Author Topic: They Who Cannot Be Named - The Ancients.  (Read 14921 times)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: They Who Cannot Be Named - The Ancients.
« Reply #15 on: December 08, 2010, 06:39:43 pm »
Back on the surface, Shanara's team couldn't do anything other hold their ground against the torrent of Nameless minions which were slowly claiming foothold on the survivors' sole refuge. Watching the coalition's punishment pour down onto the planet's surface, the admiral wondered if they can manage to outlive the onslaught.

As Lakis and Val'ones marched towards the chamber's entrance, it was truly only then that the colossal obsidian structure firmly solidified its presence.

Artificial Planet...

Such words described the sheer size of the Nameless carrier's bridge, whose dimensions were largely no different from the Orealyianis' Grand Hall-turned-homeworld of Tanariadne.

Boarding one of the many mobile platforms lying in wait across the structure's perimeter, the pair of Photos were suddenly blasted with a sudden and overwhelming sensation of primordial terror. Approaching the threshold only intensified the incorporeal presence, the invisible mist of subconscious  slowly gnawing at their thoughts.

For the most part, Val'ones, to the credit of the Phitire machines currently coursing through his body, was largely unaffected and spared from the harrowing experience. Lakis, while not as fortunate, was also capable of crossing the psychological quagmire by enduring it head-on.

Truly, such an aura would have easily overcome any lesser Photos.

Or any lesser sentient, for that matter.

"He has been expecting you, Photos!", came a rather familiar call as the visage of a certain Weaver zipped past them on their way through the massive gate.

Before the two Photos could respond, another otherworldly sensation seeped into their minds. This time however, it was all the more physical.

A field of distorted space as far as the eye can see.

This was what welcomed the two Photos as they took in a somewhat unnerving view of the dark chamber's constantly shifting form.

And in the center of this maelstrom of warped existence lay a truly abominable aura, whose magnitude can only be expressed by the sheer fact of its own gravitational presence.

"I see you've finally arrived...", came a thunderous yet surprisingly soothing voice from the very center of the great mass. Moments later, the central distortion slowly gave way, revealing the colossal presence of a True Nameless. "It's good to see you're on time."

"Though, of course, still not as prompt as yours truly!", the being chortled, his sleeves which almost graced the floor suddenly rising to the sky before a sudden storm of blinding icteric light consumed the entire chamber. As the light died down, the distortions across the chamber finally ceased to be as Lakis and Val'ones' platform slowly approached the Nameless.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 09, 2010, 03:26:37 pm »
"And humble too..." Lakis muttered out of audible volume.
"As I am quite sure you have wondered post our last meeting, the assimilation of the Photos commander went flawlessly. However, I am equally sure you will be angered with me when I tell you that the Photos did not have the reaction I expected. They merely appointed a new commander and moved on." An irritated grumble from the Pure Nameless confirmed his worries.
"Right. And I'm not done with the bad news yet. Furthermore, a combined group of Photos and Orealyanis, with the aid of some ancient and powerful race, were able to defeat our orbital defenses around Verog, after which the group proceeded to launch a combined arms assault against the planet." Lakis projected a small holovid recording from a small device hidden under the robe he was provided over his armour.
"They have proved more powerful than anticipated, and with the combined ground troops and orbital bombardment, our forces won't last indefinitely." Another, louder grumble, sounding more like a growl. Lakis launched three more vidscreens with recordings of the unknown forces helping the Photos and Orealyanis.
"Though we don't have any info on them, this race could prove troublesome. They possess temporal manipulation technology: something that, as far as I know, WE don't even have a full grasp of yet. They also appear to have some superunit equipped with some form of morphing weapon: incredibly unpredictable, and combined with it's teleporting, makes it nearly invincible. I authorized information gathering on this race, but nothing seems to be available as of yet." He noted the angry stare from the Nameless.
"I'm finished." Lakis finished, wincing at the coming vocal, if not physical punishment he would likely receive.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2010, 06:57:45 pm »
There was a long, almost awkward stretch of silence as the Photos braced for the more than expected backlash that would come from the apparently fuming True Nameless.

