Author Topic: They Who Cannot Be Named - The Ancients.  (Read 14582 times)

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
They Who Cannot Be Named - The Ancients.
« on: November 06, 2010, 09:42:28 pm »
"Agh, let the sweeper units find that little rachet in the works. For now we have an invasion to cripple." Ryo'lis said, peering out at the mass collection of ships that had collected at his command; he had given order for every Photos ship in the galaxy to gather at this location, and the armada numbered in the millions.
"Sir, all units accounted for. What now?" Said the tactical officer, over his shoulder.
"Hmmm...." Ryo'lis thought. There were a number of juicy targets to hit. In the end, he decided that, with all the firepower it took to bring down ONE, the Atomna homeworld was the target. "Have the fleet jump to the Atomna homeworld. If we're going to end this, they're going to need to be out of the way." The tactical officer acknowledged this, and within a minute, the entire armada was on route to the Atomna homeworld. When they emerged, there was an utter silence. Countless of the beasts cluttered the space around that accursed planet.
"Sweet mother of-" Ryo'lis said. "Did we BRING enough firepower!?!" Ryo'lis cried. In reality, the two groups were just about scraping equal. Without hesitation, the Photos armada opened fire. Unfathomable amounts of plasma and antimatter were sent at the collection of awakened Atomna. The casualties were surprisingly low. Just as they were preparing to launch another volley, a familiar little blip appeared on the Photos sensors.
"Sir, it's another one of those unknown signatures that were following us earlier!" The sensor operator said. Ryo'lis shot him a look of confusion. Then it struck the sensor operator: Val'ones was in charge at that time. She sighed. "Earlier, a pair of blips were following us. They were alternately phasing out so we couldn't get a bead on them, but this one isn't." She explained, showing Ryo'lis the blip that had shown up-right behind one of the Atomna. Ryo'lis shot a look out towards the swarm of Atomna, and suddenly, a bolt of glowing white light penetrated out from behind one, raking up, slicing the glowing golden orb nearly in half. Even more surprising was the explosion that sent the bisected Atomna scattering into deep space. Then a fleet of the blips appeared, a shining fleet appearing a split second later. The ships were a golden colour. Then, that first blip became visible. It was a mecha of some sort, with two long, glowing blades, one emitted from each arm. A channel opened on the bridge.
"Well, at last we get to meet the results of our handiwork." Echoed an almost lyrical voice.
"I'll bite; who is this?" Ryo'lis spat into the open link suspiciously.
"Why, only the race your's is descended from! We are the Phitire." The lyrical voice answered, but in a more cheery sounding tone.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: They Who Cannot Be Named - The Ancients.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2010, 04:14:39 am »
En-route to Verog; Vara Orealyianis

"Your majesty!", called out one of the Vara's bridge officers. "Detecting large-scale fold anomaly in the vicinity of Verog!"

"Atomna?", the King's voice rang across the vessel's speakers as an image of the monarch boarding his variable armor appeared in the bridge's central projector.

"Uncertain.", the officer replied. "The disturbance appears to be centered around Verog, however."

As soon as he finished his statement, a vast holographic projection sprang from the center of the chamber, showing what appeared to be a map of Verog's system, along with the massive anomaly which appeared to have been produced by the Atomna's sheer presence.

Shanara's eye glanced at the image in front of him before a dreaded sense of scale came over his senses. Springing from his chair, he quickly called out to the Vara's AI, "Vara, run a crosscheck between the anomalies' apparent magnitude and that of an average Awakened Atomna."

//Initiating crosscheck...//

Verog High Orbit; Advanced Reconnaissance Unit

A small blip in the fabric of existence greeted the opposing forces as the First Fleet's advanced recon force jumped back to normal space.

Scanning the distant horizon, several massive signatures quickly bombarded their sensors.

There was something else, however. Something which one of the unit's officers quickly put to light.

"Captain, it appears we're picking up another group of signals!", said the pilot of a Scanner-modified Armor. "I'll bring up a visual shortly!"

"That's..."

En-route to Verog; Vara Orealyianis

//Crosscheck complete...

