Meh.
4 (22.2%)
OH, HEY OCTAGONAPUS!
7 (38.9%)
I LIKE PIE!!!
1 (5.6%)

Total Members Voted: 17

Voting closed: October 22, 2010, 07:45:07 pm

Author Topic: Hopping Galaxies?  (Read 13004 times)

gec05

Re: Hopping Galaxies?
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2010, 02:18:01 pm »
Also, didn't you post a poll in Everything Else about their races? How do you expect any of us here to be familiar with that? We don't even know what the hell this is or who those people are.

As with regards to Kosmosis, it was a step in the right direction. But it lacked people outside of the forums here and it wasn't established enough as it should have been. I have been looking into ways of passing administratorship of that site to someone else.

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2010, 02:25:22 pm »
Isn't it dead?

gec05

« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2010, 02:31:39 pm »
It is, doesn't mean that the forum was deleted or anything.

Offline SimplyNecro

• Scramble Skipper
  • Blood for the Blood God...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2010, 02:32:28 pm »
I look at this with a healthy dose of cynicism, suspicion (can't find a good word right now).

I looked at their history (I can't help but enjoy reading any universes history) and took some peeks at their forum... but I think our rp's despite both taking place in a sci-fi (or in their case, sci-fantasy) universes, aren't that compatible, mainly because we and they focus on completely different aspects of said universes...

Us: We focus on awesome galatic battles, relations between alien nations ect...

They: they focus on life at a weird alien high school...
Quote from: The Evil Overlords Handbook
30. All bumbling conjurers, clumsy squires, no-talent bards, and cowardly thieves in the land will be preemptively put to death. My foes will surely give up and abandon their quest if they have no source of comic relief.

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 06, 2010, 02:41:28 pm »
To be honest, I was expecting the criticism to be a lot more brutal.  :-\
Of course, there is the secret plan...
And by that, I mean Our influence will cause them to change their play style a bit.
I was originally planning this to have a sort of "hard sci-fi vs. sci-fantasy" theme, anyway.
As with regards to the "bad space opera" claim, we can deal with that.
So, like I said, thanks for being constructive with your criticism, and I do understand that I'm going to need to do a LOT to make this thing work. I mostly thought of this because I wanted to do a crossover with something and I didn't see any other forums anything remotely similar to this one.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2010, 03:27:21 pm »
Well theirs is basically a fantasy game in space. They don't attempt to be original like this forum has been. In short slightly altered humans as each type of race is quite boring when it comes to this type of game. I know our aliens are not always original or realistic but compared to theirs ours look amazingly original! Also the whole magic thing makes things worse. Seriously they would not only be in another galaxy but another dimension. Also from what I have read on their forums they seem to be very full of themselves and think they are so great. I have no idea why you would want to be associated with them.

gec05

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2010, 03:28:35 pm »
Yeah, for the novelty of being featured on TvTropes makes these people seem a little dense.

Offline Galactic-Warrior

• Starcross Space Cadet
  • Where did this fish come from?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2010, 04:08:59 pm »
I'm going to agree with Hydro and Gec. If these guys are full of themselves, I don't really want to do it with them. Maybe we make our own races for that galaxy?
In space, no one can hear you scream unless your transmitting it on the right radio frequency.

Weird City: Add a inhabitant!, Add some industry!

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2010, 04:39:20 pm »
They don't have separate organisms - they just have humans and magical beings.

Offline GroxGlitch

• Gyruss Gyrusian
  • Somehow, I've even less of a clue what's going on.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2010, 04:47:51 pm »
Yeah....
Even if this actually, by some miracle, works, ten bucks says it goes real bad real fast.
And I mean that ten bucks part metaphorically, sence I don't have any money....
I hate not getting an allowance....

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2010, 06:37:57 pm »
Also the whole magic thing makes things worse.
I see your point. But what they don't have is antimatter. Or strange matter. Or Wexxians...
Maybe we make our own races for that galaxy?
I once thought of that, then went, "wait a minute... why wouldn't those races just be in this one?"

I may have to rework the whole idea. Anybody know any other forums (that feature an advanced plethora of races) that we could do this with?
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #26 on: October 06, 2010, 07:29:22 pm »
"Planet Spore" use to have an active pre-spore RP community. However after Spore came out their site soon went away. Some of their aliens I recall were the Ravens, Biarclo, some red xenomorph-like alien, a blue spiky cat that Sash made and the Gibbens.

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 06, 2010, 07:43:46 pm »
You know, I find it funny that the poll options tied for first place are "OH GOD NO" and "OH, HEY OCTAGONAPUS!"

gec05

« Reply #28 on: October 06, 2010, 08:15:46 pm »
You know, people are not going to take it seriously if you give us those options. :P

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2010, 02:47:45 pm »
True, Gec. True.

EDIT: When I was really hoping for this crossover to happen, I made a little intro comic. Everything's drawn from memory, so I probably got most of the designs wrong. I'm currently uploading the whole thing to ImageShack. I should be able to post it when the whole thing's done.

EDIT2: Here, have a comic.
http://img697.imageshack.us/i/img008dq.jpg/
http://img689.imageshack.us/i/img009yp.jpg/
http://img823.imageshack.us/i/img010v.jpg/
http://img21.imageshack.us/i/img011ev.jpg/
http://img843.imageshack.us/i/img013or.jpg/

Page 5 is missing, but read it anyway. Again, I'm sorry if I got any designs wrong.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2010, 03:01:17 pm by Dr.Octagonapus »