Author Topic: They Who Cannot Be Named - The Ancients.  (Read 14953 times)

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
Re: They Who Cannot Be Named - The Ancients.
« Reply #30 on: January 01, 2011, 10:24:19 pm »
"....repeat that.....WHAT?" Kae'shaz cut his comunicator's channel.
"It appears your flagship, the Vara Orealyanis, has, for lack of a better term.....disapeared." Kae'shaz said to Shanara, leading the group. He noted the look on the Orealyanis' face.
"You recognized that beast too." He inquired.

P.S. LEVIATHAN: BRIDGE:
"All ships except for my taskforce, break off and hit other targets. This is just mop-up duty." Ryo'lis ordered. That was when the Nameless would truely meet the Photos head on on the battlefront. The vast majority of the Photos fleet broke off and went for other targets. Only 51 ships remained in orbit of Verog.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2011, 12:21:40 am »
"That lifeform...", Shanara remarked as he finished sending commands to the first Fleet above.

Remembering Kae'shaz's words, his mind flashed back once again.

"Indeed, your Highness." One of the scientists promptly answered the Prince as they all gazed cautiously at the small clump of frozen alien matter floating motionlessly within its container. "Article #7418965-741895623-987456321-85279-852-987456321, also known as the Infection, is an extremely fascinating substance, indeed. All our tests show that, given enough time, the material can adapt to almost every situation we can throw at it."

"Except for extreme cold, that is, of course.", another professor quickly added in an ambivalent tone.

"I see.", the Prince remarked as he stepped closer towards the substance. "And I hear some members of your department are proposing that we, domesticate it?"

"That is correct, your Excellency.", a voice echoed from one of the hall's many entrances. "The Infection communicates via manipulating the fabric of space-time to produce certain minute frequencies that form a complex web that includes every single unit in existence. Well, at least that's what we think they do, there's still much to study about it."

"Oh, Professor Ceramoleious!", one of the other scientists greeted the Choro Professor.

"Professor Ceramoleious...", Shanara said as he promptly approached the person enthusiastically. "We finally meet!", he added as he bowed towards the Choro.

"Likewise, your Excellency.", Ceramoleious bowed in turn.

"I've heard quite a lot about your family through my mother.", the Prince continued. "Your great grandfather was one of the leaders in reverse-engineering Terran-Ixian nanotechnology, correct? Not to mention a pivotal member in developing the stealth technology which gave us the victory back in the Fold War."

"That is correct.", the Choro replied. "Thank you for the compliments, your Excellency. But I'd rather focus on the subject at hand."

"You're right.", the Prince agreed, motioning for the professor to follow him back towards the specimen.

"Are you sure we can actually tame this substance, though?", Shanara looked back at the alien pathogen, somewhat dubious of its ability to be domesticated.

"I can assure you, your Excellency.", Ceramoleious assured him as he stood beside the Prince, smiling. "We will use everything in our power to make domestication of the Infection a reality."

"Kari... once told us...", Shanra began, parts of his words slowly coming together. "About how they were... driven back...", the Prince's armor looked at the Praetor's unit. "What was that... thing?"

"Praetor..."

//You heard the Admiral!//, an Orealyianis officer called across the network as he rallied a chunk of the First Fleet. //Chase down that Luminary! Flank it from multiple sides!//

Soon enough, a large number of Orealyianis ships turned towards deep space as they joined the desperate pursuit.

"Are these nuisances persistent or what!", Vanretzerheimer scoffed at the oncoming wave of ships. "Regardless..."

