Author Topic: Tonguetastic!(The Kin)  (Read 9974 times)

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
Re: A Tonguetastic Idea...
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2010, 11:23:53 pm »
So you'd get the message, otherwise it'd just be random garbage no one could understand.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #16 on: October 06, 2010, 11:25:50 pm »
What? *looks confused*

Offline Lush City

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • Get those blasted Power Rangers!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 06, 2010, 11:28:59 pm »
The Zeroth rule of tropes. "Shakespeare did it first." I'm saying you're our 'Shakespeare" because any idea we do, you've done it before us. The link was for anybody who didn't know about it.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #18 on: October 06, 2010, 11:40:54 pm »
Ah. Just like "Simpson's did it!" Thanks for explaining.

Offline BlagStar

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Blagging your Blag since Blaggity Blag
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 07, 2010, 05:10:14 am »

Not to rain on your parade but I made a "Bellyfaced Tonguewalker" before Spore even came out.

Nice to get Hydro in my thread, even if you're criticizing my creature. And blag, Hydro and all others who want to "this is not unique", don't. BUT.....Explain more about the frugs and toungewalkers biology! I am trying to create a realistic creature (not that yours is not realistic).
And I've decided that there "tongues" do not taste or smell. They have a gastropod based mouth, that is to say that they first cut of a piece of food with a radula (this is the organ with taste buds) or swallowed it whole. They then bath it in highly corrosive saliva in a crop, like a birds, and then finally send it down into a spiral intestine (inspired by sharks and there crop replaces there stomach). Although I should think about there planet first, I decided to concentrate on the Kinshoius. Because they have a subterranean history they have poor, extremely light sensitive and colour blind eyes. Having a taste 50 times better than humans (they can also smell through there true tongues and have inferred vision, through there true tongues) taste is important in their culture so there food taste unbelievably amazing but usually have a bland texture due to swallowing whole. There houses are reminiscent to Earth semi-cave houses. My old version were huge, slanted poles dug into the ground, like skyscrapers going both down and up.

15 minutes of thinking...

their females were extremely intelligent, their males were idiots,

Are you a girl? All your creatures are like that...

No, not really...

Only the Erogian and the Frug, and the Erogian were inspired by the Frug.

And I don't think Third / fourth genders count as girls.

Oh and I dumped the Frug long, long ago.

Offline Watcher in the Puddle

• Mystery House Madman
  • Ad infinitum
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 07, 2010, 06:55:39 am »
Hey Watcher, you really need to stop double posting. It's really confusing and annoying and unnecessary. Just consolidate your posts on one please.

Thanks for editing it (I think you did?) Gec. I have thought of a solution to my picture problem, that I should of thought of the moment I started. Just hyperlink to Image Host/Shack...duh...

Actually, after writing that paragraph of above, I might include the Kinshoius to the RG galaxy but write my main articles on spec. One question though, do humans inhabit the RG galaxy? I think they do, didn't the Nauceans meet some?

I know this is becoming an off topic thread (it was meant to be in the end) but is there anything else you would like to know about the Kinshoius/Kinshoian?

One thing, all your creatures hop on their tongues. Mine does not. It has a forked "tongue" (read above!!) which extrude through holes in the side of It's mouth. So if you do not know it's anatomy it would like it walks on two tentacles with bony back "arms/legs". I've also got ome good relationship ideas (families, marriage etc...) if you want to hear.

(messed up quote, Blag said only 2 creatures had clever girls)
YOU DON'T KNOW YOUR OWN CREATIONS *gasp*! Neither do I :P But check up your Insaneiverse, both of your creatures (your first one and the white livac (?)) had females averagely more intelligent than males. Just wanted to point out please do not reply.

Also, I've seen that nobody answered my question. Doesn't matter. If everybody ignores this it just means I've got a place to store my ideas.

Senses
The Kinshoius have the same general senses as humans:Sight, Smell, Taste, Touch and Hearing. But thanks to their underground origins, they have an improved sense of smell, touch and even inferred. Their antenna are covered with sensitive pits which use seek heat sources and creates a simple form of inferred to use when in dark areas. Talking of dark, Kinshoius (or the Kin :D) have a monochromatic, short sighted view of the world. Their eyes are vaguely insectoid  as they seem "placed on" instead of inside of a socket. They have thin membrane because I was to lazy to think of something else. Taste and smell organs are located on the radula. Smell is just a advanced form of taste and so not so good. I haven't thought about hearing. Has anybody got any ideas? They don't have ear holes

OK... let's see if this works...

http://i.imagehost.org/view/0558/august_2010_aguilar

YES!!! I hope you like it, sos it's not coloured. It's a picture of an Usoi, one of my old creatures if anybody can remember.

I'm still going to post this...

Food and Cooking
 I have a headache, continue tomorrow...

But now I don't ;D
Right let's begin... Well, as I have mentioned before, the Kin don't really care about texture when it comes to food. They want it to be organized in mathematical spirals with illusional patterns painted on to their slop. They want it to be infused with a thousand tastes of herbs, spices, meat, sea water, shells, moss, blood, earth... Their cooking doesn't include much fire as meat is eaten raw and plant matter is edible raw anyway. Instead, cooking includes three basic methods, usually combined: Liquidation, combination and infusion.

« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 04:58:39 am by Watcher in the Puddle »
In a game like this you cannot win, only lose more slowly

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 09, 2010, 05:19:29 pm »
lol how do i edit post
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

gec05

« Reply #22 on: October 09, 2010, 05:22:53 pm »
Wow, I can't believe you completely ignored that. You're still not learning are you?

Do you need help with this watcher? There is an edit button. Do you not see the friggin button? ======>

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #23 on: October 09, 2010, 05:28:44 pm »
Or thie one below, in case you're using a different theme:

• Mystery House Madman
  • Ad infinitum
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 10, 2010, 04:44:39 am »
Wow, I can't believe you completely ignored that. You're still not learning are you?

Do you need help with this watcher? There is an edit button. Do you not see the friggin button? ======>

Now somethings are double posts, but I wrote that a couple of hours latter and there two different thing. Now if someone complains about my double posting or edits my posts into ONE...
I'll change my personal text to:Double post
                                          Double post....

>:( >:( >:(

And yes I am learning... cos i poste twu poste and turnem into one.. ;D

but did you like my picture...
« Last Edit: October 10, 2010, 05:00:53 am by Watcher in the Puddle »

gec05

« Reply #25 on: October 10, 2010, 07:37:25 am »
Ah, yes. Very nice drawing. Your skill is commendable.

Offline Great Distance

• Mappy Meowky
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 10, 2010, 08:54:03 am »
[drawing]

Not to rain on your parade but I made a "Bellyfaced Tonguewalker" before Spore even came out.

[another drawing]

I also made a "Paraglider Tongue" if we are going to get into tongue themed aliens.

See more of my pre-spore aliens in my gallery.

Not to rain on your parade, but I think it's arrogant and egoistic to post your own creatures in someone else's thread and then post an advertisement of your stuff immediately after it.

Thanks, bye.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #27 on: October 10, 2010, 12:16:00 pm »
Nice to see you too GD.  :-*

gec05

« Reply #28 on: October 10, 2010, 12:33:03 pm »
I know GD is being a little rude Hydro, but she does have a point.

Cease derailment! Please continue. ;)

• Mystery House Madman
  • Ad infinitum
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 11, 2010, 03:53:58 am »
I was actually expecting a sarcastic comment so thanks :D So..Is there anything else you want to hear about, more about their planet, culture etc... I have got a good picture of them but the Kin have changed a bit now and I haven't drawn one for quite a while.

Please answer this.