Lakis..., a disgruntled, telepathic whisper entered Lakis' notice.

Soon came a dark, seemingly ethereal, burning sensation which crept its way up from the Photos' legs.

"Lakis...", a loud and thunderous voice echoed across the vast chamber, this time lacking the distinctively calming aura which masked the being's previous words. "Tell me...", the dark entity added as he lowered his head to meet with the commanders' platform, the resulting exponential increase in apparent scale blocking the the Photos' view of the dark and featureless sky.

Moments later, the being's eyes, which was by now literally burning with pent up rage, slowly shifted to the left as an utterly realistic scale model of a Nameless Luminary Assault Carrier was conjured out of the being's thoughts.

"What. Exactly. Is. This?", the Nameless glared, each word filled with an overbearingly vast amount of negative emotions which seemed to try and influence anyone who as much as heard it.

Before Lakis could answer back, the being pulled back as the model faded from existence as fast as it appeared. His arms spreadeagled, the Nameless began to laugh in what seemed to be an unsettling, if not outright unhinged sense of relief.

"YES! THAT'S CORRECT! A LUMINARY ASSAULT CARRIER!", the being announced in rejoice as towers of yellow flame erupted from the floor in unison. Slowly, the flames began to branch in all directions as several of them, jumped across the chamber and splashed directly into the Nameless' form.

... and not just ANY luminary, mind you...

Suddenly, all the flames ceased to exist before an instance of silence returned to the chamber.

"MY LUMINARY ASSAULT CARRIER!", a massive torrent of flame erupted from the Nameless as the entire chamber was consumed in an ocean of corrupted light.

"GO!", the True Nameless yelled, as the platform began to draw away from the flames and make its way out of the infernal chamber.

IT IS TIME FOR US TO SHOW THESE FOREIGN WEAKLINGS WHAT THIS VESSEL WAS MADE FOR!

AND ITS MASTER: LORD VANRETZERHEIMER!

UNPARALLELED MASTER OF THE MIND!

AND HIGHEST OF ALL THE ELDERS!

For the particular Nameless Elder, this was, for a lack of a better word...

Very, very...

Personal...

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2010, 03:31:04 pm »
"Oh, I'll show them, all right. Show em' the door right in...." Lakis said, again too quiet for anyone to hear. When the platform returned to it's starting point, the duo of Photos disembarked, Val'ones not having said anything the entire meeting.
"So, what now?" Val'ones finally spoke up.
"We do just what we were ordered. We move out and head for the bridge. From there we can point this behemoth at Verog, and you can fill in the rest, buddy." Lakis said, walking off towards the bridge.
I've got to find a way to cripple this thing from the inside...Lakis thought to himself. It had long ago struck him that for all their intelligence, these Nameless were just as gullible as anyone else, though much more irritable. He did feel somewhat bad for deceiving Val'ones; though it was for his own good, there was no real supervision; Lakis could have pulled that initial meeting off much friendlier. He decided it was time to pull the plug on his mind control and bring him back to the situation: two heads would be better than one in the coming battle.
"Val'ones, may I speak to you for a moment in private?" Lakis asked, leading Val'ones into one of the storage rooms of the great hall. Val'ones nodded. Lakis went in first, and the instant Val'ones shut the door, Lakis hit the proper button on the gauntlet provided to him to by the Phitire. However, it beeped back red. Something was wrong! Val'ones heard this, snapping back.
"You-!" Val'ones cut off, charging Lakis head on. Lakis effortlessly flipped him, using his own momentum. He slammed into the metal floor, his back hitting first and his head smacking not soon after. This appeared to knock him back to reality.
"Owww.....my hea-YOU!" Val'ones said upon seeing Lakis, sweeping his legs out from underneath. Lakis plummeted to the floor. Val'ones pinned him against the floor, chocking him.
"Val'ones, please- give me a chance to explain!" Lakis said inbetween guttural chocking sounds.
"EXPLAIN WHAT, YOU TRAITOROUS SON OF A-" Lakis kicked him off, pinning him by the neck.
"I'm undercover." He whispered. Val'ones calmed a bit.
"Explain yourself. Now." Val'ones said.
"Not long ago, I was contacted by the Phitire, our ancestor race. You haven't met them yet, you've been here the entire time. They knew about the Nameless invasion ahead of time, and saw those of us trapped in the Novus Cluster as the perfect infiltrators. They had a perfect plan-pretend to have a major grudge against those in Origin for "abandoning us", and earn the trust of the Pure Nameless. Then, when the time is right, wreak all sorts of hell. I don't expect you to trust me, but either way, we're needed in the bridge, and you should have all the memories and knowledge from when you were under the control of the nanites, which you will be glad to know are of Phitire manufacture, something the Nameless don't know. In fact, they know none of this, and until the time is right, it stays that way, clear?" Lakis explained, standing and offering Val'ones a hand up. Val'ones shot him a dirty look, but accepted anyway.
"Now then....."
« Last Edit: December 16, 2010, 06:27:31 pm by GroxGlitch »

