43 pm by IamMe »

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2010, 12:47:58 am »
I have a country as well. A wonderful place known as Alimantuan.

And guess what we now have thanks to Clarke. A region Aligned GS Nations. Thanks Clarke.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 06:02:31 pm by Badger Man 22 »
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 14, 2010, 06:42:55 am »
I remember this, anyway i just made a new nation Kurastak

EDIT:Oh look, i have two.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 10:32:07 am by munchkin5 »