Author Topic: The Communal Timeline? (Mods, move or delete if you must)  (Read 5668 times)

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
The Communal Timeline? (Mods, move or delete if you must)
« on: October 15, 2010, 08:46:48 pm »
So, here's my plan for constructing a new Communal Galactic Timeline.
1. Set a definite beginning. I'd say the sapience of the Nauceans would be a good start.
2. Set a defining BC/AD-type event, something that splits it in two. Perhaps the founding of the USSS?
3. Each poster will add their own race's events to the timeline depending on where it fits. For instance, the Pentekonterus' first contact would be towards the end, since that was just a few years ago by Galactic Standard. The Molybdyesi wouldn't be on there yet (especially since I'm not done building the thread.)
4. When all the bugs are worked out,TIMELINE! We also need a new map, since many races have come and gone. BTW, are there members of every race in Beyon City? If so, then the Peks would be the only ones not represented there, due to the extremely recent contact.
So, what do you think?

Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
Re: The Communal Timeline? (Mods, move or delete if you must)
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2010, 08:49:04 pm »
In this conflict, with planets changing hands and getting destroyed, not the time for this. Besides, I'm not in the mood to mark out the entire Photos Empire. Cuz' it's BIG.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2010, 09:44:03 pm »
I suggest .PNG via MS Paint for the map.

Though yeah, with the current conflict, borders are gonna get whacked and planets are gonna go boom, so it really wouldn't be conductive to keep track of it all right now.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 16, 2010, 01:14:27 am »
I am skeptical that this will succeed, if only because it never succeeds.

Regardless, the founding of Beyon is a much better midpoint than the founding of the USSS.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #4 on: October 16, 2010, 06:03:13 am »
Regardless, the founding of Beyon is a much better midpoint than the founding of the USSS.

This, especially.

Beyon is the most well known city in the entire galaxy. It's basically New York in Spaaaaaaaaace...

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #5 on: October 16, 2010, 06:07:19 am »
I just know the "Golden Age" stuff after that your on your own ....

Wexxian Timeline
http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/3051/timeline.png

Naucean Timeline
Prehistoric – 0 to 500,000 (500,000 years long)
Stone Age – 500,000 to 550,000 (50,000 years long)
Copper Age – 550,000 to 555,000 (5,000 years long)
Bronze Age – 555,000 to 557,500 (2,500 years long)
Iron Age - 557,200 to 558,200 (1,000 years long)
Medieval Age– 558,200 to 558,700 (500 years long)
Renaissance Age – 558,700 to 558,950 (250 years long)
Exploration Age – 558,950 to 559,150 (200 years long)
Industrial Age – 559,150 to 559, 350 (200 years long)
Flight Age – 559, 350 to 559,700(150 years long)
Emancipation Age– 559,700 to 559,850 (150 years long)
Atomic Age – 559,850 to 559,950 (100 years long)
Rocket Age – 559,950 to 560,050 (100 years long)
Modern Age – 560,050 to 560,100 (50 years long)
Digital Age – 560,100 to 560,150 (50 years long)
Biotech Age – 560,150 to 560,175 (25 years long)
Robotics Age – 560,175 to 560,200 (25 years long)
Nano Age – 560,200 to 560,225 (25 years long)
Galactic Exploration Age - 560,225 to 560,250 (25 years long)
Galactic Colonization Age - 560,250 to 560,275 (25 years long)
Halycon War Age - 560,275 to 560,300 (25 years long)
Necromonicon War Age -  560,300 to 560,350 (50 years long)
Galactic Isolationism Age - 560,350 to 560,400 (50 years long)
Ascension Age - 560,400 to 560,500 (100 years long)
Post Ascension - 560,500 - Present (? years long)

Kazea Timeline
Unlisted ? -1700
Imperial Age - 1700-1950
Modern Age - 1950 - 2092
Space Age - 2092 - 2600
Exodus - 2600 - 2689
Post Exodus - 2689 - ?

By overlapping these 3 time lines we do have some cross over events.