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2010, 02:23:25 am »
"All units, sustain fire!", King Foriza ordered the entire fleet. "Concentrate bombardment around confirmed surviving drop sites! Decimate the massed dronels and prepare troops for a second ground offensive!"

With a swift affirmative from the rest of the fleet's officers, the Orealyianis forces continued their offensive, saturating Verog's sky with a myriad high-yield weapons.

While this was happening, a familiar voice began to speak up within the vessel's bridge.

It was the on-board AI.

//Your Majesty, if I may.//, it said, calling the Monarch's attention. Receiving a satisfactory nod, the AI carried on with its inquiry.

Soon, the Vara Orealyianis began to shift its thrusters, turning its massive form away from away from the center of the planet and unto the nearby horizon. Soon after, a deep and steady hum began to fill nearby space as the fortress' main cannons slowly began to charge.

Back on the world itself, Shanara's forces were starting to get some headway, though clearly not enough to warrant them from leaving the mountains.

All across the surface, a distinctly fiery glow filled the burning skies as the intensely scorched ocean of dronels stubbornly resisted the fury of orbital bombardment.

"Just a while longer...", Shanara said to himself as he and his team gradually pushed back the enemy off of the base of their holdout.

//Praetor Kae'shaz!//, the Admiral began to call out across the comms network. //Praetor Kae'shaz, what's your status?//

As the Orealyianis Prince waited for the Phitire's response, a distinct pair of flickering lights began to form slightly above the horizon.

moments later, a vast curtain of white completely consumed the battlefield from Shanara's point of view as a very noticeable quake swept the sea of dronels and onto where he stood. At the same time, an almost deafening roar pierced his variable armor's sensors while communications with the outside all but completely ceased.

"Main cannons successful, your Majesty!", one of the Vara's operators announced as the fortress' main cannons promptly began charging for the next round of attack.

"Good!", the King noted, opening a small projection which revealed the result of the strike. "Prepare for the next attack!"

"Thank you, Vara.", Shanara remarked as he saw the aftermath of the Vara's intervention.

Still, there was much work to be done.

Clearly, beyond the horizon, the ocean of dronels were already beginning to regroup in order to bury once again the planet's true surface.

In fact, while the attack might have taken down the enemy around Shanara, it was still quite insignificant compared to the planet as a whole.

