Author Topic: A few Warhammer 40,000 army building tips.  (Read 1019 times)

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
A few Warhammer 40,000 army building tips.
« on: October 16, 2010, 08:37:27 am »
I didn't know if this should be here or in Portable Games, if I was off on it's placement, would a mod be kind enough to rectify said issue? Thanks in advance.

Ok, I've really been giving some thought about getting an actual Tau Empire army going, sense all I have is a busted up Piranha that my kitties got to, and a squad of Sphess Mahreen tacticals I got when I was first introduced to 40k. And I've had some thoughts as to one of my units, and it's somewhat out there, so for those a question would be "could I even DO this in the first place?"
Ok, for my hq, and I know this probably won't be playable in "official" matches, given what it is, but still. I was thinking about getting a XV-25 Stealthsuit squad, and using parts from two of them to make the third into my commander, who has an enhanced stealthsuit. My intended modifications are:
Taking the Burst Cannons from the other two and mounting them around his shoulder area (Dual-linked, of course.), His arm weapon is a fusion blaster.
If I can find some, adding some of the bits of armour from the other two to his, because I want to give him a cooler look and on the shoulders, have someplace to mount those pesky Burst Cannons.. I can't give him a better armour save, sence they already have a +3 and TERMINATORS have a +4, so it ain't goin any higher.
Anyone have any say on this? And tips for building an army?

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
Re: A few Warhammer 40,000 army building tips.
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2010, 09:11:30 am »
Taking the Burst Cannons from the other two and mounting them around his shoulder area (Dual-linked, of course.), His arm weapon is a fusion blaster.
If I can find some, adding some of the bits of armour from the other two to his, because I want to give him a cooler look and on the shoulders, have someplace to mount those pesky Burst Cannons.

This won't work unless you actually know what your doing (i.e have plenty of experience), i suggest building him as games workshop intended and just painting him a little different.

Also when actually building your army start small and only buy one thing at a time, i'd suggest doing your commander, getting together a couple of fire warrior squads doing up that Pirhana you've got and that should do you for a while. Expand it one unit at a time when you feel you want to.