Moments later, the units orbiting Verog lost contact with the ships well.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 02, 2011, 12:52:27 am »
"Ah yes. He may have referred to us as Pok'thuj. That is their derogatory name for us. But yes, that was certainly some variation of KV-237, though that thing was modified beyond any level I had comprehended from that particular weapon. Hopefully it is still affected by cryo and electronic weaponry." Kae'shaz said. "One think I can say of Kari'u'Sadow; Though a dastardly bastard if there ever was one, in a situation he tends to be brutally honest and straightforward. A pity, a race of such technological grace, yet so corrupt. The technologies you've seen in their possession as of recent are mere child's play compared to what they possessed when we waged war with them. They had technological terrors that bent the laws of physics so, even our best scientists today cannot fully comprehend just how they functioned. They amassed their technology quickly. Ours has been developed and designed over countless eons to where it stands today. My race's brain is more geared towards the psychometric; we possess psysic powers that come naturally. For example:" Kae'shaz said, lifting a trio of small round stones out infront of the group as they walked, spinning them around each other, before casting them against the wall again. "And that was nothing. Some examples other than that are pyroknesis, foresight, and-"
"Psysic suggestion." Shanara blurted out, hurriedly covering his mouth, accompanied by a chuckle from Kae'shaz.
"Allows me to project a thought into another being, in essence a very simple, limited form of mind control." Kae'shaz explained.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 02, 2011, 02:35:24 am »
"Very fascinating!", the Prince chuckled as they approached what appeared to be a massive threshold. "I guess the Shadow also did their fair share of trying to abduct some citizens, then?", the Prince asked curiously as the light from the passage glistened off his variable armor.

"In any case, let's hope "They" really haven't removed the Infection's cold tolerance.", Shanara sighed as he looked at the massive door in front of them. "We only managed to contain it back then using cryo-weapons. I fear what would happen if that thing adapts to all of our weapons..."

"A Hyperlink?", he looked at it more intensely as he tried to decipher the superficial markings. Then it dawned upon him.

"Wait... Something's not right...", Shanara spat in surprise. "This signature... It's clearly not .th or any other hostile code, for that matter..."

"This is...", he stopped, certain that Kae'shaz already knew what he would say next. With a silent nod, he approached the massive Hyperlink until his armor's claw eventually touched its surface.

He didn't know how, or even exactly why. What he did know was that this program was set up only quite recently, and by someone far from the Nameless' alignment.

It was, from a Terran-Ixian.

Up in orbit, the Orealyianis scrambled to make contact with outside.

It was the extragalactic communications blackout all over again.

Nothing was coming in.

Nor was there anything coming out.

For all intents and purposes, the force above Verog was all but completely stranded, with anyone sent towards the fringes vanishing without a trace.

"What in the world...", an Orealyianis captain can only wonder as to what was actually happening. Regardless, they'll have to inform the Admiral some time soon.

His reaction to all of this would be anyone's guess.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 06, 2011, 09:35:40 am »
"Damnit!" Ryo'lis pounded the console. There was nothing to do now but wait for an answer.
"You might want to save the console pounding for a few days. The injection into the arm should have it healed within the next few days, but it'll still take a while." The medical drone said. It walked back over to it's desk and retrieved a small bottle of caplets. It tossed it to Ryo'lis, who caught it with his good arm.
"If the pain get's too bad, take one of those. But only one, the're very concentrated, more than one could kill you." The drone said, returning the display console to the terminal on the wall. It went back to tapping away on the keyboard, going about it's daily business. Ryo'lis returned to the bridge.
"So, what happened in my absence?" Ryo'lis asked.
"Well, the Orealyanis fleet got decimated, the Vara disappeared, and the Orealyanis monarch was kidnapped." The stand-in commander said uninterestedly.
"You don't sound too active in these current events." Ryo'lis said, a sence of irritation growing in his voice.
"We couldn't have gotten involved anyway. The minute our ships left, a powerful Nameless being came out. I'd assume it's a Pure Nameless, it was able to counter the Phitire's timestop. It did a number on those Phitire ships; they barely scratched him, if that. Nothing can enter or exit the system; probably the Nameless countering anyone daring to chase them." The stand-in said.

