Author Topic: Spore pretending to upload?  (Read 3830 times)

Offline BlagStar

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Blagging your Blag since Blaggity Blag
    • View Profile
Spore pretending to upload?
« on: September 23, 2010, 04:18:49 am »
I have a problem where I try to upload my creations, then it marks them as uploaded, but they never appear on my spore page, so I can't reupload because I already uploaded. I mean, I can resave them and upload that, but it gets annoying, especially because of how it auto uploads and fails.

Help?

gec05

Re: Spore pretending to upload?
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2010, 05:04:21 pm »
I have the same problem, but I stopped caring. I think it's either two things.

1.) Maxis is having server errors.

2.) Your upload is hitting a bottleneck to the Spore servers and it isn't reaching at all. Even though you are connected to their servers.

I come to the conclusion that option 2 is the issue I'm dealing with. It's has been happening with other games I play online. If you notice your connection occasionally takes longer to load pages during casual web browsing, then you are hitting a possible bottleneck. This is nothing your ISP or Spore can fix directly and there is nothing more you can do.

Offline BlagStar

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Blagging your Blag since Blaggity Blag
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2010, 05:22:40 pm »
I have the same problem, but I stopped caring. I think it's either two things.

1.) Maxis is having server errors.

2.) Your upload is hitting a bottleneck to the Spore servers and it isn't reaching at all. Even though you are connected to their servers.

I come to the conclusion that option 2 is the issue I'm dealing with. It's has been happening with other games I play online. If you notice your connection occasionally takes longer to load pages during casual web browsing, then you are hitting a possible bottleneck. This is nothing your ISP or Spore can fix directly and there is nothing more you can do.

The thing is, it only seems to fail on the ones that get auto uploaded, when I manually upload they seem to work, mostly.

Offline Gnoll

• Track and Field Jock
  • Grrrrr...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2010, 07:15:59 pm »
I had this problem once. I also lost multiple creations when this happened, even though their PNG's are right in the folder.
Who are you again and why in the world would you expect anything resembling rationality or civility in youtube comments?