Atomna presence, estimated at, six to seven billion individual units...//

Shanara, as well as everyone on the bridge, were speechless. All Atomna population estimates merely numbered in the millions, not the billions that he was currently hearing from the ship.

"Vara, repeat crosscheck between the anomalies' apparent magnitude and that of an average Awakened Atomna."

The Admiral could not believe it. There must have been an error in the system. Lest the AI's calculations be correct and the enemy outnumber the First Fleet by up to half-a-million to one.

A dreaded silence filled the chamber as everyone awaited the AI's answer which more or less decided their fate.

However, before the vessel could finish recalculating the findings, a short transmission came from the fleet's advanced reconnaissance unit, informing the Orealyianis force of the groups startling discovery.

Verog High Orbit

A large shower of allied signatures plastered nearby sensors as the Orealyianis Interstellar Navy's First Fleet arrived at the field of battle.

The Vara Orealyianis' two massive SEACESSV cannons, which were large enough to be considered capital ships in their own right, lead the way as the entire body of the flagship pulled itself back into normal space. Frigates, destroyers and all other manners of vessels of every class imaginable quickly followed suit, adding to the bulk of the already gargantuan presence.

Taking their place right beside the Photos fleet, a new channel opened in Ryo'lis's bridge.

A direct line straight from the Vara Orealyianis.

//This is King Foriza Kazamadariya speaking.

We have come in an attempt to uncover the truth behind the Atomna's recent transformation.

Requesting permission to speak with the officer in charge of the Photos presence.//

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2010, 03:42:34 pm »
A channel beeped open on the Leviathan's bridge, carrying the message from the Orealyanis.
"I am Acting Commander Ryo'lis, and I'm in charge while Val'ones is, shall we say, indesposed? We're attempting to bring down the Atomna, because so far, the few encountered have been utter bitches to take down, pardon my language. And, quite unexpectedly, some, ah, relatives have made their presence well known to the Atomna, to put it politely." Ryo'lis said, pointing to the gleaming fleet hailing on the Atomna, as well as the mech that was zipping and teleporting around, slicing entire Atomna in half with one swipe of it's gleaming energy blades.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2010, 12:48:45 am »
"I see...", the Monarch replied as he put the pieces together and discerned the mysterious fleet's nature.

Back on the bridge, everyone was busy scanning the battlefield, primarily in an attempt to get a wider picture of the entire crossfire, but also to get a hold of what these strange new combatants were capable of, and in turn how the First Fleet fits into the grand scheme of the conflict.

"The Photos' precursors...", Shanara wondered as footage of the vaguely ethereal vessels began to pour in.

"Commander...", King Foriza called Ryo'lis attention once again as the Vara Orealyianis main cannons began to build up charge. Just as this was happening, several subspacer warships began to join the fray, though primarily through the sidelines to avoid excessive damage.

"Is there any possibility that we can contact their commanding officer?", the Monarch continued as the massive variable fortress began to raise its arms and lock onto the mass of enemies.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2010, 04:36:54 pm »
In response to said request, Ryo'lis forwarded the channel information the Vara Orealyanis.
The Photos started another volley up. They were worried about hitting the little mecha buzzing around, but it was far agile enough to get out of the way. They concentrated fire on one Atomna at a time, and while it wasn't as impressive or fancy as the little mecha, it did the job, taking the Atomna down. And if that wasn't enough, the Phitire fleet began unleashing a hailstorm of dull grey bolts. While not very impressive looking, these blasts seemed to have much the same effect as the blades of the mecha; they penetrated clean through the Atomna as if they were so much paper.

Vara Orealyanis: Bridge
A tall, impressively dressed figure silently materialized out of sight on the bridge of the Vara Orealyanis.
"Your Majesty, if you wish to speek with us, you need only ask." The Phitire grinned, getting the attention of the majority of the bridge crew.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 03:17:46 pm by GroxGlitch »

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 11:54:54 pm »
"Wha-", Shanara was unable to finish his statement before turning around and seeing what all the commotion was about.

I see.