VEROG CATACOMBS
"Feed this image through the database, see if we get any matches." Kae'shaz said, forwarding a scan of the inscription to the Phitire command ship in orbit.
"Let's hold here for a moment. If my people can get any info on this, it could be invaluable." Kae'shaz announced.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2011, 07:37:36 pm by GroxGlitch »

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 22, 2011, 05:07:10 pm »
"Alright.", Shanara's armor nodded as it motioned for everyone else to secure the current location. "Just tell us when the scan's ready."

Looking around the chamber, the he searched for any other sign that would help him build a picture of what happened in the area.

"I have a bad feeling about this.", the Prince said to no one in particular. "There aren't supposed to be any Terran-Ixians on Origin, yet-"

THONK

His thoughts were interrupted, however, when the sound of solid metal came pounding down on his armor's head. Quick inspection of the fallen object revealed a rather uncomfortable predicament.

"ALL UNITS! HEADS UP!", Shanara ordered just as the others instinctively trained their weapons at the ceiling at the sight of the fallen Dronel. Rapid bursts of plasma suddenly lit the passage as an endless stream of Dronels trickled down on the soldiers. The troops were quick to control their intensity of fire, however, in order to prevent the tunnel from collapsing upon itself and burying them along with it.

"Don't mind us, we can handle this.", he added while shooting down a small pack of Dronels that was headed for the Hyperlink. "Just tell us when you're finished, Praetor Kae'shaz. Rest assured, I've already called for backup to secure this area once we come through that Hyperlink."

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 28, 2011, 12:01:16 pm »
"Finished.....curses, no match. I'm afraid I can't tell us anything. My armour has recorded it, it may be of use later." Kae'shaz looked up.
"Would you like me to handle that?" He asked.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 30, 2011, 07:12:58 am »
"Alright then!", Shanara nodded to the Praetor as several bays opened on his craft's shoulders. Moments later, several strings of intensely bright light emitted from the devices within, as the photonic rays danced across the chamber and cut down a half-dozen clumps of Dronels. He then shifted his attention back to the Terran-Ixian portal, motioning for several armors to scout the other side. Soon after, a pair of variable armors, both clad in the Orealyianis' standard scanner upgrade, pushed against the glowing inscriptions, prompting the Hyperlink's sudden reactivation and transporting the two armors instantly to the other side.

"All units, move out!", the Admiral returned to firing at the endless influx of enemies as the other Orealyianis armors began to jump into the Hyperlink. His communicator then began to ring as a string of friendly signals announced their imminent arrival.

From some distance away, the sound of plasma fire echoed across the passage. Several moments later, a friendly silhouette finally came to the group's view as the team of reinforcements finally entered the scene.

"Time to pull out.", Shanara nodded again as he motioned for the Praetor before waiting for both of them to jump through the portal together.

"Well, here we go..."

Beams of icteric light flew across the passage as the barely audible sound of a small zooming presence cut through the stale mist and blinding lack of consistent illumination. The only constant source of barely considerable light was the palely glowing figure from which the sounds originated as well.

"They're here, aren't the-", a voice emanated from the center of the glowing presence as it hopped from spot to spot, avoiding the constant trial of the incoming beams of light.

"Do not speak.", another voice suddenly interrupted as his words seemingly hushed the former. "Spare your words, you are yet unfit to converse."

The glowing entity landed at the center of the passage as it turned from side to side. "They are here...", the latter voice noted as moved on yet again.

Shanara's armor landed on the other side of Heyperlink as he began to assess the condition of their destination.

"Cold, as always, but far more damp than before...",  he noted to himself as his vessel's sensors familiarized itself with the surroundings. "Far more massive interior as well.", he added after gauging the approximate size of their new location.

Everyone else was more or less doing the same, scouring the chamber as each of their movements echoed throughout the eerily silent area.

Unbeknown to anyone, a silent and vigilant eye was watching every bit of the unwitting explorers' moves.