Naucean Visit Akaz - 2000 (Kazea Timeline) / 560,230 (Naucean Timeline)

CAB Formation - 560,275 (Naucean Timeline) / Unknown Exact Date (Wexian Timeline)

Halycon War - 560,275 (Naucean Timeline) / 2.5 Units After CAB Formation (Wexian Timeline)

Necromonicon - 560,300 (Naucean Timeline) / 5.5 Units After CAB Formation (Wexian Timeline)

As you can see the Naucean and Wexian timelines do not match up completely. However the Naucean and Kazea timeline can co exist because they do not have more than one over lapping date. Thus Kazea date 0 would be be Naucean date 558,230 or in the Naucean Medieval Age when the Kazea were at Tribal. That's assuming that the Kazea age 0 is their origin.

In short what you need is not a single timeline but separate timelines that sit parallel to each other.

EDIT: Here is also a helpful thread ...

A Brief history of the Galaxy: Timeline
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5297.0

FanFic - Event Index
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5249.0
« Last Edit: October 16, 2010, 06:15:30 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2010, 11:30:49 pm »
starting with the nuceans wouldnt make sense. i'm sure we have some things older than that.

assuming that modern day is 2 MYA or so from their ascension, my graid (no a plug) gained sapience* at least 8 million years before they did.

of course none of this really matters, because whatever happened before them is irrelevent and unknown and had no impact. (that was not sarcastic)

(*their defenition of sentience, not when they first started using tools or learning: when they mastered prose and verse)
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2010, 05:37:05 am »
starting with the nuceans wouldnt make sense. i'm sure we have some things older than that.

assuming that modern day is 2 MYA or so from their ascension, my graid (no a plug) gained sapience* at least 8 million years before they did.

of course none of this really matters, because whatever happened before them is irrelevent and unknown and had no impact. (that was not sarcastic)

(*their defenition of sentience, not when they first started using tools or learning: when they mastered prose and verse)

Older than the Nauceans? They are like the first species created on the forum. Actually they acceded a long time ago compared to the current time. Also in general we work forward adding to the timeline rather than re-writing the past.

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2010, 12:48:36 pm »
Well, I'd say the Pentekonterus rose to sapience at around the same time as the 7,000-year anniversary of the Naucean Ascension, which coincides with the beginning of the Galdeen's Industrial Age and the Photos' first spaceflight, from what I've read.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 22, 2010, 02:14:45 pm »
Older than the Nauceans? They are like the first species created on the forum. .

their is no other way they could exist, seeing how a single graid generation (roughly 800,000 years) is longer than the entire recorded civilization of the Nauceans.

Actually they acceded a long time ago compared to the current time

how long? long is relative. if its supposed to be before any modern things that currently lived, it would have to be a very large number. of course the nauceans are supposed to have had no canonical interaction with modern things, so it's just for kicks.

Also in general we work forward adding to the timeline rather than rewriting the past
I already had this figured out a while ago. they were isolated, so I don't see how it "rewrites the past". and just because you were the first to put your ideas here doesn't mean you species somehow evolved before all the others in a biological timeline.

For the record, i'm not trying to usurp anyone here. more i'm being nitpicky about things that dont matter. but it's all in the interest of entertainment.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 02:16:49 pm by Crazen »
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 22, 2010, 03:43:05 pm »
which coincides with the beginning of the Galdeen's Industrial Age

You included that the standard Galdeen year is around twice as long as a normal year right? That is, if we're measuring the timelines in Earth years.
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 22, 2010, 04:17:55 pm »
Aw, man, I completely forgot to factor that in... quick, where does that place it now?

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #12 on: October 22, 2010, 06:49:53 pm »
Actually they acceded a long time ago compared to the current time

how long? long is relative. if its supposed to be before any modern things that currently lived, it would have to be a very large number. of course the nauceans are supposed to have had no canonical interaction with modern things, so it's just for kicks.

Well at the time there was not even such thing as "no canonical interactions" thus the nauceans did things like time travel, visiting humans etc. Thus the explanation for them visiting humans is explained away through time travel to where they visited the appropriate time to see humans. This is also one reason i had them ascend in order to keep from having cannon paradoxes.