Up in the bridge's hangar, Foriza just finished repositioning the Vara's arms for the next strike as a small screen popped up to his right. In it, Shanara stared knowingly at the king, swiftly soliciting his attention as the prince began to speak.

"Brother!", Shanara called out, putting his hands behind his back and straightening his stance. "It seems we have a rather special visitor here on the bridge!"

"Visitor?", the king wondered as he transferred control of the vessel to the onboard AI and briskly walking towards the nearest of the hangar's elevators.

"Greetings and welcome, kind visitor!", a familiar voice called out from behind the Phitire. It was the King, descending from the chamber above.

Stepping off the platform and onto the floor, the king let out a pair of smiles as he walked towards the visitor and greeted with a slight bow. Raising his head, he began to speak. "Greetings!", Foriza began. "I am King Foriza Kazamadariya of the Orealyianis Monarchy, close friends of the Photos. Maybe you have heard of us from your 'relatives?'", the monarch winked, trying to confirm his hunch regarding the Phitire civilization's nature.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 16, 2010, 03:14:30 pm »
"I need not speek with, as it has been put, our "relatives". I've seen much of the past already, and seen my race's planted genetic code grew up perfectly, as it was intended. I am Praetor Kae'shaz, Phitire commanding officer of this little detachment you've seen. As you can see, these "Atomna", as you call them, stand no match against our Guardian. However, I offer a better, faster solution. We can simply freeze the entire system in temporal staisis. This would cause time to come to a standstill, effectively eliminating this threat. So what say you?" The Phitire asked, turning to peer out the bridge.
"Oh, and by the way, as I can see your curiousity upon the matter, my race did craft the Photos, milennia ago. I would be more than happy to fill you in on the matter, if you'd be so inclined." He added, over his shoulder.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 03:37:38 am »
"Much obliged, dear Praetor!", Foriza answered heartily at hearing Kae'shaz's proposition, something which greatly eased his consciousness, showing just how much faith he still possessed for the Atomna despite everything that had recently transpired. The king was quite set on uncovering the true reason behind the seemingly apparent betrayal, naturally coming to agree with the praetor's convenient suggestion. "Indeed, peacefully neutralizing the threat would appear to be best, considering the current situation."

Walking towards the lone Phitire, the monarch stopped right beside the benevolent visitor as he watched the raging conflict which lit the distant horizon, finally setting his eyes on a certain obsidian ball on the other side of the field. "If it is not too much to ask of you, dear Praetor...", Foriza began, turning towards the Phitire. "... is it possible to spare Verog, the Atomna homeworld, from the system-wide stasis? There's something, we need to find out, about that world..."

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 12:14:29 pm »
"I daresay that can be arranged." Kae'shaz said, bringing his right wrist level with his chest, a slight beep heard, aparently establishing a link.
"Captain, prepare to carry out Action KB275-2, Variable A, Sub-variable D." Staisis, entire system, keep the planets out of the staisis, for those not learned in Phitire commands.
"Oh, and keep the Photos and Orealyanis out of the staisis." He added. From the largest ship in the little fleet, several glimmering, golden  beams shot out, containing the entire system in a golden framework. Transparent energy linked these, and as soon as this bubble was complete, everything except for the Phitire, Photos, Orealyanis, and the planets in the system, faded to black and white, frozen in that previous second.
"There you go."

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 03:45:43 am »
"Amazing...", Shanara said reflexively after seeing the process in action. "Not unlike the tales regarding the Terran-Morians. To think that I'd see something of such scale in person ... and in action, at that.", the prince continued as his sights hovered over the distinctly altered horizon.

Everything really did grind to a halt, down to the very particles which sustained Verog's star.

Everything, save for the select group of beings spared as per Kae'shaz' command.

"Indeed.", Foriza added as a pair of pleasant smiles greatly showed his relief at the current battle's rather peaceful conclusion.

"We'd best continue with our mission, then.", he looked quite gratefully at Kae'shaz before turning his sights towards the rest of the bridge. "Prepare the First Fleet for planet-side operations.", the monarch ordered, to which the rest complied as they prepared the units necessary for the descent to Verog's surface.