Regardless, the number of dronels really were gradually decreasing, thanks to the tenacity of the coalition forces.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 19, 2010, 08:30:19 am »
The Photos were bound in a perimeter, slowly backing up to one of the large gears. There was one ABU, and it was armed with a Rotary Autocannon. The fearsome weapon utterly annihilated the somewhat frail little balls of evil.
"We're almost there!" The squad leader, Ve'kal, announced. The problem wasn't that the little buggers were tough; the problem was there were so damn many of the things! All around, Photos guns were going nonstop. Were it any other army, they wouldn't have had a chance against the Photos. A Phitire shuttle flew past and one Praetor Kae'shaz jumped out, fully armoured. The weapon nodes on the ends of his arms transformed into one linked cannon, and he activated the flight unit, flying high over the mass of Dronels assailing the Photos. He aimed straight down and fired. A massive, shining ray penetrated the Dronels and pulsed, smashing and frying almost the entire group of assailants, who were picked off by the Photos. Without a word of thanks, he sped off for the Orealyanis location.
"This is Praetor Kae'shaz, I just entered the battle, I'm onroute to you now, Admiral."

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2010, 08:54:49 pm »
//Affirmative, Praetor Kae'shaz.//, Shanara said through the comms network before switching the frequency back to his unit.

//You heard that, everyone?//, the Admiral called out to his team which, by then, had already established a defensive line at the base of the mountain. //Praetor Kae'shaz is on his way! Stay sharp and don't let those Dronels in close!//

As the fighting continued on the plain around the mountain, something quickly caught the attention of one of the Orealyianis soldiers as his eyes chanced to look at the valley gouged out by the Vara's main cannons.

//Admiral!//, the officer said as he moved his Variable Armor closer to where the Prince's was. //I think you might wanna look at that...//

Pointing with one of his armor's claws, the soldier guided Shanara's eye to a certain formation that was uncovered by the recent SEACESSV strike.

A tunnel?

//Everyone! It looks like we just found our way in!//, he announced to his unit before swiftly switching channels to relay the news to the Phitire Praetor.

//Praetor Kae'shaz, this is Admiral Shanara. It looks like we just found our way in. I'll be sending you the coordinates shortly.//

Changing frequencies again, Shanara called on to the Vara Orealyianis to announce the recent find. Reinforcements would be sent in short order to secure the newly established extraction point.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 26, 2010, 01:59:33 pm »
On the edge of the system, a gigantic spatial distortion began to materialize, emitting incredible amounts of energy. Every ship in the sector could have noticed it blind.
"Sir, large incoming energy signature, class and layout unknown, but the sucker is HUGE." The sensor operator said. Ryo'lis' body knew what it was, before his mind did. A few seconds later, the monolithic vessel that lay before them had materialized fully.
"OH. MY. GOD." Ryo'lis said, taken completely aback by the enormous vessel, a reaction shared with 90% of the fleet. The Photos had expected Luminary Assault Carriers big, but not THAT big! "Will our guns even damage that thing!?!" Ryo'lis exclaimed. All the Photos ships started firing at the Carrier, but to no avail. Even the Godhammer merely dented the colossal ship's shields. Not even the Phitire's mighty weapons were effective, eliminated by the shields. Sadly, the LAC's weapons were quite effective against the defenders of Origin: many of the Photos' dreadnoughts were lost in the primary salvo alone. The Leviathan shook from several heavy impacts, knocking Ryo'lis off his feet and across the room.
"Agh, damnit!" He said, picking himself up with his left arm. His right arm hurt like hell and hurt worse to move. A medical officer ran to his aid. "I'm fine, just a broken arm. I should get it taken care of, though. Commander O'shaj, you're in charge while I'm in the med bay." He said, calling out his high ranking subordinate.

On the planet's surface, the Phitire were able to annihilate the frail dronels. Kae'shaz hovered next to the Prince's cockpit.
"Want me to clear the opening first?" He asked.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 27, 2010, 05:45:59 pm »
//Much obliged, Praetor Kae'shaz!//, Shanara's armor nodded as he flew to the vicinity of the hole. Switching his unit's channel, he signals a part of his team to mobilize and gather around the depression.

//Units three, four, six, eight, nine and eleven, follow me! Provide cover to the Praetor as he clears out the entry point!//, he ordered while firing off several shots to take down a small swarm of Dronels. //Everyone else, stand your ground!//

A resounding "Affirmative!" filled the channel as everyone moved out.