In addition I have always posted the Naucean timeline from the beginning. This is why other golden age creatures match up with the time line. It is only around 2007 that things started falling apart. I would say 2005-2007 were the good golden age of the RP universe and then after that it went downhill. I have not followed this section like I did back then since then and have no idea how your time lines fit into the old one.

In fact according to your registry it looks like you had just joined the forum when this stuff started to go downhill.

EDIT:

Ok so I have been doing so research and I found some time between dates ...

The Burial of Axon

Time: 11 years after the end of the Age of Reclamation; one year after the end of the REDSTAR Rebellion; Shortly after the funeral of King Cortan Tesilia of the Auyuelcliads:

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/3051/timeline.png

That at least gives some scale of how far apart the Age of Reclamation, REDSTAR Rebellion and Burial of Axon were from each other.

11 - Age of Reclamation
1 - REDSTAR Rebellion
0 - Burial of Axon
« Last Edit: October 22, 2010, 07:12:17 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #13 on: October 25, 2010, 03:30:53 pm »
Some stuff from Jack ...

All time is relative to the observer, but there are several huge discrepancies in the new Wexxian timeline... I'll try to address them.

My main problem is that most events are described at their beginning, by the end of a previous event: Necronomicon war start defined as X years after the Halcyon Wars end. But the length of most events are ambiguous: Years from start to end of the Halcyon War is unknown.

Other problem is vague definitions of the time passed. Often it simply states that 'Many years have passed since X'

I have re-researched a little and worked out a more correct time line... not perfect or anything, just a bit more accurate:

Anything marked with (Ca.) means that I'm just guessing... so its up to you.  :-\

Time in the Wexxian calender is measured from the Reclamation. Ergo year 0. 

Dawn Age:

-450 R: 1 Galactic War jump-start Wexxian Evolution. (Ca.)
-390 R: Wexxian Evolve into Sentience. (Ca.)
-300 R: Wexxians First Contact with Oifan-Umtag. (Ca.)

Golden Age:

-298 R: Wexxians join the C.A.B. (Ca.)
-271 R: Start of Halcyon War. (Ca.)
-211 R: Start of Necronomicon War. (Ca.)
-205 R: Destruction of the Originator. End of Necrid War. Fall of the Wexxians (Ca.)

Dark Age:

-035 R: Axon is born
-025 R: Axon becomes known as Avenger.

Age of Reclamation:

000 R: Wexxian Reclamation.
 004 R: Founding of the Protectors Alliance.
 005 R: Beginning of GU War. (Ca.)
 006 R: Death of Axon.
 017 R: REDSTAR Rebellion. (Ca.)
 137 R: Wexxian Exodus to Meridian.

Imperial Age:

142 R: Founding of the Wexxian Empire. Wexxians Enter the Infinite War.
 163 R: Teaz becomes the Avenger.
 165 R: End of the Infinite War.
 168 R: Founding of the Tri-Wexxian Empire.
 189 R: Litaria is chosen by the Sword of Axon.
 198 R: The 0047'th RRF are dispatched to Origin.
 199 R: Nameless invade Meridian. Fall of Void. Litaria goes missing.
 204 R: Nameless Invade Origin. Percent.

This is mostly speculation and such but I hope it helps a bit. I have trouble with numbers so I usually don't use them.  ???

This helps a bit. What we really need in the community is to decide a year 0. Some major event that everyone could agree on.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 25, 2010, 03:37:31 pm »
So, technically speaking, which race was the first to evolve to sentience?
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #15 on: October 25, 2010, 03:50:16 pm »
So, technically speaking, which race was the first to evolve to sentience?

That's a loaded question since some one could always just make up a species that lives really long and came before any other species. However if we are going chronologically on the forum (and the spore community) the Nauceans would be the oldest pre-spore fanfic created species specifically inspired by the 2005 GDC Spore demo. There were next to no Spore fansites on the web yet and of those they were just speculating on the game. GS is really where the whole pre-spore fanfic was originated on the web. In fact I credit Spore Wiki for the spread of the idea since I would post my stuff up on there and it spread like wildfire to other forums after that. In short I just happened to be the first, however the idea would have come sooner or later.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 25, 2010, 05:43:10 pm »
How about we start when the first space empires and/or wars started.