"And contact Commander Ryo'lis, and ask him if they'd like to conduct a joint planet-side operation with us.", the king added before turning back to Kae'shaz.

"I, personally, could never thank you enough for vastly helping to bring this battle to a peaceful conclusion.", Foriza thanked the Phitire as he quickly bowed towards him. "And I'm more than certain that all of us here in the First Fleet thinks likewise."

"We will now be sending planetary forces to investigate Verog's inner workings. Hopefully, we will be able to get to the bottom of this conflict after probing the world's purportedly artificial interior.", the king carried on as he nodded towards Shanara, the latter quickly making his way up to the bridge's hangar. "It will be our first time to enter the deepest bowels of Verog. And it would truly be quite an honor if you were to accompany us, even if just to tour the body's internal structure."

"What do you think?", the monarch smiled at Kae'shaz for some time before continuing. "And on a related note, concerning your people's story. Indeed, I would be quite inclined, especially after my recent tour to Photise with Commander Val-"

The monarch stopped what he was saying in line with the aforementioned individual's current situation. He was certain Kae'shaz would understand why, he thought.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 21, 2010, 08:12:39 am »
"I would certainly say yes to a planet side operation, and I'll get around to the story behind the Photos, just give me a moment to contact my fleet." Kae'shaz said, activating his wrist comms unit again. "Prepare a battalion for combat, and get me a surface-scale Guardian, we're going to be executing a joint exercise with the Orealyanis and I believe the Photos as well." Kae'shaz said, cutting the channel and returning to the Orealyanis.
"Now then. Onto the story of the Photos. Alot of the races I'll be talking about are long sense dead and berried, so doubtful you'll know of them. My race was a peaceful, yet powerful one, much like the Photos are. Corruption, power mongering, these were things that happened once every, perhaps, ten generations. And mind you, given our lifespan, that's quite a while, but anyway. We got along well with the other races of the galaxy, trading and building alliances. Things were peaceful. But, there were the Shadow, tucked away off in their little secluded section of the outer part of the galaxy. They built their armies, and for reasons unknown to this day, decided to launch an invasion on the rest of the galaxy, Their weapons were quite advanced, and they quickly conquered most of the galaxy. We and a few other races stuck together and managed to beat back the Shadow quite a respectable distance. Meanwhile, our scientists were working like crazy. The better our technologies got, the farther back we pushed them. Eventually, we wound up with the technologies the Photos found on that frigate we left for them. Antimatter technologies, as well as limited trans-dimensional technology. We used our trans-dimensional tech to build the Splitter Cannon; which created a localized portal with an insanely high gravitational pull. We defeated the Shadow throughout the galaxy, and it came down to just their homeworld. Facing eminent defeat, they moved the planet's population onto transports and attempted to flee while their warships distracted us. The plan would have work, except for when the Splitter Cannon fired, the transports were too close and got pulled through. So the Shadow were kicked out of our universe, but we looked at ourselves as well. We had the technologies to oppress the entire galaxy, faster and more brutally than the Shadow had before! With the irony screaming, we loaded the population of our empire onto massive worldships, gathered the fleet, and left for deep space between here and the Novus Cluster, where we have sat for years beyond count. But before we did, we modified our genetic code into what you know as a Photos, and with a little terraforming, planted this genetic code, and planted it on the Shadow homeworld. They wan't their homeworld back, and they ain't gonna get it. We've been observing the events of this galaxy, learning, anticipating. I can distinctly remember watching the Nauceans during the height of their empire. I've been around for quite a while myself, I'm around 2,115 in your Standard Galactic Years. I said we had long lifespans, remember? And the real mind blower is, I'm actually quite young. And we've had run-ins with the Nameless, as well. I'll let you in on a little secret; You know Lakis Duavon, the Photos that joined the Nameless?" He got a nod. "Well, he's on our side, he's a double agent. He's just waiting for the opportunity to exploit said fact. And that bit with Val'ones and the nanites? Same deal. It's a feint, to earn the trust of the Nameless. As soon as they have their trust, Lakis will deactivate Val'ones' nanites and fill him in." Kae'shaz smiled, and took a deep breath from saying such a long speech. And it came back: the Photos accept too.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2010, 04:40:53 am »
A feeling of relief swept King Foriza after hearing what truly happened to Val'ones, "Quite a relief!" The king chuckled as he scratched the back of his head with one of his nippers. All this time he was worrying far too much concerning a matter that was, apparently, under the Phitire's control. "That is extremely wonderful news, Praetor Kae'shaz!", the monarch added with delight while offering his other, smiling hand to the visitor in front of him. "The others would be greatly relieved to hear of this, once this conflict is over."