Descending into the perimeter of the passage's mouth, the Admiral's communicator suddenly begin to ring as the device automatically switched to First Fleet's universal channel.

"Admiral Shanara speaking..."

"A WHAT?!"

"What do you think?", Vanretzerheimer asked the defenders rhetorically from the safety of his chamber as he began to compliment himself. The dark being's eyes shifted slightly to the side as a lone Terran-Vesfian suddenly appeared from behind him. "Amazing isn't it? A marvel of Imperial engineering!", he solicited the creature's reply, which tended to be more of an act of ritualized praising considering his policy with regard to such things.

"Then again, this is just what can be expected from an Elder, no, the Greatest Elder!", he lauded himself again as the comparatively minuscule messenger begin to orbit around him.

"My lord...", the Vesfian spoke with a dark and lifeless tone. "We have received message from Lord Gurukherheimer."

"Yes?", the Nameless responded with feigned interest. This news couldn't possibly be more satisfying than seeing himself winning, which was the only thing on the Elder's mind when the creature started to speak.

//Vanretzerheimer...//, the messenger began. //The preparations are almost complete. We have identified, and procured, the specimens, and are now preparing to conduct the next stage of our operations. You are to pull back immediately from your current engagement above Verog and support our advance into Union space. He will be the one to handle Verog from here on out.//

"WHAT?!"

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 27, 2010, 06:22:25 pm »
Praetor Kae'shaz switched weapons again, to the large energy cannon used a matter of minutes earlier. He took careful aim, charging the weapon as he did so. He fired, and the powerful beam of energy blew open the armoured cover, as well as clearing the hole's preliminary space with a respectable fireball of an explosion. When the fireworks settled down, Kae'shaz landed for a closer look. However, he waited for the Orealyanis to take the lead before truely investigating.

Grand Chamber: Vanretzerheimer's Luminary Assault Carrier
"Mmmm, don't shoot the messenger there, Vanretzerheimer." Val'ones scoffed, riding a platform over. "The ship's already pulling out, the computer was remotely transfered the order from higher up." Val'ones explained, much more somber this time. If I know my men, they're THINKING about a way through. Though probably Lakis already has something planned. Val'ones thought to himself. "Furthermore, the defenders have discovered one of the entrances planetside." Val'ones finished.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2010, 07:12:55 am »
A face full of barely contained fury was what greeted Val'one's statement as the dark being turned around to meet the commander in masquerade.

"Is... That... So?", Vanretzerheimer spoke each word vehemently while a chorus of thunderous flames erupted from the floor to accompany the clouds of swirling darkness that manifested themselves solely through the being's rage. The entity then centered its sights straight at the Photos' own. For what seemed to be hours, yet only a fleeting second, the Elder Nameless shot an apparently knowing glare at Val'ones before promptly resuming his words.

"Something, seems, a bit off...", Vanretzerheimer coldly remarked at the Photos. The maelstrom and fire continued to intensify as the dark being leaned closer and closer towards Val'ones, analyzing, laying his eyes upon him, as if something of great significant had been realized by the being's conscience.

And then...

"I see.", Vanretzerheimer's eyes became more slitted than ever as he swiftly straightened his form, his eyes not leaving that of Val'one's.

"Val'ones?", the Nameless called out as it turned its sights back towards the battle. "It seems that those nanites of yours aren't working like they're supposed to ... is that correct?"

"The life support systems, are terribly off!", Vanretzerheimer exploded in a fit of rage as the entire hall began to burst in flames. Turning back to Val'one's the Nameless' left hand barely hit the Photos' platform as it suddenly swung to the side before pointing at the commander's face. "I may not be Usizimenheimer, then again, who would ever want to be that disgusting freak? But I do, of course, in my infinite wisdom know perfectly when a soft creature's minute and fleshy reactions are rising in spontaneity even when they're not supposed to! Don't you just love to agree?"