Soon enough, it finally made its move.

"What-", Shanara turned to his rear as the wall where the Hyperlink was clinging to suddenly sprouted several additional portals. This time, there was no mistaking the owner of the Hyperlinks in question.

"Nameless...", he slighted as he locked on to the icteric glowing portals. Not long after, several other Hyperlinks sprang forth all around the group, encircling them.

The air within the passage suddenly began to crack as several dark blurs sprang from the malevolent gateways. A hail of assorted weapons fire greeted the hostile presence as the Prince's forces quickly took to the air and battled the figures in what can possibly be considered the sky.

The enemies responded in kind as they revealed their true forms: giant mechanisms of a very familiar form, altering in appearance primarily through its obsidian and neon yellow color scheme. A shower of particle beams soon filled the sky while the sound of particle barriers casually absorbing plasma fire echoed across the chamber.

"Variable Armors...", Shanara thought, and true enough, they were. His craft's engines began to rev up as he positioned himself to engage the enemies as well.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2011, 08:59:35 pm »
Kae'shaz was quick to open a hailstorm of fire on the last portal open, hitting two of the corrupt VA's. Flame billowed out from the impact locations. He activated his jump pack, getting a momentary height advantage on the enemy. He switched one arm to an energy blade and followed up, bisecting one of the VA's. He continued the slashing momentum, bringing the gun arm around and launching another volley of golden energy bolts. He dropped lower and landed, a worrying energy low warning appearing on his HUD.
"Uh-oh. It looks like running that Program pretty much tapped me out." He announced on Shanara's channel.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 10, 2011, 07:11:51 am »
"I'll cover you.", Shanara trailed one of the zooming assailants with a shower of plasma before hitting it dead straight with volley of MLMs. One of the enemy's leg thrusters was quickly engulfed in flames while another volley of MLMs, this time from one of Shanara's subordinates, subsequently took down another.

Trying to balance on two, the compromised opponent shifted its weight rearward, changing to Orealyian form and putting down its remaining two thrusters straight against the ground. Gaining altitude, it released its own salvo of MLMs to amputate its damaged limbs while using the rest of its armaments to retaliate against the Prince.

Quick on his feet, Shanara changed halfway and boosted strafed towards his side, firing off several rounds of plasma which collided with the attacker's own. Less than a second later, a slight boost in one of the rear thrusters shifted his armor to a side as he intercepted another hostile armor, just as it maneuvered itself to right behind Kae'shaz' unit. Another volley of plasma let out from Shanara's arms as his target went out in a powerful blast generated by its damaged core.

"That's one down...", Shanara remarked before turning back to his other adversary and finishing it off with a salvo of MLMs in conjunction with an ally's supportive fire. Another bright explosion plastered the cavern with light before swiftly returning to intermittent darkness.

And that makes two..., he made a mental note as he reverted to a full Orealyian.

The group couldn't celebrate for long, however, as they began to get readings on another set of Hyperlinks opening just above them.

"Dear Praetor, how's your status?", the Prince went back to Kae-shaz, waiting for his answer while calling for additional support to be sent to their current location. "You guys aren't the only ones who can summon reinforcements.", his armor began to lift off the ground and transform halfway once again.

A muddled yet slightly glowing silhouette zoomed across the passage, headed for the ongoing battle.

"There they are...", a rough yet fleeting voice emanating from the center of the glowing mass chuckled at the spectacle of lights coming from the crossfire.

"Those VAs are in... quite a pinch... though...", it added what it thought to be a witty statement, to which another, more collected voice simply grunted in slight frustration.

This doesn't look too good..., Shanara thought bluntly as he began to detect additional portals forming in all directions. Just as he centered his sights on one of the hostile armors which appeared through the gateways, he began to detect another enemy presence just behind his armor.

Time began to stretch as the Prince realized the nature of his predicament. Seconds became minutes as minutes became hours while the Royal Orealyianis' lightning calculator of a mind reflexively studied the options that he currently had at his disposal.

