Author Topic: Spore Update Interview Overview  (Read 2602 times)

Offline Robopolis89

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
Spore Update Interview Overview
« on: July 11, 2007, 08:06:20 am »
All of the info below is from the IGN interview with VP of Marketing Patrick Buechner see http://pc.ign.com/articles/802/802448p1.html for the full interview

Spoilers Below do not continue unless you want your mind blown away

First of all no matter what five of the previous topics have said THERE IS NO EVIDENCE OF WATER CIVS all the the pictures and videos that they have sited are just pictures of land animals, with some dust or particle being rendered.

Second the reason that spore is does not have a huge booth at E3 is they decided to spend their time developing, and are going big a Leipzig this year, most likely with a very full demo for the press, including the actual game and not just the creature editor and some tiny tidbits of the other stuff.

Third, there is going to be a DS version of spore, but it will focus mostly one the creature stage and will not go much into the other stages, and there will also be no trading of creatures between the two versions.

Most importantly the VP says that it is on track for a 2008 fiscal year release, so April 1st or very close to after that.

AND THERE WILL BE A DEMO
they are planning to release the creature editor a few weeks before the actual release.

Offline GCool

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
Re: Spore Update Interview Overview
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 08:48:21 am »
Most of the same information can be heard on http://www.g4tv.com/e32007/blog/post/677235/Maxis_VP_Patrick_Beuchner_Talks_SPORE.html, too...

Either way, some good news!

More spoilers, maybe

In the video, however, he dosn't say just 'creature' phase for the DS - he says specific stages, leading me to belive that either it will only be the one, as you said, or they will put out several games, such as one just cell phase, one just creature phase, and so on, which is a far more EA thing to do.
He also says the same applys for mobile phones.

Probably several weeks before. We know there are a lot of people anticipating Spore and we appreciate their patience. We really want to give them the game that they're waiting for.
Best. News. EVAR.

And did he says that it's alpha phase, and their allready getting people to test it for them? In the video he says it's basicly fully playable now.
Oh, and it LOOKS amasing...

[edit]OHOH! and welcome to the forums!

Offline mrodgers

• Choplifter Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 09:32:41 am »
This is some great information and a great find.  Thanks.
Check out my (Thurlin's) creatures, building, and vehicles.  You won't be disappointed.

http://www.spore.com/flash/csa_widget.swf?userid=2263477425&username=Thurlin&host=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.spore.com%2Fview%2Fuser-thumbnail

Offline Veraal

• Zelda Zealot
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 04:03:05 pm »
I read it on ign today as well. i felt like he was referring to the people on this forum when he said:

We know there are a lot of people anticipating Spore and we appreciate their patience. We really want to give them the game that they're waiting for.

:)

Offline microgta

• Gorf Goon
  • OH NOES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 04:07:06 pm »
He probalbly was. Game corps ans studios whatch the forums all the time. Its alot cheper way of getting peoples reactions rather than set up hundreds of systems and set up all this stuff that costs millions.
"gameplayer.com will fail" says Petike.

Offline munchkin5

• Punch-Out Champ
  • Gentlemen.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 09:22:36 am »
good to know that date, it's almost perfect for me, a month before my birthday and i'll have saved up almost enough money for my new laptop by then.

Offline microgta

• Gorf Goon
  • OH NOES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2007, 09:24:27 am »
What are you getting? Id get a custom XPS or custom Alienware but those will cost a LOT.

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 12, 2007, 10:01:13 am »
Am I the only one not upgrading my PC? Will has never made high req. games before, right?

Offline Robopolis89

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 12, 2007, 10:16:45 am »
No there has never been anything to suggest that you will need top of the line computers with 10 gigs of ram and 2 1gb direct x 10 graphics cards in order to play spore, infact I think I remember reading very early on in the spore craze that they were trying to keep the recs low, but in this day and age if your computer is more than five years old, it might be time to start looking for an update. But to answer your question again there is no need to buy a new computer for spore if you can run the current day games well.

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2007, 10:45:08 am »
Yay! My computer is only two and a half years old, and I upgraded my graphics card not too long ago.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2007, 12:15:31 pm »
My computer is only 1 year old and I got a new graphics card so I'll be fine I guess.
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline microgta

• Gorf Goon
  • OH NOES!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2007, 12:38:06 pm »
If I can play HL2 and battlefield on the HIGHEST setting then I can play.