"What a primitive design!", he threw his hands into the air which caused the flame and darkness to swiftly cease to exist. "Once this entire thing is over, I will have a word with the excrement eating imbeciles who designed that rundown obsolete disgrace to my very presence!"

"You!", Vanretzerheimer shifted to the Terran-Vesfian, whose form was utterly neutral throughout the entire deal. "Go tell that dampener, Gurukherheimer, that I'm already on my way!"

A polite nod came from the Vesfian as it promptly opened a portal and left the two behind.

"That Elder always sucks the joy in things...", Vanretzerheimer murmured once the messenger was out of earshot.

"You are dismissed.", he followed apathetically, motioning for Val'ones to leave.

I'm going to have one last shot before I pull back...

It would be a total waste if I didn't...

Not to mention missing a chance induce some
terrible irony...

Back on the Vara Orealyianis, everyone was scrambling on the bridge. Even the main SEACESSV cannons weren't working as spectacularly against the Nameless warship.

That was but the least of their concerns, however, as they were certainly soon find out.

"AN ADNE!"

An ominous spherical aura bathed the entire battlefield as the previously static Atomna showed hints of what seemed to be movement. At the same instance, the coalition of ships, most notably that of the Photos and Orealyianis, began to wind down their pace as the progression of time itself was slowly fell into slumber.

The Nameless' power was by no means absolute, however, as the Phitire's own technology seemed to be actively opposing it.

But then...

"USELESS!"

The sound of crumpled metal echoed across space as a large, molten crater appeared on the surface of a Phitire battleship. Yet that was not what shook the thought of the Orealyianis. But the one who actually created it.

Vanretzerheimer himself.

"USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS!"

The Nameless went on as he continued to pound the vessel with a pair of clenched fists right in the middle of the battle. Then suddenly, a flash of icteric light replaced Varetzerheimer's presence as he promptly reappeared above the battered vessel, a massive ball which appeared to be made of Dronels fully materialized between his hands. Grasping onto the sphere, his form, in Orealyianis and Photos eyes, became that of a sudden blur as he hurled the colossal projectile straight at the Phitire warship.

"DISINTEGRATE!"

As the entire First Fleet shifted to aim at the Nameless, the dark being's eyes began to show signs of that of a mischievous grin.

"What-", King Foriza wondered at Vanretzerheimer's expression before it quickly dawned upon him.

He's staring...

directly...

at me?!

He didn't have time to react, however, before an unexpected development befell the main bridge.

SSSHHHRRRKKKK

The vacuum of space began to pull at the crew before the atmosphere of nanomachines promptly reacted to counter the negative pressure and the bridge's canopy itself began to mend its frame.

It was too late.

"So this, is what you had in mind...", the King remarked bitterly as he struggled to free himself from the massive mechanical claw which now held his body.

//What do you think you're doing?//, the Vara's AI called out to the aggressor in a calm yet menacing manner as everyone on the bridge pulled out their weapons and aimed them at the claw. Outside, countless defensive turrets and salvos upon salvos of up-sized MLMs turned towards the assailant, which appeared to be some form of customized variable armor, as evidenced by the many icteric programs which flowed along its obsidian frame as well as the larger than usual arm which it used to grab hold of Foriza.

Get out of my way..., a slow, dull yet highly threatening voice from within the variable armor answered back at the Vara. Without warning, a sudden tugging motion welcomed king Foriza as his body was dragged into the void as the armor pulled out its claw. At that instance, a large number of the Vara's bridge's defenses unleashed itself upon the assailant, taking care not to harm the King that was dangling from its claw.

A spectacle of light appeared over the main bridge as a multitude of high-powered weapons rained across nearby space. The variable armor began to move in a seemingly erratic pattern as it zigzagged through the void and effortlessly dodged almost all of the Vara's attacks, with the few ones that hit swiftly absorbed by its armor.