He perfectly knew that there was no getting away from the corrupted armor without sacrificing his own. The enemy, emerging less than a meter behind his backward facing unit, revealed signs that it had already locked onto his engine with a salvo of MLMs.

He could easily turn his machine around and hope to fire back at it with a relatively high chance of success. That would, however, reduce his chance of survival as his cockpit now faced the enemy, not to mention ejecting then would lead him straight into enemy hands.

Alternatively, he could more than easily bail, saving himself at the total expense of the craft. However, such action would regardless leave him stranded for several seconds without any serious protection against armor-level weaponry. The closes allied VA was quite a distance away, far enough for the enemy to have a frighteningly high chance of firing a bolt of plasma straight through any hypothetical path.

This is definitely not good, at all...

What...

Suddenly, just as the Prince had exhausted all the options which lingered in his mind, an unexpected event registered in his sensors.

A thin yet visibly intense beam of vermilion neon light, stemming from the haze-filled blackness before him, shot right past his armor's side and straight to the core of his would-be attacker. It didn't take long for Shanara to realize that this was the chance that he was waiting for. The Royal Variable Armor quickly transformed into a fighter and sped across the chamber as his foiled assailant was engulfed in its own magnificent explosion.

Entering the fray once again, Shanara took one short glance at the location of his apparent savior.

What he found was, unfortunately, not as comforting as he originally imagined.

"What?!", Shanara was put aback by what he saw through the thick mist.

"YOU'RE-"

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 18, 2011, 07:44:04 pm »
"Oh no, that isn't good." Kae'shaz said, a scan analyzing all enemies in his field of view. His armor locked onto them and he switched to a pair of missile launchers, firing a salvo of missiles at the offending Variable Armors.
VEROG; SURFACE
A large group of Photos had taken up refuge on a gear near the entrance to the catacombs, but were under heavy fire from thousands of Dronels. A Nura fired both missile launchers. The rain of missiles sadly did not appear to do much of anything to the oncoming horde. The infantry were holding the Dronels back, but they were inching closer and closer. Not even the duo of Rotary Autocannon-equipped ABU's could really hold them back, raking the streams of autocannon shells back and forth across the oncoming army. Casualties were beginning to mount. If they fell, the Nameless could flood the catacombs, and then it would be a disaster.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2011, 12:48:02 am »
"Verily...", the figure answered briefly as another beam of light ran through an attacking armor, illuminating the chamber and revealing the form of Shanara's unexpected savior.

"... your Highness."

With these words, the figure finally stepped out of the shadows as it approached the Prince's armor.

The Prince, in turn, swiftly faced the figure, his armor ready to unleash hell upon the cloaked being at a moment's notice.

Back on the surface, the endless ocean of adversaries were visibly taking its toll on the defending forces.

Individually, they were but mere nuisances to the coalition's combined armor. However, much to the fighters' dismay, the limitless stream of Dronels were inevitably, if albeit slowly, gnawing away at their forces.

One by one, the coalition soldiers were succumbing to the unending onslaught.

Their brethren in orbit can only help so much as well, as they themselves were facing their own dire problems above the war wracked surface.

And then it went dark.

What in the world?!

An Orealyianis officer froze in his place as the light which showered over Verog suddenly ceased to exist, plunging the entire world into a single permanent darkness.

It didn't take long before half the remaining fleet were scrambling to figure out what happened.

However, despite all attempts to search for the missing body, it was all but in vain.

Light, gravity, anything that could determine its presence, all but instantly vanished along with the star itself, as if the massive sphere of plasma was extinguished before their very eyes.

It didn't help as well that another unsettling development was beginning to unfold upon their very eyes.

The stars were going out.

"Harao...", Shanara called under his breath towards the .

However, before either could mention anything more, an unexpected presence attracted the Prince's sight.