"As for the story of Origin's past...", Foriza continued, his hand still hovering between him and his new acquaintance. "... then it seems that the Shadow actually were telling the truth when they spoke about their past. Even the parts concerning their encounters with your civilization."

At that moment, a strange mixture of deep pity and ironic comeuppance played within the monarch's mind as he recalled Kae'shaz' exposition regarding the events behind Kari and his people's current state.

The Shadow really did get set back by quite a lot, it seems...

"I'll be sure to keep it in mind the next time the Shadow call for discussions.", his other hand also began to smile.

Up in the bridge's hangar, Shanara was getting ready for the upcoming descent as he hopped into his royal variable armor and slowly closed the canopy.

He wasn't alone, however. Several other royals who were also in the fleet were likewise readying for descent alongside their non-royal brethren.

The mission was one of infiltration, utilizing variable armor technology in anticipation of Verog's purportedly lethal surface. Long ago, in the conflict that came to be known as the Fold War, no SPA force managed to even merely enter the dreaded world's atmosphere, let alone set foot on it.

The Orealyianis can only wonder what sort of traps the Nameless have set up for them this time around, on this exceedingly effective death planet.

Regardless, the king knew that had to uncover the truth despite of the massive risks. Stray strands of doubt stubbornly still lingered in the monarch's head regarding the Atomna's affiliations.

Several minutes past until everyone was ready and the coalition's vanguard headed to the planet's surface.

Meanwhile, the Vara Orealyianis and all other ships within the First Fleet were to remain in Verog's orbit to await further orders, providing fire support if it ever came to it.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2010, 09:58:56 am »
The Photos were rapidly scrambling to throw everything they had at the planet. Everything from Waratica warmachines to the best-trained infantry in their arsenal. And if THAT wasn't bad enough, some of the Dreadnoughts had prepared for high atmospheric entry. The carriers launched their stockpile of aircraft.
It was truly going to be an utter Force of Arms.

Meanwhile, the Phitire had already launched their attack force for the planet, on which teleported the Praetor. He geared up in a variant of the Guardian mecha, designed more like a suit of powered armour for planetside excursions. It was going to be hell for whatever Atomna were still unfrozen on the planet.

Ryo'lis opened a channel to all the ships.
"All units, it is time to strike a serious blow against those who dare invade our galaxy. By eliminating the Atomna here and now, it takes one variable out of the equation. Our combined forces should crush all the Atomna, and given our allies' time stop, they shouldn't even see it coming. Let's show these Nameless just what a mess they've gotten themselves into. Let's show they who cannot be named the folly of INVADING US!" Ryo'lis cut the channel, his motavatonal speech over.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 08:43:53 pm by GroxGlitch »

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 02, 2010, 12:41:57 am »
"While I don't completely agree with Ryo'lis... he makes a very valid point.", Shanara whispered to himself as he and his wing of vanguard variable armors descended into the atmosphere alongside a Photos dreadnought. When the Photos mentioned the destruction of the Atomna, the thought of meeting the Valgu bureau chiefs flashed into his mind. He had frequently met the two in the past decade, speaking with them personally whenever they crossed paths with each other during the monarchy's many joint operations with the agency.

To think that I might meet them here., the prince thought, a slight chill running across his body. And in such an unfortunate arrangement.

After confirming their destination for the last time, Shanara's group moved into assault formation and braced for combat, some transforming halfway to increase their maneuverability for the upcoming battle below.

Brother, I sincerely hope you're right.