"Excellent work!", Vanretzerheimer noted regarding the abduction as he began to pull out from the center of the fray. "Though, of course, I could have done it infinitely better myself!"

Converging with the Nameless, the variable armor quickly went behind its back as the both of them promptly disappeared in another flash of light.

Further away, the Luminary Assault Carrier was visibly pulling back as the effects of the Nameless' power gradually began to wane. The Orealyianis and Photos' perceptions finally returned to normal as the swarm of Atomna once again froze in place.

"They're... leaving?", Shanara wondered as he glanced at the Nameless vessel in space, which was now drastically smaller compared to how he formerly spotted it.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 29, 2010, 09:11:54 am »
By the time the platform returned to it's starting position, Val'ones was barely able to stand up he was so badly in hysterics.
"Don't you just love to agree? Why yes, I DO agree you're so full of crap it leaks out yer pores! Val'ones said to himself, laughing even harder.
And no, they're working just fine, just turned off, thank you for asking. He thought to himself. He sighed. He just laughed the hardest he had laughed in years. The level of overreaction by these loathsome beings was downright funny. He set back off for the bridge. He turned his helmet back to broadcast so people could hear what he was saying. He had turned it off when he had started laughing so nobody heard and got curious. If only he had taken off his helmet when meeting with that Nameless, he could have seen the unintimidated look on Val'ones' face through all that.

VEROG SURFACE
"Not for long it isn't." Kae'shaz said, looking up at the retreating vessel. "Bridge, execute command 156-12A. Tell them to block the ship's excape route." He ordered into his link with his command ship.

SPACE AROUND LAC
In front of the Luminary Assault Carrier, two colossal ships materialized. They were Phitire Battleships, and wasted no time opening up with their gigantic main guns. 120 tons of antimatter hit the LAC from the combined duo. It just stood to see the damage done.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2010, 10:59:55 pm »
Which was, by all accounts, absolutely none.

The colossal vessel cruised onwards, despite the Phitire bombardment, shrugging off the strike like a wayward speck of dust. The sheer scale of the structure was enough to make any damage all but superficial.

"AN ADNE!"

The sound echoed again, though in this particular instance, it did not influence the flow of time. Instead, a howling ethereal wind swept the Nameless vessel's front, pushing the two battleships aside as the Nameless went their way.

As expected from a Luminary..., Shanara thought, remarking on the vessel's seeming impregnability.

Soon after, his communicator began to ring as an urgent message came from the Vara Orealyianis.

"WHAT?!", Shanara began to fall flaccid against the cockpit's side as he heard news of the King's abduction.

Foriza..., the Admiral wondered as he looked at the distant sky.

Why would the Nameless abduct the Monarch instead of outright eliminating him?

Why didn't they just try and kill off everyone around Verog, for that matter?

Were they really that confident in their own abilities to postpone victory for the purpose of entertainment?

No, not was not the time to merely speculate about all these things. The reason why they were here was to not just ask questions, but to answer them once and for all.

Getting back on his feet, the royal variable armor flew into the cleared entrance as he signaled the Praetor as well as half of his unit to cautiously follow suit.

the Vara Orealyianis kept firing on its own accord against the Nameless assault carrier as it continued to chase it down. Unfortunately, the vessel was unbelievably tougher than expected, almost to a suspicious degree.

For all intents and purposes, its main SEACESSVs should have at least pierced the outermost shell, according to hull data from known Luminary Assault Carriers.

Yet it didn't.

//Advanced defense programs...//, the Vara hypothesized as it analyzed the meager damage its combined arsenal has dealt.

//Incompatible....//, it answered after running through its database and comparing it to current results.

//No matches found... An unknown type of defense... Possibly a program...//

"Unknown type of defense?", Shanara was puzzled at the study's findings.

Manipulating time, that he could understand. But summoning a planet's worth of Dronels practically out of nowhere, not to mention toning down the main SEACESSVs' damage in a way it seemed that its shots didn't even hit, despite ample evidence that would say that it did.