A Terran-Ixian?!

Shanara's armor assumed a more defensive stance at the sight of the disembodied being held tightly beneath one of Harao's arms. "I have no time for one of your tricks, Harao. I need answers and I need them now!"

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: April 15, 2011, 08:27:43 pm »
Once contact was lost, the situation on Verog's surface got much worse. With no reinforcements and their current forces dwindling, things looked grim. They had run out of grenades, ammunition-based weapons were empty, and most plasma weapons were beginning to overheat. Not only that, they were surrounded, so a way out was nonexistent.
However, the Phitire were just getting started.
Quite unexpectedly, a Phitire gunship did a strafing run around the Photos encampment with a plethora of varied weapons, and chewed apart the Dronels by the hundreds.
========================================================================================
Kae'shaz met with Shanara, engaging a large shield and a blaster of some form, ready to fire at the first sign of an issue.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: April 17, 2011, 02:41:29 am »
"Agreed...", Harao raised up the disembodied creature, as if offering it to the two skeptics warriors before him. An air of seriousness emanated from his eyes as he began to disclose his purpose.

"Our task is but one, your Highness.", the Jyunkichi sought the Prince's eye as his frigid, unflinching stare pierced the armor's canopy. "To witness the truth for ourselves."

"... and end it."

Shanara felt a mix of assurance and doubt from the dubious being's statement, his ambivalent thoughts expressing itself in a question, as well as a tightening trigger on all of his weapons. "I don't quite understand what you're trying to say, unfortunately."

"You journeyed to unravel it, did you not?", Harao, in a cold yet slightly rushed tone, swiftly asked him back, seemingly unfazed by the rising tension which he most certainly was aware of. "The snell and vile acts, of the Atomna."

"Uugh...", a weak and slightly grating voice interrupted the current build-up as the disembodied Terran-Ixian tried to say a word. Unfortunately his weakened state has rendered it an all but impossible task.

"What did you do to that Terran-Ixian?", Shanara grew even more skeptic at Harao as his mind shifted to the critically injured being suspended on the latter's hands. "More importantly, why is there a Terran-Ixian in this galaxy in the first place?"

"It is wiser to advise that you see things for yourself.", Harao promptly replied, aware of the Prince's reaction if he was ever to reveal the truth. "Follow me, if you seek to comprehend.", at which he turned around and began to walk back into the darkness.

"Regardless of your choice...", Harao added as he conjured a small vermillion disk where he placed the severed head. Pushing it back, it floated towards Kae'shaz, as if Harao wanted for the Praetor to accept it. "... send this one to safety."

"He will rid of your doubts, once recovered."

Shanara contemplated, weighing in the risks of following or ignoring the Jyunkichi's words.

However, time was a luxury they currently did not possess.

He will have to decide the path he would take, then and there.

I'll find out the truth behind all of this.

"Prateor Kae'shaz.", Shanara called to his companion before slowly stepping forward and into the impenetrable darkness. "I'm going in."

"I'm not in any position to put you in any greater harm than what we've already went through.", he added before stopping briefly and turning his head around, a pair of subtle smiles visible in his nippers. "Still, if you still wish to fight alongside us..."

"... we'll be quite obliged."

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: April 17, 2011, 07:48:00 am »
Kae'shaz normalized his weapon nodes, grabbing the disc from the air and storing it in a containment unit that popped open on the armor's chest.
"Are you joking? This is the most excitement I've had in 2,000 years! I did not come this far just to walk off now." He engaged a pair of floodlights, scanning the tunnel as he proceeded.
"Shanara, we may have a problem. Verog was composed, at least as far as I know, entirely of those Dronel things. This area isn't, the walls and floor are, like, concrete or something. I don't think we're in Verog anymore. Let me try....." Kae'shaz tried his communicator. "Crap. Nothing, can't get a signal. Either we're too far away or there's a jammer around..."
It looks like the duo were on their own.