That there really is another way to eliminate the Atomna from this war.

Another, more peaceful way...

Nearing the world's surface, the combined arms of the Photos, Phitire and Orealyianis split into multiple mixed groups to cover the vast face of the planet. Expecting intense resistance from their planet-borne adversary, the three prepared their forces for a massive planet-wide spearhead to safeguard further landings.

Thus, it was only quite natural to feel a slight sense of shock when, upon reaching the drop sites, there was no such hostility to be found.

Dead.

Such could be used to describe the seemingly lifeless stretch of pitch black plain which welcomed the arriving troops as they scanned the apparently inert surface. The closest semblance of life on the world, the mountainous similarly shaded half-sunken gears which sprinkled the horizon, eerily watched in silence while the deafeningly serene sky blanketed the surface-bound soldiers in a barely noticeable light-orange haze.

Yet, despite the clearly inactive state of the seemingly lifeless sphere, the forces' multitude sensors, much to the wonder of their users, continued to prove otherwise.

All across the system, a clear and living presence showed on any vessel's scanners whenever they managed to even barely glance at the world's purportedly thriving surface.

Something was terribly, terribly amiss.

Shanara's wing safely set up a landing beacon on the base of one of the nearby gears. Securing their point of entry, the prince opened up his communicator to contact other surface-based forces.

//Admiral Shanara to Praetor Kae'shaz.

Rally point secured without any noticeable resistance.

How are things on your end?//

Unfortunately, before the Phitire could even answer back, a rather unexpected development began to solicit the attention of Shanara's unit.

//Admiral, we're detecting extremely minor seismic activity all across the perimeter.//, one of the prince's wingmen promptly pointed out as a slight rumbling sensation registered in everyone's armor.

//Admiral, we're detecting low-level geological anomalies all over our area.//, another nearby Orealyianis wing quickly reported as the minute vibrations from the land beneath them quickly increased in intensity.

As reports elsewhere on the planet began to pour in, a veil of unbridled tension surrounded the ground forces.

Scrambling to get an idea on what was going on, Shanara hailed the Vara for data all over the planet.

Upon hearing the Vara's response, a very mortal sensation rand down his spine.

After hearing from above that the strange were simultaneously occurring all over the planet, and that every single one of them were completely shallow and lacked any epicenter, it soon became apparent what was actually underway...

//Everyone! To the mountains!//

BOOM!

Came the sound from a nearby variable armor as a phalanx of light bombarded the vessel's fuselage, causing the generator within to go critical and blasting the unit to pieces. Narrowly escaping death, the pilot within managed to eject his seat just before the shockwave raced across the field.

Using the atmosphere within the armor's cockpit, the Orealyianis soldier rocketed towards Shanara partially transformed armor as the prince's canopy opened to receive the survivor. Clamping down the cockpit, the two soldiers sped to top of the mountain, where the enormous cogs would protect them from the attackers.

Managing to regroup in the mountains, Shanara's surviving units peeked slightly beyond the cogs' safety to look down into the endless fields and witness an utterly harrowing sight.

The entire world's flatlands, every single span of it, was now covered, if not composed of, an ocean of Nameless assault drones.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 02, 2010, 03:29:02 pm »
P.S. LEVIATHAN: BRIDGE.
"Oh, this is gonna be good. Fire up the main bombardment guns. Blow that thing wide open!' Ryo'lis said. The plasma guns on the underside of the ship, the part facing the planet, switched online and targeted the area the forces were dropped in, and began firing in bombardment profile, careful not to hit any surviving drops. Progress was going to be slow, however.

NAMELESS LUMINARY ASSAULT CARRIER.
Lakis and Val'ones had been summoned to one of the LAC's to meet up with one of the leading Atheim Nameless. Lakis had received an update about Verog, and had concocted a way to remotely cripple the planet's defenses, if only temporarily. While Val'ones was genuinely on the side of the Nameless, the Phitire nanites having seen to that, Lakis' was but an act.
"This entire game can only go on for so long...." He thought to himself, looking around the grand hallway en-route to the command chamber where their meeting lie.