It was as if the Nameless in charge was manipulating reality itself, and not in a way any program he's seen before.

This was, quite different.

"What kind of program was that?", the Prince thought as he, his group and the Praetor secured another checkpoint on their descent into Verog.

"I sense something very, very wrong about all of this..."

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 01, 2011, 07:01:55 pm »
"No damage at all? IMPOSSIBLE!" The Praetor said into his comms unit. "That bombardment could have destroyed a medium-sized planet a hundred times over!" The Praetor continued, dumbfounded. He shook himself: no time for distractions. The group was coming to a large entrance hall, wide, tall, and ornately decorated. There was a dais in the center, with a large red crystaline orb sitting in it. He signaled the rest of the group to hold. "This could be a trap, I'll check it out." He said, stepping out into the hallway. He made it about half way to the dais. The pillars in the corners of the hall opened, and black goop-looking material shot out, forming around the crystaline structure, shattering the dais. It took form and somewhat solidified, towering over the Praetor. It wasted no time in launching an attack, it's offending arm transforming into a long whip and attempting to take the Praetors feet out from under him. This was no good, as the elite warrior easily avoided it, transforming his left arm into an energy cannon. He opened up on the creature mid air, unleashing a torrent of golden energy bolts at the creature. However, the damage done healed right before his very eyes! It attacked again, this time higher up. He rolled under this one, letting go with both arms. Sadly, still it had little effect past stunning the creature for a few moments. He transformed his left arm into a higher-power energy cannon, and fired at the creature's right leg. The creature toppled over. However, it's leg quite literally re-attached itself and the creature stood right back up. It charged at him with unbelievable speed. It grabbed the Praetor, slamming him into a wall. It went face to face with him, Kae'shaz looking right into the glowing red eye.
"Try as oft as you like, death shall I never taste." A dark, bass tone resonated from the creature. This show of sentience, of intelligence, surprised Kae'shaz more than anything. It tossed him across the room. He picked himself back up.
"You're intelligent?"
"Intelligent? That's so beneath me, that's an insult." The creature resonated, attempting yet again to crush the Praetor with a tentacle, only to have it severed by an energy blade swipe. It healed and he retracted it, it forming back into the default claw.
"So long as I live, you shall never gain access to this place!" It warned. At that moment, it hit Kae'shaz. The eye. The only part he hadn't attacked yet. It was crystaline; not organic like the rest. That had to be it. He switched to the high-energy cannon again.
"Then let me end your sentence!" The Praetor said, firing at the eye. It cracked, the creature reeling and screaming in agony. Yet it was still alive. It uncovered the eye only to catch a glimpse of Kae'shaz coming at it full speed, energy blade activated and flight unit roaring. He impaled the glowing gem-like construct, and the creature let out one last scream before falling dead. The goop dissolved into the cracks of the floor. The crystal gem remained, no longer glowing. Kae'shaz waited a moment.
"It's clear. You're safe to come out." He said to his allies.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 01, 2011, 10:02:50 pm »
"What ... was that thing?", Shanara asked as he scanned the broken core. "The material on it. It seems, extremely familiar, somehow..."

His mind quickly raced back to the past.

"So, you've managed to culture samples without triggering its adaptation mechanism?", Shanara inquired to the group of professors watching alongside him in the laboratory's central exposition chamber, a large transparent vat stood silently at the very center.

Could "They" have-?!

"We have to hurry.", Shanara spoke with a stern yet somewhat shaken urgency. "All units, let's move."

"Judging by the planet's radius, we're about eighth of the way to the core. If we keep our current pace, we can reach it in a couple of hours."

I have a very bad feeling about this...

The Vara Orealyianis charged its main SEACESSVs yet again to see if its attacks will work on a different angle of the Nameless vessel.

However, before it could fire, a strange ethereal cacophony shook the very fabric of space itself. The fortress' sensors began to act wildly as the Vara's AI struggled to keep its grip on the situation.

Moments later, the Vara literally vanished from the coalition's sensors.